Help getting a truck

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Help getting a truck

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 05 Nov 2014 19:57

hey, I need a little help spreading the word about a GoFundMe about me trying to help my parents get a new truck. I'm not asking for you to donate to me, but if you could help spread the word for me, that would be the best. gofundme.com/gu9tt8 thank you
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Re: Help getting a truck

Postby itroitnyah » 06 Nov 2014 06:35

Is that truck in the picture the one that broke? Because if it is, it seems like your family is already pretty well off. You should probably not try to ask people to give you the money to do this and instead get a job to help your parents pay for a new truck if this is the case.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 06 Nov 2014 07:32

itroitnyah wrote:Is that truck in the picture the one that broke? Because if it is, it seems like your family is already pretty well off. You should probably not try to ask people to give you the money to do this and instead get a job to help your parents pay for a new truck if this is the case.

The truck in the picture is something that I would intend to get for them because they are cheap people and would never get anything nice like it by themselves.
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby itroitnyah » 06 Nov 2014 15:08

Alright, well you still didn't explain whether or not your family actually needs the help of a fundraiser. If this is something that your family can afford, it's not a good idea to go about internet forums asking for help getting them a better truck than what they're going to get. If you want to do that, earn the money yourself, don't beg for other people to give you the money so that you can do it. If you family was in a financial crisis and owning a car was very important to your family's needs, that'd be a different story.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Stuntddude » 06 Nov 2014 17:05

Asking for money on the internet is a huge taboo unless:
- you really, seriously are in very dire financial straits and need money very, very desperately
- you are an artist or other content creator putting up a "donate" button, or some equivalent, for your work
- you are a game developer or some equivalent who legitimately needs funding to be able to finish a major project that you've already started and made good progress on

If you're none of the above, people will judge you harshly, whether or not it's justified.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Return to Off-Topic Discussion