"Headphone Breakdown" - Beats by Dre (Pg. 1)(GUIDE)(BLOG)

Want to know more about cables and adapters? Is DJing the right way to go? Which violins go well with your guitar? It's time to find out!

Re: "Headphone Breakdown" - Beats by Dre (Pg. 1)(GUIDE)(BLOG

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 21 Dec 2012 06:16

CommandSpry wrote:I just read trough the post

what the hell

seriously

you spent $800 on BEATS HEADPHONES

When you could have bought anything

ANYTHING

HD650, DT990, any, freaking, thing

I think you might need to re-evaluate your life

Or you could just learn how to read. But since I've said only about 15 fucking time's now I don't buy the head phone's friend
"I skin small filly's and use the mangled flesh for my lampshades" - R.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby K3WRO » 21 Dec 2012 19:57

You should go start making reveiws of ATH Headphones

I mean, it's not as bad as the beats but some people think they're the greatest thing in the world, honestly, not really, but they're alright.

M50 to be exact
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 21 Dec 2012 20:12

K3WRO wrote:You should go start making reveiws of ATH Headphones

I mean, it's not as bad as the beats but some people think they're the greatest thing in the world, honestly, not really, but they're alright.

M50 to be exact

Okay, I actually have the second part of this review done, it's just saved as a draft.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby the4thImpulse » 22 Dec 2012 11:56

Because they were beats I think I can get past the lack of much technical reviewing, but seriously what kind of review is this? This is what I would expect from the product reviews on 'amazon.com', not a music production forum intended to help people on a more professional level.

I also found it somewhat offensive with the constant profanity, most of it was completely unnecessary and served no real purpose to the review. It's completely unprofessional but I guess it fits in this unprofessional review.

I understand it was supposed to be funny and all that but there was very little technical information showing just why the suck so much. I would much rather see a real technical review rather a comedy bit for your next one.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 22 Dec 2012 15:31

the4thImpulse wrote:Because they were beats I think I can get past the lack of much technical reviewing, but seriously what kind of review is this? This is what I would expect from the product reviews on 'amazon.com', not a music production forum intended to help people on a more professional level.

I also found it somewhat offensive with the constant profanity, most of it was completely unnecessary and served no real purpose to the review. It's completely unprofessional but I guess it fits in this unprofessional review.

I understand it was supposed to be funny and all that but there was very little technical information showing just why the suck so much. I would much rather see a real technical review rather a comedy bit for your next one.

If you want a technical review, you can look at the "specs" section on the website. I don't want to read a review by a robot, I want to read it from a person. Also, are you really complaining about the profanity? Sure, it didn't really add anything major, except to the comedy, which I guess you weren't a huge fan of either. No need to bash a review when there are plenty more "professional" ones there.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby bartekko » 22 Dec 2012 18:47

XXDarkShadow79XX wrote:If you want a technical review, you can look at the "specs" section on the website. I don't want to read a review by a robot, I want to read it from a person. Also, are you really complaining about the profanity? Sure, it didn't really add anything major, except to the comedy, which I guess you weren't a huge fan of either. No need to bash a review when there are plenty more "professional" ones there.

on what website?

Profanity in this case isn't funny. It's just immature like a 12 year old who tries to look badass by adding so many "badass" words so often it makes it hard to read and comprehend the point of the article. Now profanity is not always bad, and I'd be lying if I said I never ever say "fuck" (I just did :D) but it's a forum where we should take stuff seriously, and that much profanity doesn't look serious, not to mention spelling and grammar errors, which I only tolerate because i respect 4thimpulse and it would be unfair if I judged him in a different way than everyone else.

Any grammar and spelling errors, as well as logical fallacies in this post are caused by Muphry's law.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Sai » 22 Dec 2012 19:05

bartekko wrote:Any grammar and spelling errors...are caused by Muphry's law.

Even if it was, I'd like to keep thinking this wasn't intentional, just because it make the point even more poigniant.
Sai

Postby soultensionbenjamin » 22 Dec 2012 20:34

That was the funniest review I ever read

"What" headphones sponsored by a famous music mogul got big.

Ahem...
In all seriousness
Try the ATH M50s.

Exceptional audio quality for professional monitoring and mixing.
soultensionbenjamin

Postby K3WRO » 22 Dec 2012 22:53

Kyoga wrote:Guys...

Just...

Leave it...
XD we know that beats suck. Just leave it alone.
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby the4thImpulse » 23 Dec 2012 01:48

bartekko wrote:on what website?

