The Shape of Things to Come

It is very important that you pay attention to this forum.

Re: The Shape of Things to Come

Postby Mundius » 22 Jan 2014 12:36

Gray Ham wrote:Oops, sorry. Some people confirmed my version of it on #bronymusic so I thought it was correct.

We didn't confirm it, we assumed it was true because we knew less than you did. In fact, I found out about this from you and from CaptainFluffatun.
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Nine Volt » 22 Jan 2014 14:32

ExoBassTix wrote:
Freewave wrote:
Facade wrote:all of this happenings reminds me when is mlr supposed to get the face lift?

Circuitfry was in charge of this and he was showing off several different coloring schemes and different styles that he was working with the forum designer. This didn't come to fruition and I don't know if any of that is still possible to be implemented at this time (or how far along it was). As much as I'd like a new coat of paint on this barn we'd really have to see how that would be possible at this moment as we weren't directly involved with those actions. We have done various new subforums and outside actions (fimmusic, etc) to make subtle changes in the forum and we can and will continue to do that.

Again I urge people not to target Circuitfry anymore (and we will not tolerate that on mlr) as we're personally worried about him and he does not need to feel anymore ganged up upon. Let's move on this discussion to more positive actions and what we can do to get mlr back in order.

Weren't the Seaponies, like, our themers? Don't they have power over some of this?

I think they were friends of Circuitfry. Not to mention that they didn't really ever come online.
Nine Volt

Postby Makkon » 22 Jan 2014 20:07

Aw, well, maybe a temp coat of paint is in order. I'll take a bit of time tonight and see what I can do. No promises though. It's been a while since we've changed it.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Makkon » 22 Jan 2014 22:07

Done for now, could use some tweaking later down the road. I'd like to have the avatars on the left, but I'll need help from PHPony. Until then, let me know what you think.

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Nine Volt » 22 Jan 2014 22:26

I'm sorry Makkon but I really do not like the new layout/look. It's a lot less user friendly on mobile, it's unappealing to look at, it's generic, and I don't like how the view your posts isn't there anymore (or I just can't find it).
Nine Volt

Postby Makkon » 22 Jan 2014 22:28

Sorry it doesn't work on mobile, the last theme was just as bad. I think it is more appealing and less generic than the previous theme, and your posts are clear as day under your avatar. If you dislike it that much, you can switch it back in your user preferences to Xand_Pony.

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Nine Volt » 22 Jan 2014 22:30

The view your posts option. The one that let you see what threads you had posted in. Not the post count.

E: how do I change it back? I couldn't find anything in the user control place
Nine Volt

Postby Makkon » 22 Jan 2014 22:33

[edit] It's under search. Just hover over it. I realize that's nearly impossible on mobile, but like I said our current setup for PHPBB3 isn't really optimized for mobile. We can look into that soon.

FYI, we are messing with some things, so it's likely to go derp for a bit.

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Nine Volt » 22 Jan 2014 22:35

But how do I change the layout back to the old one?
Nine Volt

Postby Callenby » 22 Jan 2014 22:37

Immediate reaction: not really digging it. Things feel just a bit less intuitive, if that makes sense. The color scheme/layout feel a tad on the generic side to me as well :/ Sorry. I do appreciate the effort.

Take that with a grain of salt, though. It may just be a matter of getting used to it.
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Tumblr / YouTube / Soundcloud
Callenby

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Double bass clef heart

Postby Makkon » 22 Jan 2014 22:46

Nine Volt: looking into that now.

Callenby: Of all the presets that I've gone through, this one has all the elements I was looking for, mostly everything that it shares in common with the old theme in terms of functionality. The "layout" is nearly identical to the old, few things have been moved around. I don't know how that can be less intuitive than the barebones XAND preset we had earlier. These color scheme is light blue and magenta, exactly like before, with the addition of cool grey to tone down the overall brightness and make it less jarring. I'm sorry that it doesn't jive with you, I did say it's temp and that we are going to tweak things as time goes on. I made the backgrounds and logo myself.

eery: Good feedback, I'll look into those. I'm bothered by the quotebox too,

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Makkon » 22 Jan 2014 22:50

Nine Volt: in your profile settings, board preferences. You can switch to any of the themes we have there. The one you are looking for is Xand_Pony. We're improving this one as we go, I would appreciate it if you'd be willing to give this a try when you are not on mobile.

Thanks to PHPony, the avatars are now on the left side, and the posts now have 5 more pixels of padding.

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 22 Jan 2014 22:51

Just a thought, it would be nice if we could see what thead is being posted in displayed with the most recent poster.

EG: TheOccularInvisible in The Bragging Thread. Or something similar. It'd be nice to know what the thread is instead of finding out that it was a thread you weren't interested in when you check the subforum.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Makkon » 22 Jan 2014 22:53

That's a plugin I can look into installing. Also a good suggestion.

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 22 Jan 2014 22:54

Also it doesn't display whether people are online or offline when they post. I kinda like knowing that.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Makkon » 22 Jan 2014 22:59

Looks like it's still there, on the right. We're working on fixing that. I've spent all the time I have and need to go to bed now, I'll have the staff look through some plugins and fixes and see what we can do.

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Callenby » 22 Jan 2014 23:01

Makkon wrote:Callenby: Of all the presets that I've gone through, this one has all the elements I was looking for, mostly everything that it shares in common with the old theme in terms of functionality. The "layout" is nearly identical to the old, few things have been moved around. I don't know how that can be less intuitive than the barebones XAND preset we had earlier. These color scheme is light blue and magenta, exactly like before, with the addition of cool grey to tone down the overall brightness and make it less jarring. I'm sorry that it doesn't jive with you, I did say it's temp and that we are going to tweak things as time goes on. I made the backgrounds and logo myself

Okay okay, I wasn't attacking anything. I did say that it was only my immediate feedback.

For me, the avatars are still laid out on the right and the color scheme is most certainly not exactly like before. Everything is white, black, or gray.
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Callenby

Postby Acsii » 22 Jan 2014 23:13

Makkon wrote:Looks like it's still there, on the right. We're working on fixing that. I've spent all the time I have and need to go to bed now, I'll have the staff look through some plugins and fixes and see what we can do.

I HIT REFRSH AND WAS NOT READY FOR THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Acsii » 22 Jan 2014 23:14

Also there's no quick reply
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Makkon » 22 Jan 2014 23:17

Now you hit a button that immediately brings up a quick reply. But I would like to have the box open all the time.

Also, Callenby, that's really strange. You should be getting color and graphics. Sometimes hitting refresh solves it.

I need to go to bed. Goodnight!

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Acsii » 22 Jan 2014 23:23

Makkon wrote:Now you hit a button that immediately brings up a quick reply. But I would like to have the box open all the time.

Also, Callenby, that's really strange. You should be getting color and graphics. Sometimes hitting refresh solves it.

I need to go to bed. Goodnight!

Cheers I didn't see the button.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 22 Jan 2014 23:26

Callenby wrote:
Makkon wrote:Callenby: Of all the presets that I've gone through, this one has all the elements I was looking for, mostly everything that it shares in common with the old theme in terms of functionality. The "layout" is nearly identical to the old, few things have been moved around. I don't know how that can be less intuitive than the barebones XAND preset we had earlier. These color scheme is light blue and magenta, exactly like before, with the addition of cool grey to tone down the overall brightness and make it less jarring. I'm sorry that it doesn't jive with you, I did say it's temp and that we are going to tweak things as time goes on. I made the backgrounds and logo myself

Okay okay, I wasn't attacking anything. I did say that it was only my immediate feedback.

For me, the avatars are still laid out on the right and the color scheme is most certainly not exactly like before. Everything is white, black, or gray.

Try clearing your cache under your browser settings, the restarting your browser.
Acsii

Postby Callenby » 22 Jan 2014 23:37

Tried refreshing and clearing the cache. It didn't do anything.

Callenby

Postby Acsii » 22 Jan 2014 23:37

Callenby wrote:Tried refreshing and clearing the cache. It didn't do anything.

Could you screenshot what it looks like for you?
Acsii

Postby Callenby » 22 Jan 2014 23:48

It's like this everywhere and it doesn't sound like it's supposed to be this way. The only color is from the "unread message" or "Site Admin" signifiers. Can you post a screenshot of how it looks to you?

Avatars are magically on the left now, though. So at least there's that.

Also, none of the buttons to alter your post, like Quote or Img, are working. Good thing they aren't hard to remember.

Callenby

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements