Everything DotA, LoL and HoN.

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Everything DotA, LoL and HoN.

Postby Icky » 01 Jul 2011 12:04

So who else here is an avid DotA, LoL and/or HoN player?
I have been playing LoL since it came out of beta, and started playing HoN a few months ago aswell.
And altough I'm pretty rubbish at them, they are highly addictive and loads of fun (and rage-inducing from time to time)

I play both games pretty casual myself, never really touched ranked in LoL and I'm playing a lot of non-stats in HoN. I usually play int casters in HoN, and I play cardmaster almost exclusively in LoL.

Feel free to add me if you ever feel like doing a game together.
LoL EU server (EU West when they split them): Killhamster
HoN: Applejack`
Icky

Re: Everything DotA, LoL and HoN.

Postby Whitetail » 01 Jul 2011 12:09

I used to play Wc3 a lot, but the thing is Dota players don't exactly let people who are new to the game get in so I never really had the chance to play (join, by the time you get items/or go to fight you start getting "Noob" "ban him" and of course rage quits at the first kill, they never did come off as a friendly community from what I saw).
Whitetail

Postby Icky » 01 Jul 2011 12:14

Derpy Hooves wrote:I used to play Wc3 a lot, but the thing is Dota players don't exactly let people who are new to the game get in so I never really had the chance to play (join, by the time you get items/or go to fight you start getting "Noob" "ban him" and of course rage quits at the first kill, they never did come off as a friendly community from what I saw).

Yeah, never played DotA myself. only knew a shitty hands up song by basshunter of the same name untill I discovered LoL. LoL is pretty approachable, it has a levelsystem so you begin playing against people that are just as new as you and it's also free. HoN is a bit harder to get into, and also has a harsher community.
Icky

Postby Overkillius » 01 Jul 2011 14:32

I actually got into DotA back in WC3. I was lucky to have someone that wanted to play with me that could 1v5 Good players. So I didn't have to worry so much about sucking because he easily picked up the slack. When HoN got into closed beta I was currently very happy playing Savage2 with my friends so we all got keys. None of us were really good at DotA but me and another friend (which I haven't actually talked to in a while hopefully he is a brony by now) Played alot of games. I think by the time the Game came out we were able to stay in the high 1600 psr range for normal mode matches. We then got in to APB (WHICH WE WERE AWESOME AT... too bad the devs drove it into the ground. also we are not interested in playing apb reloaded) and we met some people (now that I think about I actually wrote our guild's theme song... which everyone liked... I'll have to try and dig that out of my brain sometime) and started a guild with them. They got me into LoL which I didn't like as much as HoN. (Not that I am trying to start any controversy here. We can all be reasonable ponies with opinions). And now I pretty much don't play any Arena Strategy games at all. I am, however, interested in Blizzard DotA and Valve's DotA2. I also agree with the harsh arena strategy community. They rage ALOT, especially at people that don't share their opinions in games.

Kind of off topic but I played a little bit of Bloodline Champions and some SC2 arena strategy games. I didn't like any of the SC2 DotA games though (I believe the most popular one was/is Storm of the Imperial Sanctum. When I think about it I don't think it even deserves a mention)

edit: I am probably out of practice but it would be cool if some people from the pony community wanted to get together in skype or a ts and play some arena strategy games.
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby Icky » 01 Jul 2011 15:05

Nowadays PSR doesnt really matter that much anymore, It's all about matchmaking and MMR. I've got a 1570 PSR but a 1470 MMR. I'm pretty rubbish at this game and usually stay away from matchmaking.

I dont feel like starting the endless LoL vs. HoN wars either. I prefer HoN but LoL has Twisted Fate who is
honestly my favorite hero across both games, too bad I really miss a lot of the gameplay elements that HoN and DotA have.

I've played Bloodline Champions when it was in beta, but it really lacked depth in my opinion. the game isn't really comparable to DotA-like games, it's more like WoW Arena.
I'm not really interested in Blizz DotA, but I will probably try out DotA 2.

That'd be neat, I bet there are plenty of bronies playing LoL (everyone seems to be playing LoL nowadays, I played it before it became cool hipstershy.jpg) and we have a ponyclan going on in HoN aswell.
Icky

Postby Kie » 02 Jul 2011 08:33

I started playing LoL a couple weeks ago when one of my mates dragged me into it, I still suck at it but I've found it to be pretty fun. Can't say I've tried any of the other games and I'd have to find some friends to play it with, so I just stick to being shouted out to quit and how I should get reported in LoL, always makes my evenings that much brighter.
Kie

Postby Rainbow Hash » 02 Jul 2011 09:53

Started playing LoL in beta, and just recently got into it again. I've tried HoN but just never really got into it since my friends all played LoL. If you want to win you've pretty much got to have premades. I think the draw for me is the teamwork needed for the game, it's so much more fun and strategic than most games out there IMO.

I'm thinking I should give HoN another shot, but when DotA 2 comes out I know I'm going to switch to that right away, from what I've seen it seems like they are creating the game the community has been asking for, and they're doing it right.

I'm down to play with any bronies, my US server name is Hestur.
Rainbow Hash

Return to Off-Topic Discussion