Dave Gilmour Style Vocalist Required

From scales and semitones to pentatonics and cadence patterns. It's all about the science behind the expression, here.

Dave Gilmour Style Vocalist Required

Postby Acsii » 01 May 2014 20:10

I know there's the vocalist list... But as I'm looking for a specific style I though it would be better to just create my own thread.
I'm looking for someone who can sing in the style of Dave Gilmour from Pink Floyd, this can be of either gender as long as the style fits.
https://soundcloud.com/acsiident/stop-pretending-unmixed
This is the song that the vocals are for. Currently I have a vocoder in place to show how the vocals will go. Please PM me if you would like to give it a try and I can give you the lyrics and the backing track that you personally require.

Thank you,
Acsii
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Re: Dave Gilmour Style Vocalist Required

Postby itroitnyah » 01 May 2014 21:01

As somebody who has never really listened to pink floyd, would you mind providing an example of his singing? If it's something like what you hear in Comfortably Numb, I could give it a shot, since the nasally singing doesn't sound that hard to reproduce.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Dave Gilmour Style Vocalist Required

Postby Acsii » 01 May 2014 22:31

The vocals in the chorus and bridges of Comfortably Numb are Dave Gilmour so that's exactly what I'm looking for. Another song he does the vocals for is Coming Back to Life
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Return to Composition and Music Theory Advice