What does your screen name mean?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: What does your screen name mean?

Postby Fimbulin » 06 Jul 2013 06:29

I love studying old languages, and I found an Old Scandinavian word that means "the Frozen One" or "Cold Hearted." I use this name for almost any game I play.

Ironically, it has FIM in it too.
Analytical music theorist!
http://www.youtube.com/fimbulinmusic
http://www.soundcloud.com/fimbulin

FL Studio, Kontakt 5, orchestral mostly. I buy my gear.
I haunt skype so ask me questions there or viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8502
Fimbulin

Postby ganondox » 06 Jul 2013 11:18

Short: It's Ganondorf mixed with Paradox.

Medium: It became customary for me to name my characters in video games Ganondorf. One game I could only fit in 8 chars, so I created Ganondox. I eventually used it as an online pseudonym at one point and it stuck because it's the most convenient to use.

Long: The time I ever played Zelda was at a relatives house, where my family used our last name. At first when we got our own Zelda games I continued using that, but then I decided to chose something else to distinguish them when they were clearly my file. I chose Ganon or Ganondorf because then Ganondorf would have to fight Ganondorf and dialogue would be awkward. I created Ganondox when Ganondorf wouldn't fit the character limit in NiGHTS: Journey into Dreams. Now, my screen name was originally Titanslayer, which came from age of mythology and evolved into a character in a shared world. I used that as my username on Jayisgames, and put "ganondorfchampion" in as the nickname as I'm pretty good at using supposedly-worst-character Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I used the same information on Powder Game, but I had to change to ganondorfchampin due to character restrictions. I used ganondorfchampin as my name on Danball Forums, where it eventually morphed into Ganondox. It continued to morph until it ultimately became Satar Gaèoèdoæ. For other sites I reverted back to using Ganondox because that's a heck lot more convenient.

My solo musician name is Geryondice, which is just a corruption of Ganondox. The origin of the name Soft D. String DeHooves is directly tied with the source for Ghelded Kultz, which I'm not revealing. I'm surprised that it seems no one has figured out what it means yet.
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby SticktheFigure » 06 Jul 2013 18:24

Aight, so.
I used to go by sora_1_2 when I was young, but I was never a fan of having a "numbered" name.
So youtube comes along and some time later I found a bunch of Pivot videos. (If you don't know, pivot was a stick figure animating program.)
I downloaded Pivot and tried making some. I wanted to upload one one day but didn't have an account.
Finally, a chance to come up with a new, original name!
So what does little me do? I tried Stickfigure.
Holy titballs, I'm a fuckin' genius.
But alas, this name was taken.
So I threw in a "the" in the middle of the name.
Bam, SticktheFigure. Afterwords, it just kinda stuck and I like it.
Spoiler woof:
Jokeblue wrote:the avatar of one of the guys who donated pretty much sums up how this is going
Keyboard: Yamaha Sy22 DAW: FLStudio 10 VST: Massive, Zeta+ 2
SticktheFigure

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Piano

Postby Fl Brony » 07 Jul 2013 20:00

I am a brony and I use Fl Studio......don't ask, i'm unoriginal....
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Jokeblue » 08 Jul 2013 08:47

PYR3LIGHT wrote:Alternate spelling of the balefire pheonix Pyrelight from Fallout Equestria.

Boii!!

Spoiler Words:
I got Jokeblue from Fallout:Equestria too. FoE is what snagged me in this fandom, loved every bit of it. Jokeblue is just a background character you really don't hear much about other than he/she/iwasntsure existed. When I was thinking of a name to use for music, I had nothing good, but Jokeblue stuck out. But after I chose it I kinda thought about how the name fit me and what it meant.

Well, I'm well known in and out of school and by most people I know as a joker. Not like class clown jokerish but just as a Joker. I also love the colour blue. Blue is cool.

But also, I went through a phase where I didn't feel like I actually fit in with anyone anywhere, as I had my 3 closest friends slip away, one through trust issues and other complications, one just out of little contact, and another end our friendship and band one day, pretty much saying to my face that he wasn't going to be friends with me unless I'd go out drink like an irishstereotype and party every night. That left me with a bit of an insecurity constantly thinking I wasn't good enough and that no one really liked me.

So I was pretty blue, for about a year until I had a mini breakdown, reevaluated myself, and decided to push past that shit and learn to toughen up and not give a fuck about what other people may think. But during that time no one really knew that I was like that, and even though I was pretty depressed (but not with depression, just depressed) I was still using a joke to cover it up an make people think I was alright. It worked pretty well apparently. No one really knew that though I kept up the role as Joker that the joke was covering the blue.

And after figuring this was the name for me, a quick google search told me it wasn't taken yet.

And that is how Equestria was made.
Last edited by Jokeblue on 27 Sep 2013 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 24 Jul 2013 19:08

Bronies are people who are not of the intended demographic of the show my little pony but watch it anyway.

Cool is something used to describe something in a positive manner. Synonyms: hip, dope, legit, awesome

Bronies are cool means that... well, it means exactly what it says. :3

Why I named it that? I tried making an album and had to join this site first. Didn't know what to name myself, so I named myself this.

Now that I'm off that pony high, I regret the name.
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Stars In Autumn » 25 Jul 2013 00:35

3 reason:

1. Stars In Autumn = falling stars

2. After the Big Bang, the universe was nothing but hydrogen (and some other gases) which eventually formed into stars. Many of these stars collapsed and exploded outwards, forming and releasing all matter as we know it denser than lithium. So everything on Earth use to be a star, including us. In a sense, we are the autumn leaves of dead stars.

3. According to the expanding universe theory, all galaxies and stars are expanding outwards at faster and faster rates, therefor the end result of the universe is projected to be nothing but scattered bits of matter. So in a sense our universe is also in autumn, and all our stars are the "leaves" of the universe, decaying to nothing. It's a bit depressing but we're lucky we can observe the universe as it is now and not have to live to see its death. Autumn is my favorite season due to it's beauty. So my name could be kind of a theme on "beauty from decay".
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby Mr.Afrox » 31 Jul 2013 02:22

that is truly deep i would of probably never guessed :3
Mr.Afrox

Primary: FL STUDIO 11.04
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby GCKrastin » 03 Aug 2013 10:42

Short version: It doesn't mean anything, I just came up with "Krastin" four years ago and added GC to it when I made a Twitter account.

Long version:
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away (Actually about four years ago on a Bionicle fan forum) I made a custom Bionicle thing.
It never saw the light of day on the internet except some pictures I emailed to a friend once. Apparently in the email (I still have it somewhere) I mentioned that I gave the name Krastin to my creation, and it apparently came from the French word for revenge. (Can confirm, it did not come from that, "krastin" isn't anywhere near to the French word for revenge afaik)

I started using "Krastin" on various places around the internet until one day I made a Twitter account.
Considering Twitter is a very large site with a whole lot of users, it wasn't surprising to me that "Krastin" was already taken.
A few friends and I had come up with the idea of making a multiplayer Minecraft let's play on YouTube and calling it the "GhastCast". So, when I made my Twitter account, I used "GC_Krastin".
I immediately dropped the underscore next time I used the name, but it stuck since then and I use it everywhere except on a couple games where I'm still Krastin.

A nice thing about it is that because it doesn't use any real words, if you google "GCKrastin", you'll only find all the places I've used the name. (BZPower, Soundcloud, Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr, Steam, my other Youtube, here, etc etc)
Producing mediocre drum and bass since 2012.
Stuff I use: FL Studio 12, Harmor, Sytrus, Maximus, Akai MPK Mini, Numark Mixtrack
SoundCloud -=- YouTube -=- Tumblr
GCKrastin

Primary: FL Studio 11/12

Postby prozeyic » 05 Aug 2013 07:37

Respelling of the word prosaic. Though people tend to think that it's a respelling of prozac, which is an anti-depressant. I'd like to think I could be an anti-depressant sometimes. Prosaic just means 'lacking in poetic beauty'. Think it has other meanings as well but meh.

I like the way it looks, not as much the way it sounds. Also probably won't be my professional artist name.
prozeyic

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Jokeblue » 05 Aug 2013 07:39

Hahaha, that's very ironic :3

Jokeblue

Postby Acsii » 05 Aug 2013 17:37

People may think it's because of my old producer name but it's not... It comes from what I used to call myself... "an accident in the wrong body" but so my parents wouldn't get it I made it into Acsiident... then later when I changed my producer name to ACSII I decided to change here as well...
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 06 Aug 2013 18:39

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:When I was really little, I used to watch the Wiggles (a group of 4 children's songwriters who had a tv show). One of them shared a name with me (Anthony) and my Uncle started calling me "Anthony no-wiggles" which became "anthonowiggles" which became "anthonobiggles".

Since then my nickname is Biggles. So Mr. Bigglesworth was my first choice.

I also have a couple other screen names.

Testsubject75 - When me and my step brother played Halo together I used to be the one getting blown up or squished to 'test' stuff. Hence Testsubject75. A lot of people think it's a Portal joke.

North - Basically me and a friend got bored an used the pony name generator. I got Northern Aura. Which for a while (way before I even knew what FL Studio was) I was considering it as my musician name. I kinda wanted to do music for a fair while before I actually bought FL Studio and started messing around.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Jokeblue » 06 Aug 2013 19:34

Huh, I used to go by Test Subject 14 in a heap of games... Cool :3

Jokeblue

Postby Acsii » 06 Aug 2013 20:07

My Gamer name is Fraytor :3
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Facade » 06 Aug 2013 21:25

fa·cade
/fəˈsäd/
Noun

1 . The front of a building that looks onto a street or open space.
2 . An outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality.

i think the second one is more accurate
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Acsii » 06 Aug 2013 22:00

woah... deep man... you okay?
Acsii

Postby vman315 » 07 Aug 2013 09:26

vman315, I always like Static Shock because his power was something that seems logical. His name is Virgil, in one episode his best friend called him Vman, then the 315 is the ides of march (my birthday). Then there is another reason but I won't tell... It's a secret...

Then with my game handle or actual nickname Oatmeal started when I used to play TF2. I have a laugh... A creepy laugh... A laugh that is not my normal laugh... But a high pitched laugh that I used to do when I was voice acting for the villain roll of my animation class back in high school. I was playing on a brony server, then someone with a voice changer came on and started shifting pitch as they spoke. I did the same with nothing but my mouth and my mic and my skills. Then he raged and I did my evil laugh, then some one said "v, you so crazy, what are you oatmeal" I said in my high pitched villain voice "HOW DID YOU FIND OUT!" Then I changed my steam name to Oatmeal and forgot about it. People just called me Oatmeal even after I changed it back. So I stuck with Oatmeal. And now when ever someone in the office says the word oatmeal, I look expecting to be addressed.
Words.
vman315

Primary: MediGun
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Wisp » 04 Sep 2013 14:42

Sorry about bringing this thread back up from the dead, but It's a cool thread :D

My name, Wisp, doesn't really have much of a story behind it. Back when I had just become a brony, I found one of those pony name creator things that made you a pony name based on your real name. I put my name in, and I got "Minty Wisp". I didn't really like the "Minty" part, so I took that out and kept "Wisp".
Wisp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: House, chill, dnb

Postby TWILICORN » 04 Sep 2013 15:48

Well I stole a horse name and put in caps locks so I could be noticed.
I release horrific mash-ups on a year-by-year basis

Soundcloud | Tweeter Ramblings | Wolfpuncher
TWILICORN

Primary: Renoise
Cutie Mark: ♛PRINCESS♛

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion