A Public Service Announcement

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: A Public Service Announcement

Postby jubian » 16 Dec 2011 02:22

I know everyone is going to hate me for resurrecting this thread, so I'll try to keep things brief.

I completely agree with the majority of stuff said in this thread. Miscommunication and suppression of emotion has been the crux of many arguments with my mum, for instance, which resulted in me being thrown out of the house or being disowned, or abused many times. While that's a bit extreme compared to what's been going on with some people within the fandom (See NACP and Artemus), it pains me to see people's emotions build up enough for them to want to cut the cord with this community.

As a quick digressive anecdote, I've not had any beef with anypony within the community here (in fact, I've made friends in the brony community who have become even closer than some of my school friends), I have had various emotional dilemmas with the brony community, and to be honest, I brought it all upon myself. I've always been a fragile person who is vulnerable to criticism, and ironically, I am my biggest critic. Despite generous flattery from some people here, I honestly hate my own guts. Furthermore, given I have tiger parents, you can expect that it's in my nature to strive to be the ultimate in whatever I do, and sadly, this is quite a distant goal for me in the musical context. What's escpcially a curse upon me is my exceptional analytical sense, which allows me to pick up on slight nuances quite easily. This is a problem for me because every time I inevitably listen to another artist's song, regardless of who it is, I pick up on an apparent or subtle aspect of it which exceeds any of my works, and I fall into depression (I've never contemplated suicide, though). It's a part of my nature, and I hate myself for it. It's also a reason I took hiatus, as some of you may recall. I hope my self-criticism doesn't result in my musical demise.

Anyway, what really matters is that we need to draw the line with derision and ridicule, or "trolling" as some of you falsely brand it. While this is not an issue in my case, I fear some people here may be stepping out of line. We should have realised what was going on before our fellow musicians began pulling out of the fandom. It is the perpretrators who need to get their act together, because nopony else can do it for them.

If you feel like I'm one of the aggressors towards you, please tell me. I'm a rational and nice guy, and I can't live with myself knowing I have done another person so wrong as to despise me.

Okay, well i completely failed at being brief. I'll shut up before I become annoying.
DJ StablImagefree

Stablefree
Facebook|YouTube|SoundCloud
Activity status: Partial hiatus #3
Tools: FL Studio 10, Massive, Ohmicide
Projects: Art of the Jazz (dying project), Singing Rain OC Tribute (FIRST PRIORITY), dubstep showcase
jubian

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion