"Headphone Breakdown" - Beats by Dre (Pg. 1)(GUIDE)(BLOG)

Want to know more about cables and adapters? Is DJing the right way to go? Which violins go well with your guitar? It's time to find out!

"Headphone Breakdown" - Beats by Dre (Pg. 1)(GUIDE)(BLOG)

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 18 Dec 2012 02:55

Headphone Breakdown
Forum Version.

By - BloggytheMonster

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1. Beats by Dre
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the spare room of my apartment, I have a shelf.

On this shelf, I have a few thing's. Microphone's, Xbox controller's... a rainbow dash shirt for some fucking reason...

And headphone's. About five grand worth of head phone's, At least one pair from every major headphone production company, retailer, ect.

I guess it's turned into a bit of a fetish over time, so it should be fun bashing them!

First up - 'Beat's by Dre'
Holy fuck where do I begin with this? The fact that he only produced like, two Eminem song's, or the time he kinda 'Helped' create the Phenomenally Average, at best, 'Death Row Record's' label only to claim that it was all his creation?

Mother fucker, Suge is the only reason DeathRow even started as an idea!

... Andre, I respect you, I really do... but there is a complete difference between respecting you and letting you fuck me out of every fucking dime I have with out taking me to dinner or at least kissing me goodnight and rolling over and falling asleep. It's like you woke up one day and said to yourself "Now how can a nigga fuck over his whole fucking fan bass in one big fell fucking swoop?".

So yeah, thank's... and you stopped returning my call's?

... Basically, Beat's suck, and you should all know that by now. I own every pair of em', including that new 'Executive' pair, which is pretty much what happen's when a pair of the equally shitty 'Studio' one's fuck a Light switch powered by an old soggy potato, They eat up AAA batteries like it's their fucking job.

I'm fucking serious, I had a new pair of AAA's and halfway through listening to Carly Rae Jaspen's "Call Me Maybe" for like the 5th time, they fucking died.

That was like fifteen fucking minute's of battery life!

The combined power of a fucking pace maker and a defibrillator doesn't have the power draining capabilities as these fucking headphone's do.

Anyway... With that... small... (Shut up it was small!) Rant out of the way, Let's have a run down on these pieces of shit headphone's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Solo's'
Store price: $199.99 - Official website price: $199.95 (A whole 4 cent's cheaper?!?! Fuck me I knew it was christmas!)

Sound: I'd say muffled, but I'm not sure if that would be considered lying, because every one around me heard the song just fucking fine, They said it was crisp and completely clear. Yep, because apparently these headphone's aren't for the listener to actually fucking Listen to anything themselves.

Comfortably: Pretty comfy I'll admit, sure, but if that's all you want then why you just tape two fucking pillow's around your head? You'll hear just as much, it will be just as comfy, and not to mention you'll look just as fucking stupid.

Producer Quality: You could produce better audio by jamming a half eaten candy bar into your audio jack.

Personal Vendetta: Solo's.... I fucking hate solo's, with every fucking fiber in my body. Why? Because I go to fucking high school, I swear if you didn't see these down every single fucking hallway you went down, it'd be mostly likely be because of the M16 your carrying and everyone's trying to hide from you.

If you like producing music, and your considering buying these, I would suggest buying a rope instead and hanging yourself, the sound quality is better, it's much cheaper, and It produces alot less mess in the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Studio's'
Store price: $299.99 - Official website price: $299.95

Sound: Apparently, no one at that futuristic, cyborg infested, Awe inspiring utopia that was seen in the first commercial's of the Beats Inside Computers(that I'm assuming to be Dr Dre's super secret evil lair) thought it would be a good idea to check for audio leakage in their headphone's. So yep, the Studio's leak sound, which is the exact same fucking problem that the 'Solo's' have. I feel like I'm paying to get fucked over more and more, I'm like a prostitute on opposite day(Wait...would that even work?.. no..). Okay, maybe I'm not being nice enough. The sound is in fact, a step above from the solo's, almost to the point to make them a good pair even.

