So I'm playing Assassin's Creed Revelations when suddenly...

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

So I'm playing Assassin's Creed Revelations when suddenly...

Postby Kyro » 11 Jan 2012 17:01

...a voice starts talking during the intro cinematic that sounds awfully familiar. I skim my brain a bit for an answer and then it hits me:

Yep. John de Lancie's in Revelations, voicing a character named William Miles. Not particularly exciting but my mind blew up when I made the connection. Anyone have any similar experiences? Doesn't have to be MLP-related.
Kyro

Re: So I'm playing Assassin's Creed Revelations when suddenl

Postby SpaceAnomaly » 11 Jan 2012 18:31

What?! I beat the game a week ago and not once did I notice it was him! Mind = blown.

It's funny because two months ago I started watching Breaking Bad and it wasn't until his second appearance that I recognized his voice once he got into an argument (I didn't know what he looked like at the time). Can you do that? Can your mind explode twice?!
SpaceAnomaly

Postby Likonan » 13 Jan 2012 10:09

When I found out that Hank Hill (From Ed, Edd N' Eddy) played one of Rainbow Dash's rivals, I was quite surprised. :D

However, I was much more taken aback by how I could connect MLP and BIONICLE, of all things.

I was pretty shocked (and VERY amused), when I found out that Lee Tockar, the voice actor Makuta, the all-powerful winged villain:

Ended up being this MLP Character (Surprise surprise): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CCPjVBxYGI

A while later, I also discovered that Tabitha Germain (Rarity), also played Nokama (The only girl Toa) in the same movie (Which is somehow very fitting). :D

Many laughs were had.
Likonan

Primary: Mixcraft, FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electronica?

Postby Kyro » 13 Jan 2012 14:15

As someone who grew up with and loved Bionicles, that makes me very happy.
Kyro

Postby SwissArmyCheese » 08 Feb 2012 22:54

My little sis watches a public broadcast show called "WordGirl." I was walking through my house one day, and I thought I heard a familiar voice. It turns out quite a bit of the characters are voiced by American comedians.

I thought I heard Patton Oswald...
Image I love to talk, Chat me up on the Skypes , IRC, Or just send me a PM! (Yes you!)

/r/MLPtunes
SwissArmyCheese

Return to Off-Topic Discussion