The mind of a composer...

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

The mind of a composer...

Postby Mr.Afrox » 26 Jun 2013 20:24

Do other composers (of all kinds) also have the sensation of a degenerative mind?
A tired mind, a mind that seeks retreat and often selfdestruction, a mind that has great difficulty to conciously exist in a average life?
A mind that needs to reflect constantly, translates every impression into its own language, misunderstood and incomprehensible to the dimensions of a normal mind.
A guilty mind that does not want to exist in a constant, has to shift again and again like every song has a end and regardless of memorising its notes should simply be succeeded by another, perhaps replaced by a better mind, no.. a new mind, a fresh mind, unaffected by that wich would..
Perhaps in defence, afraid of madness.. but it knows its mad.. and it throws that madness away into the world before it takes its own life and is born into something else again.
A mind that holds no personality, is like a blank sheet wich dulges no sound.. for now.
It requires silence now, to be able to rest.. perhaps so it can imagine being a full mind for a change, even though it knows it cant. And unable to console itself, only waiting till it might hear something beyond itself, something that may inspire it to reflect again.. yet sometimes plainly refuses to listen. For it is too tired this time.

i ask the public and our awesome composers whats up with your mind?
Mr.Afrox

Primary: FL STUDIO 11.04
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: The mind of a composer...

Postby itroitnyah » 26 Jun 2013 20:38

Damn man, are you high, or are you just into serious philosophy stuff? I'm really thinking you're high off your balls right now.

Me? I'm a realist. I make music to entertain because it's what I enjoy doing, and since I've now spent upwards of $1000 and have been pouring a lot of my time into my music, it's what I'm going to stick with doing, whether I live in a dead end apartment in the future, or live in a life of luxury with personal jets and high end sports cars in every single home at every single state, country and territory in every single part of the world. I'm mostly practicing at music, following what other people have made and learning from what they've done, but when I'm good enough I'm hoping that my music will entertain and/or inspire the audience.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Conduit » 26 Jun 2013 20:43

Dude, I think you've either been watching to many movies, or are super high, as itroitnyah said. Musicians are people. We deal with the same shit as everyone else, the same doubts, fears, and everything else that makes people human. As far as I know, most people don't fit the whole "tortured artist" stereotype. Again, we aren't any more crazy then everyone else, you said "incomprehensible to the dimensions of a normal mind" but you need to understand that most musicians have "normal minds". Even if someone didn't its not because they're a musician.
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby Mr.Afrox » 26 Jun 2013 21:19

i dont think uve got it right,i wasnt trying to offend us musicians and multi-artist,what i was truly trying to investigate what was in on our musician minds personally i dont think anybody is normal as we are all unique in our own way even the show our music is based on goes there it proves uniqueness of everybodys ideas feeling and imagination the proof that we can create everything,the term normal is used for those who long to be like others,i dont know about anyone but personally i want to be me and prove everybody else that i can achieve greatness with myself and friendship of others :3 /)
Mr.Afrox

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 26 Jun 2013 22:38

I make music because it's fun.

Not that complicated :P
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 26 Jun 2013 23:06

In response to the OP:

No.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 Jun 2013 04:24

Hmm...

Well ... I don't feel like going all philosophical right now, but to keep it short, my answer is yes.
Sometimes, I feel like this is a curse. That fate made this happen. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes I wonder if it's in any way possible to reverse all this. I've already experienced several moments of music-induced madness, and it doesn't stop with just those few moments, I know that for sure.

Heh. That's off my chest.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Mr.Afrox » 27 Jun 2013 06:50

im glad it is hopefully it made you feel better :3 /)
Mr.Afrox

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 Jun 2013 07:09

The problem is, though, this addiction has caused me to drag two of my friends into this hellhole. They might be uncaring, too overcome with this alien sensation of blissful happiness, that they don't notice how bad this is, and when they finally do realize it, and accept the facts, they're too deep down the rabbit hole already. Like I. And now I'm just feeding them more, to keep them at bay, to keep them satisfied.

I've told them both this, and as I expected, they were ignorant. They didn't care because they think it's not true. They're just happy that I unconsciously kicked them down the hole, which appears to them like a paradise, which is of course but a meager illusion. Apparently it's convincing enough. That fact troubles me. I mean, if I can't get myself to not drag others with me through this all, even though the others might not know of the consequences until later, am I not forcefully cursing them? Whether they like it or unconsciously don't?
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ExoBassTix » 27 Jun 2013 07:12

Luckily there's one track that I use to get them out. ... Well, it either spits the listener out, or it consumes him or her as a whole. With this I mean, the track is mainly a story that explains the terror that cones with this 'paradise'. Or it spits you out, meaning that you realize that this is bad and turn around, or it consumes you, drags you inside, makes you want more until you can't be satisfied no more and go crazy.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Mr.Afrox » 27 Jun 2013 07:15

indeed some tracks do that though its hard sometimes when its already got them :/
Mr.Afrox

Postby Alycs » 27 Jun 2013 07:22

Okay, first of all, this isn't philosophy; if anything it is psychology (in both the traditional sense and the more modern, but I think that is unintentional)

Anyway, music is the expression of thoughts, as is any art-form or language. By expressing or showing certain thoughts/ideals to the world, it both brings them to the forefront and usually forces the listener to contemplate (old sense) them. This would normally lead to a increased level of cognition and mental strength. However, both of your cases are probably being brought about by contemplating - dare I say - the wrong types of music. Because just as eating good food leads to a good body; ingesting good ideas leads to a good mind. [Aristotle, Metaphysics]
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Mr.Afrox » 27 Jun 2013 07:44

ah yes,anotherpony who has the right idea :) /)

thanks bro
Mr.Afrox

Return to Off-Topic Discussion