MLR has been adopted!

It is very important that you pay attention to this forum.

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby ExoBassTix » 29 Apr 2015 04:19

It's been for around two years now I believe that the 25-char rule got applied to the forum. Initially people got annoyed and fake-annoyed by it because it was fun at the time and eventually, like a month after I believe, people didn't even notice anymore. How is it that one person talking about it makes people annoyed by it again xD

Should we go bother Simon to return? :P
Image
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
User avatar
ExoBassTix
 
Posts: 3576
Joined: 28 Mar 2013 13:01
Location: The Dutch white waters
OS: Windows 7 x64 / iPhone 6S iOS9.3.1
Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby Facade » 29 Apr 2015 07:32

ExoBassTix wrote:How is it that one person talking about it makes people annoyed by it again xD

i was always annoyed by it i just havent said anything recently cause it didnt seem like the mods would do anything. but now that we have new admins maybe they will change it?
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another


ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
User avatar
Facade
 
Posts: 2313
Joined: 22 Aug 2011 18:26
Location: Anywhere
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby Makkon » 29 Apr 2015 07:39

I think it was applied because of the Spam Thread (one of the many things that made me want to burn this site). It prevented people from making one-word posts, posts which made the thread that all the more difficult to sift through and moderate. There were some horrible things that people got away with posting there.

Anyway, now that MLR is here to stay, I'll take my leave. I have 100% confidence in the new owners, and should anything serious come up, they know where to find me.

Pardon the upcoming negativity, but I hope I've earned the right to be candid with you all.
This place has been an emotional rollercoaster the last few years. It's been one of the more ambitious and interesting things I've done, but also one of the most difficult, and pointlessly so. Circumventing hurt feelings, entitlement, destructive egos, and that whole episode with you know who, made me wonder why I was spending time I could be putting toward something else. This silly music forum about candy horses.

I still have mixed feelings. I probably always will. There are people here who hurt me pretty bad. And if I'm being perfectly honest, there was a lot more bad than good. There was an incredible amount of pressure put on me, in some of my most difficult years outside of this site. I hope you can't blame me for sputtering out and ignoring the site for so long. At the time, I just couldn't bring myself to care.

but

In the end I wouldn't have it any other way. Most of the friends I have on the internet I made right here. I got to participate in the funding of building a village in Uganda. I got to help donate thousands to charity. I got to facilitate a safe place for people to be themselves (even if that backfired a lot), master their craft, and make friends with eachother. I got to help people come together to do the things they love and talk about the things they love.

So to that end, I think this has been worth it. it was good for everyone else. And that's all I wanted in the end.


Keep in mind that if you send me PMs asking me to do a thing for you, I won't be there to do the thing.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
User avatar
Makkon
Site Admin
 
Posts: 983
Joined: 28 Jun 2011 01:34
Location: Utah

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby Fl Brony » 29 Apr 2015 07:46

Makkon wrote:I think it was applied because of the Spam Thread (one of the many things that made me want to burn this site). It prevented people from making one-word posts, posts which made the thread that all the more difficult to sift through and moderate. There were some horrible things that people got away with posting there.

Anyway, now that MLR is here to stay, I'll take my leave. I have 100% confidence in the new owners, and should anything serious come up, they know where to find me.

Pardon the upcoming negativity, but I hope I've earned the right to be candid with you all.
This place has been an emotional rollercoaster the last few years. It's been one of the more ambitious and interesting things I've done, but also one of the most difficult, and pointlessly so. Circumventing hurt feelings, entitlement, destructive egos, and that whole episode with you know who, made me wonder why I was spending time I could be putting toward something else. This silly music forum about candy horses.

I still have mixed feelings. I probably always will. There are people here who hurt me pretty bad. And if I'm being perfectly honest, there was a lot more bad than good. There was an incredible amount of pressure put on me, in some of my most difficult years outside of this site. I hope you can't blame me for sputtering out and ignoring the site for so long. At the time, I just couldn't bring myself to care.

but

In the end I wouldn't have it any other way. Most of the friends I have on the internet I made right here. I got to participate in the funding of building a village in Uganda. I got to help donate thousands to charity. I got to facilitate a safe place for people to be themselves (even if that backfired a lot), master their craft, and make friends with eachother. I got to help people come together to do the things they love and talk about the things they love.

So to that end, I think this has been worth it. it was good for everyone else. And that's all I wanted in the end.


Keep in mind that if you send me PMs asking me to do a thing for you, I won't be there to do the thing.

It's been a hell of a ride just from the time that I've been here, I wish I could've joined eariler in the creation of the site to get better aquatinted with you! I hope that your future is well whatever it brings.
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Skype: jerryl237
User avatar
Fl Brony
 
Posts: 412
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 00:27
Location: Lane, Kansas
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby Facade » 29 Apr 2015 08:32

Makkon wrote:So to that end, I think this has been worth it. it was good for everyone else. And that's all I wanted in the end.

god speed (._.)7

thank you for everything you've done for us
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another


ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
User avatar
Facade
 
Posts: 2313
Joined: 22 Aug 2011 18:26
Location: Anywhere
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby ExoBassTix » 29 Apr 2015 17:11

Thank you very much for the effort you've put in the forum. Regardless of if it could've been better or worse, I'm happy to be an MLR member. The bad stuff that happened, too bad, but it's in the past, and I believe that for most it is too. The friendships are to stay.
Image
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
User avatar
ExoBassTix
 
Posts: 3576
Joined: 28 Mar 2013 13:01
Location: The Dutch white waters
OS: Windows 7 x64 / iPhone 6S iOS9.3.1
Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby JSynth » 30 Apr 2015 15:19

Oh, now I see this.
Hello new overlords.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
User avatar
JSynth
 
Posts: 726
Joined: 12 Dec 2012 10:48
Location: not in the snow anymore
OS: Not Windows
Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby Pulse Wave » 19 May 2015 00:00

Mushrooshi wrote:ExoBassTix:
I still think it'd be a good idea to create a MyLittleRemix community Facebook group. What're your thoughts on this guys (looking especially at you, new site owners)?


Speaking as myself, I'm not too keen on splitting the community between too many methods of communication, and Facebook is hard to search for old threads and its closed nature also prevents it from being as valuable of a community resource as the MLR forum does.

Besides, not everyone uses Facebook or is willing to run their entire communication amongst brony musicians over questionable services run by corporations with rather bad reputations (the alternative being Skype which I refuse to use as well). A forum is independent, and a forum requires neither a Facebook account nor a Skype account nor any Google account nor a Windows Live account nor any kind of account with Apple.

@Makkon: So you're just going to step down as an admin or leave this place altogether? If the latter is the case, that'd mean the loss of one more revered musical brony — and one more step for MLR towards the dreaded "magic kindergarten".
Old brony, older than old school.
Gear list, Jabber ID: see my profile.
No FL Studio, no VSTs. No Skype, no YouTube.

Sounds fly through the night, I follow Vın̈yl Scratch to Pony Wonderland.
User avatar
Pulse Wave
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 18 Jan 2014 14:26
Location: Home of wavetable synthesis and VST
OS: For music, you mean? Manjaro.
Primary: Hardware synths and samplers and sequencing and effects and mixing all the way
Cutie Mark: Green 33% width pulse wave

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby ExoBassTix » 19 May 2015 00:27

@Pulse Wave, why would you think joining a Facebook group would be mandatory?
Image
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
User avatar
ExoBassTix
 
Posts: 3576
Joined: 28 Mar 2013 13:01
Location: The Dutch white waters
OS: Windows 7 x64 / iPhone 6S iOS9.3.1
Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby AnimatronicPony » 06 Jun 2015 18:57

Nice to see this site under new management also I am so glad to see Commandspry and Aussie coming back hopefully that means there's more to look for.
User avatar
AnimatronicPony
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 13 Dec 2014 15:30
OS: Windows
Primary: GarageBand,FL Studio, MusicMakerJam
Cutie Mark: Trance

Previous

Return to Announcements



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron