hello

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

hello

Postby DylanL » 25 Nov 2011 00:07

hi i just wanted to say I'm new so I'm just wondering for one how does the site work? and second can i ask anything musically wise for tips? thank you.
DylanL

Re: hello

Postby Rainbowdutch » 25 Nov 2011 05:13

Welcome dylan!!
On how the site works I have to say
It is a maze but you will get used to it
You can ask questions in the technique section or by asking people personally
There is some other stuff relared to mlr like toastbeard and the Skype chats but I suggest you start by figuring out the labirinth that is mlr
Rainbowdutch

Postby bartekko » 25 Nov 2011 08:49

This site is one of those sites you only log in, then click "view unread posts" and after 10 mins, you already know everything that has been discussed since your last visit.

As RDutch said, it's a maze. Ask about anything, but try to tell us enough we can actually help:

Right: Hi there, I wanted to ask if anyone would like to help me with vocals for this song: <link to song>
I have already written some lyrics for it <link> and made a quick sketch on how it should be sung <midi/recorded you singing the WorkInProgress link> . Any tips? Any vocalists willing to help?

Wrong: hai i need vocals it's a song about spike and I have lyrics so help Anyone?

In the first example, we have got a lot of information about the song, so we can actually try to do it ourselves, or give some tips on singing, depending on where the discussion goes.

The second example, however looks like it was made in 10 seconds , and seems like we are not taken seriously at all, not to mention that only thing we know about what the song is,is that it's about spike.

Also, Welcome and here's the introduction thread viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby DylanL » 25 Nov 2011 11:56

well as rainbow dutch was saying i do know about some of the skype chat I'm in the newcomers/pro people and thanks for your guys help!
DylanL

Return to Off-Topic Discussion