... But...

Sure they sound nice, from around 50% of your volume limit down, After you pass that halfway mark, it's like... something change's.

What happened to that great sound I fell in love with?

It was just fine a second ago... but you've changed...

... I think we should see other people...

I swear the fucking thing's just spaz out if anything thing even hint's at the thought of bass like it was some kind of abusive relative, and the audio bleed's out like the thing started fucking menstruating.

So... I guess it's good until I try to... listen to music?

So a step up from Solo's, yay, but poor clumsy Studio's tripped over it's own feet and fell about half a mile strait down.

Comfortably: Not Bad, now instead of pillow's you should go buy those other type's of pillow's that have crappy speaker's in them that like, every 12 year old want's.

Producer Quality: Lemon Wedges and salt.

Personal Vendetta: Well other than the fact that every douche and their dog has a pair of these, I don't personally have anything against them.

Sorry 'Studio's', it's just business.

I think they should have a store that sell's only Slip-On Van's, Snap-Back Hat's, Those shitty Skrillex glasses, Obey and Mac Miller Shirt's, Skinny Jean's, and Studio Beat's and call it... "Go YOLO Strait Off Of A Cliff You Cunt."

Executive's

Store price: $299.99 - Official website price: $299.95

Sound: Have you ever just sat there, listening to Skrillex's new song, or Wiz Kalifa's new song with your Beat's Studio's and thought "Boy oh boy, these headphone's sure are great but if only they randomly turned off sometime's because they ran out of battery again, even though I just replaced them like ten minute's ago!"? If so then go out and buy these, literally go fuck yourself with them, then burn in hell you monster.

Now as much as I know your already making an order on the site for them, just hold on a second, because I haven't even talked about the best part yet.

So.... First off, I guess they're not ENTIRELY like the Studio's, nope, because unlike the Studio's, these have an 'On - Off' switch, and a totally useful little button on the side that basically act's as a small kill switch, so now you no longer have to worry about what your douche friend's are talking about anymore. And-

"There's more!?! Oh god Ridium, what you've said has already got me all hot and bothered, I don't know if I can handle anymore!"

Oh well your gonna need a cold shower after this then my fine reader, and don't fucking interrupt me you cunt, I will fucking destroy you.

Erm... Anyway! When you put these bad boy's on for the first time and flip the little switch to 'ON'? You'll hear the cutest little hissing sound, if any of you have ever blown a pair of headphone's, you'll know it, and... AND, if you wear em' when it rain's? They produce the sweetest little static shock that you never see coming! Also! "oihgaiuhgfisfdh!" If you turn them up to around... oh, say the 7th little notch on your iPod, iPhone, Zune(Ha!), or That shitty S3 phone from Samsung, They're going to blow out pretty fucking quickly, Trust me on that.

I'm looking over at them in the corner... trying to give those eye's... It won't work! You know what you did!

Comfortably: Soft... actually, nice for a while. Eventually I felt like my ear's where going to catch fire though... so pretty much 'meh'.

Producer Quality: The fact that I recommend the Studio's over this....this....Monster should sum that up pretty well.

Personal Vendetta: I felt like you took my innocence, Executive's. I feel like a little boy who just learned the harsh truth about being an alter boy for a creepy catholic priest.

I scrub and scrub but the dirt never come's off! Why father Brian? Why? No, I don't like wine.

Now... I will continue this on page two, which will be for now at least, just another forum post.

If you would like to contact me for any reason, please use my personal Tumblr account or the message feature that is on most forum site's, rather than contacting the full label. (Kind of got in trouble for letting that first one slide guy's, so sorry but that's just the way it is...)

I'll get the blog up soon! I promise!

Personal Tumblr Also, I hate sounding like 'That Douche who promotes himself' But follow's really would help guy's!

Soundcloud(For people who would like shout out's and feature's, share your song's!)

*Note - If I offended you in anyway, I apologize, this blog post is simply a personal opinion driven by cheap comedic offensiveness and over reaction's toward's flaw's, I respect and support the 'Beats by Dre' manufacturers, but also understand that not everyone's listening experience is the same.

It's all in good fun.

- C.

Update - Hey Guy's from My_little_remix! This Website is the most recent forum I am apart of! First off I should just get this out though I think at least one or two of you may know... I'm not a brony.

Yes, I know I heard it before 'If your not a brony, then why are you on a brony music forum?'

I have grown to love the show, yes, I love all of the personality of each of the character's. It's all very original and thought out, but from my own standpoint, I don't like the show enough to consider myself as... 'Part of the Herd', I don't think I have the connection that I've heard a few of you describe before that make's one a Brony...

I do however, love your music.

Bronies, as a fandom, have some of the most musically creative artist's I've heard, Some even dwarfing the abilities of most of the famous artist's out there.

I simply want to offer my support and respect for a group who, by all right, earned it.

- C.

/)
"I skin small filly's and use the mangled flesh for my lampshades" - R.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Re: "Headphone Breakdown" - Beats by Dre (Pg. 1)(GUIDE)(BLOG

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 18 Dec 2012 03:45

If you buy a chocolate bar, and it tastes awful, don't keep buying the same chocolate bar over and over.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 18 Dec 2012 04:27

Cool idea for a little review series bro. Can't wait to see what you put out next. As for Beats, my friends usually want them for their first pair, but luckily I can talk them out of it.

Funny story, my dad almost bought me beats for Christmas last year, but he said they looked a bit too pricey. So he bought me Bose OE2s. Thanks overpriced Beats, you saved me from your own crappy self.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 18 Dec 2012 05:25

Lavender_Harmony wrote:If you buy a chocolate bar, and it tastes awful, don't keep buying the same chocolate bar over and over.

I completely agree with that statement, and in any case I wouldn't buy a pair of headphone's by a certain company if I already bought a pair that were complete shit.

But since the symbolic object that we are using is chocolate, think of it like this...

You buy a chocolate bar, bite into it, and discover that it taste's awful. "Bleh!" you say in disgust, and a man near where you are turn's and ask's you "what's wrong with the chocolate bar?", "It taste's awful!" you say, the man look's down, appearing to ponder this. "So you wouldn't spend money on it?" he ask's calmly, "No" you say in return. "Would anyone buy this candy bar?" he ask's, now your thinking, would they? You realize "Yeah, because they don't know it taste's awful... they have no reason not too.", "Hmm... well, what could you do to stop them from making this... regrettable choice?" "I could tell them... yeah! I could tell them!" you say. "Yes, yes you could, but there is also more candy bar's in there, who's to say any one of those couldn't be equally as disgusting? Are you prepared to spend all of your own money for the well being and happiness of other's?"

You think... "I wouldn't have enough money too."

The man smile's at you and say's "Then how about this. I buy you the candy bar's, you test them, you get to keep any uneaten candy you tested, and I'll even pay you a small salary, all I ask that after you get done testing an individual bar, to report back to me about whether or not it tasted bad, and why you thought that, Sound good?"

Yes, it did sound good, too good. "Yes, but why? Why would you do that? Why would you help all of these people if you don't know them? Why would you be prepared to pay me? Why am I so special?"

He let's out a small laugh, wink's at you and begin's to walk away, "Special? My boy, your not special, I'm paying other's to do the same exact thing as you. Think of it as a... necessary expense" He smile's once more before walking away completely, and give's his reason.

"I own a candy store across town lad, and if I can find out what make's other candy so bad, I can make my candy better."

Marketing, it's a very evil game, but still a profitable one.

I, like so so many other's don't buy these headphone's, all we do is receive them, tell what we like or dislike about them, and report to someone else why, the only difference is that not many people blog about their finding's. such as me. It's almost like a... movie reviewer, understand?
Last edited by Nonsense_Profile on 18 Dec 2012 05:43, edited 2 times in total.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 18 Dec 2012 05:28

XXDarkShadow79XX wrote:Cool idea for a little review series bro. Can't wait to see what you put out next. As for Beats, my friends usually want them for their first pair, but luckily I can talk them out of it.

Funny story, my dad almost bought me beats for Christmas last year, but he said they looked a bit too pricey. So he bought me Bose OE2s. Thanks overpriced Beats, you saved me from your own crappy self.

Beat's are like the Mercedes Benz of headphone's, there like a status symbol.

Do they do more than normal headphone's? Fuck no, but people still waste countless dollar's on the shitty thing's because everyone know "That nigga be rockin beats he be gettin paid."

haha sorry about the insane amount's of ghetto :lol:
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby Sai » 18 Dec 2012 06:03

The main uses of apostrophes are indicating omission of letters or showing possession.
Still, good read.
Sai

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 18 Dec 2012 06:54

Sai wrote:The main uses of apostrophes are indicating omission of letters or showing possession.

Oh hush you, as long as you can comprehend what I wrote down, the message has the ability to be understood, no, matter 'where' grammatical, mishap's' may! be. :roll:
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby itroitnyah » 18 Dec 2012 10:05

Wow, it's always fun to read a review by people who would qualify as audiophiles. Audiophiles are cool people. I like to consider myself an audiophile, but I don't think I have the experience with audio equipment to be considered one, or the equipment to be considered one.

But still, great review.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 18 Dec 2012 11:08

Nonsense_Profile wrote:
Lavender_Harmony wrote:If you buy a chocolate bar, and it tastes awful, don't keep buying the same chocolate bar over and over.

I completely agree with that statement, and in any case I wouldn't buy a pair of headphone's by a certain company if I already bought a pair that were complete shit.

But since the symbolic object that we are using is chocolate, think of it like this...

You buy a chocolate bar, bite into it, and discover that it taste's awful. "Bleh!" you say in disgust, and a man near where you are turn's and ask's you "what's wrong with the chocolate bar?", "It taste's awful!" you say, the man look's down, appearing to ponder this. "So you wouldn't spend money on it?" he ask's calmly, "No" you say in return. "Would anyone buy this candy bar?" he ask's, now your thinking, would they? You realize "Yeah, because they don't know it taste's awful... they have no reason not too.", "Hmm... well, what could you do to stop them from making this... regrettable choice?" "I could tell them... yeah! I could tell them!" you say. "Yes, yes you could, but there is also more candy bar's in there, who's to say any one of those couldn't be equally as disgusting? Are you prepared to spend all of your own money for the well being and happiness of other's?"

You think... "I wouldn't have enough money too."

The man smile's at you and say's "Then how about this. I buy you the candy bar's, you test them, you get to keep any uneaten candy you tested, and I'll even pay you a small salary, all I ask that after you get done testing an individual bar, to report back to me about whether or not it tasted bad, and why you thought that, Sound good?"

Yes, it did sound good, too good. "Yes, but why? Why would you do that? Why would you help all of these people if you don't know them? Why would you be prepared to pay me? Why am I so special?"

He let's out a small laugh, wink's at you and begin's to walk away, "Special? My boy, your not special, I'm paying other's to do the same exact thing as you. Think of it as a... necessary expense" He smile's once more before walking away completely, and give's his reason.

"I own a candy store across town lad, and if I can find out what make's other candy so bad, I can make my candy better."

Marketing, it's a very evil game, but still a profitable one.

I, like so so many other's don't buy these headphone's, all we do is receive them, tell what we like or dislike about them, and report to someone else why, the only difference is that not many people blog about their finding's. such as me. It's almost like a... movie reviewer, understand?

I'm with you, though the reviews you've done were more entertaining than technically insightful, it still puts across the message that beats are a pile of garbage though. Most people already knew that, just by looking at the spec sheet for em.
Lavender_Harmony

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 18 Dec 2012 17:15

Lavender_Harmony wrote:
I'm with you, though the reviews you've done were more entertaining than technically insightful, it still puts across the message that beats are a pile of garbage though. Most people already knew that, just by looking at the spec sheet for em.

Well, of course they're done for entertainment value! Because entertainment value is what generate's interest in marketing =]

Say, if I were to write a 'normal' tech review, would you honestly be interested? Because unless you were specifically looking for a 'Beat's fully professional review with no humor or snide remark's, just cut and dry specifications' Type of review, which there enough of I might add, you aren't going to be interested in this, and therefor feel like you just wasted time if you just so happened to stumble across this thread.

I don't want you to feel like that, so I give my own, unbiased and still completely biased opinion on something that maybe one or two of you might actually find not only useful, but interesting enough to keep your attention

It's the fact that I bash them, yes, but I don't bash them simply to bash them, I bash them because they weren't worth the amount of money being asked for them. And it is technical reviewing, the only thing is that the 'technical' part is subliminal, you take from it your own opinion based upon the loose spec's I handed to you.

I help you review the thing's yourself, with out all the hassle of going out and dropping 200+ dollar's on something that may or may not be a complete waste of money, so basically, I buy the crappy product's so you don't have too.

and since your a mod, if you request that I discontinue to post this kind of thing I will respect that decision =]

Always nice talking with you Lavender
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 18 Dec 2012 18:01

Kyoga wrote:Why would you even buy beats?
They're absolutely terrible.

Read the big long post I sent to lavender harmony, I don't buy the headphone's personally.

It's... well... I guess it's one of my job's, and yes, as a piece of audio equipment they are in, fact absolutely terrible.

... well, all except for the $499.99 Pro Series', which are, Ironically, the best and my personal favorite model of not just Beat's, but any manufacturer.

And keep in mind that this is only the 'Beat's Review', for 'Beat's by Dre' model's specifically, I just chose to start with that, this is also just one company manufacturer.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 18 Dec 2012 18:12

itroitnyah wrote:Wow, it's always fun to read a review by people who would qualify as audiophiles. Audiophiles are cool people. I like to consider myself an audiophile, but I don't think I have the experience with audio equipment to be considered one, or the equipment to be considered one.

But still, great review.

Thank you!

... I think?

... Is an audiophile a good thing to be? I mean... I like head phone's well enough, but I don't think I'd invite it to Bible Camp any time soon... it's a strictly platonic relationship between us..
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby indeable » 18 Dec 2012 18:26

lets do a beats comparison to my own 50$ headphones to give you the scientific reason why beats suck.

if you want a good pair of all round use headphones with HIGH volume that keeps its quality try American audio 550s. i use them for gigs and all round use. but there a dj headphone and the cord may be long for some people but for 50 bucks its not bad.
ill be using these as a comparison.
heres comparison to beats studios.

beats studios ($250
impedance: 16W
Speaker: 40mm
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
Sensitivity: 110dB (+/- 2dB)
Rated Wattage: L + R: 60mW

American audio 550's (50 $)
Driver unit: 57mm diameter dome
Impedance: 64Ω
Sensitivity: 107dB±3dB (S.P.L. at 1kHz)
Frequency response: 5Hz to 30kHz
Maximum power: 3500mW
Plug: 3.5mm stereo plug with 6.3mm gold-plated adapter

to explain that to non audiophiles

1.the dome is well bigger meaning louder sound and deeper bass

2. frequency response refers to how high or low speakers play.
now the human ear cant hear under 16 or over 20k generally but under 16 means that the bass can be felt better and reverberated better. over and that means you can turn speakers up louder generally.

3. sensitivity is how loud the speakers can get now beats may be higher by a small margin but they need extra power to achieve this.

4.wattage
wattage is how much they can take because beats have a built in amp that im assuming uses the power from 2 AAAs i cant compare this cause the 550's don’t need battery’s.

5 impedance this refers to how efficient headphones are. the impedance of a pair of headphones increases, more voltage but less current is required to drive it, and the loudness of the headphones for a given voltage decreases. ill let you compare yourself.

6 as a note beats also are built to add bass while this might sound good think of it like a permanent equalizer. usually you dont want the same equalizer for all genres. and the noise cancellation tends to muddle things cause it adds sound in order to cancel. the 550's just do this by being harmonically sealed.(soundproof cause of a good fit and well sealed casing.)

in short the beats are worse than headphones 1/4 their price and chew through batterys.
and dont buy headphones because of their brand name.
hopefully you understand why people hate beats now.

~indeable out
email: indeable@gmail
im a lyricist that’s all i really do. Hit me up i might write for you.
indeable

Postby vladnuke » 18 Dec 2012 23:20

Are you gonna do more headphones? I have a very nice pair of shure srh840's, but I've been thinking about what other headphones I might get. The Shures have great listening quality and are excellent studio headphones (nice flat responce, good impedence, good soundstage) but are frankly kinda ugly and I wouldn't want to wear them around. Then again, I might just get the dj-like headphones by shure, with the gold metal stuff on, those look like they could be worn and listened to.
vladnuke

Postby indeable » 19 Dec 2012 06:12

vladnuke wrote:Are you gonna do more headphones? I have a very nice pair of shure srh840's, but I've been thinking about what other headphones I might get. The Shures have great listening quality and are excellent studio headphones (nice flat responce, good impedence, good soundstage) but are frankly kinda ugly and I wouldn't want to wear them around. Then again, I might just get the dj-like headphones by shure, with the gold metal stuff on, those look like they could be worn and listened to.

well the ones i used in that review are what i consider a great pair of cans for all round use. they are comfortable and come in 4 styles (lava , green , white , black).
also dont let the low price tag fool you they are meant for actual djing and are from what i could find best pair for under 100. however if you find the cord to long try audio technica they from what i can tell have a good selection for a decent price.
indeable

Postby Gray Ham » 20 Dec 2012 05:23

I had a good giggle at this.

"I go to fucking high school, I swear if you didn't see these down every single fucking hallway you went down..."
I can relate heavily to this.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby Applejinx » 20 Dec 2012 06:25

Sennheiser.
Applejinx

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 20 Dec 2012 14:11

indeable wrote:lets do a beats comparison to my own 50$ headphones to give you the scientific reason why beats suck.

if you want a good pair of all round use headphones with HIGH volume that keeps its quality try American audio 550s. i use them for gigs and all round use. but there a dj headphone and the cord may be long for some people but for 50 bucks its not bad.
ill be using these as a comparison.
heres comparison to beats studios.

beats studios ($250
impedance: 16W
Speaker: 40mm
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
Sensitivity: 110dB (+/- 2dB)
Rated Wattage: L + R: 60mW

American audio 550's (50 $)
Driver unit: 57mm diameter dome
Impedance: 64Ω
Sensitivity: 107dB±3dB (S.P.L. at 1kHz)
Frequency response: 5Hz to 30kHz
Maximum power: 3500mW
Plug: 3.5mm stereo plug with 6.3mm gold-plated adapter

to explain that to non audiophiles

1.the dome is well bigger meaning louder sound and deeper bass

2. frequency response refers to how high or low speakers play.
now the human ear cant hear under 16 or over 20k generally but under 16 means that the bass can be felt better and reverberated better. over and that means you can turn speakers up louder generally.

3. sensitivity is how loud the speakers can get now beats may be higher by a small margin but they need extra power to achieve this.

4.wattage
wattage is how much they can take because beats have a built in amp that im assuming uses the power from 2 AAAs i cant compare this cause the 550's don’t need battery’s.

5 impedance this refers to how efficient headphones are. the impedance of a pair of headphones increases, more voltage but less current is required to drive it, and the loudness of the headphones for a given voltage decreases. ill let you compare yourself.

6 as a note beats also are built to add bass while this might sound good think of it like a permanent equalizer. usually you dont want the same equalizer for all genres. and the noise cancellation tends to muddle things cause it adds sound in order to cancel. the 550's just do this by being harmonically sealed.(soundproof cause of a good fit and well sealed casing.)

in short the beats are worse than headphones 1/4 their price and chew through batterys.
and dont buy headphones because of their brand name.
hopefully you understand why people hate beats now.

~indeable out

What I'm talking about, this review is honest and serious and reliable and technical...

... and boring as fuck, holy shit I had to bribe myself with skittle's just to keep reading past the first fucking line...

That was a bit douchebag-ish and I'm sorry...

But you talk like I don't know why people hate them, I know why people hate them, they suck, they only sell for status symbol's, unfortunately marketer's and manufacturer's apparently don't know why people hate them, so that's where I come in.

I say exactly what's bad about them, and why, so that they can better the product.

Market research from an angry teenager is never wrong.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby cloudshovit » 20 Dec 2012 14:16

http://www.headphone.com/learning-cente ... -graph.php

Save yourself the time and effort by checking your headphone's frequency response against other headphones here. Beats are a bit overhyped and overpriced IMO.
Last edited by cloudshovit on 20 Dec 2012 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
cloudshovit

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 20 Dec 2012 14:16

vladnuke wrote:Are you gonna do more headphones? I have a very nice pair of shure srh840's, but I've been thinking about what other headphones I might get. The Shures have great listening quality and are excellent studio headphones (nice flat responce, good impedence, good soundstage) but are frankly kinda ugly and I wouldn't want to wear them around. Then again, I might just get the dj-like headphones by shure, with the gold metal stuff on, those look like they could be worn and listened to.

Well I asked a few time's for permission from the mods. Never got a response, so I'm assuming that they don't give a fuck.

So yes! ;) I will review other model's, starting with the second part of this review :) which I'll post sometime today.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 20 Dec 2012 14:17

Applejinx wrote:Sennheiser.

I'll start working on it!
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby itroitnyah » 20 Dec 2012 14:21

Nonsense_Profile wrote:Thank you!

... I think?

... Is an audiophile a good thing to be? I mean... I like head phone's well enough, but I don't think I'd invite it to Bible Camp any time soon... it's a strictly platonic relationship between us..

An audiophile is just a term for somebody who has a lot of knowledge and experience with audio equipment. I guess it sorta started out as a term to make fun of people with great interest in audio equipment from somebody who was disgusted by how much these people loved audio stuff, so the term just grew to describe these people, and they decided to stick with it. I'm not sure, lol. But either way, I'd be honored to be called an audiophile. Just need to build up my collection and experience :P

Oh yes, Sennheiser. Definitely. Yuss.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Applejinx » 20 Dec 2012 14:50

Do a Sennheiser post and I'll fill in with HD280 Pro and HD600 (which probably won't end up on your list)
Applejinx

Postby indeable » 20 Dec 2012 19:59

Nonsense_Profile wrote:What I'm talking about, this review is honest and serious and reliable and technical...

... and boring as fuck, holy shit I had to bribe myself with skittle's just to keep reading past the first fucking line...

That was a bit douchebag-ish and I'm sorry...

But you talk like I don't know why people hate them, I know why people hate them, they suck, they only sell for status symbol's, unfortunately marketer's and manufacturer's apparently don't know why people hate them, so that's where I come in.

I say exactly what's bad about them, and why, so that they can better the product.

Market research from an angry teenager is never wrong.

i didn’t mean to put it that way. i put it there for those people who aren’t totally convinced. usually i find this comparison works. :p
indeable

Postby CommandSpry » 21 Dec 2012 03:52

I just read trough the post

what the hell

seriously

you spent $800 on BEATS HEADPHONES

When you could have bought anything

ANYTHING

HD650, DT990, any, freaking, thing

I think you might need to re-evaluate your life
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Cutie Mark: wobbler

Next

Return to Hardware/Tracking/Performance Advice