Software of choice for converting sound only to Video

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Software of choice for converting sound only to Video

Postby Biff0r » 19 Dec 2011 13:01

So, what do you guys use? I'm currently doing this with an old version of freaking Magix Music Maker, and it always screws up the whole song. Did try Windows Movie Maker, but can't get it to work properly :)
Biff0r

Re: Software of choice for converting sound only to Video

Postby bartekko » 19 Dec 2011 13:14

I tried two ways:

1.) ableton live + quick time player can make uncompressed .mov .avi and a few other kinds of video files. That gives a better quality than WMM, but uploading 60 MB is a bitch, and making videos this way sometimes causes live to crash.

2.) Windows movie maker. I use it for most of yt uploads, But As you said earlier, you can't get it to work properly. Maybe you are doing something wrong? what happens when you drag and drop the pictures and music to the library, and then to Timeline? which version of movie maker is it? how do you export it?

Or while you don't find a better way, send the finished song and album art to me. I'll make a video of it and send it back to you.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby Aussie » 19 Dec 2011 16:33

I use Sony Vegas for most of my videos, unless I'm way too lazy to load it up, which is when I use WMM. Vegas is great when you want a little more to your videos instead of a simple album art. ;)
Aussie

Postby Versilaryan » 19 Dec 2011 16:43

I use Windows Live Movie Maker. It's an absolute piece of crap, but it works.

What version of Windows Movie Maker are you using? If you're not using Windows 7, I suggest you get Windows Live Movie Maker. It has the most horrendous interface on the planet (seriously, I don't understand how they took one of the most unintuitive programs on the face of the earth and make it worse), but it sound quality is far better than its predecessor.

If you want to do anything remotely fancy with your videos, though, you're going to have to acquire a real movie editor like Adobe Premier to do anything.
Versilaryan

Postby sci » 19 Dec 2011 16:46

EZ method: http://i.imgur.com/G5N8D.jpg

it's like magic.
sci

Primary: OpenMPT
Cutie Mark: Sampling

Postby Mundius » 20 Dec 2011 07:25

Adobe Premiere Pro. It might kill a bit of space, but you can make it any quality you want.
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Off-Topic Discussion