Profanity in this case isn't funny. It's just immature like a 12 year old who tries to look badass by adding so many "badass" words so often it makes it hard to read and comprehend the point of the article. Now profanity is not always bad, and I'd be lying if I said I never ever say "fuck" (I just did :D) but it's a forum where we should take stuff seriously, and that much profanity doesn't look serious, not to mention spelling and grammar errors, which I only tolerate because i respect 4thimpulse and it would be unfair if I judged him in a different way than everyone else.

Any grammar and spelling errors, as well as logical fallacies in this post are caused by Muphry's law.

Thanks for backing me up Bartekko.

XXDarkShadow79XX wrote:If you want a technical review, you can look at the "specs" section on the website. I don't want to read a review by a robot, I want to read it from a person. Also, are you really complaining about the profanity? Sure, it didn't really add anything major, except to the comedy, which I guess you weren't a huge fan of either. No need to bash a review when there are plenty more "professional" ones there.

Bartekko explained my thoughts a little more clearly, I don't see how a comedy review is going to help anyone here, especially when the review is 'Beats' (because its the one headphone we needed another review on... (that's sarcasm)). Now if it were a technical review, one that could better inform the musicians here, then I would support it even if its Beats. This is a forum for musicians, not 'avid music fans/listeners', and I would like to keep it that way by doing away with 'comedy reviews'.

Now a review that is both comedic and technical would be awesome, but that was not this review.

Now I am not against profanity when its used in context or for emphasis, but this review had it for no other reason than to make me think the review is a 'cool' guy. Its childish really.

Nonsense_Profile, I don't mean you any disrespect with what I'm saying here and I am sorry if I did.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby cloudshovit » 24 Dec 2012 14:06

I have to agree with the4thImpulse. Might as well review some cheap headphones which could help poor ass people like me pick a proper headphones for production.
cloudshovit

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 27 Dec 2012 06:04

bartekko wrote:

on what website?

Well I should probably pay more attention to my own forum thread.

Profanity for me is never meant to be funny, I can see how the view that you apparently have in you head about the cussing I do, Profanity may seem like a fallback comedic attempt to sound like I have a much bigger point than I'm actually letting on, which is why I don't use profanity. I just talk.

When a fifteen year old kid tells me to stop cussing like a twelve year old kid and take everything on this my little pony remix music forum more seriously...

You know you're welcome to say 'BEEP' out loud for every cuss word if it's truly that offensive for you, I don't force you to read this thread, let alone click on the topic itself.

And with grammatical errors?

...Yeah, I completely understand. I often write to fast and, put thing's wear theyr'e not sposed' to go, most of the time, but if you quite literally just read what I typed down in a matter of about five to ten seconds, what the fuck does it matter?

Life isn't a texting service, the actual 'Message' of any sentence, is never in the letters themselves.
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 27 Dec 2012 06:16

cloudshovit wrote:I have to agree with the4thImpulse. Might as well review some cheap headphones which could help poor ass people like me pick a proper headphones for production.

Yeah, give me like a day or two to pick the font on this stupid blog of mine and I'll do more requests and stuff :)
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby PonE-Sharp » 27 Dec 2012 10:26

Nonsense, do you perhaps watch Zero Punctuation? I could not stop myself from reading that in Yahtzee's voice XD
Find me here:

youtube.com/user/coltsuke
League of Legends: Zarfall (Or PrìncessCelestia. Both work apparently.)
Steam ID: Trentul
DeviantArt: Zarfall
PonE-Sharp

Postby Nonsense_Profile » 27 Dec 2012 19:44

PonE-Sharp wrote:Nonsense, do you perhaps watch Zero Punctuation? I could not stop myself from reading that in Yahtzee's voice XD

Yes, as a matter of fact I do!! :D I could never step up to the level of that god though :?
--
Tumblr
--
Sound cloud
--
Youtube
Nonsense_Profile

Postby PonE-Sharp » 28 Dec 2012 01:25

Nonsense_Profile wrote:
PonE-Sharp wrote:Nonsense, do you perhaps watch Zero Punctuation? I could not stop myself from reading that in Yahtzee's voice XD

Yes, as a matter of fact I do!! :D I could never step up to the level of that god though :?

I dunno, you came pretty close XD
Find me here:

youtube.com/user/coltsuke
League of Legends: Zarfall (Or PrìncessCelestia. Both work apparently.)
Steam ID: Trentul
DeviantArt: Zarfall
PonE-Sharp

Previous

Return to Hardware/Tracking/Performance Advice