The hugging/venting thread

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Facade » 20 Jul 2014 23:54

welp its been a good one, i dont know how to say this but ill try to stay as long as i can even though i mostly lurk. god it sucks how this world is run by money
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby itroitnyah » 21 Jul 2014 08:54

Sounds like you're having problems, and I'm assuming it's related to money. And maybe your internet being cancelled because of it? Explain if you can?
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Facade » 21 Jul 2014 09:41

nope i just have no money to see a doctor about a possibly serious couple of problems
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby itroitnyah » 21 Jul 2014 22:03

Well that sucks. Hopefully the problems aren't as serious as you think.
itroitnyah

Postby Facade » 22 Jul 2014 16:14

one can only hope
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby JSynth » 22 Jul 2014 17:51

ExoBassTix wrote:
Freewave wrote:On the other hand it's Tumblr

I am disgusted (no offense) by how so many people feel this to be a passable excuse. That people are made to say this. That they're made to just "accept that Tumblrists might just crush you, intentional or not, whether you want it or not."

I think Feewave was trying to use it less as an excuse and more as a way of pointing out that its Tumblr that is home to the SJW community, so that kind of shit is going to be expected. Its like going to 4chan and running into trolls.

As for dealing with the SJWs, you should probably consider unfollowing the people who post that kind of stuff.

As for what Free Wave said about brony music on tumblr: I don't know about other brony musicians, but the Brony Fandom is just one of several fandoms that I am in. And when the show is not in season, while others are (like Sword Art Online II and The Legend of Korra) I'm probably going to blog about those more than MLP. On top of that, it takes me a few months to write, record and produce a new song, while it takes a single click to reblog something.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Facade » 15 Aug 2014 21:04

*sigh* just talked my friend out of committing suicide... moments like this are so emotionally draining. what if i wasnt there for her? what if i didnt say the right things? i dont know why but every day i get more and more depressed
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby itroitnyah » 17 Aug 2014 18:43

My computer might need a new motherboard :( The RAM slots are possibly causing problems.

I'd also end up getting a new PSU while I'm at it, but motherboard swaps are rather annoying.
itroitnyah

Postby FLAOFEI » 18 Aug 2014 15:33

Wanna give a hug thread hug to Facade, cause what hes going through sounds worse than anything I've ever experienced. I have no idea of what's apropriate to say though... so... sympaty to you bro. You did a great thing for your friend, and it's worth being proud of. I have no advice to give, but best wishes and good luck and stuff. Hope youand your friend pull through.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Acsii » 21 Aug 2014 16:38

So I may have early signs of Parkinson's Disease.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Facade » 22 Aug 2014 17:51

FLAOFEI wrote:Wanna give a hug thread hug to Facade, cause what hes going through sounds worse than anything I've ever experienced. I have no idea of what's apropriate to say though... so... sympaty to you bro. You did a great thing for your friend, and it's worth being proud of. I have no advice to give, but best wishes and good luck and stuff. Hope youand your friend pull through.

thanks man

@acsii
sorry to hear that i hope the best for you though
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Facade » 24 Aug 2014 20:36

just had 200$ stolen from me fml
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby itroitnyah » 26 Aug 2014 10:35

Today, I faced the truth about myself.

Before middle school, I was essentially the class clown. I had some friends here and there, but was generally what most of my classmates perceived to be the funny kid. Maybe I was just oblivious to those who didn't think that of me, but that's how I was told I was. Middle school was that wonderful time when all the kids going into 6th grade get nasty conceited attitudes about themselves because they're no longer in the "little kids school". Because of this huge attitude adjustment, my attempts to be the funny kid no longer worked, except with the couple of friends I had. Instead, the "popular" kids in school would verbally reject me, telling me that I wasn't funny and that I should stop. Of course it was devastating every time they did, and since that was pretty much how I knew to act throughout school at the time, I just didn't have any social skills otherwise. Then before 8th grade, I moved. This time, I knew to just shut up and not draw attention to myself. I had a few friends, and there were still the kids who were just assholes for no reason (probably just trying to assert dominance), but I had essentially turned into the quiet awkward kid who didn't know how to socialize. So I was just the awkward kid in the corner. I've felt generally inadequate about my life in general because everything that everybody else my age knew how to do I just didn't really know how to do well, or would take longer to learn it. So when I started to get more involved in listening to music, I guess I sort of subconsciously took music production as a challenge to impress the people around me. My classmates, friends, people on the internet. Because I saw what the popular people were doing and figured that if they could do it, so could I. And in the beginning, I did initially pull it together to try and impress, which obviously failed and I turned more towards trying to do it for fun, trying to suppress anything that had to do with making music for acceptance or popularity.

So to sum it all up, I've had a damaged ego for almost 5 years of my life and suppressed the damage from myself. In turn, I've been feeling inadequate about everything and have been making music to make up for it. To try and prove myself to my peers and gain acceptance. To become the popular kid because I can do something neat. And now that I've realized that, I feel like I've been simply wasting my time. As if everything I've ever worked for in my life is slowly deflating, and I'm feeling more demotivated than ever. FML.
itroitnyah

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 Sep 2014 07:04

So this is the first CCL day after the summer break. Only, CCL went bankrupt, and while the location and team are (almostly) similar, there're new project leaders and it has the temporary name of Fenix Talent.

This is the first day in CCL/Fenix history that I don't wanna be here.
I've been shaking for the last hour and in the same hour I've been listening to my usual calmdown Drone Ambient playlist in the meditation room (which, as all rooms, has been stripped down). It didn't help shit.
One of the reasons I decided to do a study was so I had a way to get secondary school out of the picture for the rest of my life. But this ...

I wanna go home.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby DJ-G6PON3 » 02 Sep 2014 21:01

*sigh* Maybe it's time I get this off my chest...for it has been affecting me for seven years, and when it becomes May 16th, it'll be eight years since this happened, my Grandfather died in front of my eyes. I doubt that anybody would read this, but I thought that this would be a good place to place this. I've been able to cope but it still haunts me. If you ever meet me in person, then look into my eyes and realize all the pain inside. Now-a-days, I write rap music and general rock songs because it helps me to cope. Hell, it's the reason why I'm a Brony today. Because a few times when I was crying really hard I would hug my Rainbow Dash plushy really tightly....at least you all know. And because of what has happened, I take things like jokes and negative aspects a lot more...seriously. So, know when it is time to quit if you're joking with me. And one more thing, if I see a woman being abused, I will feel pain and I will defend her, regardless of who it is. But I can still smile today and enjoy my life with all you awesome Bronies. I will always be here to help if you need it and you can ask me questions about anything hurting ya and I will try my best to help you through it all with my advice.
DJ-G6PON3
Dubstep is Magic
Careful where you step, because I have dropped my bass somewhere...
Covers of Bands I need to do:
Theory of A Deadman
Deuce
Hollywood Undead
Injustrial
Three Days Grace
Slipknot
Teamheadkick
H8_Seed
Mic The Microphone
Seether
DJ-G6PON3

Primary: Audacity, Fl Studio (Soon, most recent version), Ableton (Soon, most recent version)
Cutie Mark: Headphones and Music Notes

Postby rebel2122 » 14 Sep 2014 22:09

I don't wanna tell you how to live, but this is just my rant. I'm not gonna be that jerk at work giving you 'helpful' advice as to how you can do your job better. I'm the guy... who doesn't like that guy... I gotta break it down. It's what I do.

Man, I seen you guys about school. School is not school. School is a Mentality. A state of mind. It's for assimilation. Mass assimilation. Look me in the eye and tell me if it's normal to be locked in a building for 8 hours a day *Not working, but listening. Listening listening listening. You cannot move around as you please, you have to *ask to go to the bathroom, and you need to listen and do homework, and study things that are sometimes (get this) *Insignificant! Sometimes it's just straight lies. See I get it now this is the reason why everyone's so sensitive to their reputability, their reputation. You are afraid to not be assimilated. But I've learned there are only two things one should base their beliefs on, Logic, and faith. What is Logical? What are the facts, and how do you use those facts to live? That is faith. Logic is the facts, faith is how you interpret them -and how you use them. I have faith in the Bible. I do not have faith in the school system, as in I do not use them as merit enough to live my life under. Why? Well, is it Logical to you?

It all stems from there. Because what you're taught in the beginning is how you act later -or that's how the government wants it. Because Predictability is easier to manage. You thought they were hard working? Nah man, they teach you this way because they are too lazy to deal with renegades. What are the facts: the GMO food is bad, the corporation is everywhere, the ads are in your face, and the whole system is based off of taking out loans, and buying unnecessary nonsense, and always supporting the low rate standard lifestyle, because the right kind of lifestyle was gone: WE mess it up the moment we decide to take out those loans, and buy all that nonsense, and want more and more. Where'd the money go?

You get outa' car payment, and a mortgage, and a student loan, and loans for furniture, and t'v's , and laptops, and you buy the newest fashion, and the newest this and that, and nothing is ever old, and nothing can ever be fixed to be new. It needs to be right out of the package. Now I'm not saying one shouldn't indulge a bit, or shouldn't buy what they want. I think people should get paid for what they put in. But it's not worth it. there's too much stuff, and not enough time to earn that much. You may say 'it's my right to take out loans, and buy what I want'. Yes absolutely but if we just save, and live minimalist we'll have more cash to actually do stuff, and not be stuck working for material.

Now that's just the half of this messed up system.

Because living minimalist sometimes isn't enough. See, you gotta' know your rights, and manage your time to get it straight. Because once you know they're still present and you know how to use them things get better. This country still has rights, but you can know them, but not know how to use them. Now what am I talking about? I'm talking about how we have the right to take the CLEP's tests, to get scholarships, and to pay for that college one semester at a time so you don't need no middle man like sallie mae. I'm talking about at that job you're applying for you have the right to make your own business contract, and negotiate with them. I'm talking about the big ones too. the BIG businesses are not to big to fail, and we always forget they need us, and we need them. It's a two way street, and if you know what your rights are about work: they can't cut corners. I'm also talking about one thing too -not only minimalism, but maximizing your ability in what you do. Not buying toys, but investments.

The last thing is the understanding of God. Because if we communicate with him, we have direction. because we want all of this instantly sometimes, but there is a plan. There is a plan for you, and another for me, and one for the jihadist, and CIA proxxy warrior that left the plan long ago, and if out signal with God is blurred what is there to know? The system is filled with Cults all the way up, and it's trickle down effect, and the full story is a rare tale indeed. The full understanding of what the verses mean, and what actions to take, and how to deal with all of this. See, I think here I'll be accused on bigotry, and Racism. Just a reflex. Disclaimer: I'm not saying the blacks are less equal, nor the gays are to be oppressed, nor the women to be limited in their ability. I'm saying there are instructions on how to get out of whatever hole we get in. So there.
rebel2122

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby ExoBassTix » 15 Sep 2014 09:12

Changed some lyrics which I've then sung and recorded for future use.

Found you there with a mutual laugh
You helped me
Always there, but always far away
I just wanna play

You lost me there in a moment of truth
You trusted me
Hid my heart behind so many fears
A vault shredded to tears

Save me
Embrace me
Take me to my home
Hold me
You told me
Take me to my home

Vulnerable, expecting the end
Kill me
I'm not afraid of what you have implied
But if you'd start a fight

It comes and goes. But it seems that every time it comes, I sink deeper.
I don't know how to feel anymore.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ExoBassTix » 22 Sep 2014 16:49

I don't know. My mom got mad at me because I misinterpreted what she said and made the conversation weird. Mad. Why mad?
Parents keep on pushing me to get to ordering the OV-chipcard (card for easy public traffic in The Netherlands), and half a tear ago or something I did that at the CCL but it failed simply because of some issues with ordering it, nothing major. Yesterday I tried again and suddenly I have to first do tons of research on what the differences are between prices of traveling with OV, without (printing tickets), with or without certain discounts, etc. The fuck? So I decide to ask a friend who travels with OV what the price difference between travelling with OV and without is, and I just told mom that. She got mad at me because I have no fucking idea anymore. Even "yeah nothing's your fault." So now I'm sitting here feeling shit because whatever I say will get countered by that argument.

I AM SAVING YOU €17,60 PER WEEK, WHAT'S YOUR FUCKING DAMAGE?
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby FLAOFEI » 23 Sep 2014 15:28

My girlfriend is saying no to a free trip with me to England over christmas because she doesn't know what her family has planed for Christmas, or even if they have plams :'(
I really don't know if I should tell her how I feel about that or give her a break.

I wrote more first, but then I removed it, cause that's none of your business
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Sep 2014 04:42

My problems got me to fuck up once more, dragging me into the pit of selfhate again.

Dad told me there were some chores around the house to do. Told me one of them that I could go and do. Removing heaps of grass, and clearing the sideway in front of the house. Relatively easy enough. No worry. He said there was more to do, so if I felt that I could do another chore, felt warmed up and shit, I could tell him and get another. I tell him that when he tells me chores to do, I immediately feel like I have to do it. Like, I'd be -the- asshole of the century were I to not do it. So I asked him to tell the other chore now so I wouldn't have to worry my head off when I was done with the first. It's hauling huge piles of cut off stinging nettles to the compost heap. Shit, stinging nettles. Any chore that involves them makes my head freeze. After he explained I said "see, now I have to do that chore as well." He started going towards angry (but not fully) as he explained clearly how he didn't say anything about me having to. I doused his fire with telling him that it's not him, but me that told me I have to because fucking guilt-trips and such. I can't say no like this. Selfhate yay.

Idk. I know for sure that I left shittons of details out (details that I have to tell or I'd tell myself I messed up) but I, guess what, forgot them. Shoop de fucking whoop.

WHY IS NOTHING EVER EASY AROUND ME??
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Sep 2014 04:47

And with that selfhate I fucking drained myself of any energy, making that first chore, which is relatively easy, impossible. I don't even wanna go downstairs to start working. Fuck this shit.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby DJ-G6PON3 » 25 Sep 2014 06:52

ExoBassTix wrote:And with that selfhate I fucking drained myself of any energy, making that first chore, which is relatively easy, impossible. I don't even wanna go downstairs to start working. Fuck this shit.

*hug* It's okay. I understand why things may seem hard for you. But just try to have a positive mindset. Life will only get better if you have a positive mindset.
DJ-G6PON3
Dubstep is Magic
Theory of A Deadman
Deuce
Hollywood Undead
Injustrial
Three Days Grace
Slipknot
Teamheadkick
H8_Seed
Mic The Microphone
Seether
DJ-G6PON3

Primary: Audacity, Fl Studio (Soon, most recent version), Ableton (Soon, most recent version)

Postby DJ-G6PON3 » 25 Sep 2014 06:54

FLAOFEI wrote:My girlfriend is saying no to a free trip with me to England over christmas because she doesn't know what her family has planed for Christmas, or even if they have plams :'(
I really don't know if I should tell her how I feel about that or give her a break.

I wrote more first, but then I removed it, cause that's none of your business

I think I can help with this. Just tell her what you feel about it, but don't be too harsh or demanding when you talk to her. She sounds like she's a very lucky girl cause she's yours. Anywho, if you feel like giving her a break, just go ahead and do so.
DJ-G6PON3
Dubstep is Magic
Theory of A Deadman
Deuce
Hollywood Undead
Injustrial
Three Days Grace
Slipknot
Teamheadkick
H8_Seed
Mic The Microphone
Seether
DJ-G6PON3

Postby DJ-G6PON3 » 30 Sep 2014 05:57

Well, I lost my house to my step-dad. Of course he isn't after me, just my mother and siblings. He's trying to take custody of my brother and sister and is trying to keep my house to himself. All of my expensive stuff is in there and I don't know if I can get it back. Of course I can get in my house but my mom can't. If she does then she gets arrested. As of right now, I only have about 7 pairs of jeans, a couple of my jackets, about 10 shirts, a couple pairs of shoes, some socks, my one partypoker hat, one of my shades, a couple of my necklaces, and that's about it. I don't have my Champion ring from my Freshman year in Band (We won 1st Place) or my Rainbow Dash plushy or my Vinyl Scratch plushy. And those plushies help me to sleep at night. I just all of you guys who are my friends (if I have any on here) to not stop being my friend. That's all that I'll ask of you guys. Because all I've got is the Community, my family, and friends...Thanks for taking the time to listen to me...even if I do get annoying at times... :cry:
DJ-G6PON3
Dubstep is Magic
Theory of A Deadman
Deuce
Hollywood Undead
Injustrial
Three Days Grace
Slipknot
Teamheadkick
H8_Seed
Mic The Microphone
Seether
DJ-G6PON3

Postby FLAOFEI » 01 Oct 2014 19:06

Wanna say thanx for the hug and advice you gave before. It really helped.
So I hug you back :) Hope it works out for you, and hope you get those plushies soon. I know how bad it feels to not have your plushies around :( Hugz
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion