Official Discussion Thread (Ghost Edit)

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Official Discussion thread (for discussions)

Postby Stuntddude » 30 Jun 2014 19:08

Mcdonalds gives you what you want without questioning it because 1. you are paying them money to do so, 2. they don't personally know you and their restaurants are not forums specifically for open discussion, and most importantly, 3. they are literally a business founded solely for the purpose of serving customers what the customers ask for as simply as possible with no other job or purpose. Mcdonalds knows that the only reason there is to ever go to their stores is to pay for them to give you exactly what food you ask for without even talking to you any more than they have to.

I honestly don't think I could come up with a worse analogy if I tried.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 30 Jun 2014 19:23

Bad analogies is my middle name. :3
Here is another one. Maybe not so bad.

You go on a forum and ask for orchestrial VSTs. Would give offer some 1. Orchestrial VSTs or 2. Anything but an orchestrial VST?
I think you would give them some orchestrial VSTs.
Just, when someone asks something, give what they ask. Then, after that, you may add the extra information. (Like, give a link. Then say building is better.) I would prefer that over just giving your own opinion. :3
So yea. I'm also paying a cookie to whoever does it with the best computer. Only entry is Pyre.
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Acsii » 30 Jun 2014 19:53

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I know building a computer is easy. Thank you for all the people that said that. And again, I have no time. I need to get a computer ASAP and not for myself. Budget is 700. It shouldn't be too hard to ask for one thing, a link to what you think I should order. Everyone says to build one, build one. Cool, yea. I didn't ask if build on one is better. :3 so please just give the customer what they ask for.
If you go to McDonald's and order some fries and a drink and a burger all from the cheapo menu, they are not going to tell you that "buying a meal is better because reasons", they do what you ask.
I would have hoped more people would just give me what I ask, even without explanation. :3
I'm not mad, it's just I seriously would be disappointed if another person says to build a computer instead of posting a link to one.

I dunno what McDonald's you go to but that's exactly what they do.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 30 Jun 2014 22:29

Acsii wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:I know building a computer is easy. Thank you for all the people that said that. And again, I have no time. I need to get a computer ASAP and not for myself. Budget is 700. It shouldn't be too hard to ask for one thing, a link to what you think I should order. Everyone says to build one, build one. Cool, yea. I didn't ask if build on one is better. :3 so please just give the customer what they ask for.
If you go to McDonald's and order some fries and a drink and a burger all from the cheapo menu, they are not going to tell you that "buying a meal is better because reasons", they do what you ask.
I would have hoped more people would just give me what I ask, even without explanation. :3
I'm not mad, it's just I seriously would be disappointed if another person says to build a computer instead of posting a link to one.

Gosh darn me and my horrible analogies!!!
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Acsii » 30 Jun 2014 22:34

Bronies Are Cool wrote:
Acsii wrote:

Gosh darn me and my horrible analogies!!!

haha okay I'll stop :P But yea It's understandable that you don't want to build your own.
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 30 Jun 2014 23:09

I'm just gonna say: I'm glad my internet wasn't working properly so I missed all that RC bullshit.
Acsii

Postby Stuntddude » 01 Jul 2014 01:15

Acsii wrote:I'm just gonna say: I'm glad my internet wasn't working properly so I missed all that RC bullshit.

Huh?
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Acsii » 01 Jul 2014 01:18

Stuntddude wrote:
Acsii wrote:I'm just gonna say: I'm glad my internet wasn't working properly so I missed all that RC bullshit.

Huh?

Don't worry friend.
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 Jul 2014 07:11

Wut?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 01 Jul 2014 08:51

Wat you talking bout? The user RC? Or Remote Control? Or something else RC?..
Anyway, I think I agree... I think...
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Freewave » 01 Jul 2014 09:20

He's been given a final warning on those type of threads. If you see him continuing plz flag it down.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 Jul 2014 15:07

I feel so out of the loop right now. :/
Bronies Are Cool

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 Jul 2014 16:58

Sponsored? Whaddya mean?
Also, will you use MLR's Bandcamp? :P
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 Jul 2014 17:58

Soft spectrum! Maybe I'll actually be able to make something considering I'm currently at my peak ability for music production!
I remember the first one. I only liked one song. :/
Anyway, yea.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Navron » 02 Jul 2014 01:19

Down with mods eh? Looks like I picked a good night to visit the forums. Banned the user and deleted every single topic in less than 2min from their inception.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby OfficeBats » 02 Jul 2014 01:20

Nice job with that. I just saw that and reported most of the posts.
OfficeBats

Postby Jokeblue » 02 Jul 2014 01:45

Navron wrote:Down with mods eh? Looks like I picked a good night to visit the forums. Banned the user and deleted every single topic in less than 2min from their inception.

Wait what. What happened?
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Acsii » 02 Jul 2014 02:28

Jokeblue wrote:
Navron wrote:Down with mods eh? Looks like I picked a good night to visit the forums. Banned the user and deleted every single topic in less than 2min from their inception.

I too would like to know
Acsii

Postby Guthey » 02 Jul 2014 02:38

Acsii wrote:
Jokeblue wrote:

I too would like to know

As would I.
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

Postby ExoBassTix » 02 Jul 2014 03:26

That's Enough Internet For You Buddy.

No? Nobody? Oh okay.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 02 Jul 2014 03:45

ExoBassTix wrote:That's Enough Internet For You Buddy.

No? Nobody? Oh okay.

Best Member List ever :P
Acsii

Postby ExoBassTix » 02 Jul 2014 04:46

Acsii wrote:

No? Nobody? Oh okay.

Quietest e-village known to mankind

Inhabitants: 0.
Buddies no longer spend too much time on the internet. That's Enough Internet For You Buddy's community fears impending nuke.

Neighboring mini-community Sea Ponies: „We're glad to be rid of them. All they did was try to defile the reputation of our belevolent leaders." Many leading parties across the country state their agreement. There's been no word of TEIFYB's leader, who has earlier been declared MiA.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 02 Jul 2014 04:57

ExoBassTix wrote:
Acsii wrote:

No? Nobody? Oh okay.

Quietest e-village known to mankind

Inhabitants: 0.
Buddies no longer spend too much time on the internet. That's Enough Internet For You Buddy's community fears impending nuke.

Neighboring mini-community Sea Ponies: „We're glad to be rid of them. All they did was try to defile the reputation of our belevolent leaders." Many leading parties across the country state their agreement. There's been no word of TEIFYB's leader, who has earlier been declared MiA.

<3
Acsii

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 02 Jul 2014 11:22

So for when I attempt dubstep, I want to make the dubstep I imagine in my head when I think about makin it. (I might actually think more along the lines of glitch hop. Anyway) I always forget what I was thinking when I go to my DAW.
Story of everyone's life.
But, what if there was a way to not forget? Well, fret no more because I will introduce to you the audio recording device I call an iPhone. Just record my voice making all the noises of the song I am thinking of and save it. Then send that to my DAW and boom. Now I have this crappy soundin guy pretending to dubstep with his mouth. Then I do my best to actually dubstep with the VOX by making all the real noises the voice was trying to make. Maybe even heavily mod the voice to make it part of the sick beat. Then after that, clean it up a bit, add whatever other ideas you have, and go on from there.
That would at least give me an idea for a song. Plus it would help a ton for good sound design because trying to replicate things would lead to having to learn more about how to use some VSTs.

Has anyone else kind of had this idea before and were you successful?
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Guthey » 02 Jul 2014 12:12

Bronies Are Cool wrote:So for when I attempt dubstep, I want to make the dubstep I imagine in my head when I think about makin it. (I might actually think more along the lines of glitch hop. Anyway) I always forget what I was thinking when I go to my DAW.
Story of everyone's life.
But, what if there was a way to not forget? Well, fret no more because I will introduce to you the audio recording device I call an iPhone. Just record my voice making all the noises of the song I am thinking of and save it. Then send that to my DAW and boom. Now I have this crappy soundin guy pretending to dubstep with his mouth. Then I do my best to actually dubstep with the VOX by making all the real noises the voice was trying to make. Maybe even heavily mod the voice to make it part of the sick beat. Then after that, clean it up a bit, add whatever other ideas you have, and go on from there.
That would at least give me an idea for a song. Plus it would help a ton for good sound design because trying to replicate things would lead to having to learn more about how to use some VSTs.

Has anyone else kind of had this idea before and were you successful?

I usually only do that for quick ideas, I never actually make a song, just like 40 seconds of what I had in mind and then I leave it as that. I don't record my voice though, I just go immediately to my DAW and do what I had in mind, and once I feel I've done it I'll leave as is and probably never go back to it.
DAW: FL Studio
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/guthey
Guthey

Cutie Mark: General EDM mark

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion