The hugging/venting thread

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby itroitnyah » 24 Mar 2014 06:49

I was two hours away from taking my drivers exam today...

And my parents rescheduled it. Because I did not call my driving instructor about submitting a form required to actually get my license. My parents had been anticipating this moment, making me practice. My mom was talking about how she really wants me to pass, and my dad was talking about it too. They had been making me practice and I was really excited and nervous to be taking it again. And the only reason they rescheduled it was because I didn't make the call.

To clarify, the form is online because the drivers ed class I took does most everything online, and I don't necessarily need the form to be submitted in order to take the road test, it's just so that they'll give me my license when I pass the road test (otherwise I just wait until the form is submitted and then they mail my license to me). And I know I'm at fault for not making the call. But my parents decided that because I didn't make the call, that I put it off until today, when I was going to make the call about 10 minutes ago, that I was being disrespectful, and didn't appreciate anything that my parents have done for me. Fuck them, blowing shit out of proportion.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby ExoBassTix » 08 Apr 2014 04:12

I'm gonna keep it short because I've just recovered of the initial blow by meditating to some Drone Ambient music:

I feel more at home at the CCL than at my actual home.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Injustrial » 18 Apr 2014 21:01

You know what, I'm actually a tiiiny bit pissed now.

As some of you've heard, BUCK sent out an open application form for this year's music acts. They clearly stated that they weren't after the most popular of musicians, but wanted to showcase talent and variation. Guess who's coming? Prince Whateverer, Tombstone, Acoustic Brony, Addictia... All established artists with a relatively large following. You know who didn't get in? Pretty much everybody else.

Yes, these are great artists. No, I don't think I'm better than any of them or deserve this more than them. But I was actually hoping for some exposure on the lesser knowns here. I was hoping there would be one main music scene, The Summer Sun Celebration, where we had all those great and big names. And then on one of the other days, we'd see smaller acts, split up on multiple stages, showing off what more this fandom has to offer.

Yes, I got a no. Yes, I completely understand I would get a no. But seriously, why would you give us hope if you weren't going to follow your own word here? Almost everyone announced performed last year. I mean come on!!

/rant
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby itroitnyah » 18 Apr 2014 22:32

Injustrial wrote:... They clearly stated that they weren't after the most popular of musicians, but wanted to showcase talent and variation. Guess who's coming? Prince Whateverer, Tombstone, Acoustic Brony, Addictia... All established artists with a relatively large following. You know who didn't get in? Pretty much everybody else.

Welcome to the real world.

Frankly, I think they wanted talented performers to be jumping at the opportunity, and not everybody is talented at performing, although I'm not 100% certain that those who were accepted are all incredibly talented, I'm sure they've shown in the past that they do have talent for performance. You also have to remember that this is a convention being run by fans of a TV show, not a dedicated crew who's whole career is based around running conventions.
itroitnyah

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 19 Apr 2014 02:15

itroitnyah wrote:Frankly, I think they wanted talented performers to be jumping at the opportunity, and not everybody is talented at performing, although I'm not 100% certain that those who were accepted are all incredibly talented, I'm sure they've shown in the past that they do have talent for performance. You also have to remember that this is a convention being run by fans of a TV show, not a dedicated crew who's whole career is based around running conventions.

People that go to cons expect to see their idols perform, so guess who the organizers are going to pick. I'd be surprised to see any different.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Acsii » 19 Apr 2014 03:40

itroitnyah wrote:
Injustrial wrote:... They clearly stated that they weren't after the most popular of musicians, but wanted to showcase talent and variation. Guess who's coming? Prince Whateverer, Tombstone, Acoustic Brony, Addictia... All established artists with a relatively large following. You know who didn't get in? Pretty much everybody else.

Welcome to the real world.

Frankly, I think they wanted talented performers to be jumping at the opportunity, and not everybody is talented at performing, although I'm not 100% certain that those who were accepted are all incredibly talented, I'm sure they've shown in the past that they do have talent for performance. You also have to remember that this is a convention being run by fans of a TV show, not a dedicated crew who's whole career is based around running conventions.

Ponycon AU was awesome like they all were really good... especially the second night
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Freewave » 19 Apr 2014 10:15

Conventions are going to be really tough now for a lot of people. I've noticed there are a ton of people who are now part of the "bronycon circuit" which means they get paid to travel and perform at a lot across the country. That means they have experience under their belt, they get compensated, and they'll likely put on a solid performance. The same people who they flew in to my local convention have a solid schedule hitting almost every con in the US. That doesn't leave much if its a big convention and they limit the performance times.

At the local convention i attended they did 3 nights of performances (probably too many tbh) and a lot of smaller, local guys performed while the big wigs they flew in only performed for about 1/2 hr set on the main night. In the end if its a small convention it wont make sense to pay several hundred $$ for a 1/2 hr set from a "pro" the second time around when a local can do the job decently and not have the same costs. Don't bypass getting some experience at a smaller local convention in anticpation for something later on a bigger stage or a return gig as you have to work your way up. It sucks Buck and other places aren't looking to get newer talent but they may likely fit in any musicians who can play a short set and who will be attending anyway. Also makes sense to network with who you meet at these cons as that might be only way you get further opportunities at other events.

Captain Ironhelm wrote:People that go to cons expect to see their idols perform, so guess who the organizers are going to pick. I'd be surprised to see any different.

Maybe its different at the bigger cons but the attendees of the con i was at didn't really seem that interested in the music portion in comparison to other elements. They only knew Eurobeat by name (and because he alone had his own table in the art dealers section) and when we performed they just wanted to have a good time regardless of who's name was performing. Most of the people who attended the live gigs were other musicians. Idols is a really inaccurate term to throw around when most people frankly wanted to play Magic the Gathering a good chunk of the convention, cosplay, and attend panels. Most had no clue who most of the musicians were except other musicians. :lol:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Viricide Filly » 01 May 2014 13:41

Whelp, I just got a kick in the teeth.

Turns out I no longer have any money. I'm trying to get benefits because I'm too dumb and anxious to even attempt to find work (not to mention the amount of time it'd take out of music and sleep) and college just scares me. But that might take a month. I'm 18 so both me and my mum have just started getting council tax. Basically, we have bills we can't pay and if we don't pay them we might have a court case on our hands. I have no idea if I can get benefits in time and even then I might not be able to use ANY of that money for myself for ages. Ages meaning after BUCK has long gone. So I'd be able to pay my bills but I wouldn't be able to buy ANYTHING, not even book hotels or go to BUCK. I was already feeling shit but this has driven me almost over the edge with how unexpected it was. My entire life might be taking a permanant turn for the worse. At least for a year or two.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Vinny » 06 May 2014 18:17

Viricide Filly wrote:Whelp, I just got a kick in the teeth.

Turns out I no longer have any money. I'm trying to get benefits because I'm too dumb and anxious to even attempt to find work (not to mention the amount of time it'd take out of music and sleep) and college just scares me. But that might take a month. I'm 18 so both me and my mum have just started getting council tax. Basically, we have bills we can't pay and if we don't pay them we might have a court case on our hands. I have no idea if I can get benefits in time and even then I might not be able to use ANY of that money for myself for ages. Ages meaning after BUCK has long gone. So I'd be able to pay my bills but I wouldn't be able to buy ANYTHING, not even book hotels or go to BUCK. I was already feeling shit but this has driven me almost over the edge with how unexpected it was. My entire life might be taking a permanant turn for the worse. At least for a year or two.

Well that doesn't sound very good at all, as a matter fact, that's terrible. I'm not very familiar with the ordeals and processes that one undergoes when trying to pay bills but can't, but I imagine it can't be good. I don't believe you're too dumb to find work, there is a bunch of work out there, maybe not the kind you want to do, like twirling a sign or picking oranges, but it's work nonetheless. As for benefits, I honestly don't think you'll get them. For an 18 year old, the feds will probably see you as fit for work and not give you squat. Idk If anything will work out for you but I sure hope it does, because living in poverty is not fun at all.
Vinny

Cutie Mark: Seismic ear

I apoligize

Postby AyaneFukumi » 17 May 2014 21:47

I understand I blew up on the Pinkamena Party Skype chat. I apologize. I just have mood swings and I just get really upset sometimes. I usually hide my feelings.

I'm alone most of the time. I'm ridiculed for everything I do. When I complain, people make me feel guilty because my life is better than Thiers. I'm sorry for having feelings.... I really hope I didn't upset anyone.

Also, if you want to talk shit about me, contact me on my Skype at stuart.landeros.p.u.r. and you can tell me how I'm a bad person and stuff like that. I'm ok with that.

I hope any of you will still be friends with me... I'm sorry...

Also freewave, I know I'm not supposed to be venting, but I felt I needed to apologize... I'll do whatever I can for you guys to regain your trust...
https://soundcloud.com/ayane-fukumi/santisima-virgen-maria-hardtek-for-dummies-ayane-fukumis-sick-as-balls-remix

Hey doctor I think I might be a homosexual
How can you tell?
RRAAIINBOOWS

Suiseiseki is best desu
AyaneFukumi

Primary: FL 10/11

Re: I apoligize

Postby itroitnyah » 17 May 2014 22:27

AyaneFukumi wrote:I'm alone most of the time. I'm ridiculed for everything I do. When I complain, people make me feel guilty because my life is better than Thiers. I'm sorry for having feelings.... I really hope I didn't upset anyone.

Also, if you want to talk shit about me, contact me on my Skype at stuart.landeros.p.u.r. and you can tell me how I'm a bad person and stuff like that. I'm ok with that.
Whoa, is your family a wealthy one, or something? I'm referring to your sentence about how you can't complain without people making you feel guilty.

Also, it sounds like you need to get your self esteem up.
itroitnyah

Re: I apoligize

Postby FLAOFEI » 18 May 2014 20:34

AyaneFukumi wrote:When I complain, people make me feel guilty because my life is better than Thiers.

This so much! Every time I've wanted to write something here cause I'm completley stressed over having high expectations put on me I end up reading what someone else wrote and it's about that they might lose their house soon and then I feel more bad for even thinking I have problems!

You know, I recognize everything you wrote from someone I know IRL. I wish I could say that means I know how to deal with it, but I honestly don't know how to help. IRL I'd give you a hug and hope things get better, so if you have anyone there to hug at the moment, go do that :3

As for ruining a skype convo, they get derailed all the time, no harm done :/
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby ExoBassTix » 19 May 2014 11:30

About the getting ridiculed part ... It's true that a lot of people here could use some practice with tolerance and coping towards people who just don't know better than to do certain things the way they do it, because they don't know better, but on the other hand it always comes from two sides; they move towards you, you move towards them.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Facade » 22 May 2014 17:02

have you ever wanted to get something off your chest but you cant? no matter how close you get to saying it. no matter how far in a pit of depression and rage you are you just cant.

i was riding my bike through my town this morning thinking about the past. man where the fuck did i go wrong. i cant do anything right and ive had so many chances and ive fucked all of them up. i sit here doing something i dont want because its the person ive become rather then the person i want to be. ive tried so hard and ive failed even harder as a person and a friend. it pains me to see myself in a mirror yet i keep staring like somethings going to change yet it never does. i wish i was never given this gift i dont deserve it and i dont think i ever will...

where did i go wrong? was it when i would cheat on my homework? was it something i dont even know about? or maybe my mind is just fucked?

i wish i wasn't here yet ill continue to be for no reason until my time comes... god i wish it was sooner.
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Freewave » 22 May 2014 17:37

Honestly I'm not sure if you've looked into the possibility that you've got depression Facade. Ever since i've met you you've been rather down about yourself and life. If it's as simple as getting a prescription and getting a chemical imbalance corrected i'd urge you to do so. If you're depressed about things you can address then do so and that should alleviate those problems and feelings. But if absolutely little helps then you might look into medication or therapy.
Freewave

Postby Facade » 22 May 2014 18:17

i would if i could... its not like i want to be depressed its just nothing in my life has ever gone right and it just really bugs me. why am i unable to learn? why cant my skills improve? what happened to my creativity? it died like my hope of finding someone that means something to me. friends? barely... work? depressing tiring and almost a waste of time... ugh this sucks
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby ExoBassTix » 22 May 2014 22:48

I can't learn as well. So I go to a place specialized in supporting gifted people with problems such as mine. Before I got there I had close to zero irl friends, which changed completely once I went to that place.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 23 May 2014 06:55

If it makes you feel any better I know i've had issues with only a small amount of friends most of my life as well. When it clicks then its a pretty close relationship (although nothing mane 6 like) but its pretty rare for me. I always feel a bit like an outisder, even in brony circles. I guess the most important thing i can recommend is feeling comfortable in your own skin, enjoying the time you have alone, and not letting it effect your mood. Sometimes it feels like you've been given a bad set of cards but you just need to try to enjoy the life that you have and make the best of what you got.
Freewave

Postby FLAOFEI » 24 May 2014 16:45

Facade wrote:Why can't I change?

I don't know if I can give you any Good advice... But I can tell you what helped me change from my quiet, super shy island of isolation self to being what I am now.
Spoiler May or may not be good advice:
The problem I figure was the social role I had, which dictated who I had to be. Basically the people around me expected me to be shy, so I had all this preasure to be that guy. The solution I found was creating a persona of who I wanted to be. Then I acted on that new personality in a new place with no social expectations on me, which at first was just the internet, but eventually, when I switched schools irl I tried to act on it there as well. And today I have a whopping 6 friends at school! Thats 5 more than my previous record!
The reason why I don't know if it's actually 'good' advice or not is that personas are bad for mental health from what I've learnt... But I see no harm in trying to be the person you want to be. I also don't know how muchall this actually heloped me, I only have my subjective opinion to go on, maybe I never really changed on my own, maybe I should credit my friends for that.

Anyway, wish I knew you beter so I could help.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Freewave » 24 May 2014 17:02

One other bit of advice. I once took a "dating seminar" because frankly i was sick of being alone and i was clueless in the relationship department. What i took from that was pretty mind-expanding. The basic philosiphy that he was speaking was this; our confidence in ourselves is what we broadcast to the world and to ourselves. We make our own realities that way. So if I'm depressed all the time, feeling worthless, and undateable....that's not only something i project to others but to myself. Is that healthy? Is that attractive? Not at all. You can't find success in feeling depressed and disliking yourself.

You have to feel that you have some worth, some admirable points to yourself, and some hope of success. You have to have some sort of ego to where you believe in yourself. You need to have that self-confidence to feel good about yourself and also appeal to others to a degree. Or you can be a goth i guess, wear black, say life's unfair, and enjoy hating life. But personally that seems like that would be a big drag and be akin to giving up.

Fill your life with things you enjoy and avoid things that take away from that enjoyment. Don't be afraid to be your biggest supporter because you frankly should be. Don't JUST be your biggest critic.
Freewave

Postby Callenby » 30 May 2014 01:19

I've been furious this last week and haven't had a good way of expressing my frustration.

For context, I'll link to a post I made the other day. Warning: contains cussing.

Usually I'm not the type to get so upset that I'll quit something forever, but I came the closest I've ever been in the wake of the shooting at UC Santa Barbara. The way people took, and still take, advantage of the pain of others is despicable. Tumblr is especially guilty of this. It made me want to leave the site for good.

I try to be sanguine but I just want to scream. I want to cry. Why do these people think that they magically know better than the bereaved, or that they somehow get to use the victims as props? Even when the survivors explicitly ask them to not politicize their suffering they are ignored.

These manipulators act like they care, but they don't. As soon as the next thing comes along they'll take advantage of that and forget all about this.

How can people be so God damn shallow and cruel?
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Tumblr / YouTube / Soundcloud
Callenby

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Double bass clef heart

Postby Freewave » 30 May 2014 08:31

I understand where you are coming from. On one hand its the perfect opportunity to talk about these issues when they come up but on the other hand its completely the wrong time to do so and it really does use the victims as props to push an agenda. On the other hand it's Tumblr and many times the only way to make it bearable is to not follow those who reblog all the sjw or avoid the site entirely for awhile when such events occur. Despite following 95% brony musicians on tumblr i still get the biggest assortment of crap, svj's, visual jokes, puppies, etc in my feed and VERY LITTLE COMMUNITY MUSIC posts. I am not entirely happy with tumblr but its still better then a lot of other social alternatives.
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 May 2014 11:28

Freewave wrote:On the other hand it's Tumblr

I am disgusted (no offense) by how so many people feel this to be a passable excuse. That people are made to say this. That they're made to just "accept that Tumblrists might just crush you, intentional or not, whether you want it or not."

I do not accept the behaviour Callenby talks about. Then again, in my current state of mind I'm set on crushing those bad behaviour people. Like almost everyone else who doesn't approve of their behaviour. Which is bad. With fighting bad with bad, you encourage more bad. So it's always hard for me at least to calm the fuck down and try to take the bad away with good.

No idea if I'm making sense but I feel weird and bad and god nvm.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 May 2014 11:44

I also feel real bad about something that I wanted to do today.
There's a new Facebook page for FiMMusic that I am supposed to fill up with posts of the last two weeks that are relevant enough to the community (the way I see it).

I. Am supposed. To copy-paste certain Tumblr posts onto the Facebook page.
Posts, that contain information that I believe is important to the community, from the last two weeks, with proper formatting and linking and quotations and shit.

Why the fuck is this overloading me?
I have to be able to do this easily. It's nothing too hard. Just copy-paste some posts and make sure the links are right. Done.
But no, I have to be that socially awkward penguin plus insecurity plus what the fuck even.

And for fuck's sake, this is giving me doomscenarios about how I'd collapse in a pile when someone else decides to 'help me out' by taking the job from me. It hasn't happened yet but I envision it however much it might or might not happen. And that would make me collapse like a sack of something heavy.

Why the fuck do I have so much trouble with stuff like this? I can't even get myself to ask my fellow staff members what to do with individual posts. Because with each and every one, a question arises and I feel like I'm just being worthless and should pass the job on to someone else (mind you, I took up the job by myself, it wasn't pushed onto me). Alternatively, why can't I just be a baby and ask people to help me with every fucking thing WHAT THE FUCK AM I WRITING NO.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 30 May 2014 12:23

Don't stress Exxo. Half the obstacles in life are the ones we set up for ourselves!
Freewave

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion