Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Dish Cushion Thread

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 06 Jan 2016 09:59

It's funny how a car crash, even minor ones, can change so many plans. :/
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Freewave » 06 Jan 2016 10:08

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Yea. So I deleted 99.999% of everything pony related on my phone.
Now, I have a bunch of t-shirts and wall art to do something with. Idk what though. I'm basically un-bronied now. :/ it's weird. Because it was something I've been so interested in for so long.
But now that I moved out, I feel like I just don't really care for it anymore.
Like, almost not at all. I'm just upset because I spent so much money on the convention and getting my art, and now I'm getting rid of it all.

Hmmm. Well if you're literally getting rid of your pony stuff send me a few photos of what you have and I'll see if i'm interested in any of them (i will toss you some $ if there's anything i want). I'll be honest that I'm withdrawing from pony stuff too to a slower degree so not sure what i'd be interested in (i mainly got art at past conventions for my kid's walls and that was only at the first rotlcon) but it would help you avoid any shipping or trashing it all.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 Jan 2016 02:00

I too might be interested, though it'd come with quite some shipping, what with the ocean between us.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Jan 2016 07:23

I'll either text or Skype you the pictures. I already sent the pictures of most of the art I had to Freewave on skype.
Eco, I have a bunch of shirts too. They're pretty much. Al size large except one size medium.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Fl Brony » 08 Jan 2016 08:02

I havent been here for quite some time kek
so uh
as it turns out theres a good possibility that I might not graduate with my class if I don't manage to get my credits up before my senior year
so thats sort of slowed down my music
hopefully I can get back to it tbh i kind of miss it
ill prob do some weeb song cause thats like my latest obsession
im also trying to get back into the fandom more
I havent even seen any of the newest season lol
has anyone whose seen tell me if its any good?
season 4 was a bit iffy for me to be honest
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby FLAOFEI » 08 Jan 2016 09:20

I thought it was good... That's probably not much help tho since I haven't realy reflected on why I like it. :P
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 Jan 2016 16:22

I'll say that it was alright.
Definitely not the best season to date. There were some fun episodes and some that I just didn't care for.
I think what makes the 5th season so hard to really have a good review about it is that it started over a year ago and ended a lot more recently. The split makes it harder to remember all about the season. (Because I didn't go back to watch the first half a second time.)
But, overall, expect your typical pony shenanigans.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Freewave » 09 Jan 2016 17:27

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I'll either text or Skype you the pictures. I already sent the pictures of most of the art I had to Freewave on skype.
Eco, I have a bunch of shirts too. They're pretty much. Al size large except one size medium.

I'm likely going to pass on what you sent me BAC. I appreciate you getting those thumbnails to me as quickly as you did but i didn't see anything i had to grab as we have some different tastes in art and I haven't grabbed any art the last 2 cons.

Fl Brony wrote:I havent even seen any of the newest season lol
has anyone whose seen tell me if its any good?
season 4 was a bit iffy for me to be honest

Well it was ok overall. Not far off from what season 4 offered tbh. The Rarity trilogy was a highlight and the premiere's and finale were pretty solid. Does it feel like the show never quite regained its footing and direction after S3? Yes, unfortunately.

Here's my favorites if you want to cherry pick but shows how i feel about the show from season to season and what my favs still are. I still think its worth seeing the new season in order if you haven't...it's not worth skipping if completely if you retain any affection for it.

TBH 2 years of Gravity Falls have been a whole lot better then the last 2 years of MLP. Maybe I should have been music for that fanbase but i never got very musically influenced by that show at all.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 09 Jan 2016 18:56

So I've been watching a bunch of streams on picarto and I found a gem.
This guy on the stream was being super casual, had maybe 3 people watching his stream but he made some really good music.
After having a really rad conversation, I sound out he's kind of big. Like, 18.5K followers and was promoted on Mr.SuicideSheep and has been winning or placing on contests and stuff.
Yea. That was pretty cool.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby topitmunkeydog » 10 Jan 2016 12:40

hey does anyone know about a midi controller thats really small and mostly just the knobs because,, if so i need 2 know
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby ExoBassTix » 11 Jan 2016 01:55

topitmunkeydog wrote:hey does anyone know about a midi controller thats really small and mostly just the knobs because,, if so i need 2 know

If you need anything that's really small and has loadsa knobs, well if you have an iDevice, get TouchOSC. Sets your iDevice up as a MIDI device over WiFi.

Two days ago I randomly updated some Cydia packages on my iPhone (the jailbreak stuff) and guess what, the thing you fear the most as a jailbreaker happened. I got stuck on the Apple logo in the boot sequence. Luckily I still had access to my phone through my laptop, but limited. I managed to backup my contacts, text messages and photos, but not app data, mail, and most importantly, my fucking notes (the latter I actually forgot damnit). I can't believe it. I'm devastated I lost all of my notes.

So now I'm on iOS 7, instead of the iOS 6 I've had for the last few years. And holy shit I hate it so much. Design-wise, it's worse than how FL Studio went from 11 to 12, and that was a load of horsecrap already. Photos is terrible, Safari is disgusting, the passcode screen is annoying, there are -lots- of simple little features that got sent to shit. I feel pretty damn horrible about it all, especially since I'm stuck with it. And I doubt much of it will have publicly available tweaks in the jailbreak world to revert them back to how they're supposed to be.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 11 Jan 2016 07:36

ExoBassTix wrote:
topitmunkeydog wrote:hey does anyone know about a midi controller thats really small and mostly just the knobs because,, if so i need 2 know

If you need anything that's really small and has loadsa knobs, well if you have an iDevice, get TouchOSC. Sets your iDevice up as a MIDI device over WiFi.

Two days ago I randomly updated some Cydia packages on my iPhone (the jailbreak stuff) and guess what, the thing you fear the most as a jailbreaker happened. I got stuck on the Apple logo in the boot sequence. Luckily I still had access to my phone through my laptop, but limited. I managed to backup my contacts, text messages and photos, but not app data, mail, and most importantly, my fucking notes (the latter I actually forgot damnit). I can't believe it. I'm devastated I lost all of my notes.

So now I'm on iOS 7, instead of the iOS 6 I've had for the last few years. And holy shit I hate it so much. Design-wise, it's worse than how FL Studio went from 11 to 12, and that was a load of horsecrap already. Photos is terrible, Safari is disgusting, the passcode screen is annoying, there are -lots- of simple little features that got sent to shit. I feel pretty damn horrible about it all, especially since I'm stuck with it. And I doubt much of it will have publicly available tweaks in the jailbreak world to revert them back to how they're supposed to be.

It's interesting to see your take on ios7. I never thought it was bad really. I mean, the visual part of it was not too appealing but it was pretty cool to the change from ios6 at the time.
I'm currently running ios9 and I'll say it's a little similar visually, and I've gotten used to it. But I also like all the little features they have added over time. Like, quick reply from the notifications and widget support and other little things. I like the little things, okay. ;_;
But, yea. I'm a simpler man.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 14 Jan 2016 04:12

behringer make one that is pretty alright and is completely knobs
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 19 Jan 2016 14:31

Now that the website is back up, I came here to say that:
I realized that I wear almost the same thing every day.
I wear blue jeans and then I wear the same hoodie. I pretty much never take off my hoodie so it's basically my shirt. And then blue jeans are all darkish blue. So they look the same.
So, for literally at least 2 months, I've pretty much worn the same outfit everywhere.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 19 Jan 2016 22:01

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Now that the website is back up, I came here to say that:
I realized that I wear almost the same thing every day.
I wear blue jeans and then I wear the same hoodie. I pretty much never take off my hoodie so it's basically my shirt. And then blue jeans are all darkish blue. So they look the same.
So, for literally at least 2 months, I've pretty much worn the same outfit everywhere.

I see doing this as a professional thing, you're showing that you focus on stuff that isn't mundane like what to wear. much like steve jobs with the turtle neck and jeans
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Facade » 20 Jan 2016 13:27

i do the same thing unless im getting dressed for something specific like skiing gotta wear extra layers or if im gonna bmx i gotta put cloths that arent gonna get in the way
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 20 Jan 2016 14:48

It's tax season. :/
But I already did my taxes the moment I got my paperwork. Luckily, I'm receiving money instead of paying the government.
Hopefully with a new president in 2016, something about the taxes get changed so that people like me who earn under the poverty amount won't be paying a high percentage of money.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 20 Jan 2016 23:00

Facade wrote:i do the same thing unless im getting dressed for something specific like skiing gotta wear extra layers or if im gonna bmx i gotta put cloths that arent gonna get in the way

I pretty much do the same thing, t shirt with skinny jeans most days, sometimes I wear a button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up though
Acsii

Postby Facade » 21 Jan 2016 16:29

speaking of bmx rate my bike

Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 21 Jan 2016 18:32

I give it a 7/10 because it's a bike and is gold and it is inside and not outside and you're not riding it doing bmx things like a bmx person might be doing.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Jason Martin » 21 Jan 2016 20:43

Hmm...seems today is officially National Derpy Day...just got the news of that...
Jason Martin

Primary: FL Studio 12

Postby Acsii » 22 Jan 2016 00:39

Facade wrote:speaking of bmx rate my bike

lol I thought you meant racing like what I used to do
I give it a 5/7 still though as it looks like a bike that'd be reasonable to race on
Acsii

Postby Facade » 22 Jan 2016 02:05

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I give it a 7/10 because it's a bike and is gold and it is inside and not outside and you're not riding it doing bmx things like a bmx person might be doing.

i wish i could live on it but i gotta have down time plus its winter atm so i have to wait till i can get to rye airfield (local-ish indoor park)
i'd never leave this bike outside its way safer to keep it in my room

Acsii wrote:lol I thought you meant racing like what I used to do
I give it a 5/7 still though as it looks like a bike that'd be reasonable to race on

its more for tricks yea but if there where tracks near me id definitely hit them up (couldn't atm anyways its fucking winter out there :c
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Acsii » 22 Jan 2016 04:47

Facade wrote:
Acsii wrote:lol I thought you meant racing like what I used to do

its more for tricks yea but if there where tracks near me id definitely hit them up (couldn't atm anyways its fucking winter out there :c

even though it doesn't snow here, winter is still hell as well, as it tends to wash the surface off the track so then we can't race/train/practice or whatever until it's fixed, also atm the track is being rebuilt to a different layout so can't ride it anyway, been meaning to get back into it...
Acsii

Postby LFP » 22 Jan 2016 20:22

We don't get snow either, we get the pain and suffering that is -30c instead
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion