Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Dish Cushion Thread

Postby Facade » 23 Jan 2016 00:02

im more interested in dirt jumps anyways (unless those are the same thing probably not)
probably gonna make my own if i can find a place :P
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 23 Jan 2016 02:24

Yo, been away for a while. The new job is working out pretty well, I used some of the extra cash to order a Waldorf Rocket and that'll show up on my doorstep sometime in the next week or 2. I've done my research and I'm pretty confident it was worth it, I'll probably post something in depth in the hardware synth thread when I've had some time to play with it.

I also taught myself how to program a DX7 without a manual fear me.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Acsii » 23 Jan 2016 06:28

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Yo, been away for a while. The new job is working out pretty well, I used some of the extra cash to order a Waldorf Rocket and that'll show up on my doorstep sometime in the next week or 2. I've done my research and I'm pretty confident it was worth it, I'll probably post something in depth in the hardware synth thread when I've had some time to play with it.

I also taught myself how to program a DX7 without a manual fear me.

wait you have a DX7? does this mean biggles is gonna make all the 80s electronica?
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 23 Jan 2016 23:20

I borrowed a DX7. I'm kind of away from my computer for the time being and I needed something to do so I borrowed it off my step dad.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Jan 2016 16:19

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THE MLP EPISODE AUDIO SOURCE IS 404'D

And the hard drive I used to store them on is ded too D:

Uhm... Yeah does anyone know another place where I can get episode vocal-only tracks? I kinda need them right now xD
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Acsii » 25 Jan 2016 05:22

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I borrowed a DX7. I'm kind of away from my computer for the time being and I needed something to do so I borrowed it off my step dad.

still that's pretty cool, the DX7 is on my list of top synths for sure.
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 Jan 2016 02:25

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I borrowed a DX7. I'm kind of away from my computer for the time being and I needed something to do so I borrowed it off my step dad.

Nice nice nice nice, real curious to hear what sounds you can get out of it!
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 27 Jan 2016 11:27

I'm finally gonna get a keyboard for my room. I realized how much I love to play them a while ago, so, I have been looking around. My parents had one in their basement, but nobody ever used it (other than myself) and they said I can just take it. !! Hype
I love them because they allow me to get ideas for songs right away and it helps to to learn about music theory and scales and everything so much faster than without one. :3
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby AJYoung » 28 Jan 2016 13:49

ExoBassTix wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THE MLP EPISODE AUDIO SOURCE IS 404'D

Uhm... Yeah does anyone know another place where I can get episode vocal-only tracks? I kinda need them right now xD

It looks like it just changed places on the site. They are here now: http://mlptf2mods.com/tutorials/resource-materials/
Free BassTables Wavetables sets for Xfer Serum: Volume 1 | Volume 2
AJYoung

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: EDM + Vocals

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 28 Jan 2016 19:29

Remember guys to make sure that you don't drive into people who are riding bikes. Especially when you're making a turn across an oncoming traffic lane. And at night when it's hard to see. Don't do that guys.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 29 Jan 2016 18:42

AJYoung wrote:
ExoBassTix wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THE MLP EPISODE AUDIO SOURCE IS 404'D

It looks like it just changed places on the site. They are here now: http://mlptf2mods.com/tutorials/resource-materials/

Ok wow, in that case the 404 I got was just temporary. It was site-wide too. Oh well, false alarm :P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby AJYoung » 30 Jan 2016 13:41

I think they took the "www." out of their name (or forgot to set up a redirect). The link you posted and any link to http://www.mlptf2mods.com/ doesn't work.

However http://mlptf2mods.com/ DOES work. It's weird.
Free BassTables Wavetables sets for Xfer Serum: Volume 1 | Volume 2
AJYoung

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: EDM + Vocals

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 Feb 2016 17:13

So there is a reality tv show producer that is interested in making a reality tv show about my company. WUT?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Facade » 01 Feb 2016 21:02

Bronies Are Cool wrote:So there is a reality tv show producer that is interested in making a reality tv show about my company. WUT?

woah wut
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 02 Feb 2016 01:12

Facade wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:So there is a reality tv show producer that is interested in making a reality tv show about my company. WUT?

woah wut

Yea. Some producer from Hollywood was talking to my boss last Friday and he really liked him. He learned about the history of the company, and got to know a little bit about each person. Everyone in my company is a bit quirky somehow.
Like, the CEO is basically another Rob Derdeck. (Butchered the name.)
Got a hard working mlg player.
A 19 year old welder.
A lube guy who's brother was in the nfl
Me, a young quirky IT guy.
My other boss goes on missions trips.
All three owners have a great success story.
Mechanics have a bit of drama going on.
One dude never stops swearing. But he's just fun all the time.
Me. I have to say me twice. I'm cool.
And my company is a promising company. We are successful in our industry and we are the youngest guys in the industry.

So, everyone had their pictures taken and sent to the dude in LA. So, stuff is in the talks.
Not sure how serious anything is gonna be.

The guy from LA really liked us. the boss talking to him is a professional negotiator. And the LA guy said that my company was the nicest one to him so far.
So, it seems like it might get somewhere. But idk where. Lol

This would make it super easy to promote my mixtape.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 02 Feb 2016 04:59

That last line is a fucking killer
Acsii

Postby FLAOFEI » 02 Feb 2016 07:37

Did I ever tell you about a weird tradition at my school? I probably did ,just not this specific one.
In the student organisation we have meetings every so often. We also have a post in the organisation which basically translates to Governer of music. The job of the Governer of music is to, at these meetings, drink 4 beers and then perform a song! I got chosen to be Governer of Music last meeting, and tge first meeting of the year is coming up in February! This is gonna be hilarious! XD
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby ExoBassTix » 02 Feb 2016 15:48

FLAOFEI wrote:Did I ever tell you about a weird tradition at my school? I probably did ,just not this specific one.
In the student organisation we have meetings every so often. We also have a post in the organisation which basically translates to Governer of music. The job of the Governer of music is to, at these meetings, drink 4 beers and then perform a song! I got chosen to be Governer of Music last meeting, and tge first meeting of the year is coming up in February! This is gonna be hilarious! XD

Get someone to capture it on video or record it, I need this.

Also I passed 3500 happy doo dads :D
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby FLAOFEI » 02 Feb 2016 17:30

ExoBassTix wrote:Get someone to capture it on video or record it, I need this.

Also I passed 3500 happy doo dads :D

I might, maybe ask someone to perhaps record it... It's gonna be a swedish song this time though :P
If I do get it recorded I'll share it though :P
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby Facade » 03 Feb 2016 03:46

Bronies Are Cool wrote:This would make it super easy to promote my mixtape.

important shit right there
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 04 Feb 2016 10:37

I made the switch from driving an automatic car to driving a manual. I got a Ford Focus 2007 4 cylinder. I'm now getting close to 40MPG and I do a bit of city driving too. So, yea. Feeling good about making the switch.

Also, literally couldn't drive a manual on Saturday and today is Thursday and I'm driving it like I've done it for months. Feels good.
Its actually a lot of fun, but it requires more focus to do for me. Which is good. Hopefully I won't be crashing this car or speeding with it any time soon.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 07 Feb 2016 21:28

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I made the switch from driving an automatic car to driving a manual. I got a Ford Focus 2007 4 cylinder. I'm now getting close to 40MPG and I do a bit of city driving too. So, yea. Feeling good about making the switch.

Also, literally couldn't drive a manual on Saturday and today is Thursday and I'm driving it like I've done it for months. Feels good.
Its actually a lot of fun, but it requires more focus to do for me. Which is good. Hopefully I won't be crashing this car or speeding with it any time soon.

Is 40mpg good? Also after a while changing gears and stuff will become second nature, you won't have to think you'll just do. once you're reasonably confident, find a quiet mountain road that's semi windy to practice being in the right gear and stuff around corners. Also if you're up for it learn how to heel and toe, or double declutch under braking
Acsii

Postby FLAOFEI » 08 Feb 2016 00:48

I'm trying to get a drivers licence before summer, cause reasons. I never had much motivation since I live in a big city, and public transport is great here, but now I've got a friend living in the middle of nowhere I have a reason to drive.
It's going pretty good I'd say. If I drove alot an studied hard I'd probably have a licence within a few weeks... So I should do that.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 Feb 2016 00:55

Acsii wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:I made the switch from driving an automatic car to driving a manual. I got a Ford Focus 2007 4 cylinder. I'm now getting close to 40MPG and I do a bit of city driving too. So, yea. Feeling good about making the switch.

Is 40mpg good? Also after a while changing gears and stuff will become second nature, you won't have to think you'll just do. once you're reasonably confident, find a quiet mountain road that's semi windy to practice being in the right gear and stuff around corners. Also if you're up for it learn how to heel and toe, or double declutch under braking

My last car had about 23 mpg. And most cars in America get somewhere in the 20s or 30s now so 40 is a bit ahead of the game.

I also took a nice drive through the mountains last night with my car and it was quite windy. I drive for about 2 hours in the mountains.
I actually feel pretty confident in driving a stick despite having driven it for just over a week now. I hardly even stall anymore at all and I can get by in tragic too.

Today, I picked up 3 level 100 Mew codes. And I think I'm going to try to get a few more at a later point in time. :3
Just gotta add 2 of them and then the rest I'll give away to people who aren't able to get to gamestop.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Ricky Denzel » 08 Feb 2016 11:23

I'm back! It's been a long time since I was here
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

PreviousNext