AAS Chromaphone

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

AAS Chromaphone

Postby Ocular » 26 Jul 2013 12:56

Does this look like something to buy? I think it looks really neat (and Knife Party actually used it in LRAD to make that huge pluck) and it has a lot of features. Have any of you used a modeling synth before? How did it compare to this one?

http://www.applied-acoustics.com/chromaphone/overview/
inactive
Ocular

Re: AAS Chromaphone

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 26 Jul 2013 13:19

I've used NI's Prism a bit, and I really like it.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 26 Jul 2013 14:55

If you use Logic, try Sculpture. If you use Live, try Collision. If you have FL, try Drumaxx. If you have the full Reaktor, try Steampipe, try PRISM on its own in Player, or the hundreds of physical modelling ensembles.

Then consider this.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Symphon » 26 Jul 2013 18:48

Lavender_Harmony wrote:If you use Logic, try Sculpture. If you use Live, try Collision. If you have FL, try Drumaxx. If you have the full Reaktor, try Steampipe, try PRISM on its own in Player, or the hundreds of physical modelling ensembles.

Then consider this.

Wow, Drumaxx is higher on the list than this one? That's... Ouch. Nothing else to say other than that, really.
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton Live 8
Main VSTs: Harmor, Toxic Biohazard, FM8, Sylenth1, Nexus, Sytrus.
Main genres: Trance, Electro
https://soundcloud.com/choonsofficial/the-prodigy-voodoo-people
Symphon

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Trance

Postby Ocular » 26 Jul 2013 20:08

Symphon wrote:
Lavender_Harmony wrote:If you use Logic, try Sculpture. If you use Live, try Collision. If you have FL, try Drumaxx. If you have the full Reaktor, try Steampipe, try PRISM on its own in Player, or the hundreds of physical modelling ensembles.

Then consider this.

Wow, Drumaxx is higher on the list than this one? That's... Ouch. Nothing else to say other than that, really.

I think she's saying that you should get this synth after you have a lot of experience with other modeling synths.

Of course, I could be wrong.
inactive
Ocular

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 26 Jul 2013 23:55

I'm saying tr what you may already have access to before dropping cash on something. Just because x uses it doesn't instantly make it the right bit of kit for you, especially when it comes to physically modelled stuff.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 27 Jul 2013 01:48

Gotta agree with Lav on that.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Symphon » 28 Jul 2013 07:53

Lavender_Harmony wrote:I'm saying tr what you may already have access to before dropping cash on something. Just because x uses it doesn't instantly make it the right bit of kit for you, especially when it comes to physically modelled stuff.

Ah, okay, that makes loads more sense. Yeah, I definitely would have to agree. These kinds of things are kind hit or miss when it comes to usability to individuals, so yeah, just try out similar things to see if you can get into it.
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton Live 8
Main VSTs: Harmor, Toxic Biohazard, FM8, Sylenth1, Nexus, Sytrus.
Main genres: Trance, Electro
https://soundcloud.com/choonsofficial/the-prodigy-voodoo-people
Symphon

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Trance

Return to Off-Topic Discussion