Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion thread (for discussions)

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 07 Jul 2014 16:14

Back from Everfree Northwest. Dang it was awesome :3
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby ExoBassTix » 07 Jul 2014 16:39

CaptainFluffatun wrote:Back from Everfree Northwest. Dang it was awesome :3

I just miiiiiiiiight go next year.
Maybe.

Got pictures?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Jul 2014 17:36

I just spent 9 hours in a car. I drove 4 hours up to some place in the mountains with my boss to inspect machines he might buy and then 5 back (heavy traffic). It was crazy how long the trip was. (Just for freewave. I went from Erie to Parachute and then to a mine up in parachute, and back all in a day.)
That's about 500ish total miles I traveled today. Officially, that's the most I have ever driven in a single day.
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Acsii » 07 Jul 2014 21:34

So I did a gig with my band... it went really well. And now someone from the audience at the gig has the back plate of my start XD Don't need it anyway...
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Stuntddude » 07 Jul 2014 21:58

eery wrote:If a show is that important for you,I think you have the wrong priorities in life, my friend.

I'd wager that for the vast majority of people, as with me, it's not the show that's important, it's the community. And it'd be a curious thing indeed to think that community isn't an important aspect of life, although I wouldn't say that you or I am qualified to judge whether someone has "the wrong priorities in life" in the first place.

But yes, bronies to gays is an absurd comparison in most cases, simply because they're two totally different, heterogeneous issues/experiences.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Freewave » 08 Jul 2014 09:58

CaptainFluffatun wrote:Back from Everfree Northwest. Dang it was awesome :3

Yeah i saw you had pictures with Jeff. Hope you two had a blast. I didn't even know Stars was going this year.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Toothpaste » 08 Jul 2014 11:23

Stuntddude wrote:
eery wrote:If a show is that important for you,I think you have the wrong priorities in life, my friend.

I'd wager that for the vast majority of people, as with me, it's not the show that's important, it's the community. And it'd be a curious thing indeed to think that community isn't an important aspect of life, although I wouldn't say that you or I am qualified to judge whether someone has "the wrong priorities in life" in the first place.

But yes, bronies to gays is an absurd comparison in most cases, simply because they're two totally different, heterogeneous issues/experiences.

This man speaks truth, or at least I second what he said. I know for sure that I speak for a lot of people when I say that I wouldn't be too big of a fan of the show if it weren't for the community. The show is great, but the community just makes everything 20% cooler. :)

Yeah, liking a TV show doesn't make you gay. It's just common knowledge, and that's all that's really to it.
Minty Fresh Productions!:
Toothpaste / PinkE_PartE / 18 Offence / Meyer / Thy60
PLEASE MESSAGE ME 4 DA COLLAB AND STUFFS owo
Check out my 'music' on YouTube and feel free to add me on Skype! --> thy.60
<insert wisdom>
Toothpaste

Primary: FL Studio Mobile
Cutie Mark: I'll figure it out someday.

Postby ph00tbag » 08 Jul 2014 21:36

Ricky Denzel wrote:I get internet next week on Tuesday. Finally, I won't have to walk in heat or cold to the library just to make my music. THANK YOU, GOD!.

Your avatar looks like it's from a Frozen Hentai Doujin.

And that makes me very uncomfortable.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby itroitnyah » 08 Jul 2014 22:52

I was going to post this in the good news thread but it probably isn't really good news like good news news.

Anyways.

So this just happened today, but for the past few months, the Seasonic PSU on my families 4 year old or so computer was starting to wear down and show its age with the fan wobbling and all this other stuff. So my parents were considering getting a new computer, and since they know I enjoy building computers, letting me build it so they wouldn't have to pay a local computer store extra to build it for them (although they've done that before, and the computer store is great). My dad had a different idea that he wanted to try out first. He wanted to see if just getting a new PSU would fix the problem. He isn't stupid, but not very computer smart, btw. So he mentioned it a few times over the months and in the past few days when I got back from Germany he began to get more serious about it.

So two days ago he told me that he did some research on PSU units and found one that he wants me to look at. He liked it because he could just buy it at the local computer store, and it seemed pretty good. Some Cooler Master 460W Elite whatever. Yesterday I forgot to look at it, and when I woke up today, he was already gone so I looked at it and decided to recommend he get the Corsair CX430 instead, since it's more reliable and just a better unit, when I get back from work.

Fast forward to right now. I walk in the door, and my dad says he got the power supply. My gut sorta sank, although the CM power supply would do fine even if it wasn't as good as the Corsair. Then he says that he needs to get a 4-pin adapter for the thing. The fan? No, so he tries to explain that on the motherboard there's a thing that needs four pins. At this point I'm pretty sure he means the CPU power connector, so he opens up the case and points it out to me. Yup. Strange, I didn't think that a PSU would come without a CPU connector. So I asked him if there was a plug with 8-pins on the PSU, and he looks at me like I'm stupid. "There are some with six and then two more, but those are PCIe connectors. You must think I don't know what a 4-pin connector looks like". So I ask him to show me the PSU. He grabs it, and the most wonderful thing ever happens. He opens up the PSU box, and I see the bottom of the PSU, and it has a Corsair logo on it. So I'm like, that's strange. I look at the side, at my dad bought a mothertruckin' Corsair CX650. I'm like holy shit and he's like "Yeah, I got it because of the efficiency". Obviously it's not the ideal choice for a 4-year old computer that probably doesn't need quite half 650W of power so it won't be running as efficiently as it can, but I didn't expect that, and it's going to be a great PSU anyways.

So I look at the PSU, sort out three cables and grab the eight pin. My dad looks at me like I'm stupid and is like, that's not going to work, so I began separating it out into the two four pin connectors that it's made up of and he's like omg, you're a houdini. It was pretty great.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby ExoBassTix » 09 Jul 2014 05:37

Itroit, hug your dad for me will ya.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby itroitnyah » 09 Jul 2014 07:22

I don't really hug, lol..
itroitnyah

Postby LFP » 09 Jul 2014 08:46

JUST KISS HIM from Exo of course.
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby itroitnyah » 09 Jul 2014 14:21

I will kiss the power supply, is that close enough?
itroitnyah

Postby LFP » 09 Jul 2014 19:00

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ KISS HIM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 09 Jul 2014 19:43

Kiss him baby one more time
Bronies Are Cool

Postby itroitnyah » 09 Jul 2014 20:21

Nein. nyet. No.
itroitnyah

Postby ExoBassTix » 09 Jul 2014 23:44

:P

Today's my last day of CCL. As in, it's the last day before summer holiday, and CCL's actually stopping because of financial issues (basically, our government is stupid). The concept of CCL will get continued though. And coincidentally it'll be ran by the very person who convinced my parents to get me to the CCL at all.

Of the 70 youngsters here, only around 25 said they're staying though. So today'll be extra special.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Stuntddude » 10 Jul 2014 00:42

CCL? Whazzat? The only CCL I know is Creative Commons License...
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 10 Jul 2014 01:24

I got my first recording task tomorrow. I gotta record a band, go away and mix it over the next month while doing a write up of how I did the mixing, and submit it on a cd to be assessed. Things are looking good though, band is ready to go and I have a person on my team who already knows a fair bit about operating the gear. Also doing it tomorrow means I'll be able to go home next weekend and celebrate my birthday with my family.

Oh, and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is really good. Go see it.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Fl Brony » 10 Jul 2014 07:07

If you can when it gets done, link that shiz son!
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby ExoBassTix » 10 Jul 2014 14:29

Stuntddude wrote:CCL? Whazzat? The only CCL I know is Creative Commons License...

Centre for Creative Learning (the Dutch translation is CCL too).
It's the place I go to in replacement for the normal school system.
As in, I'm effectively, temporarily, removed from the normal Dutch school system.

The CCL is a place that helps high-potential drop-outs to get comfortable in society. It sounds kinda dramatic, but in some way it's an accurate description of why everyone who is here, is here. Here we're also given wide space to practice our driving force in life. For some that be art-stuff, or business-stuff, technical-stuff, I(C)T-stuff, music-stuff (hey that's me) etc.
I'm there because I don't yet fit in our school system. And on my own, after a year, I found a passageway around that system, that'll hold a future that is both bright and best suited for me (both in skill and happiness): next schoolyear I'm gonna start a course on producing/sound-engineering, skipping secondary school.

Today was amazing. Last day of CCL the way it was. 29 out of 70 people left the CCL (one of which made it on Skype because a week ago he got in hospital with acute leukemia) which is a new record for the last 13 years.
People cried. People hugged (a lot). People shared their talent and heartfelt speeches. People laughed and had an amazing time. Even though the amount of shit was big, it didn't get close to the amount of good. We at the CCL, as a community, as a group of people who all know and respect each other, are so strong. That is what made me cry eventually. How good we have it together.

No offense, but an e-community like this one could never beat this community. Then again, I doubt any community could beat the CCL (for me). Because nowhere else am I accepted for who I am like there.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 11 Jul 2014 00:03

Do you feel unaccepted here at all? Not trying to be a jokester. But do you feel unaccepted here or do you feel more accepted there and still accepted here but not as much as there? Or...
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Jokeblue » 11 Jul 2014 01:12

I'd just assume the other place is a superaccepting, cool, welcome place to be. Not to mention its a physical environment as well.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby ExoBassTix » 11 Jul 2014 03:33

Jokeblue wrote:Not to mention its a physical environment as well.

This.
Also why I'm so very sad my parents didn't allow me to go to the Church of Lel UK meet-up we'd planned because of my age.

But yeah, let's call the CCL people superaccepting. And yeah not everyone accepts me that much. Most of em don't even realize it though.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 11 Jul 2014 13:11

I've been working on a track for about 10 hours this week. :3 which is a lot for me. It's sounding really nice, I should work on tracks for long amounts of time every time I make something. I'm still needing to put work into it, but I am excited that I have finally made something "good"
Bronies Are Cool

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion