--Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread First

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: --Introduction Thread--

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 05 Jul 2011 04:57

Hi ya'll I'm Robbie Dez, but I go by Bagpipe Brony on MLP related work and places.
I got into music composition my last year of High School and I sucked lol. But I've been doing it ever since and have of course, improved a great deal. I'm majoring in music at a community college hoping to get to USC to study film scoring to be a (you guessed it) Film composer ^^. I also love to draw and appreciate the talent others have for it. I go by Bagpipe Brony because I play bagpipes.
-I am a metal,rock,pop,folk,dubstep,techno,and orchestral fan and write in all these styles.
-I play bagpipes, tin whistle, accordion, piano, guitar, and I cossack dance as well.

Sequencer of choice (but not limited to): FL Studio (and I'm pursuing Cubase5)

Favorite Ponies: Rainbow Dash and Applejack.
not main 6: Vinyl Scratch and Derpy Hooves
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Postby Lenich » 05 Jul 2011 16:54

Hi everypony!
My name is Leonid and i'm from Russia. :)

I love writing covers of various music and almost do not know how to create something of my own.
Studied sound engineering by myself, I like it even more than the music itself.
I am drawnig a bit (but at a newbee level), and I am trying to reach as much creative fields as it is possible. :)
I work in Cubase5 (for Live music and orchestra) and FL5 (for electronic and sampled only music).

and I absolutely shitty writing in English. Google translate helps, but it is still difficult :)
sorry for my english...
Lenich

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 05 Jul 2011 19:38

Lenich wrote:I am drawing a bit (but at a newbee level)

At a newbee level? That picture you drew in 'The Fanart Thread' is amazing! Totally NOT newbee level!!! :D

Oh and wlecome everyone, we all hope you enjoy your time here!!!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Mosche Swaggenberger » 07 Jul 2011 00:13

HELLO EVERYHORSE. IAmNotACleverPony and PinkiePieSwear recommended this site to me. I have a song but I'm not gonna post it until the video is done. I think you guys are gonna like it though.

I actually had a passing acquaintance with Makkon on the Facepunch Studios forums a few years ago before he went away to do good deeds and stuff. He probably doesn't remember me though.

Anyway I like the pony show. I have watched all the episodes except for the last one. I'm afraid to watch it, because if I do, there won't be any more to watch.
Mosche Swaggenberger

Postby Artemus » 07 Jul 2011 00:36

Whoops! I posted a discography and then trotted around like that jerk at the party who invited himself. You know, THAT guy who just waltzes in with his half-decent piano work and just makes himself comfortable.

What
A
Douche

Anyway, folks on the internet call me Artemus. It's what I answer to in certain RL settings as well. I'm a musician by trade, and a writer by boredom. Unfortunately, I'm largely unable to combine the two. Overkillius showed me this place after we went to Opera (because we're in the same performance.)

Now that I'm here, I'll just help myself to the mini-bar.
~"This piece, needs more Piano. Like two cubic tons of Piano, in a small pile just over there."~

Artemus

Postby Mosche Swaggenberger » 07 Jul 2011 00:40

Is a pony opera on the horizon?
Mosche Swaggenberger

Postby Artemus » 07 Jul 2011 00:50

Mosche Swaggenberger wrote:Is a pony opera on the horizon?

....Carmen...in pony form.

~Ponies coming, ponies going, here and there, in the square! Strolling along and trotting by, strolling along and trotting by. Nopony knows! Nopony knows the reason why!~

You're onto something there.
~"This piece, needs more Piano. Like two cubic tons of Piano, in a small pile just over there."~

Artemus

Postby Mosche Swaggenberger » 07 Jul 2011 00:58

Or a musical.

I LIKE TO BE IN EQUESTRIA
OK BY ME IN EQUESTRIA
Mosche Swaggenberger

Postby Artemus » 07 Jul 2011 01:02

Mosche Swaggenberger wrote:Or a musical.

I LIKE TO BE IN EQUESTRIA
OK BY ME IN EQUESTRIA

OH MY GOD. That's one of the performances we're doing! (only that song was taken out.)

Mind = Blown

Artemus

Postby Mosche Swaggenberger » 07 Jul 2011 01:06

THERE ARE PO-NIES IN EQUESTRIAAAAAA
Mosche Swaggenberger

Postby aap998 » 09 Jul 2011 12:57

Hello!

let me introduce myself :)

-I'm dutch, I live in Israel.
-I'm a lot into all sorts of digital and traditional arts.
-I love to lurk polycount. (my username is Lampekap)
-I failed miserably to make anything nice with cubase, but i'm not giving up! I'm glad I got referred to this site :)
-My favorite pony is fluttershy and RAINBOW DASH of course!
aap998

Postby Makkon » 09 Jul 2011 23:04

Mosche Swaggenberger: Really? What name did you go by while you were there? (man that place got crazy...) How've you been?!?

And a pony musical...... mylittleremix project....this must happen :O

aap998: Welcome, man! My mom visited Israel on several occasions, I've always wanted to check out the mount of olives. And you're a fellow polycounter! XD
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Overkillius » 09 Jul 2011 23:59

Makkon wrote:And a pony musical...... mylittleremix project....this must happen :O

I want to sing and write for it. probably not a good Idea to sing and write for it, that would make me come off as an idiot... who does that? *remembers Mozart pretty much wrote and preformed his own piano concertos* Too bad I suck in comparison.
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby Artemus » 10 Jul 2011 19:53

Overkillius wrote:
Makkon wrote:And a pony musical...... mylittleremix project....this must happen :O

I want to sing and write for it. probably not a good Idea to sing and write for it, that would make me come off as an idiot... who does that? *remembers Mozart pretty much wrote and preformed his own piano concertos* Too bad I suck in comparison.

I dunno man, West Side Ponies sounds pretty swingin'. Think about it:

We're Colts! The greatest!! When you're a colt you're the top hat in town, you're the gold metal filly that holds up a crown!

Or

Say it loud and there's music playing, say it soft and it's like praying. Rarity, I'll never stop saying Rarity....

Or as was pointed out earlier.

I want to be in Equestria....

Artemus

Postby Overkillius » 11 Jul 2011 02:13

Artemus wrote:We're Colts! The greatest!! When you're a colt you're the top hat cat in town, you're the gold metal filly that holds up a crown!

don't tell me you sang the wrong words in the performance :[
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby PinkieGuy » 11 Jul 2011 02:37

Hi guys! I'm Rob, although I mostly go by NerdOfTheYear externally, and PinkieGuy on here.

Quick Facts:
- I'm Australian
- Studying Law/Commerce at Uni (3/5 years done)
- I'm a leo, and I love long walks on the beach... couldn't resist.

Quick-And-Relevant Facts:
- I'm a multi-instrumentalist: Guitar, saxophone, clarinet, piano, I sing and I scream/growl for my metal music.
- I play guitar in a sydney based Prog Metal band called Ex Curia and also play and sing in a local metalcore band called Before Yoko Arrives.
- I write/record alot of rock/metal guitar based work, which is splattered all over the internet.
- I also write and remix techno, dubstep and hardstyle music, although i'm a little out of practice. MLP:FiM got me back into writing electronic music again.
- Favourite ponies: Pinkie Pie because she reminds me of childhood and Rarity because I can relate to her perfectionism.
Last edited by PinkieGuy on 11 Jul 2011 04:41, edited 1 time in total.
JackleApp wrote:THIS IS A HEINOUS ABUSE OF POWER BUT

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
PinkieGuy

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby RobotPony » 11 Jul 2011 02:54

PinkieGuy wrote:I play guitar in a sydney based Prog Metal band called Ex Curia

I am intrigued. Do you guys have a website?
RobotPony

Postby PinkieGuy » 11 Jul 2011 04:08

We have a Myspace and a few other similar social media sites, but we've stripped most of the music from them. We're currently redoing recordings of everything we have as our previous stuff was a mix of at least 6 different recording interfaces, so no continuity.

Here is an example though:

http://soundcloud.com/jamesdevlin/satur ... -piano-mix

Favourite part is probably 13:10 until the end.

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
PinkieGuy

Postby RobotPony » 11 Jul 2011 21:09

So, I listened to it! It was pretty good. I had a hard time understanding the vocals a lot, so maybe you should turn them up or in some way make them more distinct from the rest of it. I liked the piano, it was a nice contrast from the guitar. That's something else I should note: I am not a big metal fan, one reason being I find the guitars are over-distorted. That wasn't a problem here, so good job on that.

The end was pretty awesome. It was probably my favorite part as well.
RobotPony

Postby PinkieGuy » 12 Jul 2011 00:04

We do that ending live, it's awesome fun, quick relaxing after playing a full metal set. It helps that we had 7 band members :)

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
PinkieGuy

Postby Kumquaticus » 13 Jul 2011 18:11

Ponies plus awesome music? CAN. NOT. RESIST.

So hey, I'm Kumquat. I've been into ponies for quite a while, and music has been my life source for even longer. For pony stuff, I usually just lurk around ponychan as Kumquat (though on most other places I'm Kumquaticus), but I'd really, really love to start getting into the whole musical aspect.

Speaking of music, I am a fairly new, inexperienced and all that crap producer of electronica of varying genres. Most of my work that I actually like is as of yet unrevealed for an album that'll drop sometime in the distant future, but my crappy free stuff is located at http://soundcloud.com/greenquat-studios. I mainly use Propellerhead Reason to make it happen, and I doubt that that'll change anytime soon.

I'm also into art and blah blah blah TL;DR, I'm a lazy, untalented blob that nobody should care about, but I love life and try to be friendly.

Oh wait, I almost forgot, favorite pony is Pinkie Pie.
Life is good. Life is short. Have some fun and enjoy it while it lasts.

My bandcamp
My SoundCloud
My Tumblr
Kumquaticus

Postby FoozogzPepperBrony » 14 Jul 2011 10:53

Almost forgot about this place.

Hello all, I'm PepperBrony. My goal is to make every track I write to be ear candy for the electronica fandom. I'm a cheapo using a free DAW called LMMS and a free audio editor called audacity and free VSTs, some of which I have yet to learn. I went to the LMMS forum before and was disappoint at the quality of most of the tracks there, (ick, flat midi-sounding trance) so I left.

I vowed to break the boundaries of this DAW with my compositions. It holds great potential. My wishlist for a new DAW would be Reaper, though. LMMS is rather difficult for dubstep/portamento control.

I want to look into mastering my tracks, giving them a rich, full 3d sound like I hear DJs integrating into their mixes.

I used to compose game music for my own games. Now that I got sucked in to this mlp thing, my muse is alive and vivid with pony.

Oh yeah um, I'm 18, I live in California, and I'm half white/chinese. Favorite ponies: Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy
DAW: Ableton
HELLO, OLD FRIENDS~
FoozogzPepperBrony

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 14 Jul 2011 10:58

FoozogzPepperBrony wrote:I'm a cheapo using a free DAW called LMMS and a free audio editor called audacity...

My wishlist for a new DAW would be Reaper, though. LMMS is rather difficult for dubstep/portamento control.

Audacity is such a useful editor, especially when it's free!
Also, I have Reaper, rarely use it...and I don't remember where I got it...
I'm pretty sure my composition lecturer gave it to me...
But anyway, it is pretty good from the times that I have used it!

And welcome everyone!!!!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Sugarholik » 15 Jul 2011 06:09

Hello there everypony!
So i'm still quite newbie to making music and nothing's yet ready... (soon will be)
I have played keys for 4-5 years by now and know all sorts of useful basic stuff when it comes to digital signal processing.
At the moment i don't use my computer to make sounds very much, i mostly record everything from my Kurzweil pc3x.
I like all sorts of music but mainly classical, progressive and electronic.
And favorite pony... Check the avatar...
Holy fuck, it's been such a long time! Thanks all 'yall everyponies! If you're a familiar username on a nostalgia trip, I sincerely hope life's been treating you well. I've certainly had quite a journey! The ride never ends! <3

Sugarholik

Primary: Renoise

Postby Circuitfry » 15 Jul 2011 06:46

FoozogzPepperBrony wrote:LMMS
Well well well! Seems that we have something in common!

OKAY HERE I GO

- The name is just me poking fun at myself. A lot of people misspell my name, so just call me C if it's too hard.
- I'm studying Computer Engineering.
- I'm 19 at the time of this post.
- We're actually a duo of musicians, Circuitfry and BMDoubbleBass (we only collaborated for one song).
- I also use LMMS, on Linux.
- I have a USB guitar, but not right now.
- Twilight is the best pony.

INSPIRATIONS:

I also love DJ Shadow and Fat Boy Slim. I have a shit ton of Indie rock inspirations as well; Dr. Dog, The Ms, Cold War Kids, Beirut, The Trucks, I could name a lot more. I love a lot of the 60s/70s music like Love and Steve Miller Band (as much as I love "The Joker," the best hit imo is "Space Cowboy," and there's a damn difference!) Electronic composers that I love include Boys Noize, Daft Punk, Bag Raiders, etc. Interrupt Vector is honestly my favorite speedcore musician, he just knows how to make a fast riff. I don't think I have a particular favorite Hardstyle artist besides Dark Oscillators. Classical inspirations? Chopin and Vivaldi for compositions, classical guitar being Pierre Laniau. Jazz? Jason Smith (Gnu York) and Scott Wilkie.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion