Trixie Issues Much? FML moment

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Trixie Issues Much? FML moment

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 19 Jul 2011 13:23

Lol well I had no intention of 1-uping anyone, I just want to be recognized just the same as they are. Basically how people say there stuff is so cool? Yeah I wanted them to say that about mine. But I think it's because their music is 95% remixes and not original creations is why they're so popular.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Overkillius » 19 Jul 2011 22:41

Bagpipe Brony wrote:Lol well I had no intention of 1-uping anyone, I just want to be recognized just the same as they are. Basically how people say there stuff is so cool? Yeah I wanted them to say that about mine. But I think it's because their music is 95% remixes and not original creations is why they're so popular.

I remember the first time I crossed business with music. It was APB... when Real Time Worlds was still in control and screwing everything up. When you killed someone in the game, it would play a five second theme on their end. You could make your own tracks and sell them to other people. I noticed no original tracks I made sold... but I made ingame MILLIONS off of Song of Storms and other stuff. People just like what is familiar I guess... the truth is that people seem to not like original works, which is a shame.

For the record, I like your stuff and I wanted to collab with you mostly to learn how you write your music (otherwise known as I admire you as a composer). I didn't think I'd be able to do anything useful and the whole endeavor seemed selfish, so I didn't bother asking.
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 20 Jul 2011 02:00

Overkillius wrote:
Bagpipe Brony wrote:Lol well I had no intention of 1-uping anyone, I just want to be recognized just the same as they are. Basically how people say there stuff is so cool? Yeah I wanted them to say that about mine. But I think it's because their music is 95% remixes and not original creations is why they're so popular.

I remember the first time I crossed business with music. It was APB... when Real Time Worlds was still in control and screwing everything up. When you killed someone in the game, it would play a five second theme on their end. You could make your own tracks and sell them to other people. I noticed no original tracks I made sold... but I made ingame MILLIONS off of Song of Storms and other stuff. People just like what is familiar I guess... the truth is that people seem to not like original works, which is a shame.

For the record, I like your stuff and I wanted to collab with you mostly to learn how you write your music (otherwise known as I admire you as a composer). I didn't think I'd be able to do anything useful and the whole endeavor seemed selfish, so I didn't bother asking.

Aww thanks c:
Why would that in anyway be selfish? O_o I'm the selfish one for wanting the views lol. We could collab sometime, but to be honest I just write music as it comes to me. I start a hundred things but only finish the ones I feel enough emotion to finish. Like in that "I will Rise" Trixie song for example, I was really jealous and angry and so I came out w/ that piece and it's lyrics. I'm currently hoping to do a collab w/ Night Colt. But I have yet to hear from the guy.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion