Paid Lessons?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Paid Lessons?

Postby NameWTH » 28 Mar 2012 20:25

I was wondering if there was anyone who'd be interested in possibly giving me some lessons on making electronic music. I can do Skype, but my online times are ridiculously inconsistent so it wouldn't be something that I could schedule. So I'd prefer in-person lessons if possible (I live in BC, Canada), though I can sometimes be pretty quiet. But I'll absorb everything you say. =P

Anyways, yeah, I'd be willing to pay somewhere around $50/hour (we can figure out pricing; depending on the situation I might be willing to pay up to $75-100/hour). I don't mind learning a new DAW if necessary, since that just gives me a chance to learn more.

I know I could just watch a massive amount of tutorials on YouTube, and I have tried that, but it's a lot easier to learn by having an actual person, since I can ask questions if I have any (which I will). Even if you're not really "teaching" me, I'd be perfectly happy with you just slowing down a bit while working on a song and pretty much just saying "I want the sound to do this, so I'm turning these knobs/adding this effect/whatever."

So yeah. If you're at all interested that'd be awesome, just reply here with contact information (Skype or email) or send me a forum PM. Thanks. <3

Oh and yes, I do realize that a lot of it is experience, but I really want to improve as fast as possible, and this seems like a pretty good way to do that.
NameWTH

Re: Paid Lessons?

Postby MasterOfRegret » 28 Mar 2012 20:50

Brohoof for BC, born in Kamloops, moved across country (ON), back in Alberta, near Grande Prairie. Unfortunately that means I can't help you, but yeah, glad to see you're so dedicated.
Check out my stuff.
| Youtube | SoundCloud |
I'm finally getting good at this!
MasterOfRegret

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Postby the4thImpulse » 28 Mar 2012 21:40

I live in kelowna if that works and I have helped some friends quite a bit over the last year and a half. I use ableton live on a pc.

I'm not on skype too often so you can email me if you want at - [email protected] - I check that email many times a day.
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby NameWTH » 28 Mar 2012 22:24

Unfortunately since I'm not able to drive that'd be too far away (Google maps says 4.5 hours driving time). D: Thanks though.
NameWTH

Postby Icky » 29 Mar 2012 00:03

I'm not an expert producer or anything but I'd be willing to show you a thing or two, no money neccesary really. What genres are you interested in though? I mainly do DnB myself.

Oh, I use FL studio 10.

Just PM me if you're interested!
Icky

Return to Off-Topic Discussion