The hugging/venting thread

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

The hugging/venting thread

Postby Pickslide1992 » 09 Jan 2012 20:53

Another forum I'm a part of has one, so I thought I'd have one here. This is a thread where myself or other forum members can help anypony here with a problem of if you feel like getting something off your chest, do it here.

I'll go on and break the ice. So far, this year has been nothing but major suckage for me. First off, my guitar had a busted tuner that was, thankfully, replaced, but that's only the beginning. My laptop got a virus and I have to put everything I had on it back, right before school started back, no less. Speaking of school, my college's website isn't working for me on any computer I use, making it impossible for me to do any assignments so far.

That said, I'll happily help with any problems you have as I assume you will mine. Let's lend each other a helping hoof, huh?
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
User avatar
Pickslide1992
 
Posts: 566
Joined: 20 Aug 2011 13:54
Location: Columbus, Georgia

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Triple_B » 09 Jan 2012 22:28

Pickslide1992 wrote:Another forum I'm a part of has one, so I thought I'd have one here. This is a thread where myself or other forum members can help anypony here with a problem of if you feel like getting something off your chest, do it here.

I'll go on and break the ice. So far, this year has been nothing but major suckage for me. First off, my guitar had a busted tuner that was, thankfully, replaced, but that's only the beginning. My laptop got a virus and I have to put everything I had on it back, right before school started back, no less. Speaking of school, my college's website isn't working for me on any computer I use, making it impossible for me to do any assignments so far.


College's website issue; Try googling whatever error message your getting, using a different web browser (You'd be surprised how often that is the problem, for whatever reason) even if it means reverting back to IE. Try fiddling with your LAN settings/proxy and whatnot. Google chrome has an option for it under Options>Under the Hood, depending on your version of windows, I don't know how to get there from control panel/wherever else; might try googling that too. "How to change proxy settings Windows XYZ"?

But yeah, I have no idea how else to fix that if these don't work.

That said, I'll happily help with any problems you have as I assume you will mine. Let's lend each other a helping hoof, huh?


Sounds like a good idea bro; let's do this.

In retrospect, I shouldn't be here; I pay a therapist good money, and she's really nice, but meh... Whatever.

*Deleted entire rant*

I just suddenly became very, very, very uncomfortable with posting in this thread; I'm not entirely sure I want to, like... Share...

I'd love your guy's help but to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure who I can trust.
10/15/2014 - I finally return to ponies? Maybe.

Actually it was more like 10/12/2015

My current SoundCloud, pony & non-pony things found here.

I have 4 EP's under this alias!

Somepony talk to me, I are the lonelies. :c
User avatar
Triple_B
 
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 21:49
Location: Douglas, Wyoming
OS: Windows 7, 64 bit!
Primary: Ableton Live Suite 8.2
Cutie Mark: EDM History!

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby TheSunAndTheRainfall » 09 Jan 2012 23:22

Well, I'm not always the best person to give out advice, but I'm always willing to do my best to listen and comfort, at the very least. If anyone feels like venting but doesn't want to do so in public, you can always PM me or shoot me a mail. c:
User avatar
TheSunAndTheRainfall
 
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Jul 2011 13:42
Location: Mexico

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby randomblockfilms » 09 Jan 2012 23:32

ok ill vent here. even though its not really a vent. lol. well accually it is a vent. i guess. im so undeceived. :P

so my little brother got a laptop back in september. all he does is play minecraft and stuff. i mean minecraft is a cool game and all but thats ALL he does. yes i admit i do a lot of pony stuff but i do other things too. but he tells me about how the worlds are generated and how some 64 java bit thing isnt working and he tells me almost ALL of Notch's tweets. PLUS he stays up at night playing minecraft and my parents caught him so now they turn off the wifi at night. im like WTF BRAH!?!?! ive been able to sneak on at night without getting caught and play silly games for like 2 years and you cant even keep it a secret for like a month?!? and now he talks all technical and stuff and it bugs the heck out of me. he is all like, "on ebay there's an iMac 27" 3.4 GHz i7 quad core processor with 4 Gigabytes of RAM for only $1,200. I could have bought that instead." and i love tech specks and all but he just is way over the top and stuff. and as i was typing this he tells me which screws on the back of his laptop are longer. he probably knows this cause he has watched like 100 videos that show you how to replace your RAM. plus he is really quiet at school and all. like he talks to nobody i bet. but when he comes home, he talks and talks and talks about the smallest things. i mean he's a cool brother and all but he just talks A LOT!

TL;DR i killed 2 people at my school and now their parents are trying to kill me. plz help me find a safe place to hide.
mahYoutubeChannal

Take my advice with a grain of salt as i too am learning how this music stuff works
English is my native language but it is defiantly not my forte.
User avatar
randomblockfilms
 
Posts: 338
Joined: 11 Dec 2011 22:42
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
OS: Windows 98
Primary: Ableton 8

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby MasterOfRegret » 10 Jan 2012 01:28

^This tech specs rant if you don't wanna call it a rant, don't explains my brother pretty well too, except he says it all to be better than me. "My TV is an HD LED 3D WITH BLAH BLAH BLAH AND TEH HDMI BLAH BLAH MY COMPUTER SCREEN TOO.YOURS DOESNT HAVE ANY OF THAT" Ya, I know. It really is so annoying.

Speaking of TVs my brand new HD LED is broken, just out of the blue, pretty sad now, because I can't chat with half of my friends because I can't see what I'm doing on my xbox, but I'm kinda okay with it because it forces me to focus on all the crap I missed in school, what with the 4 essays, a video project and a research paper all due, not to mention the finals I have later this week and next week...and the programming project.... Oh :shock: what the heck am I gonna do?
And now I have to see if I can or can't get enough money by July to afford a cross country plane ticket (2-way) to see my best friend before she goes to France, and I have no idea how to do that either....

But maybe some good news is that.... I don't think I have any good news... Wow this is a downer...
Check out my stuff.
| Youtube | SoundCloud |
I'm finally getting good at this!
Image
User avatar
MasterOfRegret
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012 15:08
Location: Far from the world of you and I
OS: Horse OS
Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Navron » 10 Jan 2012 08:07

Venting eh? Okay.

Yesterday I decided to do a crossfit workout involving:

10 sets of:
135lb Deadlift, 10 Reps
10 Pushups

The only problem, was the fact I haven't done deadlifts in over a month, and I immediately rushed in to do 100 of those things total, with little to no warmup.

I was stupid, and I'm paying the price for it now. I can barely move because the muscles from either side of my spine on my lower back all the way to the back of my knee are insanely tight. Probably a bad case of DOMS, but it was enough to prevent me from getting much sleep last night, and I've got a 5hr helo flight today...awesome.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
User avatar
Navron
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 955
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 21:28
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Cubase 6.5

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 10 Jan 2012 09:49

Aww look! Straight Bs for research, law, and policy!

Then history got flat E. I fudging spent a week not sleeping for that module. I don't fudging understand why, but that is the subject that I probably understand better than the others. Maybe because of my stupid review on the black world of Dadaism. Maybe because I'm so suck in English. Maybe because I'm a foreigner from a country who exports maids/servants for national income studying in the, oh, so sophisticated, stressfully-educated country. Or maybe I'm just too plain stoopid.

And now I'm at risk on passing for the next semester.
Yes, they printed it with red.


By the way, this is a hugging thread too, right?

*hugs to anyone who posted or will be posting here*
User avatar
MiuMiuChuu
 
Posts: 124
Joined: 21 Oct 2011 04:21
Location: Over the Rainbow
Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Freewave » 10 Jan 2012 11:55

Hugging: I promise to try to listen to any track that's posted in the Music section (because its nice when people check out your track and give you constructive criticism coupled with positive feedback). I might only do this on the back end of the week (from work) :D but I'll try my best.

Venting: That section would be more helpful if other people did the same. If you post your tracks in there take the time to listen to your fellow bronies, it's only fair and you'll get a better grasp on how to make music (and when you do that you both get better). It stinks when you see only 1 or 2 comments for a track.

Back to Hugging: My first Toastbeard/Simulcast was a totally awesome experience. Seeing people dig my remix and other peoples tracks was just one of the best moments since joining the community and it recharged my creative batteries. I highly recommend getting involved if you don't feel involved yet do it, as its like the Music section here is supposed to be but with feedback from 40 of you fellow bronies all in real time. Seriously its awesome and I'm glad its there. By all means if you haven't participated take the time to do so.

Yeah i know this is more on-topic with forum/community stuff than personal life but don't hesitate to breach that subject if you think it helps. Pony Confessions Tumbler doesn't work as well as it should as it's rarely as positive as it should be and people hide behind anonymity. We can do something like that in here but with a much more positive spin. :D

editing this as i did a terrible time of listening in this thread (which is the damn point of it) :oops:

NavyBrony that sounds incredibly painful. I know you're in better shape than 99% of us but take care of yourself. I hope some Ibuprofen and sleep is all you need to bounce back but I wish you a quick recovery.

randomblockfilms I have some friends into Warcraft and NOW the Star Wars online game and its weird seeing people spending so much time on these games. Then again the MLP community consumes a ton of time so maybe its not that different. Still I'm its hard to relate with others when they don't have a clue what people see in it.

MasterOfRegret wow that sounds like a lot of stuff breaking at once. Hopefully your due for some positive things to come your way. At least its an opportunity to get caught up on your studies which sounds like a necessity.

Tripl If you wanna confide or talk through something, pm me. I'd be happy to listen and keep it private.
Last edited by Freewave on 10 Jan 2012 16:55, edited 10 times in total.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Image
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
User avatar
Freewave
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: 29 Nov 2011 12:33
Location: Denver
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby TheSunAndTheRainfall » 10 Jan 2012 12:26

@randomblockfilms: That reminds me a bit of my sister, but to a more annoying extent. If you don't wanna listen to him anymore I guess the best you could do is just flat out tell him you're not interested in any of that, and that it's getting on your nerves. That worked on me when my sister god fed up with me talking ALL THE TIME about Pokemon a couple of years back. :B Or you could just ignore him, but I think it might be helpful to find out why he's telling you (and only you, from the looks of it) all this stuff. Maybe he just wants someone to talk to, and you're the only person he knows will listen, and that's the only topic he can more or less work his way around.


@MasterOfRegret: man, don't I know that feel. :/ Having a ton of school work on your shoulders and feeling like no matter how hard you work you just can't seem to shake it off is one hell of a downer. Unfortunately, the only solution to this is working even harder. Don't hesitate to go to your peers for help, I know that among a bunch of classmates we've managed to help each other out each semester, be it by sharing sources, resources and just general pointers in all kinds of assignments. That stuff definitely lets you breathe a little.


@NavyBrony: oh, wow. :D Well that sucks big time, I just hope that doesn't make going about your business too intolerable.


@Miu: Miu, you're not stupid. Don't even dare to think that. As for the rest, well I can't tell what the source of the problem is. :c I guess everyone has their lows in school every once in a while, and that doesn't prove anything, sometimes your grades are not so much the result of your effort as a reflection of how the teacher feels about you (or how much of a dick they are. I almost didn't pass two subjects because of this). But of course, I have no way of knowing the things that go on in your life, to tell you to do things this way, or to even tell you it will all be alright, so I'm just gonna ask you to hang in there. You can pull through.



Big hugs to everyone in here. c:
User avatar
TheSunAndTheRainfall
 
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Jul 2011 13:42
Location: Mexico

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby randomblockfilms » 10 Jan 2012 17:33

DJ Pon-3 wrote:Hugging: I promise to try to listen to any track that's posted in the Music section (because its nice when people check out your track and give you constructive criticism coupled with positive feedback). I might only do this on the back end of the week (from work) :D but I'll try my best.



YES!! i try to do this but there are soo many musics and soo little time GAH! if i have the time i try to listen to them but there so much! i always fell guilty when i don't listen to someone's music.
mahYoutubeChannal

Take my advice with a grain of salt as i too am learning how this music stuff works
English is my native language but it is defiantly not my forte.
User avatar
randomblockfilms
 
Posts: 338
Joined: 11 Dec 2011 22:42
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
OS: Windows 98
Primary: Ableton 8

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby TheSunAndTheRainfall » 10 Jan 2012 17:44

randomblockfilms wrote:YES!! i try to do this but there are soo many musics and soo little time GAH! if i have the time i try to listen to them but there so much! i always fell guilty when i don't listen to someone's music.


Yeah, same. It really makes a difference to know that at least somebody out there is listening, and especially if you're starting out, having someone comment on your stuff, even if it's just a "hey, I like this, keep up the good work!" can make a really big impact on your spirits and motivation to keep working. And yeah, sometimes I don't feel like hanging out and listening to tons of stuff, sometimes I can't even think of what to say, or sometimes I feel ridiculous trying to give out advice that more often than not sounds half assed and totally missing the point, but I still try, because people did the same for me a while back, and that was very big for me.
User avatar
TheSunAndTheRainfall
 
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Jul 2011 13:42
Location: Mexico

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby randomblockfilms » 10 Jan 2012 18:10

TheSunAndTheRainfall wrote:@randomblockfilms: That reminds me a bit of my sister, but to a more annoying extent. If you don't wanna listen to him anymore I guess the best you could do is just flat out tell him you're not interested in any of that, and that it's getting on your nerves. That worked on me when my sister god fed up with me talking ALL THE TIME about Pokemon a couple of years back. :B Or you could just ignore him, but I think it might be helpful to find out why he's telling you (and only you, from the looks of it) all this stuff. Maybe he just wants someone to talk to, and you're the only person he knows will listen, and that's the only topic he can more or less work his way around.



yeah i mean i love my brother to death. in fact my cousins and friends always ask us why we dont fight. and we never do fight. more like debate. but i guess maybe its the combination of me going through a teenager phase where i get annoyed easily and where he just wants to talk a lot. plus i also kind of talk about random stuff with him too. we discuss technical stuff together a lot but i guess because of my teenagerish mood swings, he will talk technical to me when im not in a technical mood. i could tell him but then he might get scared n stuff so ill just love and tolerate it for the time being. :3
mahYoutubeChannal

Take my advice with a grain of salt as i too am learning how this music stuff works
English is my native language but it is defiantly not my forte.
User avatar
randomblockfilms
 
Posts: 338
Joined: 11 Dec 2011 22:42
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
OS: Windows 98
Primary: Ableton 8

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Navron » 10 Jan 2012 20:30

Well the helo flight was pretty painful. Chronic muscle tightness of the lower back through the whole 5hrs. Bought some ibuprofen right afterwards. Not sure if it's working or not. Certain websites say doms can only run it's course, and massages, ice baths, foam rollers, etc. won't do anything until it's time has run, including ibuprofen.

Curse you DOMS!

I've gotten it a few times before, each time caused by jumping back into a certain movement with a lot of intensity without having done that movement in awhile.

Hopefully this is the last time I learn this lesson :P
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
User avatar
Navron
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 955
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 21:28
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Cubase 6.5

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Triple_B » 10 Jan 2012 21:03

@NavyBrony Hot chocolate. I'm not even kidding; at the very least, will make you smile for a few moments before you move or something. Hot chocolate, I daresay, is just as magical as friendship.

I just typed out like four rants, deleted them, and typed this sentence; including trying to code one of them into Spanish, mixed with French, and as an anagram, (Not all at once) to make myself more comfortable with sharing.

This is more difficult than I'd thought it would be.


Plus I feel like one of those 14 year old girls whoring for attention on their precious Facebook with quotes and crap whenever I try to vent, I don't know why, it just comes off that way whenever I try.

Also; this was my 50th post apparently.... lol
Last edited by Triple_B on 10 Jan 2012 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
10/15/2014 - I finally return to ponies? Maybe.

Actually it was more like 10/12/2015

My current SoundCloud, pony & non-pony things found here.

I have 4 EP's under this alias!

Somepony talk to me, I are the lonelies. :c
User avatar
Triple_B
 
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 21:49
Location: Douglas, Wyoming
OS: Windows 7, 64 bit!
Primary: Ableton Live Suite 8.2
Cutie Mark: EDM History!

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Pickslide1992 » 10 Jan 2012 21:22

Guys, one of my cousins was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism and had a visit to the hospital. She got to leave, thank goodness, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I've been to the hospital (Twice, both for major surgeries) and it's not a day at the beach, and having a cousin (Who has two children and a loving husband) become borderline anemic is a hard pill to swallow (Pun not intended)
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
User avatar
Pickslide1992
 
Posts: 566
Joined: 20 Aug 2011 13:54
Location: Columbus, Georgia

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby TheSunAndTheRainfall » 10 Jan 2012 21:24

@Triple_B: sometimes it's better to just spit it out as it comes, and get it all off your chest once and for all, if that's what you want. We'll listen, don't worry. c:


@Pickslide: Jeez, that's pretty terrible. And scary. D: I hope your cousin is able to manage it without having it interfere with her life as much as possible. And yeah, I can see why that would make you worried in turn. I guess all you can do right now is trying to stay as healthy as you can.
User avatar
TheSunAndTheRainfall
 
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Jul 2011 13:42
Location: Mexico

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby MasterOfRegret » 10 Jan 2012 22:32

@Pickslide: I hope your cousin is able to manage as well. Not to be mean or anything, but I think you are doing the best thing by worrying still, I have been to the hospital many times,(for major and not-as-major-but-still-important-surgeries) and I don't trust doctors anymore. It's not that I don't think they can do their jobs right, well, it is that but I almost had a leg become completely useless because they didn't think anything was "wrong" and they disregarded anything I said for being young.
Moral of the story= Don't trust doctors all the time
Wish your cousin the best and watch out for her
Check out my stuff.
| Youtube | SoundCloud |
I'm finally getting good at this!
Image
User avatar
MasterOfRegret
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 02 Jan 2012 15:08
Location: Far from the world of you and I
OS: Horse OS
Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby randomblockfilms » 10 Jan 2012 23:31

@Pickslide
man i really dont like diseases, disabilities, deformities or anything that has to do with the hospital basically. Best of luck to your cousin.
mahYoutubeChannal

Take my advice with a grain of salt as i too am learning how this music stuff works
English is my native language but it is defiantly not my forte.
User avatar
randomblockfilms
 
Posts: 338
Joined: 11 Dec 2011 22:42
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
OS: Windows 98
Primary: Ableton 8

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 11 Jan 2012 09:34

Triple_B wrote:Plus I feel like one of those 14 year old girls whoring for attention on their precious Facebook with quotes and crap whenever I try to vent, I don't know why, it just comes off that way whenever I try.


There's a different with this. Venting doesn't necessarily craving for attention, you just need an outlet to let something go. I'm sure people here at least listen (or read?) to vents written in this thread. Again, you express your feelings to what happened to you exactly the way it is, not sugaring up with some quotes you don't even bother research about and secretly feels you're the smartest/most dramatic person in this room.
Yeah, I kinda hate those kind of girls too.

Guys, one of my cousins was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism and had a visit to the hospital. She got to leave, thank goodness, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. I've been to the hospital (Twice, both for major surgeries) and it's not a day at the beach, and having a cousin (Who has two children and a loving husband) become borderline anemic is a hard pill to swallow (Pun not intended)


Oh my, my best prayers is with your cousin and her family.

And for everyone here, I may not reply to all of your vents, but I do read them and again, hugs to you all.
User avatar
MiuMiuChuu
 
Posts: 124
Joined: 21 Oct 2011 04:21
Location: Over the Rainbow
Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Pickslide1992 » 11 Jan 2012 19:27

Thanks guys for all the support. She's doing well, but still has to take medicine. As for my personal hospital visits, one was for appendicitis, and the other was for testicular torsion (I apologize if that's TMI). Both were major (As in, if I didn't get to the ER in time, I would have lost something, be it one of my family jewels, my leg, or my life)

But I'm glad this thread's helping people. I know one thing that bronies do oh so well is help each other, and that more than doubles if it's in a community like ours (That is, a group of musicians).
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
User avatar
Pickslide1992
 
Posts: 566
Joined: 20 Aug 2011 13:54
Location: Columbus, Georgia

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Triple_B » 18 Jan 2012 16:57

*Inhale*

I just quit.

I actually quit. I mean, I may be a pathetic lazy puke, but I don't quit; normally.

Since the beginning of the school year, this year, I've been taking a BEC class; Basic Emergency Care, and today I finished the semester long course, finished my ifnal, and.... tried... to take my application exam for becoming a First Responder. (Google it)

I pussied out. I quit. I gave up, and I feel horrible; crushed even, that I made that choice. I hate myself right now, more so than usual because my own self confidence issues have finally escalated to the point that it could potentially mean the death of another human being. Their. Death.

Because of me. Because I shirked a responsibility I was trusted with, someone. Will. Die. I mean, this ain't my first rodeo, nor my first dance with death, (Speaking of which, a lovely red pickup truck was about a foot away from hitting me as I crossed the street as he ran a red light, while talking on his phone. I was close enough to notice it was an iPhone, how fucking sad is that?) but that doesn't make me feel any better.

Not only that, I also kind of feel like I let myself down. I let go and gave up. I feel so.... Horrible. Just, utterly bad. Just bad. Can't even get a better description than that, and now I won't have a second chance.

In other news, My MIDI mixing controller came in yesterday; works flawlessly except one, rather large, thing.

It has no knobs for key changes; rendering my normal habit of harmonic mixing completely and utterly impossible, without use of a different skin and the mouse. It also doesn't have anything on it that I DON'T use, so I can't remap something else.... Unless any of you happen to know how to remap a pair of buttons onto the functions of a knob; 'cause that would work lovely.

Also; my show at the Bonanza (local venue) is fuxed; they won't even take our money, which is retarded because they not only make money from concessions but they also make money from the 100% of ticket profits that they take from us. I'd be playing for free, to make them, a charity, money. And they won't have me, not even on like, a Thursday show; what the literal fuck?

NOT ONLY THAT; speaking of shows, there's another show on the same date mine was supposed to be, only this one is in Denver, Colorado; and I am being pressed to send them an inquisition about it, (They have headliners but need a few local people) which I really don't want to do; this one would be a pumping crowd of strangers on drugs, rather than a pumping crowd of my friends on drugs; much more dangerous. Though it'd be the same number of people, at least.... I think.

Oh yeah; and did I mention my 'friends' don't like my any more because I "ditched" them for ponies and music and I think I'm falling in love with one of those "friends' " girlfriend, while at the SAME FUCKING TIME I am head-over-heels for a crush who lives two-time-zones away from me... who is of the same sex.

Oh yeah, and <Insert rant about how I hate my music and how I should just give up and furious jealousy of Omnipony and how blahblahblahblahblahblah, etc> Though I did finish a .... something, remix; that I was told I did a good job on, just need some mastering to touch it up a bit; then it hits YT and SC.

That's good enough for now I think.

I love you guys.
10/15/2014 - I finally return to ponies? Maybe.

Actually it was more like 10/12/2015

My current SoundCloud, pony & non-pony things found here.

I have 4 EP's under this alias!

Somepony talk to me, I are the lonelies. :c
User avatar
Triple_B
 
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 21:49
Location: Douglas, Wyoming
OS: Windows 7, 64 bit!
Primary: Ableton Live Suite 8.2
Cutie Mark: EDM History!

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby randomblockfilms » 18 Jan 2012 21:37

Triple_B wrote:Rant



awww yes!! you let up to it! i was wondering what your rant was going to be about and now we can helpz! :D


well you probably feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel do you? well weather you do or not, there is a light. and you will get there! its just that the tunnel that you are in is turning so its kind of hard to see it.

alright lets go through what ya got here. *kracks knuckles* ouch.

ok so you say you pussied out of taking the application thing. well was there a reason for it other than self confidence? maybe perhaps it just wasn't for you. you might like the course a lot but for some reason, you don't enjoy it. if this is the case i feel exactly how you feel. for example i love music and all. but sometimes im afraid to make it my career. I hear its a cutthroat industry. you either make it or break it. you got to be aggressive to succeed and i don't know if i have it in me. i might have it but i have yet to find out.

now the part with the truck, thats just a fact of life. we all have our close calls. like when i went rock climbing in this place called Joshua Tree with my boy scout troop. i almost fell of this 40 foot ledge because some kid pushed me just for the fun of it. Luckly i turned around and grabbed him and thank God he was fat. otherwise i might have pulled him down with me. but all those Big Macs saved us from possibly death.

now for the MIDI controller. If you use Ableton you should be able to map different MIDI keys and keyboard keys with the MIDI and KEY mapper on the top right section, near the CPU meter. you can map buttons to knobs and knobs to buttons. (I think) If you are using something else, there should be a way to map keys and stuff.

For this show at the Bonanza, im a bit confused. you are playing for a charity? well it cant be that bad if this is true. you are playing for free for a good cause. ( im assuming)
If this is some corrupt thing you are playing at, then i wouldn't recommend playing at all. do not feed greedy people. they are NAUGHTY!

now about this show in Denver, you say that you don't want to play cause you already have one that was planned? or is it because of the drugged up people you are playing for? Either way this i think is kind of a reason why i dont think i could be a DJ or performer. playing in front of a crown thats drunk and not even paying attention to awesome transitions of sick automations would make me feel kind of, "meh. why am i doing this?" Plus, if you bio info is right, you are only 16!! you are still very very VERY young! i don't think that preforming in front of an intoxicated audience is a good thing to do at your age. (although it would be an interesting story to tell)

ok now for the friends. they say you are ditching them for ponies and music. well they may have a point if you avoid hanging out with them by saying,
"oooh yeahh sorry. i got a gig im going to. its called BroNYcon. ya heard of it? its where musicians play music about ponies. and you guys dont like either of them so looks like you can't come." then they might have a point. Not sure if you do this or not but never brag about ANYTHING! bragging is just very bad. if your joking around thats a different story but if you full on mean it, you just kind of make yourself look dumb. my friend does this a lot. he will talk to me as if i dont know anything. he goes to Yosemite for the first time and he is like, "the cliffs are literally 3 THOUSAND FEET STRIATE DOWN!! LIKE REALLY! THEY ARE!! YOU HAVE TO GO THERE FOR YOURSELF!! YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT IME TALKING ABOUT! I MEAN LOOK A THIS PICTURE I TOOK!" *shows me a blurry picture of a 1000 foot drop* Image
then i tell him ive been there 4 times and he is all like. "oh...."

If you dont brag about ponies and music and they still think you are ditching them then they are not good people to hang out with. i mean they might be but i dont really know em. :P

and the part about falling in love "with one of those "friends' " girlfriend" i dont know if i can help you there. love isnt what i specialize in. xD to be honest, im 17 and i think im still too young. although it cant hurt it you have a soulmate at a young age.

and the part about omnipony. yeah. that is just something you have to get over. i mean im pretty sure most people's reason for quitting would be because of him. now he, HE has the right to brag. but when you are that good, its just kind of being mean.

hope this helps!!
mahYoutubeChannal

Take my advice with a grain of salt as i too am learning how this music stuff works
English is my native language but it is defiantly not my forte.
User avatar
randomblockfilms
 
Posts: 338
Joined: 11 Dec 2011 22:42
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
OS: Windows 98
Primary: Ableton 8

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Triple_B » 19 Jan 2012 00:21

randomblockfilms wrote:
Triple_B wrote:Rant



awww yes!! you let up to it! i was wondering what your rant was going to be about and now we can helpz! :D


This isn't even the half of it bro.

well you probably feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel


Eeyup.

well weather you do or not, there is a light. and you will get there! its just that the tunnel that you are in is turning so its kind of hard to see it.


Pitch black tunnel through Hell.... Yeah; can't really see turns. inb4 I run into a wall.

now for the MIDI controller. If you use Ableton you should be able to map different MIDI keys and keyboard keys with the MIDI and KEY mapper on the top right section, near the CPU meter. you can map buttons to knobs and knobs to buttons. (I think) If you are using something else, there should be a way to map keys and stuff.


I use Virtual DJ Pro 7.

For this show at the Bonanza, im a bit confused. you are playing for a charity? well it cant be that bad if this is true. you are playing for free for a good cause. ( im assuming)
If this is some corrupt thing you are playing at, then i wouldn't recommend playing at all. do not feed greedy people. they are NAUGHTY!


Yeah I just decided I'm not going to play crap there, ever. I'd rather rent out the roller rink for double and use it as a dance floor and keep 50% of the ticket sales than give to some lady, and a bunch of kids from my high school. Though in their defense, they are trying to get a new building, the current one is in the rear of a church, ironic because there are a bunch of fights, shootings, stabbings, and drugs there, 24/7.

now about this show in Denver, you say that you don't want to play cause you already have one that was planned? or is it because of the drugged up people you are playing for? Either way this i think is kind of a reason why i dont think i could be a DJ or performer. playing in front of a crown thats drunk and not even paying attention to awesome transitions of sick automations would make me feel kind of, "meh. why am i doing this?" Plus, if you bio info is right, you are only 16!! you are still very very VERY young! i don't think that preforming in front of an intoxicated audience is a good thing to do at your age. (although it would be an interesting story to tell)


Uh; quite frankly, most of the things I do at my age/did at my age(s) haven't been good for me. Hell; I've probably done more drugs than most of the people in that crowd. I don't anymore, but... Yeah. And yes, I am really 16. And I don't want to do it because it's a real gig in Denver not some show for 50 of my friends in the back of a church. You see the drastic difference?

ok now for the friends. they say you are ditching them for ponies and music. well they may have a point if you avoid hanging out with them by saying,
"oooh yeahh sorry. i got a gig im going to. its called BroNYcon. ya heard of it? its where musicians play music about ponies. and you guys dont like either of them so looks like you can't come." then they might have a point. Not sure if you do this or not but never brag about ANYTHING! bragging is just very bad. if your joking around thats a different story but if you full on mean it, you just kind of make yourself look dumb. my friend does this a lot. he will talk to me as if i dont know anything. he goes to Yosemite for the first time and he is like, "the cliffs are literally 3 THOUSAND FEET STRIATE DOWN!! LIKE REALLY! THEY ARE!! YOU HAVE TO GO THERE FOR YOURSELF!! YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT IME TALKING ABOUT! I MEAN LOOK A THIS PICTURE I TOOK!" *shows me a blurry picture of a 1000 foot drop* Image
then i tell him ive been there 4 times and he is all like. "oh...."

If you dont brag about ponies and music and they still think you are ditching them then they are not good people to hang out with. i mean they might be but i dont really know em. :P


TL:DR; My friends are dicks; so get new ones.

Tried that.

and the part about falling in love "with one of those "friends' " girlfriend" i dont know if i can help you there. love isnt what i specialize in. xD to be honest, im 17 and i think im still too young. although it cant hurt it you have a soulmate at a young age.


Quite frankly, I'm not really worried about her. She's cool and stuff but I'm pretty sure being straight with my bro will keep me in line, so no biggie, however I am much more worried about this potentially unhealthy crush I have on an individual I've talked to a whole sum of once.

Also, regarding said girl; love was an excessively strong word to use.

and the part about omnipony. yeah. that is just something you have to get over. i mean im pretty sure most people's reason for quitting would be because of him. now he, HE has the right to brag. but when you are that good, its just kind of being mean.


If he bragged, I'd be mad at him, honestly. And I've been trying really, really, really effing hard to get over it... ._.

hope this helps!!


You have no idea how much it helps to have some one/pony who cares.

I still feel like one of the facebook whores though...
10/15/2014 - I finally return to ponies? Maybe.

Actually it was more like 10/12/2015

My current SoundCloud, pony & non-pony things found here.

I have 4 EP's under this alias!

Somepony talk to me, I are the lonelies. :c
User avatar
Triple_B
 
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 21:49
Location: Douglas, Wyoming
OS: Windows 7, 64 bit!
Primary: Ableton Live Suite 8.2
Cutie Mark: EDM History!

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Navron » 19 Jan 2012 09:37

Triple, perhaps my own story of my rescue in 2010 could help relate to your final exam:

The reposition was successful, and we lower the basket as he rescues the first survivor and puts him in. I was assisting in the cabin while AW3 Cook ran the hoist. Well, as the first survivor came up, I immediately got him out of the basket, gave him hearing protection, and floatation. He had a very blank stare, with a little shock, but seemed to understand the questions I was asking him, which were mainly about his own health and how many others there were.

The second survivor was fairly composed (Boat Captain), but that didn't stop him from trying to jump from the basket into the helo before we could pull it in. Cook and I both grab the guy to keep him from falling, and drag him into the cabin. I asked the same questions, and gave him the same equipment, which is when I found out he was the captain.

Third survivor was very cold, delerious, and in a state of shock. I tore open a wool blanket, wrapped it around him, and saw it was helping. At this point I no longer cared I wouldn't be going in the water. I was already content just assisting in the ways I have. That's when Lauer started swimming very slow, and requested to be picked up due to fatigue. I was going in for the last guy.

So as they lower me down on the hoist I can see the sea state getting bigger and bigger, and I was spinning quite a bit. My mask was completely fogged from the sweaty cabin work, so I lifted it up just to see where the boat was. The spinning wasn't helping, but finally stopped near the water. Now I was swinging. I was swinging so fast on the hoist I was worried I would hit the boat and/or skip across the water. Cook was able to remedy that was raising me up a little bit. Then he set me down in the water about 10ft away from the boat.

Well, the 2-3s it took to signal, "I am all right," and disconnect from the hook, the boat was already 20ft away, and I couldn't see it behind the 8ft seas. I didn't care though, for I knew it wasn't too far. I crest a swell, and boom! There's the boat! Getting farther and farther away. I start swimming as hard as I can (with my mask up, and snorkel in). I was very high off adrenaline, but also completely terrified, especially when the helo started backing away to get me out of the rotor wash. All of the sudden it's quiet, dark, and I'm alone in the open ocean. I choked on so much salt water already, and because I was swimming as hard as I could, was out of breath. My legs were burning, and thoughts started going through my head like,

"Why did you do this? Did you think you were a real rescue swimmer? There's no way you can find that boat again. You're survivor is going to be lost forever, and probably you too."

I was determined though, and finally caught a glimpse of the boat. Not too far away, so I kicked harder than before, finally reaching the boat. I ask the guy if he's ready to go, and he nods his head. I then signaled the helo to pick us up, and extend my hand to help the guy out. He thought I was trying to go into the boat, and was pulling me in. Using hand gestures, he finally caught on, and jumped into the water, in which I placed him in a cross-chest carry, and started buddy towing towards the helo.

Once the helo was overhead, the rescue strop was lowered. Getting blown around by the rotor wash, I exhaust myself further getting to it, which only made placing the survivor in it that much harder. The entire time I was praying I would throw up all the sea water I swallowed, but no relief. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, but in actuality was only a couple minutes, I check the survivor and myself over, and give the thumbs up. Nothing felt better than when we were lifted free of the water, and on the way up to the cabin. Once in, Cook closed the cabin door, Lauer tended to the last survivor, and I strapped in, still wanting to throw up. The 15min ride home seemed an eternity when feeling like puking.


When you get into the area of lifesaving, the thought that a person could lose their life over your own mistakes or timing, is (to simply put it), nauseating. While I did swallow a decent amount of sea water, in itself it doesn't cause gut wrenching nausea. That was a combination of my heart beating insanely fast, my adrenaline being sky high, and the fear that I wouldn't find the survivor, and he would die, or both of us.

There really isn't much you can do about that brick wall when you hit it. You just have to acknowledge that it will be there (especially the first time), and push through it.

You'd be surprised how much your training comes into play in this kind of situation. My adrenaline was so high I didn't really remember much from the time I left the helo to the time I got back in, but even while in this zombified state of paralyzing fear, my body just simply went through everything I had learned, step for step.

I have no doubts that even if you think your fear will stop you, you'll catch yourself doing everything right on autopilot.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
User avatar
Navron
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 955
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 21:28
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Cubase 6.5

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby TheSunAndTheRainfall » 19 Jan 2012 13:42

Dayum, Triple_B, you've got quite the load on you right now.

In regards to the test, aside from what NavyBrony said, you say you feel disappointed at yourself for not taking it, and I understand, but at the same time, you're right; there's too much at stake in a real life situation where another person's life is in your hands. Maybe right now you don't feel like you're ready to take on such big responsability, don't worry, there may be another chance farther along the line. But still, with the skills you learned and the training you've gotten, I'm sure you're more than capable of performing as you should if the situation ever arises. And like NavyBrony said, there will be times when you'll do everything you should have done, and you still won't be able to salvage the situation. There's only so much anyone can do about it, and whenever it is not possible then it's just not. It sucks balls, but it's part of the job.

As for the Bonanza show, I say screw them. It's their loss if they don't want you to play there. And if you really don't want to play that show in Denver, try to talk your bandmates out of it. There's nothing wrong with feeling uncomfortable about the audience you'll be having at a show.

Ah, them cursed matters of the heart. Or hormones, or whatever. They're such a drag. There's really not so much you can to to stop feeling like that about those people, the most you can do is watch your actions. You say you won't try anything with your friend's girlfriend, and that's cool. About this other crush... why don't you just let the situation take you for a ride? Get to know each other better, figure out your feelings towards him... of course, the same sex thing can be a problem, especially if he's straight, but really, you don't have much to lose by trying.


And about the Omnipony thing, just know that you're not alone, and that it's something many of us are still trying to overcome. :/


I'm glad that you decided to open up to us, and don't worry about how you think you come across as, we'll gladly listen to you whenever you need to speak out. I'm not much in the way of advice, or words in general to be honest, but I can lend you my ears (eyes, whatever) whenever you need them. c:
User avatar
TheSunAndTheRainfall
 
Posts: 298
Joined: 04 Jul 2011 13:42
Location: Mexico

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron