Bullying?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Bullying?

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 22 Jun 2014 19:17

Since this site is mostly teens I think: I just want to make a comment on this.
"Bully" is ALSO, a label.
They are people to. This is hard to accept.
By the way... have you heard of 'Cyber bullying'? Are people really that sensitive these days. This seems to be half of bullying: It's all talk. I mean, if you're not being physically hurt: who really cares what total trash comes out of their mouth: or from their computer. They can call me any name, cuss me out, I'm over it.
But I have no Idea these days I'm 21. I heard of dang emo kids threatening suicide over some harmless words. There's never a good reason.

In my current job well... I don;t know I don't have no haters far as I can see. I think I'm cool with everyone. I don;t know though, and I'm not really looking for popularity at work I just want to eventually get a job that's well -more essential to society -provides a real skill. Most things in retail aren't exactly necessary for a surviving public. I want to do something more worth it, that helps more, and maybe is less systematic then the corporate environment I'm currently in. If you've ever worked at wally world or Mccy D's then you know what I'm sayin'. Managers just can't be real, and the ladder is too high up for any company to have.
I digress: I have faith it will get better. At least I gotta' job. Anyway... what's your stance on bullying? ...Is there a gay factor? I mean, I think the issue is being pressed with GBLT's a little much don't cha' think? Is this a gay agenda? "Bullying" is really a guise for gay acceptance eh? Or maybe that's just in my head whatever. Any stance on this whole thing?
Hyōka isn't real, and neither is that spoon from the matrix!
RCYouKnowMe

Primary: Audacity w/Musescore, VSTHOST, Ansine 2, DrumBurst, and real intruments: Yamaha YS-7, Guitar, Clarinet.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Bullying?

Postby Guthey » 23 Jun 2014 00:36

TL;DR, :lol: . JK

Bullying? Bullies? Bullies people? Obviously they are people, but here is my take. I feel no sympathy for them. Why should I? If he's going to purposely aggravate me and do whatever else bullies do, all for a laugh or because it is the way he expresses himself due to the lack of common sense and simple knowledge of how to treat another human being, then that is on him.His parents obviously play a role, or whoever watches over him, but nonetheless, I'm not going to feel bad for him because he doesn't know. "Oh, I'm going to torture this kid, call him names, mess with him, steal his stuff," etc," All for a big laugh and fun." I'm pretty sure middle school kids know more than they should, which means they have the idealistic sense that doing said things is against the basic human moral code. Hating someone who makes your life hell is not as bad as them making your life hell, not by a longshot.

Cyber bullying is bad, not easily solved, just as bad as regular bullying. Why? Well, say some kids are on FB, they snap a picture of you doing whatever, mess with it a little, then the next day you have kids laughing and you don't know why. And there is nothing you can do about it, physically, virtually maybe, if you are smart and know how to handle it, but what kid knows the ways of the internet at such a young age? It is just as senseless, just some kids trying to be cool, an absolute tragedy.

In order to understand this, you have to first understand that people are not the same as each other. Lets think of a hypothetical situation. A perfect example would be the mane 6. Say you put them in the middle school scenario. Say RD is the bully. She bullies Twilight, what she do? Probably the smart thing and tell superior. She Bully AJ, probably would fight back. She bully Pinkie, but pinkie too weird and she leave her alone. She Bully rarity, Rarity would just mock her low class and sense of, idk, fashion, and RD Leave her alone. She bully FS, well, there is the target. FS being herself, will just end up shutting herself in, not talking to anyone, starts talking to animals, Starts being the recluse we know her as(Taking into account, or assuming that the MLP world as we know it shifted more towards the human ideology and systematic way of life). Not everyone can just "deal with it," It is a complex subject that cannot just be dealt with. We have evolved in such a complex way, and out minds have been constructed to think a certain way. That we must eradicate anyone/anything that does not fit into Our own social stigma. As for the case of a bully, they are just another human being acting out on their own nature.

Gay? I don't even want to talk about that. So that's my stance.
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 23 Jun 2014 18:53

O.K. I mostly agree. No sympathy sure. But they have potential to be good right> We can help them too to be less of a jerk? Right?

And the evolution excuse isn't working for me. I can use that for anything. "Cancer is evolution gone wrong." :Your eyes are bad from evolution", "We're gay because of evolution", Here's how I see it: I could say I drink, and do drugs because I evolved to do that, and I could hang out with a druggie group, we could get a flag, have conventions, and fight for our 'right' to drink and do drugs under the guise of evolution, because we evolved, and just shrugged everyone off. That's what 'evolution' says to me.It is no excuse. But otherwise: Good points.
RCYouKnowMe

Primary: Audacity w/Musescore, VSTHOST, Ansine 2, DrumBurst, and real intruments: Yamaha YS-7, Guitar, Clarinet.

Postby Stuntddude » 23 Jun 2014 21:19

RCYouKnowMe wrote:Anyway... what's your stance on bullying? ...Is there a gay factor? I mean, I think the issue is being pressed with GBLT's a little much don't cha' think? Is this a gay agenda? "Bullying" is really a guise for gay acceptance eh? Or maybe that's just in my head whatever. Any stance on this whole thing?

I'm really not sure what you're saying here. Are you suggesting that there some "gay agenda" which is a source of bullying, or...?
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Guthey » 23 Jun 2014 22:14

RCYouKnowMe wrote:O.K. I mostly agree. No sympathy sure. But they have potential to be good right> We can help them too to be less of a jerk? Right?

And the evolution excuse isn't working for me. I can use that for anything. "Cancer is evolution gone wrong." :Your eyes are bad from evolution", "We're gay because of evolution", Here's how I see it: I could say I drink, and do drugs because I evolved to do that, and I could hang out with a druggie group, we could get a flag, have conventions, and fight for our 'right' to drink and do drugs under the guise of evolution, because we evolved, and just shrugged everyone off. That's what 'evolution' says to me.It is no excuse. But otherwise: Good points.

Yes, they have potential to be good, but I'm not going to give my time to someone who I hate and give me reason to hate.

I guess what I meant to say was that we did not evolve, but adapted. The example you are using is more of a "Follow the crowd" approach and is more of a radical idealistic philosophy and not even on the evolutionary scale, but I see what you mean.
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 24 Jun 2014 05:22

wow thx for the compliment I never thought of my philosophy to be radical/idealistic.
Stuntdude: Nah, I was just wondering what people thought of it because it seems every anti-bullying commercial is paired up with some kind of gay nonsense on there, and I just thought that was weird. It's nothing. Forgeddaboudit'.
RCYouKnowMe

Postby Stuntddude » 24 Jun 2014 05:39

RCYouKnowMe wrote:Nah, I was just wondering what people thought of it because it seems every anti-bullying commercial is paired up with some kind of gay nonsense on there

Well, because gay kids are arguably the most widely bullied single group of people.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
Stuntddude

Postby eery » 24 Jun 2014 07:18

Since this site is mostly teens I think: I just want to make a comment on this.

"Bully" is ALSO, a label.

So what?

They are people to. This is hard to accept.

So was hitler.

By the way... have you heard of 'Cyber bullying'? Are people really that sensitive these days. This seems to be half of bullying: It's all talk. I mean, if you're not being physically hurt: who really cares what total trash comes out of their mouth: or from their computer. They can call me any name, cuss me out, I'm over it.

It's a bit more complicated than simply being called names online. It's more like, you go to a school, you're on some sort of social network, and people at the school send you threats for instance. Like serious threats about the place you're at. Because its online, it stacks up easily, and you can visibly see it. It's weird how people treat cyberbullying like its no thing, but if it was over the phone, people would react.

Physical harm isn't even the worst part about bullying, its the insecurities that comes with it, not knowing what will happen, feeling like you'll never be loved or appericiated. Feeling like you'll never have a friend.

But I have no Idea these days I'm 21. I heard of dang emo kids threatening suicide over some harmless words. There's never a good reason.

I dont think you understand depression.

In my current job well... I don;t know I don't have no haters far as I can see. I think I'm cool with everyone. I don;t know though, and I'm not really looking for popularity at work I just want to eventually get a job that's well -more essential to society -provides a real skill. Most things in retail aren't exactly necessary for a surviving public. I want to do something more worth it, that helps more, and maybe is less systematic then the corporate environment I'm currently in. If you've ever worked at wally world or Mccy D's then you know what I'm sayin'. Managers just can't be real, and the ladder is too high up for any company to have.

How is this even relevant to the topic at hand? I realize bullying can happen in workplaces too, but why are your future aspirations related to this...?
I digress: I have faith it will get better. At least I gotta' job. Anyway... what's your stance on bullying? ...Is there a gay factor? I mean, I think the issue is being pressed with GBLT's a little much don't cha' think? Is this a gay agenda? "Bullying" is really a guise for gay acceptance eh? Or maybe that's just in my head whatever. Any stance on this whole thing?

What are you? Gay agenda? Guise for gay acceptanc...what, people do the opposite, people bully you FOR being gay, not the opposite.
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 24 Jun 2014 12:11

so what? Well nothing I'm just saying since I've seen a shift against labels around the issue I should point out that a bully is also a label, and people tend to forget that.

"So was hitler"
O.K. I get it. There goes the Hitler card: we know you must have some strong stances. But... still bullies are nothing compared to Hitler right?
If it was over the phone yeah, people would react. If some jerk called you over the phone and made threats to you... what would you do? The U.S. whitehouse gets threats....multiple ones of different value. They don't get depressed about it though, they send some guys to investigate. I think if we take their example, and the many good watch the few bad, then things would be better.

"I don't think you understand depression"
Never have. Once upon a time someone got sad. It's a big scam, I think people go in a rut too long these days, mourning has a place, but years later your still popping? well...I mean c'mon.

"How is this even relevant to the topic at hand? I realize bullying can happen in workplaces too, but why are your future aspirations related to this...?"
Everything kind of, In a way this is about hope, and aspirations, which is why bullying is an issue. I just wanted to share.

What am I? Straight, but I'm not harassing gays, I have friends that are gay, I can accept someones choices are not perfect, and still be their friend. People do the opposite? Yes they do, but it's still a little iffy. you know their goal is more for acceptance of the lifestyle, and they use bullying as a vehicle to achieve it. By they I mean the libs. Not against all libs...just sayin'.

Yes stuntdude, but in some places they are idolized for it. I don't think they should be bullied, or treated specially either.
RCYouKnowMe

Postby eery » 24 Jun 2014 12:37

Hitler was also a person. This doesnt mean anything. Bullies are also people. This doesn't mean anything.

You're not entitled to anything, and being a dickbag certainly doesn't help.
They both deserve punishment.

>US whitehouse
Why are you comparing this to an institution? People arent, they're a single person, while the bullies are usually plural.

I was making a point that the medium a threat is sent over doesn't matter. It still produces the same insecurity. Feeling helpless. It's psychological terror. Sort of a step up from random calls, and being called names.
But, apparently you don't understand what that even means?

>Someone got sad and It's a big scam
It's not like being sad at all. It's like feeling empty inside, like feeling there isn't anything in the world thats worth doing, and that itself just feels like a thing thats just there. You don't truly feel sad, because you can't be sad. You basically cant feel anything, and that experience feels pretty bad. You talk a lot about hope and aspirations. Depression also involves losing these. Like truly, it feels like nothing will change ever. Being able to feel sad would be preferable.

But hey, what do I know, its just a scam for sensitive silly teenagers in a phase, right? I mean there's so much to be gained from that!
eery
Global Moderator

Primary: Fruity tools 11
Cutie Mark: dank

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Jun 2014 15:07

RCYouKnowMe wrote:"I don't think you understand depression"
Never have. Once upon a time someone got sad. It's a big scam, I think people go in a rut too long these days, mourning has a place, but years later your still popping? well...I mean c'mon.

Yeah well, depression is a thing. People get treatment to get rid of depression. People kill themselves over depression. It's as real as the shit on your shoe. It won't go away by denying its existance or yelling at it to be gone.

eery wrote:Hitler was also a person. Bullies are also people. They both deserve punishment.

You got meanies, you got bullies, and you got psychos. Hitler's not a bully.
What makes you think that punishment means correction? 9/10 times it's just a temporary distraction. When these people get away from the punishment, they're the tough guys.
Psychological treatment can actually help bullies not be bullies. How, though, you shouldn't ask me as I'm not at all a pro at that area of knowledge.

I pity bullies, meanies and psychos all alike. They deserve to be better, both for themselves and for the world.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 24 Jun 2014 15:31

RCYouKnowMe wrote:I mean, if you're not being physically hurt: who really cares what total trash comes out of their mouth: or from their computer.

Tell that to all the "filthy niggers" and "disgusting faggots" in history and get back to me. Words have infinitely more power than force. Yes, people have been lynched and sent to the chair, which is force, but what lead to that force? Ideas. And spreading venomous ideas through bullying IS a problem. Even if you don't think it's a wider scale social sort of problem, we can look at the individual level:

RCYouKnowMe wrote:I heard of dang emo kids threatening suicide over some harmless words. There's never a good reason.

You're right in that there's never a good reason, but the words clearly aren't harmless if they are driving these people to take their own life. Shrugging it off as "oh, it's not a real problem" and thinking that people should "just get over it" is NOT the way to handle the topic of suicide. These people need love. They need to be shown that someone still cares about them and that there's still something for them in the world. People like you who shrug their problems off just because they're teenagers are not helping in the slightest. Not everyone can be as badass as you. (And I'd like to add that not everyone who commits suicide IS a teenager, so uh, there goes that argument for ya)

RCYouKnowMe wrote:Is there a gay factor? I mean, I think the issue is being pressed with GBLT's a little much don't cha' think? Is this a gay agenda? "Bullying" is really a guise for gay acceptance eh? Or maybe that's just in my head whatever. Any stance on this whole thing?

I'm astonished that in the year 2014 you can honestly believe in "the gay agenda". If you think that the issue is being pushed in an in-your-face way, you may have come across the crazy left-wingers (as a mostly liberal person, I recognize that both sides have these people), which is unfortunate. But you need to realize that those people are outliers in an otherwise nice community. But I'm getting away from the point. The fact that you can just group all bullying into "pushing the gay agenda" is honestly a little disgusting for multiple reasons. The first being that not all bullying happens because someone is gay. The second: so what? If people are being bullied for being gay then why SHOULDN'T it be brought to attention? Unless, of course, you don't like gay people, which is strikingly obvious through your post.

And this topic is either a troll topic or just plain awful, so I'll be locking it for now. If you have any amazing evidence that you are serious (god help us), PM me and maybe I'll open it back up for discussion.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 24 Jun 2014 19:26

Guthey convinced me to unlock. You have the right to your opinion, and I am sorry for obstructing that. I am not sorry for how I responded, and stand by what I'm saying.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Stuntddude » 24 Jun 2014 21:47

RCYouKnowMe wrote:Yes stuntdude, but in some places they are idolized for it.

Where?
Stuntddude

Postby ph00tbag » 24 Jun 2014 22:45

CaptainFluffatun wrote:Words have infinitely more power than force.

ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Postby Viricide Filly » 25 Jun 2014 07:26

RCYouKnowMe wrote:"I don't think you understand depression"

Do you really think Depression is just about being upset and sad for too long? Really? That's kind of ignorant, man. Have you read anything about depression? Depression is basically one half of the mood portions of Bipolar disorder, basically, and my mother has that. People have to be treated for Depression. People get medication for Depression.

Yes, people pretend to have depression to get attention but they literally don't know what depression even is.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby RCYouKnowMe » 25 Jun 2014 09:54

I sent this message to mr.captain fluff while this was locked, and I feel most of what I'm trying to say is just repeating it so here it is:
A response for you,
Sent: 24 Jun 2014 17:06
To: CaptainFluffatun

From your post I doubt you expected a response. The purpose Behind the thread was to get the conversation going, and raise some debate, and to speak my opinion. Ididn't insult anyone on the whole site, I didn't use profanity, and I think well I just struck a nerve with people. Delete the thread, delete me, but here's my response.

"Tell that to all the "filthy niggers" and "disgusting faggots" in history and get back to me. Words have infinitely more power than force. Yes, people have been lynched and sent to the chair, which is force, but what lead to that force? Ideas. And spreading venomous ideas through bullying IS a problem. Even if you don't think it's a wider scale social sort of problem, we can look at the individual level"

The issue with that I believe from what I was trying to say, was not the few people spouting racial slurs, and insults toward gays. The issue is the many who go with the flow. Mental independence, and going away from the crowd, -having tough skin: if everyone had this these words would have less meaning, The issue is the general public letting these words get under their skin. There will always be people like that who are ignorant, but I feel the right way to handle it is to enlighten them, bring them to god, bring them to intelligence. The bad guy? Or the lost soul? Think about it.

"You're right in that there's never a good reason, but the words clearly aren't harmless if they are driving these people to take their own life. Shrugging it off as "oh, it's not a real problem" and thinking that people should "just get over it" is NOT the way to handle the topic of suicide. These people need love. They need to be shown that someone still cares about them and that there's still something for them in the world. People like you who shrug their problems off just because they're teenagers are not helping in the slightest. Not everyone can be as badass as you. (And I'd like to add that not everyone who commits suicide IS a teenager, so uh, there goes that argument for ya)"

But I'm not their parents.It's not my place to be their dad. I agree every child deserves respect, every child deserves love. If it was my son or daughter, maybe relative yeah. But it's weird for a stranger to be oniichan and what not to a kid am I right? When you're in that position -like right now, I think these guys should know some defense.

"I'm astonished that in the year 2014 you can honestly believe in "the gay agenda". If you think that the issue is being pushed in an in-your-face way, you may have come across the crazy left-wingers (as a mostly liberal person, I recognize that both sides have these people), which is unfortunate. But you need to realize that those people are outliers in an otherwise nice community. But I'm getting away from the point. The fact that you can just group all bullying into "pushing the gay agenda" is honestly a little disgusting for multiple reasons. The first being that not all bullying happens because someone is gay. The second: so what? If people are being bullied for being gay then why SHOULDN'T it be brought to attention? Unless, of course, you don't like gay people, which is strikingly obvious through your post."

Oy, va, calm down rainman -it wasn't that serious. I'm pointing at the libs directly there. I had to put that because I myself am curious. I said previously that I think gays shouldn't be bullied, or idolized. They should be let be. I agree. I said I had gay friends is that not enough? I think your anger got the best of you, AND YOU DECIDED NOT TO READ THE ENTIRE POST BECAUSE I MADE YOU ANGRY, SO YOU DON"T KNOW THE CONTEXT. Yeah I put that in caps in case you were just scanning it lightly.

"And this topic is either a troll topic or just plain awful, so I'll be locking it for now. If you have any amazing evidence that you are serious (god help us), PM me and maybe I'll open it back up for discussion."

...You're funny. So am I I guess. :grin:

Stuntdude: Where? In my work, I guess that's just not common but if you say one thing against their lifestyle your going to get some counterarguments. Maybe my jobs just different. That's what it is: I'll admit it I was wrong on it. What I was trying to say is leberal media shouldn't pair gblt's into the issue of bullying to get people for gay rights. They are sperate issues. Gays are part of the victims yes: But they aren't all the victims. It's a focus on part of the victims within a larger scale of people including intellectuals, and alts' who don't like labels. It's not only gays.

Viricide: I didn't know about your mother. O.K. let's look at it in depth: From my knowledge depression -according to psychologists and whatnot, is a feeling of saddness constantly. From Commercials for depression they don't really mention the source. I'm sure there is a legitimate reason why your mom feels how she does. I'm not one to judge that. But I'm guessing it is because of an issue in life that can't be solved by any method, thus creating the mood of depression. Depression defined from others I've heard in college they say is a genetic imbalance of hormones...you know... from evolution and what not. I think a person will only stay depressed when the issue making them depressed is consistent. Again: Really sorry about your mother.I don't know the reason why she's sad, and didn't mean to offend her.

Eery: The reason I used the whitehouse as an example is because it was just the first thing that popped into my head, like hitler. I think of him alot. Just kidding. O.K. Seriously I was just using the example of what to do with these guys. Like I remember a quote "The issue is not the insane guys trying to do harm,it's the thousands of good people not doing anything." Or something along those lines, and that just led me to the whitehouse, and how they deal with constant criticism, and threats, and etc. etc. They still try their best...O.K. maybe not all the time but they definitely aren't threatening suicide over it, or being depressed about it, and those guys get tons of hate mail a day. I guess it was out of context though: You got me there.
RCYouKnowMe

Postby Viricide Filly » 25 Jun 2014 10:01

I mentioned my mum once to try and make a point and you make that the topic of your reply to me lol okay
Why was this thread unlocked
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Freewave » 25 Jun 2014 10:38

I'm sorry but this is an insensitive rambling mess RC. I don't mind civil and thoughtful discussions with legitimate points and with exchanging ideas between different people with different pov's but I don't think that's happening at all here. I'm relocking this accordingly because its causing more problems then its solving. Please consider being less provocative next time you open a thread on sensitive subject(s).
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Off-Topic Discussion