Time to Mosey On (I'm stepping down as admin)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Time to Mosey On (I'm stepping down as admin)

Postby Freewave » 31 Dec 2014 15:23

Hey all. We're on the event of a new year and I'm making a painful but an inevitable decision. I'm going to be stepping down as an admin on MLR. There are some upcoming plans that Makkon and Kyoga have to make some much needed changes on MLR to try keep it vital as a general music site. I think there's every reason to step aside and let Kyoga and Makkon run the site the way they want to. It's just time to move on now with that happening and with a new year ahead. I've needed to cut back on my involvement for awhile and this is the best decision to make. I wish them a lot of luck in keeping new musicians coming in the door and looking to the future.

I won't lie and say that my loyalty is and always has been to the brony community specifically. I think MLP and MLR specifically created an amazing music scene and while it's been through a load of changes (good and many bad) in the 3 years I've been here, it's one i wish to see continue. There's a load of newer and less recognized brony musicians that have a much harder time getting recognition in these apathetic times and living in the shadow of those who helped influenced them to make music about ponies. While I'm still in this community I'm going to keep doing what i have been doing; Running BMD (mostly as an archive now), Fimmusic (as one of the few places LEFT talking about the current pony music scene), finishing up the Maressey group project, and then just getting the last few tracks out before i hang up my hat. If there's anyone who out there who still loves this scene, listens to a lot of the music, and wants it to survive please let me know IF you're interested in helping FIMM or BMD continue. I'd be lying if its not really up to the newer musicians or even listeners who still have some spark of optimism and enthusiasm that are going to keep it going. That might not be ME anymore but I'm all for helping out and being a loud speaker for anyone who wants to keep that dream alive with the concept of recognizing others.

I won't be leaving MLR altogether, as it's still a place i check out almost daily but I'll just be just another poster again. It isn't worth renewing my subscription as admin as I don't feel i fit in as that anymore. Thanks for everyone who stood by my side here (especially during some of the bumpy times) and thanks to MLR for being a home during the simpler times. I wish it luck in the future ahead and that it continues to have a long legacy.

Thanks all

Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: Time to Mosey On (I'm stepping down as admin)

Postby ExoBassTix » 31 Dec 2014 18:09

I guess it's only for the best for you then. At least it's great to know a fellow top 5 poster isn't leaving :)
Also great that FiMM and BMD will keep on going strong with your leadership!
I'm also really curious about Makkon and Kyoga's plans that you mentioned!

Well anyways, thanks for your leadership!
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Pulse Wave » 01 Jan 2015 09:32

As you said, it isn't like you're leaving brony music or even the bronydom altogether. And you have more than enough to do already now, two more brony music sites and the rest of Maressey (well, "rest" is an understatement, I guess). So it's only natural that you have to step back somewhere, and MLR is the project that's the most likely to carry on without you running it.

I wish you good luck, not for your "time after MLR", but particularly for everything else you're doing.

And I'm curious about what Makkon and Kyoga have up their sleeves for MLR.
Old brony, older than old school.
Gear list, Jabber ID: see my profile.
No FL Studio, no VSTs. No Skype, no YouTube.

Sounds fly through the night, I follow Vın̈yl Scratch to Pony Wonderland.
Pulse Wave

OS: For music, you mean? Debian Buster + bits and pieces of KXStudio.
Primary: Hardware synths and samplers and sequencing and effects and mixing all the way. Plus Qtractor.
Cutie Mark: Green 33% width pulse wave

Postby Freewave » 02 Jan 2015 12:11

Thanks guys. To be clear this will likely be my last year active within the fandom. Moving apart from MLR is a part of a longer goodbye and a winding down of my involvement within it. Whether BMD, FIMM, or even MLR continue to go strong really depends on if its supported both internally (by a staff that still cares for its longevity and its vision) and externally (whether people use them actively still). I've seen many brony music sites go by the wayside; some get shut down, some go non-pony, and some just stagnate and have no energy left but nobody pulls the plug. I'd rather keep my sites going if there's a reason to but I certainly can't do everything myself and I am running out of energy trying to be that engine. I've been doing this for three long years now and it's been a lot of tiring and sometimes frustrating work. If people take an active role and provide support hopefully i can keep my sites going and I could turn them over to a team by the end. If not then they'll be part of a long line of brony things that tried hard but ceased to be. MLR has a capable team that can keep it going as a general music forum too. I am certainly no longer needed for that now and their plans don't really match up with what I was hoping to see to ensure the future of this community that I still invest and believe in.

Anyway I wanted to clear that up. It's been a conclusion I've been pondering for quite awhile but its the right decision for me and the right time to do so.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Ricky Denzel » 05 Jan 2015 10:58

Well, it was nice knowing you. Have some Incubus

Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Acsii » 06 Jan 2015 03:45

Have fun with your future man. Thanks for being such a great admin, we'll miss you. Also thanks for your involvement in both Seeking Solace Albums. I really wish I could type a paragraph on wishing you goodbye but as I've only known you online there's not much to say haha. But I will leave you with this.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby NightmareRare » 06 Jan 2015 23:57

Well I haven't been here long but may your road be strait and always lead home=D
Hayden Wired
Twitter Time!
Facebook Friend Machine!
---
" I never fell apart because I guess I never really fell together."
- Andy Warhol
NightmareRare

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Cup of Coffee

Postby Jokeblue » 08 Jan 2015 08:10

Already said a small thing over skype but yeah whatevs lets say it again here. You did a great job as site admin and it was awesome havin you as head honcho. 10/10 job.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby caprix snare » 18 Jan 2015 21:50

thanks for all the work you did here it was great free
space pirates from mars.
caprix snare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: al bout da booty

Return to Off-Topic Discussion