The hugging/venting thread

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Nine Volt » 17 Jul 2013 05:27

No I meant the person :3
But that sucks I suppose
Nine Volt

Postby Facade » 17 Jul 2013 05:35

oh i see

"frist" is a on going joke between me and some friends
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Acsii » 20 Jul 2013 02:14

Fuck my dad he always moves stuff of mine
I put my apple TV into my room. Then I went to my grandparents for a week. I get back and he's moved it out. and in the process has lost the remote for it. The thing that pisses me off the most is that it's MINE I FUCKING BOUGHT IT. And I moved it into my room for a reason so why can't he just get his FUCKING HANDS OFF. He always does this.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Freewave » 20 Jul 2013 08:21

Cyberstorm wrote:Hello,My name is Storm .......words.........

MYCUTIEMARKISAGUN wrote:seriously, a PERFECT album can be the worst thing to ever happen to a artist. Ask Nas or DJ Shadow.........or Michael Jackson.

or Nirvana, Joy Division.. So many musicians have died trying to live up to former glories, being miserable never reaching them again, or just with self doubt and loathing. In the end you're likely making music about ponies within a community that's mostly making about ponies. It's a moot point to overthink your role and place within our community or the great musical pantheon (in which we are just a VERY small part of and a joke genre). It's easy to feel insignificant because ultimately we all are. You do it because it makes you happy, some people enjoy your output, and because we all are amateurs in our own way. We all have lows and doubt our skills and abilities (even the best musicians in THIS community can have doubt and self-esteem issues) and that's NORMAL.
Last edited by Freewave on 20 Jul 2013 08:51, edited 1 time in total.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby topitmunkeydog » 20 Jul 2013 08:28

This sounds like the Borg talking...
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby Freewave » 20 Jul 2013 08:55

The borg have a bad rep man. Once you get a few drinks in them they're actually quite nice people. :lol:

And no self-doubt is not a borg trait, its a perfectly human one. :?
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Facade » 20 Jul 2013 13:53

ΛCSII wrote:Fuck my dad he always moves stuff of mine
I put my apple TV into my room. Then I went to my grandparents for a week. I get back and he's moved it out. and in the process has lost the remote for it. The thing that pisses me off the most is that it's MINE I FUCKING BOUGHT IT. And I moved it into my room for a reason so why can't he just get his FUCKING HANDS OFF. He always does this.

some things can easily be fixed with super glue
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby Nine Volt » 20 Jul 2013 14:04

Bigots. They seriously piss me off.
Nine Volt

Postby caprixsnare » 20 Jul 2013 17:24

I hate having a job and I hate riding the bus its so full of people I don't know. but i don't have tags for my car so i guess Im gonna have go wait like 30 minutes for a buss full of people I don't know to steal 4 bucks from my wallet. when I'm around strangers I feel uncomfortable.
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby Pickslide1992 » 21 Jul 2013 15:13

Fucking guitar string broke just when I was going to start a backload of projects I've been too lazy to finish. I'm so angry that I might just throw that $1,400 instrument out of my window. (Of course I won't)
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
Pickslide1992

Postby Acsii » 21 Jul 2013 15:20

You call yourself a guitarist yet you dont have spare strings... I am disappoint
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Postby Pickslide1992 » 21 Jul 2013 15:40

ΛCSII wrote:You call yourself a guitarist yet you dont have spare strings... I am disappoint

I'm a flat broke college student with little disposable income. Strings don't grow in bloody trees, you know.

Sorry about that, I just have a chip on my shoulder.
Hey guys, new YouTube!

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Pickslide1992

Postby Acsii » 21 Jul 2013 17:08

I'm unemployed yet still manage to always have spare strings, for all 3 of my guitars (Electric, Acoustic, Bass)
Acsii

Postby Captain Ironhelm » 21 Jul 2013 18:32

it's unwise to make judgements of somebody's financial situation without knowing exactly what's going on, so I'll leave it at that.
Captain Ironhelm

Postby Acsii » 21 Jul 2013 19:15

Kind reminder I have to use pretty much all my money on medication
Acsii

Postby Acsii » 22 Jul 2013 04:35

And down in the dumps again because of the realisation I'll never be a real girl, and at this rate I'll never be any form of girl.
Acsii

Postby topitmunkeydog » 22 Jul 2013 06:47

Shhh you already are :3 and you will be
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby Pickslide1992 » 22 Jul 2013 06:48

ΛCSII wrote:And down in the dumps again because of the realisation I'll never be a real girl, and at this rate I'll never be any form of girl.

You and I are on the same boat. It sucks, but my reason is self imposed. I'm waiting until I get through college before I think about dates.
Hey guys, new YouTube!

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Pickslide1992

Postby cyrricky » 22 Jul 2013 16:11

Pickslide1992 wrote:
ΛCSII wrote:And down in the dumps again because of the realisation I'll never be a real girl, and at this rate I'll never be any form of girl.

You and I are on the same boat. It sucks, but my reason is self imposed. I'm waiting until I get through college before I think about dates.

This. And my reason's self-imposed too.
Youtube - Soundcloud - Tumblr

DAW: Propellerhead Reason 6
cyrricky

Primary: Reason

Postby HMage » 22 Jul 2013 16:23

Horsesocks.
HMage

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Facade » 22 Jul 2013 18:33

*hugs hm*

i know that feel
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby vladnuke » 24 Jul 2013 00:13

Oh god guys i made the worst fucking mistake im so fucking ashamed of myself.

So my dad divorced my mom today after letting me know two weeks ago, but he never fucking told my mom
He was going to be pulling this bullshit. And he let me choose between living with him or her.

And I picked him. Because he said that my mom would flip the fuck out (which she honestly has every right to do)

I don't even fucking know why I decided to stay with him, I could've just stayed over one night and gone back, but instead I went for the long haul because I never considered just staying with him for a couple days to be an option.

Like there was no fucking reason to stay with him, like he's not gonna keep giving me money or something. But there's every reason I need to stay with my mom, because of her problems with her job and her health problems. I mean, my mom was pretty much the only one who fucking kept me going to school. He was always working. He's leaving as my mom is still looking for a decent job.

Fuck this shit, I don't give a fuck that all my stuff is now in this damn townhouse. Im gonna just go stay with my mom. I'll never be able to look at myself if I don't go back.
vladnuke

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 24 Jul 2013 01:48

I won't give away any details of whats happening, but I'm worried about one of my friends. That's all you need to know.

I have this thing where when I worry about someone, it is ALL I can think about. Nothing else enters into my mind, but this is kinda detrimental, I become reclusive and hide away in my room to avoid people who might ask why I'm constantly distracted or looking concerned about something.

Sometimes it gets to the point where I feel physically ill.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Conchetupony » 24 Jul 2013 19:41

Alright, this is something that has bothered me for a long while now, but especially in this moment.

My brother is autistic. He lives in his own world: he reasons much differently than normal people, has some very odd habits, has pretty much no social skills nor a concept of emotion, you know the drill.

His odd antics, particularly screaming for reasons we often don't understand, annoy me to no end, have me stressed as crap and made me hate his guts. Seriously, I sometimes think he could die, have a horrible home accident (something he's quite prone to, as he also doesn't understand danger or death) or whatever right now and I wouldn't give a flying fuck about it.

But at the same time I feel really guilty of such feelings, and as much as I try to understand him, or change my way to think about it, I can't. You can't understand a crazed mind as his, and you can't force (inexistent?) brotherly love or any feelings; only hide them, which leads to stress periods like the one I'm suffering now.

And when I finally decide to tell my mom about it, she passes it off as stupid. Something along the lines of "why does it bother you that much, that's stupid", she said. Fuck her.

This'll get serious anytime now. I feel I could break down anytime and I actually just hit my head against a bookcase fairly hard out of sheer rage. I feel so damn impotent because I can't just go and talk to someone about it.

Doesn't really help that I'm writing a report due tomorrow as if nothing right now, gotta finish my track for TLK4, practice vocal technique like I'm supposed to, to eventually record vocals for said track. Might drop out of the compo, idk.

Hopefully you can make some sense off this, I have no friends I really trust to talk about this and as I said, my mom passes this all off as BS, leaving this little thread as my only outlet.

I'm seriously considering leaving this house as soon as the opportunity arises - even when my parents are offering to pay my uni, and after they've done so much for me to express my creativity by buying equipment and instruments I needed - because of shit like this.

vladnuke wrote:Oh god guys i made the worst fucking mistake im so fucking ashamed of myself. (...)

You realized your mistake and corrected it while you still had time, that's great. Be proud of yourself and do your best to help your mom get through this situation.

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I won't give away any details of whats happening, but I'm worried about one of my friends. That's all you need to know. (...)

Whatever might be wrong with your friend, I hope he can get through it and forget it as soon as possible. Give them all the support you can.
oops I dropped the bass

will you pick it up for me
Conchetupony

Primary: Ardour 3.3.1
Cutie Mark: Mindlessly rocking out

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 25 Jul 2013 00:11

Conchetupony wrote:Alright, this is something that has bothered me for a long while now, but especially in this moment.

My brother is autistic. He lives in his own world: he reasons much differently than normal people, has some very odd habits, has pretty much no social skills nor a concept of emotion, you know the drill.

His odd antics, particularly screaming for reasons we often don't understand, annoy me to no end, have me stressed as crap and made me hate his guts. Seriously, I sometimes think he could die, have a horrible home accident (something he's quite prone to, as he also doesn't understand danger or death) or whatever right now and I wouldn't give a flying fuck about it.

But at the same time I feel really guilty of such feelings, and as much as I try to understand him, or change my way to think about it, I can't. You can't understand a crazed mind as his, and you can't force (inexistent?) brotherly love or any feelings; only hide them, which leads to stress periods like the one I'm suffering now.

And when I finally decide to tell my mom about it, she passes it off as stupid. Something along the lines of "why does it bother you that much, that's stupid", she said. Fuck her.

This'll get serious anytime now. I feel I could break down anytime and I actually just hit my head against a bookcase fairly hard out of sheer rage. I feel so damn impotent because I can't just go and talk to someone about it.

Doesn't really help that I'm writing a report due tomorrow as if nothing right now, gotta finish my track for TLK4, practice vocal technique like I'm supposed to, to eventually record vocals for said track. Might drop out of the compo, idk.

Hopefully you can make some sense off this, I have no friends I really trust to talk about this and as I said, my mom passes this all off as BS, leaving this little thread as my only outlet.

I'm seriously considering leaving this house as soon as the opportunity arises - even when my parents are offering to pay my uni, and after they've done so much for me to express my creativity by buying equipment and instruments I needed - because of shit like this.

vladnuke wrote:Oh god guys i made the worst fucking mistake im so fucking ashamed of myself. (...)

You realized your mistake and corrected it while you still had time, that's great. Be proud of yourself and do your best to help your mom get through this situation.

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I won't give away any details of whats happening, but I'm worried about one of my friends. That's all you need to know. (...)

Whatever might be wrong with your friend, I hope he can get through it and forget it as soon as possible. Give them all the support you can.

I have Autism Spectrum, and while it's really easy to try be PC about it all..this is common. People with Autism can be VERY annoying. A lot of the time they're not doing anything to annoy people on purpose - the screaming for example is a Stim. It's a way of coping with sensory overload by making your own sensory stimulation. I have Stims but not anything really obvious. He's probably sound sensative, so he makes his own noise to give himself some measure of control over the stimulation. It can be fucking hard to deal with though, there is no way of sugar coating that. But one thing that works with some kids is to give them an mp3 player to listen to when they're feeling overwhelmed by unfamiliar sounds.

And thank you. She* got things sorted out, luckily.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion