Alias name new

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Alias name new

Postby AyaneFukumi » 15 Mar 2014 12:10

So I'm thinking of starting over with one alias. I feel comfortable doing so. The names I have now are:

e-core
SpeedBr8
B3ms
FreeCore

I need to figure out how everyone got thietr names so I could figure our how I could get mine
https://soundcloud.com/ayane-fukumi/santisima-virgen-maria-hardtek-for-dummies-ayane-fukumis-sick-as-balls-remix

Hey doctor I think I might be a homosexual
How can you tell?
RRAAIINBOOWS

Suiseiseki is best desu
AyaneFukumi

Primary: FL 10/11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Alias name new

Postby Guthey » 16 Mar 2014 01:33

I think you might be in the wrong category, this is for music feedback and not for helping an artist pick a name. However, I will tell you how I made up my name. My name "Guthey" is pretty much my nick-name that my family gives me, had it as far back as I can remember. Another way to make an alias is by trying to pick a character trait about you and then finding one word, or a compound word that could possibly define you. Like my alias for ambient music is "Wayside." The reason for the name is that I like to make creepy, chilly, psybient, or dark ambiance and the name "Wayside," I feel, accurately describes the feeling some get when they listen to dark or creepy music, I feel the name displays a creepy road or town, or place that no one wants to go near. Henceforth, I have made it my ambiance alias.
So it's pretty much how you want people to see you as, think of you as, or feel like they can imagine what kind of person you are. So Basically a name that you feel is cool and can describe some feature or trait about you, whether it be unknown to everybody or is completely random and you just thought it sounds cool.

Hope this helps! :)
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Postby AyaneFukumi » 16 Mar 2014 09:53

Guthey wrote:I think you might be in the wrong category, this is for music feedback and not for helping an artist pick a name. However, I will tell you how I made up my name. My name "Guthey" is pretty much my nick-name that my family gives me, had it as far back as I can remember. Another way to make an alias is by trying to pick a character trait about you and then finding one word, or a compound word that could possibly define you. Like my alias for ambient music is "Wayside." The reason for the name is that I like to make creepy, chilly, psybient, or dark ambiance and the name "Wayside," I feel, accurately describes the feeling some get when they listen to dark or creepy music, I feel the name displays a creepy road or town, or place that no one wants to go near. Henceforth, I have made it my ambiance alias.
So it's pretty much how you want people to see you as, think of you as, or feel like they can imagine what kind of person you are. So Basically a name that you feel is cool and can describe some feature or trait about you, whether it be unknown to everybody or is completely random and you just thought it sounds cool.

Hope this helps! :)

Mhm ^^ its always cool hearing how people came up with their names
https://soundcloud.com/ayane-fukumi/santisima-virgen-maria-hardtek-for-dummies-ayane-fukumis-sick-as-balls-remix

How can you tell?
RRAAIINBOOWS

Suiseiseki is best desu
AyaneFukumi

Postby itroitnyah » 16 Mar 2014 15:16

I think using an alias named after a song style or genre is ridiculous. And then using an alias that also suggests that your music is superior to others or amazing (e.g. Beat Master, Bass Machine) is also really ridiculous. Why do you want to change your alias anyways?
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Guthey » 16 Mar 2014 18:27

itroitnyah wrote:I think using an alias named after a song style or genre is ridiculous. And then using an alias that also suggests that your music is superior to others or amazing (e.g. Beat Master, Bass Machine) is also really ridiculous. Why do you want to change your alias anyways?

He basically wants to start fresh, a new beginning. As for the underlying reason as to why I don't really know.
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Postby ExoBassTix » 17 Mar 2014 02:51

I can at least help with telling how I go at making aliases.
I have three: Xalpheon (for my calm, deep and meditative music), Warmonger O (for my hard, noisy and aggressive music), and ExoBassTix (for my energetic dancey music).

ExoBassTix just happened when I finished my first track Midnight Pursuit. I knew from then that I wanted to be different, yet have something a little in common with others. So I combined exotic and bass and got ExoBassTix. The logo happened straight afterwards; it's a geometric doodle I'd loved making for the last 5 years or so.

Warmonger O came next. I had more doodles, and I knew that one of em would be good for my hard alias. It had to have a W and a O. So I found the word warmonger in a EN-NL dictionary and was pretty satisfied with its meaning.

Xalpheon came next. I needed a third alias for Ambient-and-similars music, and I wanted it to be very much different. At the time I created Xalpheon, I was busy a lot with making weird unexisting words that sound cool. Xalpheon was one of them, and I thought it'd fit perfectly.

I also created Aeth, the Ambient/Experimental alias of PropellerEscape. He talked about wanting his music on that side to empower his listeners, like it's causing a mystical earthly energy to seep in their bodies through their connection with the earth. I came with Aethelorah (which, now that I think of it, could mean "channeler of Aeth energy" heyhey), eventually he cut it off till Aeth remained. To be the energy himself. I kinda agree.

So yeah. I make pretty unique aliases. If you want me to help you out btw, just send a PM or Skype IM or something; I'd be glad to help.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Injustrial » 18 Mar 2014 15:11

Injustrial, because puns are fun. Other ideas included Blastfist, PanzerTanzer and MechroNancy

Play around with what you want to express to your listeners. Make your name fit what you're going for. Think about your intended genre and direction and find words that are related to them. Then start mixing stuff up, find some proper nouns and throw names at the wall, see what sticks :)
Injustrial

Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby ExoBassTix » 19 Mar 2014 06:40

Even better yet, think of your alias as a complete mindset, a personality. Imagine its traits, its ideas, its likes and dislikes, and especially what that personality wants to tell the world. With that in mind, it's a whole lot easier to make a name.

So since you asked me to help, can you tell me (or us lol) what your alias' general message would be? What would you have it tell your listeners?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby AyaneFukumi » 20 Mar 2014 18:13

Well its going to be breakcore, speedcore, mashcore, lolicore, ect :3

How can you tell?
RRAAIINBOOWS

Suiseiseki is best desu
AyaneFukumi

Postby itroitnyah » 20 Mar 2014 21:54

I'd really advise you not to name your new alias after a genre, really :X
itroitnyah

Postby AyaneFukumi » 21 Mar 2014 00:09

itroitnyah wrote:I'd really advise you not to name your new alias after a genre, really :X

I'm not naming it after the genre but the idea of the genre
like the quick brown fox or m1dy for speedcore
venetian snares and cardopusher for breakcore
annoying ringtone for mashcore

ect

like that

How can you tell?
RRAAIINBOOWS

Suiseiseki is best desu
AyaneFukumi

Postby GunInYrFaic » 02 Jun 2014 09:52

Whatever happened to CHEKM8?
My name is Chase.

https://soundcloud.com/chasedotwav <- My Soundcloud.
GunInYrFaic

Primary: FL Studio 10

Postby Stuntddude » 03 Jun 2014 06:19

I've been meaning to come up with a new name that's better than "Stuntddude" (literally a 6 year old me came up with that), but I can never actually think of any name I'd be happy going by. So that's my struggle.

But I'd have to agree with itroitnyah - it's a bad idea to name an alias after a genre or even the common traits of the genre, unless you plan on making a new alias for every genre of music you make, which is also a bad idea, so really it's just a bad idea pretty much no matter what.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby itroitnyah » 03 Jun 2014 14:42

This thread is also like 3 months old, lol. I suppose we could get a lock on it, then?
itroitnyah

Return to Off-Topic Discussion