What does everypony do all day?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

What does everypony do all day?

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 06 Jul 2011 14:05

Maybe it's just me, but I noticed that most of the bronies start to log after 12PM. So I was just wondering:
who's got school (for what?)
Who's got work (What do you do?)
and Who's got too much free time? (Me! 8D)
In my case,
I am your stereotypical unemployed musician living at my folk's place. I am going to college for an undergraduate in music (on my way to USC hopefully) so thus far it's understandable...ish.
and you?
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Re: What does everypony do all day?

Postby Interrobang Pie » 06 Jul 2011 14:16

I am moving into upper Sixth Form, starting my A-Levels this September. I do Maths, Computing and Physics (also DT but that's a piece of shit and I'm dropping it).

I tend to clock in as soon as I get home (at latest 16:15) and clock out at about 23:00, or later on weekends. You might also catch me between 7:00 and 8:00 if I manage to get time before school. (All times are GMT by the way). I am unemployed and rarely go out, so these timings are usually reliable.

I hang about on #bronymusic IRC and AIM and Skype waiting for one of you lot to talk to me!!!
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 06 Jul 2011 18:09

I'm only here most of the day, because I'm in the Uni holidays and don't go back to 2nd semester till 1st August! Also, I live in Australia, so everything is backwards...

All I tend to do is write music in my spare time, or indulge in music theory, or study a score, or something along those lines...
I also work as a guitar teacher and at a pizza place! So they take up time in the evenings...
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Senator Myth » 06 Jul 2011 18:57

I don't have a job, because unfortunately that would cut into my financial aid next year for college. I'd like to have a job (and a car, for that matter) but those are luxuries I unfortunately can't afford.

So I fall into the "too much free time" category; basically I sit around all day and compose music (because it's really fun). When I'm not doing that, I'm probably refreshing Equestria Daily, lurking this site (I keep it open in a tab from like 8 AM till I go to sleep), or trying to read through Homestuck (so awesome... so long... please save me)

When I'm not on my laptop, I'm usually hanging out with my family, or babysitting my niece and nephew. One perk of being a brony: when a two-year old wants you to sit down and watch TV with her, you aren't inwardly groaning. Instead, you're just as excited as she is. It's pretty awesome that I, an 18-year-old, and she, just barely 2, can both enjoy this show.

I also spend an hour or so each day on the guitar or bass (sometimes significantly more, sometimes significantly less). So yeah, basically just enjoying my final summer of freedom before heading off to college in the fall. If I don't seem to be on as much, it's because I'm a lurker by nature. The fact that I'm as active on this site as I am is actually sort of surprising to me.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby RobotPony » 06 Jul 2011 19:06

I haven't posted here too much, but I'm sort of in the "too much free time" category. I'm in college, studying Creative Writing (I'm not too sure about it, though, so I might change my major) and business. Right now, I'm on summer break, looking to create music and get a job.
RobotPony

Postby Supersaw Hoover » 06 Jul 2011 19:49

I go to college at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for mathematics and, to a lesser extent, geophysics. In the summer I work at a day camp teaching origami.
Supersaw Hoover

Postby DerpyGrooves » 06 Jul 2011 19:59

I'm a business major who works as a janitor at an elementary school during the school year and works odd jobs and picks thrift stores for stuff to resell on craigslist/ebay during the summer. I'll be graduating in 2012, although I'm still at an impasse whether to attempt to get a job or just bite the bullet and get my MBA.

I dig jamming with some local musos, but I've been working a lot on my home studio lately.

I also spend most evenings w. friends at a local cafe called the Mate Factor.
"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Postby Whitetail » 06 Jul 2011 20:04

I'm transitioning between high school and university, so at the moment I don't do anything particularly special during the day
Whitetail

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 06 Jul 2011 22:06

Wow, I though I might be the only one w/ too much free time and all lol. Glad to hear and see you guys are doing some cool things, and wow Derpy hooves, I took you for an older dude lol.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
Projects lined up:
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Mosche Swaggenberger » 07 Jul 2011 00:31

I'm a part-time ticket agent at a local tourist trap. This fall I'm going to San Jose State University with a major in Animation & Illustration.

Mostly I just play video games though
Mosche Swaggenberger

Postby Artemus » 07 Jul 2011 00:39

When I'm not trying to put together a piece, I'm dinkin' around on the internet.

Especially forums. Like Escapist.

I'm the weirdo that sits on the Who's Online or Main screen and refreshes constantly to see if something related to me happened. I'm just that pompous and self-centered. :P
~"This piece, needs more Piano. Like two cubic tons of Piano, in a small pile just over there."~

Artemus

Postby ponyoxy » 07 Jul 2011 03:31

I'm also between high school and university, so I have much free time for the holidays.
Gentlecolts? It seems I am not the only brony here.
ponyoxy

Postby General Mumble » 07 Jul 2011 10:52

I study graphic design, and have done for the past two years. The course is so awful, though, that I just don't enjoy it any more and would much rather do something musical.

Job wise, I'm an IT technician. Trainee, IT technician. At a tiny local place. Which gets like, no business. I work 2 days a week.

...I actually just make coffee and vacuum :(

Rest of the week I loaf around, eBaying for ponies, playing vidya, and most of all, musicing.
Something, something, ponies.
Something, something, friendship.
General Mumble

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Poo

Postby NightColt » 07 Jul 2011 16:21

I'm a lifeguard and a swim teacher, so those take up most of my day in the summertime. Luckily, I've got some friends on the job as well, so we can hang out after work, at the very least. Trust me, lifeguarding alone is a pretty terrible job. It's just useful to have a little extra cash while I'm still in high school.

A good portion of my free time is spent either going out for a run or wasting my ass off in front of the computer, intending to do something creative but surfing the net instead. Then a bunch of pony-related projects started and took up more of my time.
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.

THAT IS ALL.
NightColt

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 07 Jul 2011 19:10

Ooh, lifeguard duty sounds like a biatch.
But yeah, I could use a job for some extra cash. And to shut my mom's fiance up about a 22 year old w/o a job.
Also, I've recently been picking up my Ukranian Cossack dancing and cyber club dancing so that also takes up some time. Just an FYI since ya'll have such cool things to say and mine was kinda lame ^^;
Projects lined up:
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Overkillius » 08 Jul 2011 01:25

I would have too much free time but it seems like I lurk this place and Equestria Daily for a few hours, and I go to an opera workshop.

A week from now I will definitely have too much time on my hands, and I'll be able to listen to that one Styx song and say to myself "HA! the main words in the song reflect my current situation, but all the other stuff makes no sense! :D"

I will likely be busy again when school starts.
I am starting out as a music major: going into composition.
Brohoofs anyone?
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby PinkiePieSwear » 08 Jul 2011 03:31

I fold clothes at Target!

Alllllll daaaaaay.....

SOMEPONY HELP ME!!!
PinkiePieSwear

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 08 Jul 2011 03:35

Overkillius wrote:I am starting out as a music major: going into composition.
Brohoofs anyone?

Brohoofs! I do a composition major and I believe Penguindf12 does too!

PinkiePieSwear wrote:I fold clothes at Target!

Alllllll daaaaaay.....

SOMEPONY HELP ME!!!

I bet you have many clothes folding stories to share though! :P
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 08 Jul 2011 06:17

Wow! I hated folding shirts while at my job at Hot Topic! I feel bad for you PPS
Projects lined up:
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Whitetail » 08 Jul 2011 09:31

PinkiePieSwear wrote:I fold clothes at Target!

Alllllll daaaaaay.....

SOMEPONY HELP ME!!!

1 word:

Origami!
Whitetail

Postby Makkon » 09 Jul 2011 23:13

Animation FTW!

I have this summer off, but I'm majoring in Animation and Game Design, and I WANT to minor in audio engineering/music. I currently work as a technical phone agent at a security company called Vivint (seen our orange and white billboards?) I enjoy my job and the people I work with, when I get home I get on the computer immediately and check this site, and I scheme with NC and PinkiePieSwear about what we should do next.

I just got off of a short vacation traversing class 4 rapids in a national monument in Colorado somewhere (I can't for the LIFE of me remember it's name). We've been getting so much water in the west that the water levels have been dangerously high! I'm alive, but I can't say I wasn't hurt! XD
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby zorg » 14 Jul 2011 11:36

Will start second year in uni, studying to be a programmer.
This summer is free time for me, but i still have a week of vacation waiting (it coincides with the remix war's first week)

My plan is that while i'm studying, i won't touch work with a meter long pole, that'd mean even less time to do things i want to than now.
^feel free to disregard | genres... what are those? | :3
[collabgeddon] - too much time passed for this
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Primary: ILyEAN (v0.0.0.0) [Designing Phase]
Cutie Mark: Usually Invisible

Postby catmilly » 14 Jul 2011 22:48

Some interesting jobs/fields of study in this thread. I kinda wish that I were a lifeguard and an origami master. Or that I folded clothes at Target. Way more opportunities to hit on the ladies ;) ;) ;)

I'm a full time editing slave for a wedding video company, which might be predictable due to my obvious affinity for terrible Final Cut filter abuse. In school for broadcast journalism. I see dead bodies every fucking day. I'm not even joking.

It's my dream to someday compile a "The Best of Other People's Weddings" series from all of the bizarre and ridiculous outtake footage I get on the job, but I fear I could not ethically share these secret gems with the world so probably it will all go with me to the grave :'<
catmilly

Postby Circuitfry » 14 Jul 2011 23:43

catmilly wrote:I'm a full time editing slave for a wedding video company, which might be predictable due to my obvious affinity for terrible Final Cut filter abuse.
But that's what makes you special! If you had a cutie mark I probably wouldn't be able to see it. TEASING IS MAGIC hee hee

I'm a Computer Engineering student that attends his university out-of-state. I come back home during the summer and make... uh... stuff. I really shouldn't be spending so much time on music, really. In fact, after this summer, you probably won't hear from me for a while (don't count on that being true, though, I won't make a promise on that) due to job hunting and trudging through another year. I'm playing catch-up because I was a weakling and took few classes. Getting Dean's List was pretty cool, though. I say win the awards early while they're easy and pick up your pace when you finally get serious (Dean's List = not an idiot about school, serious = serious about life and school, I dunno, bleh).
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby Aussie » 14 Jul 2011 23:51

My life is boring, but okay, uh...

I pretty much produce all day everyday. I have very few IRL friends, and no job since I'm too young, so I have plenty of time to myself. And when I'm not producing, I'm talking on skype. Or lurking Ponychan, or this place.

Hey, like I said, my life is boring. :D
Aussie

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion