Soundscapes in Wavetable synthesis

From scales and semitones to pentatonics and cadence patterns. It's all about the science behind the expression, here.

Re: Soundscapes in Wavetable synthesis

Postby Navron » 09 Feb 2013 02:16

I haven't delved into soundscapes with Massive, but I've been able to get some pretty cool morphing effects by attaching a synced delay with different times to left and right on the effects panel.

You could also add a delay to the bottom 2 effects and attach an LFO to the delay time.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 09 Feb 2013 06:43

I've yet to really try making a soundscape in massive. But hell, you figured it out, can't hurt for me to try.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Mondogreen » 09 Feb 2013 23:57

I like to use an lfo and slowly modulate between the two filters. With a performer, you can get an insane amount of combinations going working with just the parameters in the filters and performer. Other than that, inserts and feedback are awesome, like you said, and modulating fx like the chorus and reverb are an easy way to add some serious depth.
New track in the works!!

DAW: Sony Acid Pro 6
VSTi: NI Massive 1.3
Plugins: Not many

You don't need a cabinet full of cleaners to make a sick track

https://soundcloud.com/djmon/2-pac-changes-mondogreens-work
Mondogreen

Return to Composition and Music Theory Advice