Hey guys, look. FL Studio 11

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Hey guys, look. FL Studio 11

Postby ChocolateChicken » 24 Apr 2013 02:18

Image-Line finally released FL Studio 11 everybody.

http://www.image-line.com/documents/flstudio.html
ChocolateChicken

Primary: Logic Pro
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Re: Hey guys, look. FL Studio 11

Postby ChocolateChicken » 24 Apr 2013 02:27

Also, they are celebrating by having a 50% off plugin sale at their online shop. It must be a good day to be an FL user haha. Too bad I'm a Logic Pro guy.
ChocolateChicken

Primary: Logic Pro
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Motivfs » 24 Apr 2013 02:29

Been trying to update mine.. Can't get through to the server sadly.. Probably will have to wait until tomorrow.

Doesn't look too different from 10 other than the performance mode though honestly.
Motivfs

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Apr 2013 02:33

Too lazy; don't even need.

In all seriousness, it looks good, but not like I need it. So I'mma stick with 10.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 24 Apr 2013 03:07

Want...Just...want
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Icky » 24 Apr 2013 03:12

Not that impressed, the warp editor looks clunky in use and the performance mode is terrible compared to Live. The new synths might be interesting but I wouldn't really have any use for them myself. Switched to Ableton Live and judging from this teaser I probably won't look back.
Icky

Postby ph00tbag » 24 Apr 2013 07:55

Saw some things that look interesting, but most of the stuff I need is still perfectly good in 9.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby itroitnyah » 24 Apr 2013 08:13

Hell yeah! Some new toys to play with, and some good features. Anybody know if FL11 supports more than 4GB of RAM now? That's the one thing that they should work on if it can't. I read that they're working on a 64-bit version of FL on an email update they gave me.

Other than that, I'll definitely upgrade when I get home.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Symphon » 24 Apr 2013 08:44

itroitnyah wrote:Hell yeah! Some new toys to play with, and some good features. Anybody know if FL11 supports more than 4GB of RAM now? That's the one thing that they should work on if it can't. I read that they're working on a 64-bit version of FL on an email update they gave me.

Other than that, I'll definitely upgrade when I get home.

I -believe- FL Studio 11 is able to support 64-bit, which would enable past 4GB of ram, so I hope so.

I'm definitely going to upgrade soon. It seems to be taking some steps in the right direction, able to be a bit more lively and quicker workflow. The new VSTs will be nice as well.
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton Live 8
Main VSTs: Harmor, Toxic Biohazard, FM8, Sylenth1, Nexus, Sytrus.
Main genres: Trance, Electro
https://soundcloud.com/choonsofficial/the-prodigy-voodoo-people
Symphon

Cutie Mark: Trance

Postby K3WRO » 24 Apr 2013 08:53

Not too impressed, I like the improvements on the ZGame Visualizer and the new synths seem pretty interesting (Bassdrum? When will I ever use that?).

Patcher improvements are ok, it's just that it looks better (to me)

The UI also looks more cleaner than 9 & 10, That's also my opinion.

The Performance mode came in handy with the launchpad during alpha testing, but compared to Abelton it's really clamped and oversimplified to the point where it's difficult to use, So I will still consider updating Abelton to Full for live purposes (Never going to completely switch to it for music production, Abelton's UI is ugly as fuck, no offence to abelton users)

the server won't let me download it, so I'll get it in a couple weeks, til then, I'll stick with FL 10, well, maybe forever?
Soundcloud : http://www.soundcloud.com/megapie-1
Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/antigravtoast2/featured

-I'm not Dead, I just don't make small horse music anymore-
K3WRO

Primary: Reason
Cutie Mark: Your Face

Postby Ocular » 24 Apr 2013 14:06

For a major release, I'm not too impressed. However, I like some of the VSTs that it comes with. I might give this a try.
inactive
Ocular

Postby Maelstrom » 24 Apr 2013 18:27

Has anyone had any problems with the update? I'm mostly afraid that I'll loose my old work or projects if I update or anything.
I have a Mormon. I have Mormons stashed around everywhere, in case of a Mormon emergency.
- 3MO DJ
Maelstrom

Postby Motivfs » 24 Apr 2013 18:42

Maelstrom wrote:Has anyone had any problems with the update? I'm mostly afraid that I'll loose my old work or projects if I update or anything.

As per Imageline:

"google > 'FL Studio foolproof update' and follow that procedure."

This is after you update to FL 11.
Motivfs

Postby itroitnyah » 24 Apr 2013 18:45

I haven't so far, the only problem you may come across, is that you'll have to copy pasta your files from the FL 10 folder over to the FL 11 folder that's created when downloaded. Then, just get everything set up (samples put in their places, synths located by FL 11 and all that jazz) and then it should properly open up the song file. However, I have not tried opening a WIP file just yet, because I started a new song with FL11 because I was growing tired of my WIP as it was all a jumble after computer transfers, so I just decided to make a new song. But regardless, if you want to experiment and see if it will destroy your file, then just create a complete nonsense file with a few third party synths and third party drums, then save the file, download FL 11, and try to open the file in FL 11, and see what happens
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Postby vladnuke » 27 Apr 2013 23:27

All my fl10 projects opened in fl11, shit is baws. Lovin all the new additions. It's cool, good update.
vladnuke

Postby zorg » 02 May 2013 05:09

itroitnyah wrote:Anybody know if FL11 supports more than 4GB of RAM now? That's the one thing that they should work on if it can't. I read that they're working on a 64-bit version of FL on an email update they gave me.

Opening vsts in bridged mode already bypasses the application limit, so abusing 8 kontakt instances with a lot of libs loaded is perfectly doable in FL10 (and i believe in 9) too; as for audio tracks / samples and internal instruments/effects, you'll need to wait for the 64bit version. (exception: audiotracks stored on disk option helps conserve ram)

Motivfs wrote:Doesn't look too different from 10 other than the performance mode though honestly.

Some overall graphic options, the ability to draw freehand notes in the piano roll and a few new effects/instruments.
^feel free to disregard | genres... what are those? | :3
[collabgeddon] - too much time passed for this
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Primary: ILyEAN (v0.0.0.0) [Designing Phase]
Cutie Mark: Usually Invisible

Postby Friv » 03 May 2013 18:17

itroitnyah wrote:I haven't so far, the only problem you may come across, is that you'll have to copy pasta your files from the FL 10 folder over to the FL 11 folder that's created when downloaded. Then, just get everything set up (samples put in their places, synths located by FL 11 and all that jazz) and then it should properly open up the song file. However, I have not tried opening a WIP file just yet, because I started a new song with FL11 because I was growing tired of my WIP as it was all a jumble after computer transfers, so I just decided to make a new song. But regardless, if you want to experiment and see if it will destroy your file, then just create a complete nonsense file with a few third party synths and third party drums, then save the file, download FL 11, and try to open the file in FL 11, and see what happens

Or you could just go into the options menu and have it include FL 10's "data" folder in the browser, without having to move a boatload of files :P
(ssssssh I wasn't here)
Well I'm pretty much done with this site (it wasn't about the April Fool's joke I actually loved that). If for some reason somebody wants to contact me or something (not like any of you even care lol):
email: [email protected]
Friv

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 08 May 2013 21:04

I'mma update eventually.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Return to Off-Topic Discussion