close encounters?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

close encounters?

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 05 May 2013 22:28

this might be more directed towards closet bronies.

Have you even been almost caught watching mlp or doing something mlp related?

I was plugging in my flash drive to my computer to print off a document. On my flashdrive is a file for music, quite a lot of pony music too. My sister was at the computer too, and for some reason, she turned on one of the songs before I got up from putting the flash drive in. (The computer is under the desk, and ports are in the back.) he picked a pony song and it started to play, but luckily for me, it was one of the pony songs that is not really related to ponies so it doesn't give away any details about me being a brony. (It was Electric Apples by Acrylia) (I think that's the name of the artist) She could have picked any of the other songs on my mlp that were more pony related like the winter wrap up remix by ellitisoar or something, but I got lucky this time.

What is your close encounter?
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Re: close encounters?

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 05 May 2013 22:40

Never happens. I'm too good.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby topitmunkeydog » 05 May 2013 22:58

Timber wolves. All I have to say D:
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby vladnuke » 06 May 2013 01:50

My family could not care less. All my friends are bronies/cool with it.
vladnuke

Postby Motivfs » 06 May 2013 01:58

eery wrote:My mother walked in on me watching it and asked what it was. I answered "My little pony" in which her response was "Hah, gay." Then she left.

Ahahahaha I laughed at that, I think of Community from that..

My parents are perfectly fine with it, they don't care. I just watch the show on occasion now anyways, not religiously like before. Other than them, no one else knows I watch it because I don't really care to tell anyone. It's not like I'm special for watching a cartoon that I'm going to go brag and boast about it.
Motivfs

Postby ExoBassTix » 06 May 2013 02:54

I think it's more my parents that avoid talking about it than I am.
Even though I do try to mask it as subtle as possible, without putting in too much effort (if too much, does not care).

I've found out that my brother's a deadly factor in this game of hide and seek. He's like a tattletale that tells the seeker where everybody's hiding.
He tells his friends (which may be fun and all :P but still,) and makes them laugh about it.
My parents have DEFINITELY heard it plenty of times before, also how shameless (surprisingly) I reacted on it (I never bring it up myself), and always when the subject drops, mom n dad shift in their places and don't reply at all. Instead they wait and bring something else up.

Umad parents?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 06 May 2013 02:58

I told my friends and family I watched it OOOOOOooooOOOOOOooooooo
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Nine Volt » 06 May 2013 04:06

I thought this was going to be an aliens thread.
Nine Volt

Postby JSynth » 06 May 2013 06:44

I was watching mlp on the TV with my brother.
My stepmother walks into the room, sees what we are watching and immediately picks the phone to tell her mother that she failed as a parent.

That's about it. I am an open brony. Most of my close friends and family know that I am into the show.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby CDPP » 06 May 2013 06:51

So last week I had some alone time while my roommate was off kayaking. Closed the door,
opened up incognito mode and loaded up good ol' mlp-fim. My roommate tends
to leave our door unlocked so his friends can walk in without knocking.
I try to lock it whenever I leave or watch small little horses, but I don't always remember.
Still, it didn't matter anyways, since they wouldn't be back till the next morning.

I must have fallen asleep, because I woke up in the exact same freaking position.
One earphone still plugged in; applejack keychain on the table; fedora and brony shirt still on.
One moment I'm watching Applebloom get 3 cutie marks and the next it's 10 in the morning
with the door wide open. My roommate and his friends must have returned, and I
could hear them playing xbox outside.

No idea who saw me like that, we haven't spoken of that incident since.

TL:DR Never fall asleep while you're in the middle of doing it.
CDPP

Postby CDPP » 06 May 2013 06:58

eery wrote:
I think you overdosed, dude, thats not healthy, take caution with this shit, its heavy.

I'm not addicted
CDPP

Postby S.P.P » 06 May 2013 07:45

My girlfriend found the pony NSFW folder on my phone. I need to password protect my sh!t ..
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby FLAOFEI » 06 May 2013 09:04

CDPP wrote:
eery wrote:
I think you overdosed, dude, thats not healthy, take caution with this shit, its heavy.

I'm not addicted

Neither am I! I can stop whenever I want!
PYR3LIGHT wrote:My girlfriend found the pony NSFW folder on my phone. I need to password protect my sh!t ..
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh... Gotta burn!

I for one am open about it kinda, but I avoid talking about it to parents to avoid awkwardness, and I was RD for Halloween in school the last year... so allot of those people know me as pony boy...
There was this time before I knew my parents knew... I still don't know if they knew or not... I tried to make them let me go to a con/meetup... but I couldn't tell them what we where gonna do :cry:
I did go to part of it in the end though and it was glorious c:
This year it's way easier, cause now I know they already know.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby S.P.P » 07 May 2013 01:21

Also, I used to play a certain Blizzard MMO, and had a character named Rainbowdash. My Dad asked me what this "brohoof" I kept getting off other players was.
So, I sat him down and gave him 'the talk' ..
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Alycs » 07 May 2013 07:20

Both my parents probably have guessed I'm a brony (or they think I'm mentally unstable) as I have at least 3 posters in my room, and they themselves bought me a shirt (though I gave them a direct link to it, and I had an alibi as to why I wanted it) They've never mentioned it, though, and they don't seem to intend to ever.

As for friends, most of my closest friends are bronies (pegasisters, actually... but yeah), and then the few that aren't are kinda a weird mix of "what is wrong with you", "lol we really don't care", and "Watch it ironically to annoy people"

Like the first time I mentioned it they were "oh god not you too", and now they've actually watched Shed.mov, and one watches it (but for the sole intent on annoying the hell out of her dad, who hates the show with a passion)
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Navron » 07 May 2013 08:07

Family knows it.
Friends know it.
Coworkers know it.
Boss knows it.

Liking a good show isn't a big deal unless you think it's a big deal, and the more secretive you are about it, the more people are going to judge you.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 May 2013 08:17

Alycs wrote:watches it (but for the sole intent on annoying the hell out of her dad, who hates the show with a passion)

*facepalm*
Why the heck. Seriously.

Alycs wrote:my parents bought me an MLP-shirt (though I gave them a direct link to it, and I had an alibi as to why I wanted it)

Teach me. Pretty please :D

Alycs wrote:As for friends, most of my closest friends are bronies (pegasisters, actually... but yeah), and then the few that aren't are kinda a weird mix of "what is wrong with you", "lol we really don't care", and "Watch it ironically to annoy people"

Always. None of my friends are bronies (or pegasisters, for that matter), and they say that they have a huge problem with me being one, but I don't think so. They joke about it and have loads of fun of ridiculing my ... habits, related to MLP of course. It's funny actually. Also slightly pathetic in some ways.

Navron wrote:Liking a good show isn't a big deal unless you think it's a big deal, and the more secretive you are about it, the more people are going to judge you.

Exactly.
Though, full publicity isn't that helpful either... Once, a brony was interviewed for a dutch talkshow, for 'being a brony' (the host introduced this phenomena called 'brony'). The camera moved over his dolls and over him watching the intro, singing along. The audience kinda laughed at him (quite hard), and the host grew really uncomfortable xD "*ahem*"
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Alycs » 07 May 2013 09:07

ExoBassTix wrote:
Alycs wrote:watches it (but for the sole intent on annoying the hell out of her dad, who hates the show with a passion)

*facepalm*
Why the heck. Seriously.

Well, not the only reason; she actually listens to a lot of the music, and has apparently watched the show on a few occasions (she said it was good but not great), but one time her dad caught her watching it and apparently flipped out, so now she purposely watches it in full view to annoy him. (She's also hid her ipod in the ceiling once and set it to loop "Winter Wrap Up")

ExoBassTix wrote:
Alycs wrote:my parents bought me an MLP-shirt (though I gave them a direct link to it, and I had an alibi as to why I wanted it)

Teach me. Pretty please :D

Well, I got a DJ PON3 shirt because I told them it was a music thing, and I got a Twilight "Time for Science" shirt by saying it went with my XKCD shirt. xD

Also, I met a few of my brony friends just randomly. One that I knew was dating a girl from my youth group, and I overheard him being lightly teased about it, and basically I just sat down and just told them that "It really isn't that bad, but its not for everyone," and that seemed to work.

Another I met at another youth group, where he was wearing a 20% Cooler shirt, and I complimented him on it, and he asked if I knew what it was from and I said yeah, and it just went from there (apparently I was the only irl brony he had ever met)

And then I met one when I was playing background music for a friends Open House for her graduation, and I played a version of "This Day Aria", and he just kinda stopped and looked over and gave me a brohoof and walked away...

So yeah... it seems to be a regular occurrence for me (despite not even going to school) xD
Alycs

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 May 2013 18:46

Let me remind you that this is a thread for close encounters, not "everyone knows I am a brony so I don't story". no offense, but...

I had a close encounter the other night. I was switching back and forth between MLR and my homework, and my sister walked in the room right when I was really distracted reading something, and I almost forgot to change the screen. I pressed ALT and TAB but it switched to a window with a picture of a pony on it, and I kind of paniced and switched over to the third window. I was about .1 seconds from being caught.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Magnitude Zero » 07 May 2013 19:03

CDPP wrote:fedora and brony shirt

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby Nine Volt » 07 May 2013 19:05

^every stereotypical brony or internet atheist in a nutshell. The fedora thing, not the person in the gif.

Why exactly does it matter if you're an MLP fan? It's not illegal or disgusting or even that unusual anymore, why bother keeping it such a guarded secret? Just makes it seem worse than it actually is.

Also this thread should totally have been about aliens.
Nine Volt

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 May 2013 19:31

Nine Volt wrote:Also this thread should totally have been about aliens.

Alright, this is now about either close encounters with being caught or aliens. NV wins
Bronies Are Cool

Postby CDPP » 07 May 2013 19:42

There was this one time I was walking along a trail at night alone.
Everything's all nice and quiet until this huge dome spaceship descends
down from the sky and lands right in front of me. I remember this tall
humanoid figure draped in gold just materialized right from the bottom
of its hull; it turned towards me, called me a 'wanker' and along with the ship
vanished out of sight.

Anyone else had this experience? I still get mildly annoyed just thinking about it.
CDPP

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 May 2013 19:48

i used to watch those ufo sightings on youtube late at night in my basement. I would get scared to walk all the way to the top floor in the dark. that was years ago, now I haven't seen any good sightings on youtube in a long time.
I did think i was seeing something in real life one time, but I dismissed it as an airplane because I live by Denver International Airport. (It's pretty much by backyard, I can see planes take off from my room window.) (it's actually about 3 miles away (the runway) and there is a road that leads to it and lets you about 300 feet away from the actual runway. its cool) Anyway, I see planes a lot, and so I don't really think it would be easy to spot a ufo around here. especially since if there were any ufos around here, the air force base peoples would totally chase it or something. (or the base under DIA, the not-so-secret-to-me city under DIA. (its real))
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Alycs » 07 May 2013 19:53

CDPP wrote:There was this one time I was walking along a trail at night alone.
Everything's all nice and quiet until this huge dome spaceship descends
down from the sky and lands right in front of me. I remember this tall
humanoid figure draped in gold just materialized right from the bottom
of its hull; it turned towards me, called me a 'wanker' and along with the ship
vanished out of sight.

Anyone else had this experience? I still get mildly annoyed just thinking about it.

Was that a hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy reference or am I being paranoid?

My grandpa actually worked at Area 51, but he never said what happened there. My dad would ask him when he was a kid, but he said that grandpa just got really silent and just basically said that nothing unusually really happened.
Alycs

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion