EquestriaCon

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

EquestriaCon

Postby Pixel Bass » 16 Apr 2012 21:23

Hey guys, I'm Pixel Bass and I currently have no complete songs on the internet. I'm working on a balloon party entry, and after that I'm going to work on a Gala song. That isn't important. At least, not yet.

The reason this post is titled EquestriaCon is because that is what is happening in this post. I'm inviting everyone, and by that I mean EVERYONE to EquestriaCon in Austin, Texas on August 4th of this year.

My friend Tranquil Hooves (not into the music thing yet) decided he wanted to set up a con. After long hours of thinking, thinking, and more thinking, We have decided to do it. We have created a website at http://www.equestriacon.com and the current managers of it are Tranquil, Me, Flaedr (some of you may know him), Keelx, and DaSani. We are all musicians of sorts, some more than others. We have also recently acquired That One Pony, but he isn't a musician.

So, you may be wondering what this convention/meetup/thingy has to offer. As of now, we don't really have anything. That's why I'm asking for help from you guys. If any of you at all could just come down for a bit during the Con on August 4th, maybe perform, maybe not, it would definitely help us out a lot. (personally, I would love to turn this into a huge brony music hangout)

If we do get it going this year, it will probably be around 200 people, but we hope to expand it for next year. If we don't get it going this year (deadline in 15 days) then we will instantly go into planning for 2013.

Even if you can't come, it would be great if you could spread the above link around. We really can't do this without the community and we don't have their attention without publicity.

Thank you for your time,
-Riley Trautman a.k.a. Pixel Bass

TL;DR: http://www.equestriacon.com Music Party in the Live Music Capital of the World (with your help)!

OH! And this: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TSLPVDZ <-- That would be helpful.
This is my signature. It was supposed to be an awesome text-art thing but it doesn't like multiple spaces in a row. This made me sad.
Pixel Bass
Moustache

Re: EquestriaCon

Postby Flaedr » 16 Apr 2012 21:29

Yes, this should be amazing.
Flaedr

Postby Whitetail » 17 Apr 2012 00:18

So, you may be wondering what this convention/meetup/thingy has to offer. As of now, we don't really have anything. That's why I'm asking for help from you guys. If any of you at all could just come down for a bit during the Con on August 4th, maybe perform, maybe not, it would definitely help us out a lot. (personally, I would love to turn this into a huge brony music hangout)

The first thing you'd want to do is have a good idea what you actually want to do so you can plan accordingly and budget yourselves correctly. It doesn't look like you have a very clear idea what you're actually trying to do here :V

There's QUITE A big difference between a convention and a meetup
Whitetail

Postby Freewave » 17 Apr 2012 07:30

Whitetail wrote:

The first thing you'd want to do is have a good idea what you actually want to do so you can plan accordingly and budget yourselves correctly. It doesn't look like you have a very clear idea what you're actually trying to do here :V

There's QUITE A big difference between a convention and a meetup

Agreed. Hope this goes well and you plan accordingly. Each coast should its brony con and the southern coast obviously as well. Austin is a good place to do this and it sounds like a good idea. Just see if you can get any guests (musicians, artists, MLP cast or creators) to attend if you want to make this a real con. I would say a dj who can play some MLP music at some point is one of your best bets in a live setting. Good luck but get planning.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Pixel Bass » 22 Apr 2012 22:38

We actually have a lot more planning now. Check out our website at http://www.equestriacon.com. We also have a running list of other cons on our site so if you are looking for a con closer to you, head over to our 'Other Meetups and Cons' page.
This is my signature. It was supposed to be an awesome text-art thing but it doesn't like multiple spaces in a row. This made me sad.
Pixel Bass
Moustache

Return to Off-Topic Discussion