Favorite Live Recordings?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Favorite Live Recordings?

Postby GhostXb » 02 Oct 2013 17:11

I find music being recorded live is really fun and exciting to watch and listen to, so this thread is for sharing your favorites. Here are some of mine. I also like drooling over the fancy recording equipment and instruments. :geek:

Elbow - Lippy Kids
Spoiler video:

That smooth bass tone, Guy's voice, and that venue are all just brilliant!

Goat Rodeo Sessions - Attaboy
Spoiler video:

When the song starts with that mandolin solo, it gets me every time.

Kimbra - Plain Gold Ring
Spoiler video:

Seeing Kimbra's animated performance is just so awesome!
Last edited by GhostXb on 03 Oct 2013 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
GhostXb

Re: Favorite Live Recordings?

Postby Freewave » 02 Oct 2013 17:28

I will have to add to this when i get home as I was a bootleg (dvd and cd) collector for about 3 intense years. Please feel free to use embeds as that's what they are for (you can use spoiler:video if you want to cut on loading times and make them on demand)
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Callenby » 02 Oct 2013 18:42

Some of my favorite recordings in three flavors.

Spoiler Peace Train:

Watch/listen how into he gets. It's wonderful.

Spoiler Barbara Dennerlein and Rhoda Scott:

I just have an inexplicable love for Hammond organs.

Spoiler Kol Nidrei:

Heart-wrenching gorgeous piece featuring an amazing cello solo equals good times for all.
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Tumblr / YouTube / Soundcloud
Callenby

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Double bass clef heart

Postby topitmunkeydog » 02 Oct 2013 22:16

All of Sigur Ros' live album Hvarf Heim is super duper!!
Probably my fav though is Yeasayers performance of tightrope on some radio station. It's mostly acoustic and it's just better in general than the version on Dark Was The Night
Also Michael Angelakos from Passion Pit is an amaaaaazing performer, I especially love his acoustic cover of Carry On by Fun.
Finally this is one my sister showed me, of the Sleeping With Sirens covering a song by The Goo Goo Dolls (I think it is called Iris?) but whenever my dad hears it he thinks it is a girl singing ahaha
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby ExoBassTix » 03 Oct 2013 01:46

There's this one James Taylor live registration that I have on DVD, don't remember the name.
We sometimes put that on for a nostalgic, warm night. Always very late because that's cool haha.

Though if you'd ask me about something I really like, like my most favorite ever, It would have to be O.B.I. and Viper XXL playing live @Apokalyptika Florida 135, Fraga 22-09-2012:
Spoiler video embed:
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby S.P.P » 03 Oct 2013 04:52

Metallica - S&M is pretty freaking awesome. I like Enter Shikari's A Flash Flood of Colour @ Hammersmith , London too.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby ExoBassTix » 03 Oct 2013 04:54

Oh god yes, Symphonica&Metallica is awesome.

The Big 4 at Sofia was cool too (except for Megadeth D: ). I had seen it live, was so good. Especially the ending when everyone was playing together with the drums. And then that mf awesome Am I Evil <3

EDIT - I really gotta find a live registration of Sandy Warez's debut performance, if I remember correctly he played 10 hours non-stop.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby GhostXb » 03 Oct 2013 16:09

Freewave wrote:I will have to add to this when i get home as I was a bootleg (dvd and cd) collector for about 3 intense years. Please feel free to use embeds as that's what they are for (you can use spoiler:video if you want to cut on loading times and make them on demand)

That's a good tip, I edited my post.

Callenby wrote:Some of my favorite recordings in three flavors.

Spoiler Peace Train:

Watch/listen how into he gets. It's wonderful.

Thought that was a Cat Stevens cover until I looked up Yusuf Islam and realized it was the same guy :eek:

ExoBassTix wrote:Though if you'd ask me about something I really like, like my most favorite ever, It would have to be O.B.I. and Viper XXL playing live @Apokalyptika Florida 135, Fraga 22-09-2012:
Spoiler video embed:

I find it kinda funny at 6 minutes in and someone through water at him and he gets kinda pissed. Reminds of this video I saw of someone throwing a water bottle at Skrillex during a live show. Also I love how into it he gets with his quirky dance moves.

Here's a couple more good ones I should mention.

Pogo - Wishery Live Mix
Spoiler video:

Caravan Palace - Rock It For Me
Spoiler video:

Dem whimsical dance moves XD
GhostXb

Postby topitmunkeydog » 05 Oct 2013 07:47

I wow I absolutely LOOOVE caravan Palace and I really want to see a show of theirs because it's all 1920s cabaret adorableness combined with like a rave or whatever and they have the upright bass and everything and aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Gypsy jazz in general is just so good live. I was in Avignon this summer for the theatre festival and there were tons of swing bands just playing stuff in the street and people were dancing around and it was really fun :)
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Return to Off-Topic Discussion