The hugging/venting thread

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Alycs » 21 Dec 2013 09:28

I don't know, but a good portion of my family on my dad's side have been in the coast gaurd and they say that they accept p. much everyone as long as there isn't a serious physical or mental health defect like a bad heart or something
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 30 Dec 2013 00:11

You know, if someone at Education Queensland would just answer a fucking email, I could get my Certificate of Education and I would have nothing to be stressed about because I'd have that one thing that I need to attend University instead of this unresponsive bullshit I'm getting right now.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Acsii » 30 Dec 2013 00:18

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:You know, if someone at Education Queensland would just answer a fucking email, I could get my Certificate of Education and I would have nothing to be stressed about because I'd have that one thing that I need to attend University instead of this unresponsive bullshit I'm getting right now.

VCAA is the same with answering emails... same as VTAC
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Facade » 03 Jan 2014 21:54

i feel like my ability to make music just keeps dropping lower and lower

nothing i can make today sounds as good as my older stuff

i especially cant even write a simple melody any more

you dont even know how much this hurts right now
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby itroitnyah » 04 Jan 2014 00:40

Since we're on the topic of education, I feel sorta like a senseless pit in my education. I'm not doing all that incredible in school right now, although I'm mostly hanging B's and C's, which isn't all that awful. But I'm incredibly demotivated to try hard in any of my classes other than German, mostly because I'm hopefully going to be moving to Germany.

So right now I feel like I probably won't get accepted to the college I want to get into, which I don't have an accurate clue which one I want to try for, but at least I feel like I'm doing pretty good with music so far, so I got that going for me, which is nice. I keep on thinking up of plans on how I could survive in the world without a college education, and so far I'm confident that I would be able to get somewhere and someplace with what I know. I'm just scared because I have no idea how it's going to work or how long it's going to take or whether I'll make it through OK. I suppose everybody goes through this stage of life at one point in time tho.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Viricide Filly » 07 Jan 2014 12:56

I'm currently dealing with paranoia, because I've recently heard that a lot of people have been talking about me behind my back.

I'm gonna say this once. If you have a problem with me. If you have a problem with me thinking I'm a pony, with my gender or species dysphoria. If you have a problem with my sense of humour, my tendancy to cause shitstorms. If you think I'm a massive fucking autistic retard, which I AM, FUCKING TELL ME. I don't give a fuck that way. But if you think it's okay to talk about me behind my back, then let me tell you something. Shit like that genuinely affects me.

I've been blocked or removed by certain people and I have no idea why. It's the sort of thing that feeds the part of me that wants to run away, lock myself away from all of you, or even just kill myself.

Recently, it's been really bad. I can't name names, but apparently I've been the subject of ridicule for entire chats. Me alone. And if this is the kinda thing I get from just being a C-List shitty EDM musician with species dysphoria, then I don't think I want to keep going. It makes me drink, makes me cry myself to sleep, makes me even cut myself.

Yes, I have my own opinion of what life and feeling and existance and reality is. but that doesn't make me a child, an autist, a retard. I'm disgusted by the actions of the people I call "friends". Really.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Facade » 07 Jan 2014 19:24

@viri

i personally am happy for you if that's what you want
want to be a pony? cool if you're happy I'm happy!
want to be a girl? go for it!
the only thing that makes me happy these days is helping others and seeing them being happy so you go for it if that's what'll make you happy! I'm here for you
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby FLAOFEI » 09 Jan 2014 10:27

Viricide Filly wrote:I'm gonna say this once. If you have a problem with me. If you have a problem with me thinking I'm a pony, with my gender or species dysphoria. If you have a problem with my sense of humour, my tendancy to cause shitstorms. If you think I'm a massive fucking autistic retard, which I AM, FUCKING TELL ME. I don't give a fuck that way. But if you think it's okay to talk about me behind my back, then let me tell you something. Shit like that genuinely affects me.

Yes, I do have a problem with you saying you are an autistic retard. I don't know how you act of the forum, but from all I've seen of you here you are not a retard. You act far better than people I find both on the internet and in real life, so don't put your self down. it makes my problems feel so small :I

As for the other stuff, I do think thinking you're a pony is a bit weird... I don't really understand it... But I don't mind, I'm a bit weird to sometimes, like I wish I had a tail.
What impresses me is how open you are about it! Some things I don't even dare admit to my self, so be it ignorance or bravery, I can look up to that.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby itroitnyah » 04 Feb 2014 16:27

My mom is a cunt. A justified cunt, but a cunt nonetheless. I took the road test today to hopefully get my license. When I got home I had to get my birth certificate and SS card because I thought my mom had them. She bitched me out because I hadn't gotten those before school or something, and when my mom bitches at people she doesn't shut the fuck up about w/e it is for a good 15 minutes. And then I failed the road test because I started rolling forward and another car was coming, and the other driver stopped because she didn't know if I was going to go, otherwise I would have passed with 22 points (25 needed to fail). So I did bad at that and now that's bringing back how I'm not doing very well in school and my life is falling apart and just how nothing is going well for me at all. I'm also apparently a cunt without meaning to.

Today has been a fucking awful day. I just want to fucking punch the hell out of everything.
itroitnyah

Postby Magnitude Zero » 04 Feb 2014 17:11

My life's kinda sorta been falling apart lately.

My father lost his job a few months ago, just in time for the NJ government to shorten unemployment to less than a third of what it was. So we're just barely scraping by trying to pay for our house as well as our cars for the rest of us to work. My mom is working two jobs, one minimum wage and the other not much better. My brother works full time for a little more than minimum wage. I work roughly 10 hours a week for a little more than my brother. We're getting by, but only barely, and we've had to make some sacrifices.

My mother was in a pretty severe car accident the other day. She was okay, just some bruising and a minor concussion. Can't say the same about her car. It starts, but it's definitely not gonna get anyone anywhere. My dad estimates that it'll cost about $600 to fix - which, of course, we don't have. And we didn't have collision insurance on the car, since that was too expensive for us.

I really, really hate to bitch about my financial issues, but I figured while I was venting anyway I might as well get that out of the way.

I'm starting to think I might have an actual anxiety disorder of some sort. I'm not one for self-diagnosis (it's actually a pet peeve of mine), but once again I can't afford to see a professional about it so that's all I've got. When I go to work it's basically just a 5-hour long barely-contained panic attack. I'm trying really hard to maintain the 4.0 I earned for my first semester of college, but I'm not even two weeks into the second semester and I already feel myself slipping because I can't organize my thoughts long enough from the constant teeth-grinding anxiety about work and school and money and sometimes nothing in particular to remember to study and finish my school work. I haven't been sleeping well. I've been having heart palpitations that have been getting more and more frequent that leave me dizzy, short of breath, and scared shitless. Which, of course, only makes it worse. But I can't go see a doctor about it, because that costs money.

I can't open up to my family because they're all counting on me to be the one to reassure everyone that everything will be fine. My dad called me an emotional "rock" because of how I've been there for everyone to lean on. Imagine that. I'm apparently the stable one in the family.

I can't open up to my friends because they've all got their own problems. Every time I go to start to vent, they beat me to it. And I get to be the rock again.

Don't get me wrong, I like that I'm able to be there for people, and I love that my friends feel comfortable enough to open up to me, and I love when I'm actually able to make them feel better. But there never seems to be time for them to do the same for me.

I don't know. I really hate to call attention to my problems since I know there are people dealing with worse problems and are carrying on just fine, but there's just been so much shit going on and I'm so fucking bad at trying to deal with everything that I need to get it down somewhere to organize my thoughts. And I guess I could do with some e-hugs too.

(Sorry itroitnyah, I didn't mean to call attention away from your post. If it makes you feel any better, I failed my road test too, the first time. I was actually so pissed off that I failed that I forgot to put my car out of park when I slammed on the gas to leave the test course. It sucks a lot, but it also gives you the opportunity to better prepare for the next one. Also, I don't think you're a cunt.)
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby Freewave » 05 Feb 2014 19:20

Magnitude Zero wrote:My life's kinda sorta been falling apart lately.....

Wow man. I had no idea that things were going so badly. Sounds like an incredibly delicate situation. I'm sorry you don't feel you can open up and i think that's the biggest issue with such a thread as this (and definitely with skype chats), is there's very little e-hugging and not as much listening and advice as there should be. When you need to talk to people, people should be willing to be available and not beat you to the punch. While we all have stuff going on you definitely have more then your fair share. Don't be afraid to pull people aside and make sure they listen.

I guess the biggest thing you need is to take the stress level down to where you can function. If you're so stressed that you cant get things done, can't sleep, and feel awful then you have to go after that first. While top notch grades are important you do have to focus on the immediate. If getting a 3.5 for a semester is the drawback for lightening the homework load or easing that stress off you may want to consider it. Getting straight A's will get you in the best colleges when you are in high school but once you are there it's really up to you how high you want to aim. Businesses that will hire you afterwards care most about the degree and not the grades you got while you are in there. Translation: if you have to focus on your real life, lowering your stress, and getting needed money over a gpa # do so. Don't drop out but don't kill yourself. Your education is yours to control. I hope you don't need to drop out of school to help them because its more important that you stick with school then interrupt a future way out.

Just talking about an issue is often enough to lower the stress level so by opening up, i hope it helps a little. Plenty of times i felty like snapping and falling into a depression but talking to others, identifying what was making me sad, realizing how i could fix those issues, and feeling better that i was just in a "low" can make all the difference. Only way to feel better about life is to see the positivity from the negativity. Make yourself the see the good of a bad situation. I hope if opening up now doesn't do the trick that you go one on one with a friend or family member you can trust and do that. Blowing off steam and playing video games i do a lot for the same effect too. You just need an outlet to feel better and its important to know what works for you. Even having a simple wank before bed can do wonders for your sleep patterns and feeling better. :)

Just remember that your families issues and yours will be connected but seperate. If they need you as a rock then be that to them, but don't be afraid to talk to your folks too and let them know when you need to talk. Life is about give and take and its important that your dont just give out positive vibes only to not get them back. Family will be there for you too when you're weak. Give each other hugs and help each other find a way out of this.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Freewave » 05 Feb 2014 19:27

itroitnyah wrote:Today has been a fucking awful day. I just want to fucking punch the hell out of everything.

Sounds like a very crappy one. I hope things have looked up since. If not then see what you can change. Pulling your mom aside when she's not in full form c* mode and saying how it feels when you get a 15 min verbal barage might be a good start. I tolerate my mom but i dont think i'll ever have a great relationship with her. But its important to see what way the relationship or ways you interact can change so that you don't want to throttle each other. Don't be at each other's throats. You'll each have good reasons why you're pissing each other off so find a way to stop it from happening from both sides. Don't be afraid to say your sorry if you done f*cked up either. It happens.
Freewave

Postby Magnitude Zero » 06 Feb 2014 11:31

@Freewave: Thanks for the concern man, you're the best <3

The reason I'm so concerned about my GPA is that I'm in a two-year community college right now. If I want to have any hope of transferring to a four-year I have to basically rely on scholarships, since the other alternative is to get a loan that I'll potentially be paying for half my life. That's a pretty huge gamble that I would really rather not take if I don't have to.

Venting about this definitely helped, and I'm feeling much better now! I'm usually pretty good at dealing with everything, but it does get to me now and then.

I do try to talk to my parents when I can, but I've kinda dug myself into a hole here. My dad was raised on "family man" values, on the idea that the man should be able to take care of the household, so this whole thing is particularly hard on him, since he's out of a job and can't pay for anything on his own. I'm worried that if he finds out our shituation has been weighing down on me harder than I've let on, he'll feel like a failure or something. I dunno. I think I would much rather suck it up and find a different outlet than force that kind of guilt on him.

As for my mom, well... I tried to talk to her about my heart problem, but she just kind of shrugged it off. I love her to pieces but she's just not that good at the whole "empathy" thing. She would rather look at every possibility before considering that I would need to see a doctor in order to not waste the money. Legitimate concerns, especially considering I can be a pretty major hypochondriac and it wouldn't be the first time I've freaked out about a "health problem" that turned out to be nothing.
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby Freewave » 06 Feb 2014 15:27

Magnitude Zero wrote:@Freewave: Thanks for the concern man, you're the best <3

Venting about this definitely helped, and I'm feeling much better now! I'm usually pretty good at dealing with everything, but it does get to me now and then.

Well glad this helped, telling how you are doing always seems to do the trick in helping you get out of it. Don't be afraid to open up again as its easy to get down if life IS handing you lemons.
Freewave

Postby Facade » 16 Feb 2014 17:25

im tired

tired of all the hate in the world
tired of hating everything in the world
tired of "not being perfect"
tired of not being good enough
tired of being bored 24/7
tired just plain tired
tired of dealing with stress
tired of being stressed all the time
tired of people judging me
tired of waiting
tired of not being liked loved etc
tired of this life
and most of all im tired of being tired
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby itroitnyah » 16 Feb 2014 19:24

Facade wrote:im tired

and most of all im tired of being tired
Have you tried... Taking a nap? Image

Ok, jokes aside, I think we all feel like this at one point in time, or perhaps at many points in time. It's important to realize that everything you've listed is just a part of human nature. All throughout history, people have been like that. They've hated, hated how other people hate all the time, wished to be perfect, wished to be entertained and thrilled, hated how stressful their lives have been or will be, they've hated how others will judge, hated waiting, desired to be loved, you get the idea. I personally find that the best way to deal with this is to accept everything as it is
itroitnyah

Postby Facade » 16 Feb 2014 19:26

>It's important to realize that everything you've listed is just a part of human nature.
the problem is it never goes away day after day
the only way i can escape it is with some kind of drug weather its alcohol shit tons of nicotine or something harder
never does it go away day after day after day after day
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby itroitnyah » 16 Feb 2014 19:51

Yup, well, human nature never goes away. Getting addicted to drugs and shit probably doesn't help either, because that just creates another problem, dependency. But let's just focus on one problem at a time. I'm probably not the best person to be telling you how to properly deal with stuff like this, but perhaps you could try taking your problems, looking at a random person, and seeing how they might suffer from your same problems. I think that once you see how other people may be or are suffering from your same problems, getting through it all becomes easier. Not easy peasy lemon squeezy, but easier.
itroitnyah

Postby Facade » 16 Feb 2014 20:55

saying this is a problem implies that this will go away
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby itroitnyah » 16 Feb 2014 21:17

A lot of the things you've listed that you're tired of can "go away". Maybe not permanently, but the problems you've listed are struggles that come and go. Let's take the stress one. Obviously something is stressing you out, but once you get it figured out and dealt with, it's not a problem anymore, until something else is stressing you out. Being bored can be dealt with simply by doing something fun. Goodness, I don't even mean sitting in front of your computer, go to an amusement park or something. Take your friends to the nearest lake and rent a boat or something. Hating everything in the world is really just a phase (in my experience). I find that listening to this song really helps. It may seem strange, but the song is a pretty good metaphor for anger. You start out angry at something and then your anger blossoms until it's sorta ridiculous how much you hate everything, and then your emotions sorta turn around and things are better. You get the idea.
itroitnyah

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 17 Feb 2014 16:48

Nowadays I often find myself only practicing things in order to spite others. I no longer feel like I'm doing anything because I like it, even though I do like it. I only feel like I'm doing it to make the people I hate jealous. And that makes me want to do things less.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Facade » 17 Feb 2014 18:02

CaptainFluffatun wrote:Nowadays I often find myself only practicing things in order to spite others. I no longer feel like I'm doing anything because I like it, even though I do like it. I only feel like I'm doing it to make the people I hate jealous. And that makes me want to do things less.

i know that feeling oh too well i almost did something i didnt want to because of it :/
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby FLAOFEI » 04 Mar 2014 18:52

I hate who ever decided swedish students needed a higher level of swedish when they go into university... Some ppl at the Universitys decided the papers they got had a to low level of swedish for them to grade properly. As a result I have to read an additional year of swedish...

The big problem is staying motivated in school... I just don't care about learning bulshit subjects! I know it's usefull to know lenguages and all, but I see virtually no reason to force people to learn useless facts about how lenguages evolved. I will never have use of these skills! And since I have dyslexia my reading speed is crap, so it takes me forever to research anything! And when I finaly do the work I get angry as hell (and I am very calm irl btw)

I have a metric fuckton of preasure on me from family, friends and even myself to keep up my As. I have A in more than half my subjects, not to brag, but 13 As, 4Bs, one C and one D... My family expects me to keep up the trend, I hate not being a topstudent, my teachers know my goal is A, and I have this one asshole friend who insists on that I am the guy who allways gets As, the rest of my friends think I shouldn't complain over a C, so it's both preasure and nobody to open up about it to!

I don't do the work, cause I have no motivation, but I hate myself for not doing it! EVEN MY GF THINKS I'M THE GUY WHO DOES NO WORK AND GETS GOOD GRADES ANYWAY!

I don't expect anyone to recognize this as a problem, but I can't sleep, and tomorow I am suposed to write about the history of the swedish lenguage and make a presentation on bipolar disorder... neither of which I am prepared for, and everybody expects me to get a good grade. It's 1 30 in the morning and I should be sleeping, but it feels like I'm gonna fuck up my future tomorrow, and that is not a good feeling!

anyway... it's sleepy time, and I should atleast try to sleep
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby TheAirHideous » 08 Mar 2014 16:48

My goodness, Flao, you pretty much ninja'd me with what I was about to say. Feels man, all I can really say is I know the exact ones.

So I pretty much am forced to do things I don't really want to or feel like doing all for this stupid points grab to get into university. Like, seriously, these days, just having the grades doesn't seem to be enough, especially for the oversubscribed subjects. I find myself aiming for Medicine, mainly because it's been drilled into my head for so long by my parents and the entirety of my community that I don't really know where to go. And scientific knowledge doesn't seem to be enough, no, you have to do other bullshit extracurricular shit too, and not even just regular stuff like play an instrument or dance or something, you have to show you're caring by volunteering somehow. I DON'T HAVE THE TIME WHEN I HAVE EXAMS TO FOCUS ON.

And everyone around me is doing it, not even because they're interested, it's all for this stupid points grab. 'Shows you have a caring personality' my left bollock.

Fucks sake. I like science, I'm good at them, and I'm not a complete dickhead (I think). That would have been enough 20 years ago, fuck, it would have been enough 10 years ago. Not now though.

Screw it, grades first. When they ask what shows I'm a caring person I'll demonstrate the fact that I'm not choking them as evidence of my mercy.
TheAirHideous

Primary: LMMS (I'm so sorry)
Cutie Mark: Upper mordant.

Postby AyaneFukumi » 21 Mar 2014 12:08

FLAOFEI wrote:I hate who ever decided swedish students needed a higher level of swedish when they go into university... Some ppl at the Universitys decided the papers they got had a to low level of swedish for them to grade properly. As a result I have to read an additional year of swedish...

The big problem is staying motivated in school... I just don't care about learning bulshit subjects! I know it's usefull to know lenguages and all, but I see virtually no reason to force people to learn useless facts about how lenguages evolved. I will never have use of these skills! And since I have dyslexia my reading speed is crap, so it takes me forever to research anything! And when I finaly do the work I get angry as hell (and I am very calm irl btw)

I have a metric fuckton of preasure on me from family, friends and even myself to keep up my As. I have A in more than half my subjects, not to brag, but 13 As, 4Bs, one C and one D... My family expects me to keep up the trend, I hate not being a topstudent, my teachers know my goal is A, and I have this one asshole friend who insists on that I am the guy who allways gets As, the rest of my friends think I shouldn't complain over a C, so it's both preasure and nobody to open up about it to!

I don't do the work, cause I have no motivation, but I hate myself for not doing it! EVEN MY GF THINKS I'M THE GUY WHO DOES NO WORK AND GETS GOOD GRADES ANYWAY!

I don't expect anyone to recognize this as a problem, but I can't sleep, and tomorow I am suposed to write about the history of the swedish lenguage and make a presentation on bipolar disorder... neither of which I am prepared for, and everybody expects me to get a good grade. It's 1 30 in the morning and I should be sleeping, but it feels like I'm gonna fuck up my future tomorrow, and that is not a good feeling!

anyway... it's sleepy time, and I should atleast try to sleep

QAQ *snuggles tight* poor flao-kun...
https://soundcloud.com/ayane-fukumi/santisima-virgen-maria-hardtek-for-dummies-ayane-fukumis-sick-as-balls-remix

Hey doctor I think I might be a homosexual
How can you tell?
RRAAIINBOOWS

Suiseiseki is best desu
AyaneFukumi

Primary: FL 10/11

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion