close encounters?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: close encounters?

Postby Alycs » 08 May 2013 20:41

@Flaofei: I caught that reference.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Sonarch » 08 May 2013 20:50

But then again, maybe life on Earth was a complete fluke that will never happen again ever forever

....nah
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 08 May 2013 21:01

would the universe still be 13 billion years old if you believe in a God? Let's say that some Bible says that he created it over a period of 7 days, and through the research that people smarter than myself (or should i say people who are more interested in such a topic) did, the earth from when Adam and Eve left the garden is about 6 thousand years old. (Give or take, I might not be super accurate in my biblical talk,) or if you believe in God and also believe in the Gap Theory (i might be wrong on this too), you could believe that the 7 day creation thingy was metaphoric for long periods of time meaning that the earth is older than 6 thousand years by several million/ billion years.

Anyway, I don't even know if that made sense, but my point behind it is: What you believe can change your stance for that long equation previously posted.
Bronies Are Cool

Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Postby Alycs » 08 May 2013 21:05

No, It made no sense... as a Catholic that has taken a lot of apologetic philosophy... I have no idea what you were getting at (and I don't think you understand what Gap Theory is... its not a good thing... its not even a theory)

But I'm heading to sleep; please don't go crazy while I'm gone.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby KvackPack » 09 May 2013 02:19

Hmm, I think I've gotten caught several times... But my parents/siblings doesn't seem to give a damn. I remember that I liked a status on fb that was pwny related and my dad saw that on his feed, awkward. :/
But since we're talking about close encounters, I think I've almost been caught while watching MLP on my computer (the normal story, parents are walking into my room). And that's why I'm from then on always watch ponies on my phone. :P
KvackPack's/Univolved's links:
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Youtube
KvackPack

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 13 May 2013 06:44

I'm not much for Alien theories. But the concept of another intelligent species is intriguing (why wouldn't it be?). I've heard some pretty bullshit theories about aliens though.

One of which states that the earth is hollow, and there are holes in the north and south poles where spaceships can enter and leave, and earth is actually a space port. And that's why there are so many ufo sightings (because obviously none of these people are only interested in the attention).

Did I mention that I think alien abduction stories are bullshit?
I've witness how people are willing to lie through their asses to get some limelight firsthand.
There was restraining orders from local councils involved in that.
I don't think abductions are any different.

A few people might have had something genuinely odd happen to them and thousands more decided their 15 minutes of fame was due.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby JSynth » 13 May 2013 11:53

One time, I was walking down the street when I came across a blue box.
Suddenly, a man came out of the box and said "come with me, I need your help!"
Then I woke up and cried.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Sonarch » 13 May 2013 17:16

Please tell me this thread isn't about to devolve into religion arguments
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Nine Volt » 13 May 2013 17:19

All threads will eventually devolve into religious arguments. It's just a matter of when.
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 13 May 2013 17:29

The question is, now how long will it be until Godwin's Law is satisfied?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby Stars In Autumn » 13 May 2013 21:11

Religious discussion is not, well, explicitly prohibited, but it's out of topic here and generally just leads to nastiness. Please keep on topic.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby vladnuke » 13 May 2013 21:37

back onto the subject of encounters of the brony kind, I met a couple bronies today and geve them all wedgies, i am also in 3rd grade and too big for my class, which makes taking their lunchables all the more easy.

But srsly, comparing coming out as a fan of a show to "coming out" as something more pertinent (being anything other than straight/cis) is a tad dramatic, if not a little rude.
vladnuke

Postby FLAOFEI » 13 May 2013 23:46

vladnuke wrote:back onto the subject of encounters of the brony kind, I met a couple bronies today and geve them all wedgies, i am also in 3rd grade and too big for my class, which makes taking their lunchables all the more easy.

... If you are actually serious about what I think I just read... I hate your face and would like to grab you and toss your sorry ass in to the wall.
When you say 3rd grade... Dose that mean your 9 years old? Caus then its understandable you acting like an idiot... In that case, just grow up.

But srs. Not cool. Don't be a bully. If there is the slightest bit of sympathy in you, you will never do it again.

About compreing comeing out as a brony and comeing out with sexuality... I don't se how you can't compare them. It's a big deal for the person with the feelings, and they rin the risk of dissrespectfull stuff, like wedgies apparently. Granted, sexuality is a bigger deal for a lot of ppl. Dosn't mean you can't compare them.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby vladnuke » 14 May 2013 00:32

FLAOFEI wrote:
vladnuke wrote:back onto the subject of encounters of the brony kind, I met a couple bronies today and geve them all wedgies, i am also in 3rd grade and too big for my class, which makes taking their lunchables all the more easy.

... If you are actually serious about what I think I just read... I hate your face and would like to grab you and toss your sorry ass in to the wall.
When you say 3rd grade... Dose that mean your 9 years old? Caus then its understandable you acting like an idiot... In that case, just grow up.

But srs. Not cool. Don't be a bully. If there is the slightest bit of sympathy in you, you will never do it again.

About compreing comeing out as a brony and comeing out with sexuality... I don't se how you can't compare them. It's a big deal for the person with the feelings, and they rin the risk of dissrespectfull stuff, like wedgies apparently. Granted, sexuality is a bigger deal for a lot of ppl. Dosn't mean you can't compare them.

Yes you're right I am in the 3rd grade I am going to be the best producer in the world also I shit in people lunchables and give them back, perfectly resealed. I also played guitar with with skrillex one time because I won a prize in a box of Cocoa Puffs.
#REALESTTALKPOSSIBLE

bitch my gamerzone is set constantly to underground because that's just how pro i am

you wont believe how many games of cod i've beaten

#THISTALKISSOREALYOUCANCUTITWITHAKNIFE

im not even afraid to say the f word

the f word is friendship you shit eating cunt

like you even lift, i lift 50 pounds and i don't get a spotter cuz im g like that

i can even open a bottle of ketchup

But the one thing I can't do? Compare missing out on a whole part of your life and being treated like a second citizen, to missing out on talking about a show.

Some bronies do that shit.

Some bronies need to sit right down and think about the stuff that comes out their mouths/keyboards.

Some Bronies

are Cool.

OP must stand for his crimes of being a terrible person, the sentence being a stern warning of "The term 'closet brony' makes you seem like you're comparing sexuality problems with fandom problems, please find a better term. Like just saying that you're a brony in hiding, or a stealth brony."
vladnuke

Postby FLAOFEI » 14 May 2013 02:31

vladnuke wrote:
FLAOFEI wrote:
vladnuke wrote:*IMABULLY.txt

*IHATEBULLYSLIKEYOU.txt

*I'm just gonna assume this part was trolling rage and stuff. Judging from your lenguage you are not 9... but I'm still not sure about that...

But the one thing I can't do? Compare missing out on a whole part of your life and being treated like a second citizen, to missing out on talking about a show.
Some bronies do that shit.
Some bronies need to sit right down and think about the stuff that comes out their mouths/keyboards.
Some Bronies are Cool.
OP must stand for his crimes of being a terrible person, the sentence being a stern warning of "The term 'closet brony' makes you seem like you're comparing sexuality problems with fandom problems, please find a better term. Like just saying that you're a brony in hiding, or a stealth brony."

Yeah... some bronys do exaggerate. But then again, ponys can be a pretty darn big part of a persons life, and its a big deal for them if people close to them disapprove of it. If they haven't come out of the closet as gay or something else they will never have had any experience with coming out of any closets. The brony closet is gonna be the biggest closet they ever came out of, so its a big deal for them. Maby not as big as sexuality, but still. It's a big deal.

As for the word... really? Being in a closet just means your hiding something. It's a good word that everybody knows what it means.

As for lifting, I can fairly easily lift 50 pounds in each hand, so that's 100 pounds total with no big difficulty. As for cod, that game sux. As for f words, I say it to much (the rude one, not friendship), and frankly its annoying. As for playing guitar with Skrillex, pics or it didn't happen. As for ketchup, meh. As for age, why am I arguing with a 9 year old?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby Nine Volt » 14 May 2013 04:48

My god, man. Can you not tell he's completely not serious?
Nine Volt

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 14 May 2013 06:34

ghost encounters can go here, big foot encounters can go here, etc.

If you think you saw a ghost, does it compel you to want to try to document it on camera? Does it mak you basically want to do what the people from Ghost Adventures do? Even if ghosts did not exist, going on a ghost hunt over night with a couple of friends would be really fun to do anyway just because any sound would make you be like, "Ghost!" or something. Anyway, I've never been seen any ghosts before, but a fear years ago when i was into the show Ghost Adventures, i was scared to be in my house alone at night. i was paranoid and began to think that there were actually ghosts around me and i would pay extra attention to shadows seeming out of place or something.

actually, i think i do have a ghost story. I was sleeping in my room when i was in 2nd grade on the top bunk, my little bro on the bottom. in the middle of the night, i woke up and after a minute or two, the sound of my little brothers breathing got louder and louder. as it did, i felt a breath on the back of my neck every time he exhaled. it went on for about 10 seconds of me feeling that breath before i turned around. when i did, the loud breathing stopped and i did not feel that again. It was really weird and I can't explain it, but i dont really know if i am going to say it was a ghost or not, but i honestly dont even care.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 14 May 2013 08:45

eery wrote:the truth is always more boring than the stories we make in our heads.

I can say the same, but sometimes its good to know for sure, but sometimes =the truth can be more interesting, for example:

A close encounter for the USA and Russia during the Cold War. We all know that there was no actual fighting during the cold war, that's the truth. This is not interesting, so we can make up stories about what would happen if we did fight. That would be very interesting, less boring. Then two weeks ago in History class, I learned that there was actually a battle between the USA and Russia during the cold war. It was not made known to the public at that time because after the battle was over, both USA and Russia agreed that telling the public would lead to a full scale war, which ironically neither wanted to do.

anyway, i was just making an example where the truth can be less boring than the truth. :3 (i did that on purpose)
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 14 May 2013 08:52

Nine Volt wrote:My god, man. Can you not tell he's completely not serious?

O RLY?

Still think hes 9 years old :I
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 14 May 2013 09:21

are you talking about me? :3
Bronies Are Cool

Postby Nine Volt » 14 May 2013 13:13

No, vladnuke.

I don't believe in ghosts.
Nine Volt

Postby Sonarch » 14 May 2013 21:01

I've never had any ghost-y type encounters that I can think of, but my old scoutmaster told me a story of how he was doing this big long-distance drive through some deserty state like Texas and he was getting really sleepy because he was outside radio range so there was nothing to listen to, and then the radio kinda blared on for a few seconds, which totally woke him up in time to turn away from a big cliff, thus saving his life.

Not sure if that'd be considered ghosts or a religious type of thing but it was a cool story that i'm probably bad at retelling
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Postby ExoBassTix » 15 May 2013 00:41

Ghost encounter. Yeah, I can relate...
Story time gaiz.

So my dad was cooking chicken tonight, just put the pan on the stove with *essential detail* 3 slices of butter.
That day I had already been shocked quite hard by my iPod already (sometimes I'm static as fuck).
So I walked over to where he was cooking, cuz I like overlooking teh cookinz. There were two tin cans (stacked atop each other) against the wall on the unoccupied part of the stove, with the bottle of chicken tonight next to it. I dunno why, but I wanted to look at the top tin can with baby maïs, so I picked it up. Well, upon touch, I got this massive shock of death (that I still felt a few hours afterwards). I immediately recoiled, my dad was all like "teh fuq dude what you doin".

Scary thing now is that one slice of butter was now leaning against that can, supported by the bottle next to it. And the pan had only 2 slices.

My dad was like "... Wtf that man" and I hysterically laughed and walked away.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion