--Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread First

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: --Introduction Thread--

Postby natsukashi » 19 Oct 2011 08:48

TriangleTheRetard wrote:Hello, I am TriangleTheRetard.
I am just a listener here. Fan of your works, guys.

well, I am trying to make music too. My style is failstep, failcore, failstyle, faildance, failtime, fail rock, and my favorite, true norwegian death melodic symphonic progressive industrial alternative fail.

Those are my favourite genres!
also, welcome!
ToastbeardERS03:
23:32:35 <natsukashi> I played this for my mom
23:32:48 <J4CKL3-4PP> "now I'm an orphan"
natsukashi

Postby bartekko » 19 Oct 2011 08:49

natsukashi wrote:Those are my favourite genres!
also, welcome!

sorry, but that's just triangle brony trolling
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby PhillyPu » 20 Oct 2011 00:44

Okay, guess I'm another person joining in the community here :D.

Hey guys, I'm Phil, 18, and I'd like to think of myself as a musician. I play a few instruments, but not enough to master any of them. My main methods of making music are either improvisation on guitar/piano, or composition using FL Studios. My genre of composition usually vary with each piece, from classical to pop to rock to blues. Alas, I have only started really learning about FL Studios this past few months, and many of the ideas never come to fruition. I'm hoping to change that, and learn more about music composition and production. I'm taking Tonal Harmony right now, so I'm edging forward on the path of music composition. Meh.

I listen to such a wide variety of music, it isn't rare for people to ask me what the hell I'm listening to. Generally, I listen to whatever I happen to stumble upon on youtube, whether it'd be opera, dubstep, jazz, country, rap, k-pop, enka, metal. Nowadays, however, pony music seem to be what I mostly listen to (might have to change this habit... or not!).

I guess I'm looking forward to learning from all you amazing people! I am very interested in doing a collab, and from the collaborations I've done, I usually loved both the process and the result. So yeah! Maybe some of that musical magic will rub on to me.
PhillyPu

Postby Luna in the Moon » 20 Oct 2011 01:36

Hello, all!

My name is Rob, I'm 26 and a blues / jazz improv guitarist. Past few years, however, I've been more interested in the general realm of electronica - house, progressive, trance, industrial... you know the list. I've not had much experience using any of the tools of the trade, but I would love to learn... and you all are some of the best.

So if you all are patient, and willing to teach, I'd love to be a part of the community and hopefully be able to contribute stuff in the future!

Stuff I have right now that I don't know how to use...
Ableton Live 8
Native Instruments Massive VST

... and that's it. D:

My body is ready, teach me!
Luna in the Moon

Postby Stars In Autumn » 20 Oct 2011 02:09

PhillyPu wrote:...

Cool! If you have any questions about FL Studio, let me know. I'm not a huge expert but I'ven been using it for awhile now. And glad you could join us!

Luna in the Moon wrote:...

Alright! Another jazz musician, we don't have enough of those. If you have any questions, just post it on the technique forum. I know we have a few users who also use Ableton Live. Welcome to the forums!
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby Versilaryan » 20 Oct 2011 02:13

Yay! Welcome to MLR!

If you need any help with making electronic music, feel free to ask! I'm also a musician turned producer, so I know what it feels like. So much jargon and random crap to learn. @.@
Versilaryan

Postby Tarby » 20 Oct 2011 03:05

Luna in the Moon wrote:Blah blah blah blah blah blues / jazz improv guitarist

So, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of gear do you have? xD It's always nice to find someone blues/jazz/rock oriented around here
Hahaha I don't even go on here anymore
Seriously hit me up on skype or something, I'm rarely if ever online here.
Tarby

Postby Tarby » 20 Oct 2011 03:26

PhillyPu wrote:more stuff which references guitar

Holy shit, someone else! o.o same question to you, phillypu xD
Tarby

Postby Luna in the Moon » 20 Oct 2011 03:49

Tarby wrote:

So, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of gear do you have? xD It's always nice to find someone blues/jazz/rock oriented around here

All of it's in storage right now, or I'd give you pictures. The apartment complex I'm living in doesn't handle any sort of "noise pollution" well. I've got waaaay too much gear to list, but some of the highlights follow:

'67 Les Paul Custom - Sunburst: My baby, found her at a garage sale for $400, knew I had to buy it on the spot. She's got a lot of wear (read, character), but she sounds amazing. Super glassy.

'02 Peavey Wolfgang EVH Archtop - Blueburst: First guitar I purchased new from the factory. She's got this awesome high end, with some really screechy pickups that I adore for lead work.

'72 Ovation Celebrity - Friend of mine gave me this as a gift, and it's been my favorite acoustic since.

'73 Takamine 12-string - It's one of the "lawsuit" guitars from the early '70s... same headstock as the Martins. Pretty rare, and she sounds nice.

As for amp, I'm currently using a Fender Blues Deville 410 reissue and an ancient Marshall half-cab that I have no idea what model it is. Both are loaded with 6L6s.

Effects are pretty straight forward. Fuzz Face, Cry Baby, some boutique chorus I picked up at a trade show, etc. And an original Heil Talk Box. <3 that thing.
Luna in the Moon

Postby Tarby » 20 Oct 2011 13:10

Luna in the Moon wrote:
Tarby wrote:

Lots Of Gear I'd kill to have

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

FEEL MY ENVY THROUGH THE INTERWEBTUBES OR WHATEVER!

but seriously, that's a sick rig xD
Tarby

Postby PhillyPu » 20 Oct 2011 21:47

Luna in the Moon wrote:Guitars, guitar, guitar, 12-string guitar, amps, effects: "SOME of the highlights"

My, God.

...anyways. Tarby, I used to have access to my classical guitar. But I left it at home since moving to college, and now I have a Yamaha FG700S acoustic. No amps, no effects. I'm not really prepared to do live shows here at college. I'm not really the guitar person Luna in the Moon is, so...

Speaking of which, hey Rob, I have a song with guitar solos in them (right now synthetic). If I need someone to record the guitar, would you mind collabing with me? :D
PhillyPu

Postby Luna in the Moon » 20 Oct 2011 22:15

PhillyPu wrote:
Luna in the Moon wrote:Guitars, guitar, guitar, 12-string guitar, amps, effects: "SOME of the highlights"
Speaking of which, hey Rob, I have a song with guitar solos in them (right now synthetic). If I need someone to record the guitar, would you mind collabing with me? :D

I would love to, if I ever get my gear out of storage. Like I said, my apartment complex is really strict about 'noise pollution,' and if they see me moving my gear in, they might have an aneurysm.

I'll let you know, though!
Luna in the Moon

Postby Ashezth » 20 Oct 2011 22:37

Alright, hello all.
I entered the pony fandom not too long ago. It's great stuff, lots of things to learn regardless of gender or age.
My name's Kevin, was born in '88 ; I'll let you do the math. Apparently I'm good at taking pictures. I've just been doing it whenever I saw something that looked cool and had my camera with me. So it's not like it's a full-fledged hobby or anything. Can see what I've done (that I've shown, anyway) right here > http://ashezth.deviantart.com/
I'm an avid gamer. I play all sorts of games; ranging from WoW to Duck Hunt.
I don't really have a favorite pony, I think they're all boss.

Really like your guys music. I used to play in middle school but come high school I just didn't get into it. And now I'm well out of practice, so I wouldn't expect anything from me very soon.
Also I'm in the middle of moving a few thousand miles, and expect to join the military. Though I need to get in shape first. (Lack of measurable muscle, or any meat-to-bone ratio) I am skinny. Always have been. Anyway, nice to see you lot and hope to be welcome around here.
Ashezth

Postby Stars In Autumn » 21 Oct 2011 02:21

Ashezth wrote:Alright, hello all.

Hello and welcome!

First of all, you have some awesome sky photos.

I wouldn't worry about picking up from where you left off in school. I'll come back :) What styles of music do you like and what will you start producing?

And traveling a few thousand miles, damn. Where are you traveling from/to?
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 21 Oct 2011 04:42

Greetings to all the Bronies!

MiuMiuChuu here. Nice meeting you all and I hope I can get along well with you guys :D
People on the internet refer me by Miu but feel free to call me by my name IRL; Amanda or Manzo.

I know MLP:FiM about early this year, a fellow Brony introduced me and soon after I got myself into the whole fandom. I haven't done any MLP fan music or covers, or so to say, already captivated by the ones that already exist. I enjoy listening to them, maybe I would like to make one if I have the chance and inspiration.

For music itself. my main focus is vocal and arrangement. I do types of vocals, solo or one man chorus. I also do my own arrangement for covers and originals. I work with garage band.

Feel free to visit my works --> http://www.youtube.com/user/47sMiuMiu (mainly covers) and http://macidol.com/jamroom/MiuMiuChuu/ (original)
Or if you interested in my visual art scraps --> http://miudraws.tumblr.com/
MiuMiuChuu

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 21 Oct 2011 06:03

Greetings both Ashezth and MiuMiuChuu!

For Ashezth: I hope that big change that you're about to do works out well!

For Amanda: A female singer and artist who's a Brony? You're probably going to be spoilt for choice with stuff to sing! :P
Also, if you would like to make your own piece and want to learn about any specific style of music, feel free to contact whoever takes your fancy, as we're all very friendly!

We hope you both enjoy your time here!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Ropony » 21 Oct 2011 08:47

Welcome to MLR MiuMiuChuu!

I checked out those adventure time covers you have on your youtube and they were really good, this community could always use more vocalists. Also checked out a few of you're original works, very pretty stuff. Looking forward to hearing you inject some pony into your music.
Ropony

Postby Pinkamena » 21 Oct 2011 10:45

Blargh, welcome to everypony I've missed. Sorry, I was at school and I can only lurking when I'm at school.
Everypony dance now!
Pinkamena

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Paw pad (fox)

Postby Ashezth » 21 Oct 2011 12:55

Jeffthestrider wrote:Hello and welcome!

First of all, you have some awesome sky photos.

I wouldn't worry about picking up from where you left off in school. I'll come back :) What styles of music do you like and what will you start producing?

And traveling a few thousand miles, damn. Where are you traveling from/to?

Ah thanks, I really like old classical music, but as far as what I might produce I have no idea. :P
Moving from north-eastern New Mexico to Southern Nevada. So it's maybe just a 1000 mi. or so.
Ashezth

Postby WeaselToTheFace » 21 Oct 2011 22:41

aaaah hi! I'm Beth, you can call me that or Weasel, because this is my default username for when i can't think of a different one haha. I was debating for a while whether or not to register here because you all are really good at what you do and i have no idea what i'm doing. my musical experience is pretty much ten years on trumpet and i have no idea how to even start composing

but i figure that if there's a place to start it's here right? :) you're all really awesome

I'm a pretty new addition to the pony fandom, a little over a month or two but i love every minute i'm in it :)

So yeah! that's all i can think of haha
WeaselToTheFace

Postby Stars In Autumn » 21 Oct 2011 23:58

MiuMiuChuu wrote:Greetings to all the Bronies!

Welcome! Awesome art. Looks like Makkon's got a rival :P. And as Dr. Dissonance has said, we badly need female vocals, seeing as almost the entire cast of MLP is female.
WeaselToTheFace wrote:aaaah hi!

Hi and welcome. And you don't need to worry about being "too" new. This is where a lot of people have started. I was completely new back in April as well.

Glad to have you both!
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby Calamus_Dash » 22 Oct 2011 21:43

I've been here for a few weeks, but I didn't actually know about this thread until just now.
Anyway, I'm 16 years old and have been trying to learn how to make music for the past month or two. I have a little bit of background in classical piano lessons, which I stopped taking a while ago, but I still practice on my own a bunch.
I've only made one remix so far, which kind of sucked, but I'm hoping to get better :D
also I need a new profile pic on this site because the one I'm using now was the only pic on my computer with a low enough resolution for me to use XD
how did this get here
i am not good with computer

http://www.youtube.com/user/calamusdash
Calamus_Dash

Postby replacer » 24 Oct 2011 21:35

Hello all :)

I'm 26 and I've been obsessed with the show for, oh, about six months now. I have done music all my life and mainly play piano and make electronic stuff. One thing about being involved with this crazy fandom is the impossibility of just passively consuming what's on offer; one always feels compelled to produce and actively participate in some way. I've just done one pony-related track so far but hope to do a lot more.
replacer
replacer

Postby Stars In Autumn » 24 Oct 2011 21:46

Rainbow Dash avatars everywhere!
Calamus_Dash wrote:...

Your remix was better than my first song. Can't wait to hear more from you!
replacer wrote:...

I feel the same way about feeling compelled to produce. Link us your yousube/soundclound/whatever so that we may partake in your music!
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Postby Interrobang Pie » 25 Oct 2011 03:15

Jeffthestrider wrote:Rainbow Dash avatars everywhere!

g
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion