Your Top Five Favorite Brony Songs

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Your Top Five Favorite Brony Songs

Postby Senator Myth » 17 Sep 2011 18:29

Let's do links instead of embeds this time. We're probably familiar with most of the songs we'll be listing.

Number Five: I Love Everything by Jackle App
http://soundcloud.com/jackle-app/i-love-everything
Let's face it: Jackle made an extraordinarily beautiful song here. It gets at the heart and gives you goosebumps at its climax, and all in all it's just wonderful. We all can tell that it's not perfect, but that's okay: it stands on its own without it. Maybe if it had been a bit more polished it could have occupied the top of the list (or at least second place), but perhaps not: perhaps its spontaneity of emotion is part of its charm. Either way, it's definitely one of my personal favorites, and my favorite song from who may all-around be my favorite brony musician. Thank you, Jackle, for this beautiful song.

Number Four: Fluttershy Likes Being Nice by Foozogz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBftbAMBnOg
This song surprised me when I first heard it: it's very simply beautiful and upbeat. I love the melody, the chords, the percussion, absolutely everything about it. There's just so much upbeat energy about the song that I JUST WANTED TO KEEP SMILING FOREVER. If I ever get good at composing electronic music, this is what I hope I can make it sound like. Everything just comes together so well in this song, I can't help but be happy hearing it. I know that's something a sappy YouTube commenter would say, but it's true: to me, this song is the distilled essence of happiness. Excellent job, Foozgooz.

Number Three: She's a Pony Remix by Glaze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t38DPnkDjTM
I don't even know what to say about this song. It blew me away when I first heard it, and it continues to do so. It perfectly combines elements of orchestral sea-shanty stuff and some electronic genre or another I wouldn't know how to name (I've embarassed myself enough misusing those terms, so I'm just going to stick to the blanket term "electronic"). The autotuned Pinkie vocals, and the harmony thereof, are extremely well done. It doesn't even sound like they were autotuned; and I mean that rhythmically AND harmonically. All in all just an extremely well-done and effective song. I blast this song relatively often because it works so. damn. well. Glaze: you impress me immensely. Thank you for this song.

Number Two: Thoughts of Twilight by Overkillius
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZOrPcWbrJI
This is the most beautiful and most complete classical song on here. It's not weird and alien (Sorry DrDissonance!) but it's also not overdone and charged with ridiculous amounts of energy and timpanispam like my orchestral bullshit. Maybe some orchestral music by like Makkon or something is more enjoyable at first glance, but this is the best piece by far that the fandom has produced that is actually classical instead of merely "orchestral", if that makes sense. Everything flows together beautifully in the song, and it's packed with a great deal of raw emotion. It's not trying to be too fast or bombastic or catchy or in my face. In short, it's wonderful. I wasn't lying, Overk, when I repeatedly said I love this song. Make more music like this in the future, my friend.

Number One: Sparks and Sprinters by Derpy Grooves
http://soundcloud.com/derpygrooves/lullashy
This song blows me away when I listen to it. It brought tears to mine eyes the first time I listened to it, and it continues to have a powerful emotional impact on me. It's absolutely perfect: the rain samples, the panning guitar, the chords Grooves used, the brokenness of the flute, the poignancy of the vocals (which I know he didn't write, but that doesn't change the fact that they're fantastic). The vocal harmonies are also perfect. In fact, I would wager that I would love this song just as much as if it weren't about ponies. But it is, and in a very viscerally emotional way. Grooves, from what I can tell, you don't hold this song in very high regard yourself, but I cannot convey how much I love it, nor praise it enough. To me, it is my very favorite song our fandom has produced.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Re: Your Top Five Favorite Brony Songs

Postby Interrobang Pie » 17 Sep 2011 21:39

Oooh, a good listing thing for once. However, I don't really listen to many songs (GAHAHAHAH).

5) Foozogz's FLUTTER (Baby Dragon Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_NvUOJ9JXk
Hahaha, YTPMVs often make me discover more music. This remix is really great, and so is the original (and the actual original).

4) Glaze's She's a Pony Remix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t38DPnkDjTM
Another three-tier remix!! You sure did justice to Mumble's epicness, which also did much justice to the original. That one lead synth is so crazy crazy man. HOW DO?!?

3) PPS' Flutterwonder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viTkj0eu-fk
Vocal mixing goodness! I love this - very relaxed and cool, and the sounds are sweet. Trying to make comprehensible lyrics of an incomprehensible song is also fun - "DEEP PIE BELL WONDER". Once you've read a set of lyrics, you can't unhear them, gahahah.

2) Kil's Winter Wrap Up Boss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93C6gqdEej0
Oh man, this song. This song is as catchy as fuck - the melody keeps moving, and it was very fun to work with to turn into Wily Invades Equestria. It still remains my favourite version of Winter Wrap Up in minor. Even if the waveform samples are not the best, I can respect a good chiptune. This is a very very good chiptune.

1) Jackle's I Love Everything
http://soundcloud.com/jackle-app/i-love-everything
And finally, this one. This honestly took me by surprise when I heard it first - the violins in the middle were really fucking pro, but I got disappointed because I thought the ending would just be a lazy cut with a boring "I love everything" sample chucked in. I was wrong. I got hit by the most beautiful and most powerful autotuning I have ever heard. This song is genius and I love it to pieces. I'm not sure how you did it Jackle, but you got me to completely and utterly adore a chill song. A fucking chill song. My congratulations to you, Jackle, because YOU'RE WINNER!!

Other Songs I Can Respect Zone
Andy Feelin's Derpy Hooves
NRG's At the Gala Orchestral
Makkon's Waltz for Trixie (and certainly not it's awful awful remix)
Jeffthestrider's Positive Qualities (RWII had the best challenge pieces, I think.)
Mumble's Cotoponi

Confession Zone
I've never listened to New Lunar Republic in its entirety. Actually, I haven't listened to a lot of songs in their entirety. Maybe I am just too impatient.

I feel the need for a bottom five thread. Eheheheheeheh.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby MichaelA » 17 Sep 2011 21:52

Interrobang Pie wrote:(BLAHBLAHTEXT)...I feel the need for a bottom five thread. Eheheheheeheh.

1 - Keo
2 - Keo
3 - Keo
4 - Keo
5 - Keo
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Postby Interrobang Pie » 17 Sep 2011 21:54

Interrobang Pie wrote:I feel the need for a bottom five thread. Eheheheheeheh.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Versilaryan » 18 Sep 2011 00:06

In no particular order:

Eurobeat Telegram - Not a Clever Pony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o1aepGl7m8
He makes a catchy song and makes it even catchier. Plus cool atmospheric effects. Maybe it's how seamlessly it transitions from major to parallel minor and back to parallel major. Maybe it's how it's easily identifiable, horribly repetitive, but somehow given soul and a hell of a lot of emotion. It's the perfect mix of Eurobeat's catchy, complicated riffs and Notaclever's simple but powerful hooks, IMO.

Defense of Canterlot - Bagpipe Brony x ArtAttack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78fHRLo5QI
They made orchestrastep before I could claim I was the first. xD Oh well. This is my chief example whenever I talk about how we should be embracing electronic music, not shunning it. Also my chief example to people who blindly hate dubstep with no real reason.

Winter Wrap Up - DJ Amaya
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E80LeGAE0cQ
He captures that warm-but-cool feeling sooo well in this remix. I LOVE pieces that do that, especially if they're about fall/winter. And he amplifies the emotional high points of the song.

FiM Instrumental Medley - NRGFORCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdsgiA0yLLs
It's just too catchy. JUST TOO CATCHY. (I listened to this on infinite repeat when I first found this.)

Applejack's Stage - RainbowCrash88
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inlhwCRS4fQ
I LOVE that chromatic synth line. This song, and other stuff RainbowCrash88's writing, is the chief reason I'm waiting for Fighting Is Magic right now.
Versilaryan

Postby Andy Feelin » 18 Sep 2011 01:39

I haven't heard all the brony music!
So I post "the most favourite" from what I've heard

5. Keep On Rockin' - Spin That Record
4. Bagpipe Brony befriends iamnotcleverpony - New Lunar Republic
3. Glaze - Rainbow Factory
2. Makkon befriends Jeffthestrider - No Strings Attached
1. Eurobeat Brony / Odyssey - Luna

I will not make any reviews like previous posters did, I can't explain why I like these tracks!
Favourite pony: Fluttershy
Genre: eurodance, 80's italo-disco, synthpop
Soft: FL studio 5
Hard: CASIO CTK-900, ALISA 1387, Elsita RMIF e-drumset, Epiphone Embassy bass guitar
YouTube
Discography on MLR (latest update: 2004 - Margarita)
Andy Feelin

Postby General Mumble » 18 Sep 2011 16:15

Expect short descriptions about why I like these that do no justice. I have a headache.

5) Sadsic - Honey (ft. sci)
Because it's just... beautiful, sci and Sadsic seem to go together like... two things that go well together.
I enjoy a lot of Sadsic's stuff, and I especially enjoy sci's stuff, almost all of it, which is weird.

4) Glaze - She's a Pony Remix
When I wrote the original to this, I knew it was missing something, but could never think what. Then this remix came along and capitalised on everything that was good in my version and made it better by miles. I enjoy every second of it, which I can't say so much for my original.

3) Alex S. - What A World(Feat. Steven Magnet)
I fell in love with this the second the music started. It's pleasing on every level, and I much prefer this sort of thing to his dubstep. Nothing bad about his dubstep, in fact I prefer it to a lot of dubstep I hear, but I just don't enjoy dubstep.

2) PinkiePieSwear - Trixie's Good Side
I will never stop loving this song. Never. It blew me away in Remix War II, and I appreciate it more with every listen.

1) sci vs. Chain Algorithm - Vinyl Finds a Fight
I don't see this moving in a hurry. I have little to say because my headache just got a lot worse, but it has topspot in my list with every good reason. The style, the sound, the vibe- Everything is just bliss.
Something, something, ponies.
Something, something, friendship.
General Mumble

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Poo

Postby [voodoopony] » 18 Sep 2011 20:52

In no particular order,

Tarby - [Toastbread Entry]
Speaking of that, I gotta finish mixing it...
AbranteDr - You Do That Thing [Pinkie Pie Mix]
Very underrated brony right there.
Sand Josieph - Pinkie Pied Piper
When I'm opening cans of tuna, this is the ultimate theme.
Makkon - Waltz for Trixie
'Nuff sed.
PinkiePieSwear - Art of the Dress
Was hard to choose a top from PPS so I chose the first I heard from him. Definitely my favorite brony artist.

I'll probably change my mind in a few minutes.
Last edited by [voodoopony] on 21 Sep 2011 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: May cause rapid chest hair growth.
Youtube - Bandcamp
[voodoopony]

Postby Dethonator » 19 Sep 2011 20:27

My, my...my top 5 is what you'd expect from a musician of my taste:

5. PinkiePieSwear - FlutterWonder
I like Fluttershy, that's already enough said. As "repetitive" as some of the melody and chord progression may be to some, I like it, and the layers added with Fluttershy's voice really grabs me by the ear.

4. ChainAlgorithm - Little Girl on a scooter
I'll be honest, I live the Key that song is in. Buckethead's Soothsayer, Judas Priest's Beyond the Realms of Death, the CMC theme, and half the In Flames catalog made me fell in love with the key. Add some fast drumming and extra layers of synth, and I am taken on a journey.

3. AcousticBrony - La Couturière
I've been paying attention to AcousticBrony for a long time, since he had less than 100 subscribers and most of his music were poorly recorded. To me, it didn't matter because as a guitarist, I know recording rock music is extremely difficult. But I knew that he had great compositional skills, which is why I invited him for the Brony Metal Massacre project. He then told me he got better recording equipment. The moment I heard this few months later, I forwarded this link to all my friends and then told all my subscribers to subscribe to him.

2. ISMBOF - Gimme RD
Now here is someone who can record guitars and drums on a professional level. He's only 15, too. I nearly broke my headphones headbanging to this. The post-hardcore feel also screamed Rainbow Dash, with this being the music she listens to as she flys in the Young Fliers competition.

1. Hatesteed - Cutie Mark Crusaders Power Metal
The CMC theme is my favorite, since it is the closest song to metal. Hatesteed's version of this song grabbed me in the first 5 seconds, and the guitar work reeled me in, too. Also, harmonic vocals were nice. I believe this is the most popular serious metal composition in the brony music scene.
Dethonator

Postby ismbof » 22 Sep 2011 06:17

I'm not going to do a top five thing but let me just list some I just simply love. There are to many great songs! Let's see here...

1) Foozogz - "Fluttershy Likes Being Nice" (which i'm listening to right now)
I just love the lead melodies in this song. It so catchy!
2) PinkiePieSwear - "Flutterwonder"
Her voice, the editing, the trance instrumental, PinkiePieSwear, it’s all great!
3) PinkieGuy/NeedsMoreDjent - "For the Solar Empire”
-Because there needs to be more djent/metalcore. He needs to finalize that shit, brah! It would be high in my top 5 if it had better mixing/mastering!
4) Norris3942 - "Flutter"
I made a remix for remix war round of this song!
5) Chain Algorithm - "Chillin' in Ponyville"
I just love dat chord progression! It’s used in a lot of my songs, actually. Just play out differently. I've been in love with that sort of arrangement before I was even into ponies!
6) Alex S - "Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme Song (Alex S. Dubstep Remix)"
One of the first actual remixes from the community I heard.
7) Nate/Gabe Brown - “Proud to be a Brony”
I absolutely love the acoustic guitar in this song! The vocals were outstanding and lyrically clever! It gives me nostalgia of when I used to listen to the “WOW Christian Hits” series of albums in my childhood. Like Chris Rice (I think) and Newsboys!

See! There are just too many I love in this community!
yeah...
ismbof

Postby Triangle Brony » 22 Sep 2011 10:42

8. Anyone you hate - Anything You Don't Like
*hipster glasses*
7. PinkiePieSwear - For The New Lunar Republic
PinkiePieSwear created not just a great song but a meme!
FOR THE NEW LUNAR REPUBLIC! FOR LUNA!
6. Unknown - Untitled
I don't remember the song and the guy wrote it but it was a god-tier tune.
5. Chain Algorithm - Sonic Representation of a Rainbow Slowed Down 1 Trillion Times
That guy knows about rainbows much more than all of you here.
4. Supersaw Hoover - gPrOeWaEtRaFnUdL
Someday I will write like this guy. These bass sounds! So much passion!
3. DJ Keo - Every song is awesome. Pick any
Flawless. Brilliant. Magnificent. Great. Perfect.
2. Jackle App - I Love Everything
No comments. It should be on this list.
1. Triangle Brony - Super WIP pre-alpha Most Epic Song In The Whole World
I just love that guy.
Triangle Brony

Postby JackleApp » 22 Sep 2011 11:38

Yo Triangle, NotACleverPony made "For The New Lunar Republic"
Check yo facts, friend.
Image DA MAGIKS
JackleApp

Postby Pinkie Cake » 22 Sep 2011 13:16

5. ArtAttack - TWALAGHT SPAHRKULZ BALOOWN
It's dubstep and filthy. What's not to like?

4. Jackle App - I Love Everything
Every time I listen to this I just sink into Fluttershy's voice. Perfect!

3. Alex S. (feat Ghost) - Melting Pot of Alcohol
Awesome, catchy, hilarious. Did I mention awesome? Yes? Well... It's awesome!

2. Derpy Hooves - Me and my so called ponies [Lyra, Octava and Vinyl Scratch]
Orchestral breakcore. Venetian Snares style. I have a weakness for songs like these.

1. Supersaw Hoover - gPrOeWaEtRaFnUdL
No words can explain the feeling that I have when I hear that bass at the beggining. No comments. Just wonderful!

EDIT: I couldn't fit it all in...
Other songs that didn't get into my list :D
Omnipony - Forever Asleep
Foozogz - A Typical Magic Show
Glaze - Rainbow Factory
KeepOnRockin' - Spin That Record Vinyl Scratch
The Marking Dude - Dirty Androids VS Pony Punk - Golden Cupcakes

If you're not on the list, that means, that I haven't listened for your song at least 10 times in row :lol:
Last edited by Pinkie Cake on 22 Sep 2011 14:41, edited 3 times in total.
Pinkie Cake

Postby Makkon » 22 Sep 2011 13:32

Looks like I'm really not that popular

5. Theme from Fighting is Magic - Applejack's Stage by RainbowCrash88
4. I Love Everything by Jackle App
3. Rainbow Factory by Glaze/WoodenToaster
2. Lower the Moon by Notacleverpony
1. Flutterwonder by PinkiePieSwear
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Aussie » 22 Sep 2011 14:02

Makkon wrote:Looks like I'm really not that popular

At least you're in a list. ;(

5. My Destiny Is A Rock (Voodoopony Remix)
4. Spitfire (Silva Hound VIP)
3. Friendship is Magic (Alex S. Glitch Remix)
2. Forever Asleep
1. Something Broke: The Continuing Tale Of Pinkie Pie & Ponycide (why hasn't this been listed yet?)

Expect this list to change dramatically when the Remix War is over.
Aussie

Postby Interrobang Pie » 22 Sep 2011 14:51

Aussie wrote:At least you're in a list. ;(

ikr
Interrobang Pie

Postby General Mumble » 22 Sep 2011 15:51

This is now where we all gather and cry about how nopony loves us.

Okay, well not all of us. Glaze, if you read this, leave.
General Mumble

Postby MichaelA » 22 Sep 2011 16:49

General Mumble wrote:This is now where we all gather and cry about how nopony loves us.

Okay, well not all of us. Glaze, if you read this, leave.

Preach it, brother!
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Postby Triangle Brony » 24 Sep 2011 00:53

Honestly, I have not "Top n favorite", I love all your songs (except I Love Everything by Jackle App) but I have some I especially like:
Interrobang Pie - Clash With Dash

General Mumble - Hydra Pulse (Glitcha-twitch Remix)

Michael Arellano - Luna's Anthem
Triangle Brony

Postby General Mumble » 24 Sep 2011 09:27

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo

Finally I can sleep at night.

Oh hey, and Ipie can too.

You know what that means ~~
General Mumble

Postby X-Trav » 29 Sep 2011 06:13

(this was way too hard)

5.DJAlexS-My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Intro (Alex S. Glitch Remix)

This is the bounciest, funnest, and just about the most awesome remix I know. The glitch in this is perfect, which I have a very hard time finding, and the beats are unprecedentedly awesome. This is just something you can blast in a room full of non-bronies, and it'd still be awesome.

4.JackleApp-Summer

As Jackle Apps homage to Owl City it's perfect. Like Jackle states in the description "His stuff is pretty damn catchy... it's like a guilty pleasure".

I'm not guilty though, this song is a pleasure. I love, cheesy sad love songs, and Jackle hits the nail on the head. The music is fun, and the synths just pleasant. I find myself singing along way too often. It's just such an innocent song, and its hard to not drift away in it.

3.PinkiePieSwear-Flutterwonder

I'm not sure what to call this. All I know is it gets me cheeky as fuck. This song is pure beauty. I don't know how PPS managed to cut fluttershy's voice so well, but it happened, and I love it. It's impossible to feel bad while listening to this.

2.Dr. Dissonance-Luna's Lament

While this is number #2, this one is the one most special to me on the list. This was the first brony song that caught my attention and led me here. First off it bad me feel really sad for Luna, and led me to think about her story more, which in turn made me a strong brony. Second its a piano solo, my all time favorite musical style. It just captures that celestial feeling perfectly. Listening to this just makes me want to look up at the sky, it's a great piece, and very inspired.

1.EuroBeat Brony-Luna (Dream Mode)|Wooden Toaster-Rainbow Factory

I cant choose, god damn it. I love these two so much.

Luna (dream mode) is awesome, once again, I'm a sucker for love songs, and this is just perfect. it combines LUNA and unrequited love, a double whammy of things I love.

"Luna wont you cry for me
I'm as lonely as i'll ever be"

I just cant stress how great this song is, the production value is about the best I've heard in this community, and EBB's voice matches the style of music, so well. I often loop this song over and over, and maybe let out a little fan girl sequel when I shuffle my iphone and this plays.

Rainbow Factory is the same way, I just love how the voice and the music go together so well, but Rainbow Factory, is the song I blast at 11. It's a downright bad ass song, the synth is so heavy, it's easy to get lost. The strings compliment every last second of the piece.

And the thing that takes the cake in Rainbow factory, is that there was a week deadline for it. THAT is talent people.
Long time pianist and mediocrity extraordinaire.

Current Projects:
Manestream media
    EOE003
Call of The Crusaders
Album
X-Trav

Postby SuperGiantRobot » 29 Sep 2011 12:39

I still think Fluttershy Likes Being Nice is too spastic for the source material.
SuperGiantRobot

Postby Whitetail » 29 Sep 2011 17:56

In no particular order really

Senator Myth Befriends Circuitfry Raining Stars

This piece is just mesmerizingly beautiful. I can't really put my hand on it any specific way but it's so creative and yet at the same time enticing to listen to.

Sci as Supersaw Hoover: Quickdrop

I don't know whether or not to call this acid, death squeee or what but that's some crazy synth work you have going on there.

Derpidety: Final Fall of the Lunar Republic

I'm a sucker for post rock and this is just so chill it's quite amazing, it says so much despite it's simplicity.

Silva Hound: Bon Bon

Freaking catchy, what more do I need to say

Circuitfry and CatMilly: Luna remix

This piece is just amazing in my opinion, it's really stuck with me for a while and even when I come back to it, it sounds just as amazing as the time I first heard it. It brilliantly takes the original song out of context while still being recognizable, that's exactly how I'd define a good remix. I also really like the emotion in the song and the video made for it compliments it perfectly.

I still think Fluttershy Likes Being Nice is too spastic for the source material.

Can't tell if trolling or....
Last edited by Whitetail on 08 Oct 2011 10:45, edited 2 times in total.
Whitetail

Postby SuperGiantRobot » 29 Sep 2011 18:20

I'm not trolling. I think it's too fast and excitable for somepony like Fluttershy.
SuperGiantRobot

Postby FoozogzPepperBrony » 07 Oct 2011 10:11

SuperGiantRobot wrote:I'm not trolling. I think it's too fast and excitable for somepony like Fluttershy.

Not all Fluttershy songs have to be quiet and slow, you know. I tried to capture the feeling many people get when they see Fluttershy act the way she is. An ode to adorable, if you will.
DAW: Ableton
HELLO, OLD FRIENDS~
FoozogzPepperBrony

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion