Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Dish Cushion Thread

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 May 2016 17:10

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10437&p=169346#p169346

Two new art edits. Well. The first one is new, the second one is old.
Been quite paranoid as of recently.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 May 2016 08:53

ExoBassTix wrote:The most satisfying thought about Celestia and Luna, to me, is the comparison with chess. White always starts.

And in a way, that's a perfectly fine representation. It's in no way supposed to be coloring, as, after all, black and white aren't colors. And, in a way, you can take solace in the fact that most people say "black and white" instead of "white and black", if you feel so inclined. Of course I only say this because I've been there.

Black lives matter.
(But so does everyone else.)
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby oldloserwinning » 09 May 2016 22:26

Last edited by oldloserwinning on 11 Oct 2017 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
X
oldloserwinning

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 10 May 2016 16:47

oldloserwinning wrote:Well let me just jump right in here: The reason white went first in chess is because it was about race. In the original game, it didn't matter. And to say black and white have no racial meaning is redundant because if they didn't you wouldn't need to deny it, you wouldn't even need to mention that they don't. This is a subconscious response to a preconceived preset environment that was instilled through other means. But what this haves-to do with the show is irrelevant: Celestia and Luna are actually ying and yang, as the "mane-6" are the literal elements of harmony from Chinese medicine. Each character representing one of the five elements and the purple one being the interweaving of them all i.e. "magic". The cultural revolution was rightly represented in the latest season: as the first was the beginnings of china with purple acting as emperor chin or "Qin" creating china, and it's following seasons being interactions between them.
Trolololololol

Not sure who said black and white has no racial meaning.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 10 May 2016 16:49

Living in the city makes me mad. Especially the college town I live in.
My parked car was hit and nobody left any sort of contact on my car. So, now I have a damaged car. And some stupid college kid probably feels real great about themselves right now for "dodging a bullet".
I'm going to leave a passive aggressive note on my car in case that guy sees it again.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby oldloserwinning » 11 May 2016 20:49

Last edited by oldloserwinning on 11 Oct 2017 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
X
oldloserwinning

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 13 May 2016 14:06

oldloserwinning wrote:I'm a failed troll...
good luck with college,
I saw someone poll dancing at d.u. denver in public...so yeah college has gone insane,
good luck, pay for pain, get paid back in gain...or whatever...basically college is pain... but the good kind...

That's interesting to see in public. What's nice about that is you can look away and not pay attention.
What you can't avoid on campus are the social justice warriors. Even if you try to walk by and ignore them, they follow you and find ways to make fun of you.

Right now is not a great time to be a white sis male on campuses.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby oldloserwinning » 13 May 2016 21:44

Last edited by oldloserwinning on 11 Oct 2017 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
X
oldloserwinning

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 14 May 2016 09:18

I made a soundcloud where all I do is upload an audio file of a text to speech saying offensive or stupid things. And I get more followers and plays on a daily basis for that than I do for music.
edit: in less than 20 hours, I have 25 followers on the new channel. Which, is a lot of gain for me.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby oldloserwinning » 14 May 2016 21:17

Last edited by oldloserwinning on 11 Oct 2017 13:06, edited 1 time in total.
X
oldloserwinning

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 16 May 2016 10:43

Today I found a printer where the toner costs more than the printer by almost 300%
Bronies Are Cool

Postby JSynth » 29 May 2016 00:01

Wow, this thread has slowed down. You guys need something fun to talk about. That or #bringbackthespamthread.

Edit: I just saw a thread where I had made a post three years ago. Gosh, was it really that long ago that I was just starting out in pone music?

Weird.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Acsii » 29 May 2016 03:15

I think it's almost for the better that this thread has slowed down, but it also shows that a lot of us are moving on from this website
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 May 2016 11:50

I try to check by now and then. For the sake of nostalgia... Or not letting go of what used to be fine.

One day I'll completely move on. Probably. I try not to think about it.

But yeah, I try not to read any post of mine older than two years xD granted, I still do, but I'd rather not. I mean, the most important parts connected to them were always super cool and all, but damn I got a knack for awkwardness :O
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby LFP » 31 May 2016 18:19

all these new kids and their "moving on"
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby DJ TATCM » 01 Jun 2016 23:54

funny how i just thought about visiting at a time when everyone's talking about moving on

but really this site meant so much to me for the time that i was on it, and i will forever be grateful especially to that one feedback thread which taught me so much about making music and becoming a better artist~

i post music under my real name now on soundcloud (and the remix in my signature pls vote thanks) but i sorta came here to ask about what to do with older music, especially in the wake of the "DELETE SGAP" thing. i've thought about making my older music and work private to strive for a less cluttered and more professional look but at the same time i feel like that's censoring so much of what shaped me to my current point despite it being largely trash. thoughts? also thoughts on the sogreatandpowerful delete if you feel like it~
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby ExoBassTix » 02 Jun 2016 17:09

Well, my "old music" is spread over my three old Soundcloud pages. I'll still use them in some way, but that way, my true 'professional' new channel isn't cluttered. It still links to the old channels though. At least, that's what I do.

And MLR has meant a lot for me too. It was a place where I could be me, where I was free to make the errors that came with inexperience, learning together with friends who have their own unique way at it, and offering my own view on things where I saw fit. It was exactly what I've needed, and the friendships I've created in my stay here have brought me so much happiness, and I don't see that ending anytime soon.

Which, I think, is more than enough for me :)
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 04 Jun 2016 01:43

DJ TATCM wrote:funny how i just thought about visiting at a time when everyone's talking about moving on

but really this site meant so much to me for the time that i was on it, and i will forever be grateful especially to that one feedback thread which taught me so much about making music and becoming a better artist~

i post music under my real name now on soundcloud (and the remix in my signature pls vote thanks) but i sorta came here to ask about what to do with older music, especially in the wake of the "DELETE SGAP" thing. i've thought about making my older music and work private to strive for a less cluttered and more professional look but at the same time i feel like that's censoring so much of what shaped me to my current point despite it being largely trash. thoughts? also thoughts on the sogreatandpowerful delete if you feel like it~

I don't think it's really talk of moving on more that the site is no longer such a big part of our lives as it was 3 years ago.
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Jun 2016 16:27

I think if the activity on this site didn't slow down so much, maybe we would have been more active on here? Idk that probably sounds really dumb.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 09 Jun 2016 07:19

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I think if the activity on this site didn't slow down so much, maybe we would have been more active on here? Idk that probably sounds really dumb.

correlation definitely there
Acsii

Postby LFP » 17 Jun 2016 12:36

So what's happening for everyone else in their lives?
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Acsii » 18 Jun 2016 19:54

LFP wrote:So what's happening for everyone else in their lives?

Not much really, just living life, playing guitar, working, sacrificing first borns, getting a tattoo, getting high, you know the usual
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 19 Jun 2016 15:03

well. I might take this opportunity to talk about the development of my life as of late. Nothing is particularly interesting, but why not?

Also, yea. I'm going to be talking about religion a bit. I don't normally mention it, it's not going to be mentioned for the sake of discussion, it's just a part of the story. If you don't like it, sorry I guess.
But that's life, you'll always find someone who wants to talk about religion.
I am not going to rub it in your face, I am not claiming to be a better person than anyone. I just want to reiterate that I am talking about it because it is part of what I have to say.

I just came back from being a cabin leader from a Bible Camp for a week, and boy it was tiring.
My mother went there too, but more on that later.
I was the leader of a cabin of 5 high school young men who had come to the camp. They were not trouble makers per say, but they certainly liked messing around. 1 of them was a bit more on the socially awkward side than the rest, and wasn't really in their "in-group" so he mostly just kind of did his own thing and hung out with people from other cabins, staff, etc.
The church that I came with brought nearly 70 people to the camp, which was about 30-40ish percent of the entire camp. Of that, about 30 of my church was guys. All of them are high school aged.High school camp.
Some of the people who came have some pretty messed up backgrounds. Abusive parents, gang history, cutting, drug use, sexual abuse, etc. And there were also people who had some seemingly normal and not so messed up lives. But even they had their own problems and insecurities.
I wasn't able to get every person in my cabin to have a 1-on-1 chat with me, but of the people I was able to chat with, I was able to get them to open up and tell me about their lives at home.
One kid has a mother and father who both work full time. They come home tired and are generally just not emotionally ready to tackle the stress of both a job and taking care of their family. The father is quick to anger, and the mother is too. The mother likes to embarrass the kid to everyone she knows whenever he gets into trouble. Telling friends, family, etc. An example: The kid got in trouble at school. About a week later the kid meets some extended family for the first time and his mom has him tell them all what he did to get in trouble at school to shame him. And now, those family members who barely know him don't have a great first impression of him.

There is another kid who just hangs out with the wrong crowd and is afraid to live his life the way he really wants to live it because all his friends don't act that way. He worries about what other people think of him. He is really invested in sports and doesn't have the time to focus on what he really wants to focus on.

I hope I was able to talk them through their problems a bit. But at the same time, having been in their positions (high school camper, young, etc), I know that I always fell back in the line of having the same problems and not really getting them resolved. I know that they seed was planted in their heads of ways to improve their situations. I saw the gears going in their heads, but once they go back to real life and get rid of the "camp high" of being away from all the problems for a week, they are very likely just to go back to how they were. It will take a few years for them to really mature and take a hold of what we were saying.

I was able to get some things out of the camp experience this year too, even as a leader.
I realized just how much time I spend on social media and messing around rather than actually doing what I really want myself.
I practically let go of making music lately. I want to get back to it, being productive and gain the knowledge that I should have gained if I had continued working on music.
I have plans to release the works I have held back as a small album for free. Then I want to work on a new project. I will be covering Christian music and will try working with people around me for singing.

I have my website that I want to start writing blogs in. I want to have a "real-talk" section for my thoughts and what I am going through. I'll have a section for music, and a section for game reviews and discussion.

I moved out almost a year ago, and I think I am generally a happier person because of that.
I think moving out has really changed me as a person.
I used to enjoy things like MLP while living with my parents maybe as a crutch or an escape from reality almost. I wasn't really happy while at home. I had a hard time with my parents which is what I really didn't like.
But now that I am away, and the biggest stress source of my early life is gone, I no longer need the crutch. I have abandoned my liking for MLP, and maybe that might be a reason for why I have not been making music as much either. I used music as an escape too.
But, I am enjoying life and just hanging out with people and really have a level head and good straight forward thinking on life and my emotions. For the most part.
It took me a long time to get over the feelings of anger, and frustration towards my parents. I was very bitter for many months after leaving. I would think about comebacks and retorts to arguments and wrong doings to me that had long past. I would just get riled up about my own thinking and that was really unhealthy.
Time really helped me get over it. It's all in the past now, and it's all a problems from the past that I have now gotten over.
So, the relationship with my parents now is a bit different than when I left. It's still not perfect, but its considerably better. My dad and I are cool. My mom still does things occasionally or says things that annoys me, but I don't even sweat it.

So, back to the point I made about my mother being at camp.
While at camp, I was wearing a pair of blue jeans. Because I had lost a bit of weight in the last couple months, the jeans were not quite as snug on me as they used to be. So, they kind of were loose enough that I would pull them up every once in a while. Not sagging enough that I looked like a hood-gangster trashy dude. It was enough to show the top of my underwear every once in a while if my shirt was lifted up. Really like not an issue that I would worry about it in any context. Well, except for being at a Bible Camp. So, I changed into a pair of shorts that fit me better after I realized that I probably should have been wearing a belt. Later in the day, my mom had decided to scold me about the pants saying its offensive and not right. (I wonder if she put the gears together that I had already switched into shorts after seeing the potential for an issue.)
I mean, she was right. Don't get me wrong, she was.
But, the way she delivers her message is just wrong.
Instead of chatting with me like the adult I am, she thinks the needs to shame me.
I let it slide, didn't say anything against her.

If she disagrees with me or something that I do, or plan to do, that's just kind of how she addresses it.
idk, enough about that. it really doesn't matter. She lives her life the way she wants.

I do feel compelled to have a meeting with my boss really soon.
I talked to him 4 years ago because I didn't like the way that I saw him living his life. He was almost like 2 people, presented one guy her and another guy there. I told him back then I was disappointed in him and wanted to see him change. I want to follow up on that. I want to tell him how much he has changed, and how much better I think he is today compared to him from the past. (Also, I didn't lose my job 4 years ago. He took that chat as an eye opening experience, and that really helped to motivate him to change.)
I am kind of proud of him. He isn't perfect now, but he is doing better.

I might be moving to another state for work. I might be running an operation for about a year in the desert. It will be exciting and interesting work, but hopefully it will be a good experience. I want to save up some money from working and buy a house. I am currently renting and I am practically throwing away money. One day though, I'll buy a house and rent out the other rooms to help may the mortgage. But, thats in the future, and I am excited about it.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 21 Jun 2016 06:57

Ah yes, let me just mention that FINALLY I have been accepted to the School of the Arts in Utrecht!! I wanna explain shit but I swear to everything that I consider holy, if there's one thing that is absolutely impossible to translate from Dutch to English (which I need for this stuff don't look at me like that), it's educational terms. So bear with me.

Like, I've been at that college for a year now doing a starter pre-course, if that makes sense? It's to give you an idea of what it's about as well as learn a lot so you'll actually be able to pass the entrance exam better. Which I didn't last year, except they did accept me for this 'starter pre-course'. It was part-time and stuff.

ANYWAYS. I f i n a l l y have been accepted. All my other classmates heard it two months ago, but I had to wait because I'm special. Basically, I'm too young (17, not 18+) plus I don't meet the required level of education (I never finished secondary school). So "external experts" had to review my case as part of the "exceptional talent regulation" that I fall under. Long story short, they finally gave the green light as well and finally I have received the letter in my mailbox saying I'm through. Along with a still-quite-confusing set of numbers from 1-5 on subjects that the admission commission (again, translating issues, couldn't think of a better fit) marked me for passing based on the average of all the others doing the entrance exam thing. A bit stupid, but regardless, I scored high so cool beans.

I also still love how I scored the highest out of the 'starter pre-course' peeps at the actual test. So I scored "way above average" on that yay

So that's the basic enthusiasm settled. One small thing about it to round that off, with this came my first admittance of pride towards myself, which is a huge step forward. I normally don't celebrate or even stand still for the pride I might have towards my accomplishments, what with there being other stuff left to do I guess. But I'm making steps forward :D

Besides that jazz, music is going great. Great plans for the future, regarding music releases. Not much to say besides that holy hell I really am proud of myself with how much I've grown in the music department. Mixing stuff is going better than ever, my ears have really gotten more pointed for fine details and such. Also, on an interesting side-note to that, I've been granted the currently-very-rare oppurtunity to witness the Kii Audio THREE speaker, which you can read about at the link. I cannot stress how important that was. If you ever happen to get near a set of those, I absolutely very highly recommend you take a listen. If you understand acoustics a little, aforementioned link will probably make you happy. Regardless, I'd love to talk with you about my experience but I don't want to make this post -too- long xD just PM me or request that I spam about it anyways because holy hell I could probably write a mini-book about those things. Honestly, no speaker ever made compares to this. I wonder why this hasn't been done before actually.

'Side-note'

Ahem. So that's cool and all. I've also gotten better at panic management bit by bit. Again, moving forward :D I'm also progressing at numerous other fields, but I think panic management is most noteworthy because I was so immensely pre-occupied with it most of the time.

I'm also gonna stop attending the day-care I've been going to for three years, at the end of this schoolyear (which'll be mid-July if I'm not mistaken). And for a few months now my 'counselor' (I'd say mentor but legally I'm not allowed to bestow that title upon her) has been nagging me with "how are you gonna leave this place behind? How will you celebrate?" Every half-year just before the winter or summer break, we have a little winter/summer celebration where whoever wants does whatever he wants on stage there. Almost every time I've done a DJ set. This time, though, I'm gonna sing a Folk song from a Scottish singer who is very dear to me (he held me in my first week on earth, and gave me a lucky coin; I also witnessed his probably-last performance before he died of what I believe was a heart attack), with a friend guiding me on guitar, cutting the violin out, keeping it minimal. I've also been getting a little bit of vocal coaching to ensure I really put power in my voice when I sing. I'm also gonna play a piano composition of mine called What Are Friends For, which is over 15min long :O and I'm gonna do another DJ set, but I'm gonna make it special by telling a story (of my life) during the set, of course with the music carefully guiding the story, and this'll be my true way of saying goodbye. Really hyped for all that. And I intend to properly record all of it. So looking forward to it.

One last thing I want to mention is that vocal coaching I've had. Which makes me think about one important other thing I've also missed, that I'll quickly mention. In The Netherlands, there are only two day-cares that are like this (whatever they're like, honestly it's better if I don't try to explain, you might know from my earlier attempts), and at the other one I've started giving DJ workshops together with a friend of mine who I literally dragged into it. It's weird because I'm at the extreme-creativity side and he's at the extreme-crowdpleasing side of it, though we're both open to the other sides. It works.
Anyways, we switched days and I found out that there's a vocal coach there that day, so I took up some coaching sessions with her. She was really impressed by my voice, as I struggle to truly stand still at. Especially when I started grunting. I'm just gonna take this moment to hide in this humongous post that yes, I'd love you to ask me for my voice. I can grunt (which I've already done over an Industrial Hardcore collab I did that'll hopefully get released soon), I can sing good bass with my voice (not the Barry White bass though), I can even get up to soprano without any difficulty though the power in my voice mostly rests in the tenor region.

So yeah, been busy as usual :U thinking a lot about the future, my place in it, my thoughts on society and stuff, what I want to do. I've gone through some heavy psychotherapy, just to get it out there, and found that I have been neglecting my mind, and have not been following my heart enough. Since finding out, things have been looking up. I still don't know what exactly I'd want to be doing in the future, but really, who does? I believe in my capability to come closer to knowing with due time.

So how's you, LFP?
Last edited by ExoBassTix on 22 Jun 2016 07:37, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Viricide Filly » 21 Jun 2016 08:44

scottish NHS (Stands for national health slowpoke) finally thought it'd be a good idea to get off their butts and agree that I should probably be on hormones by the end of the year so that's gonna happen soon

Otherwise I'm making an album as viricide filly, an album as wissshhh, an album as cdlbot and I'm wondering what to do with my non-horse alias bored of earth

Also moved in with my friend since my mum wasn't too happy about me wanting to do college online instead of going to a college and thus kicked me out
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion