Reason 7

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Reason 7

Postby Sugarholik » 04 May 2013 07:04

Was released some days ago in case you didn't know.

As I use the demo version it didn't have that much more to offer except that the mixer window won't show up automatically so I have less scrolling (all I need is the rack window).
Aside from that some of the looks have been redone, there's an FFT window, and MIDI out device.

Check it out if you feel like it!

And/or discuss.
Holy fuck, it's been such a long time! Thanks all 'yall everyponies! If you're a familiar username on a nostalgia trip, I sincerely hope life's been treating you well. I've certainly had quite a journey! The ride never ends! <3

Sugarholik

Primary: Renoise
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Reason 7

Postby Nine Volt » 04 May 2013 07:35

So the demo version prevents you from saving projects, right? If that's true I'll pass for the time being, but I'll pick it up when I have the money for the full version.
Nine Volt

Postby hackd » 04 May 2013 10:00

I bought the full version on launch day (technically I got 6.5 and qualified for the free upgrade). I've been working in 5.0 for a couple of years now so the alligator, echo, pulverizer, and audiomatic effects are all new to me (and fricken cool man xD).

The new mixer seems like it would cater a lot more towards musicians working with a lot of external instruments (like acoustics and what not) but I still find that it's very useful for those that are working in a total midi environment.

The spectral EQ is nice but nothing game changing. Though the library is pretty limited for rack extensions (Reason's plug ins) it's neat that they all have the modular attributes that native reason devices have (like the cables).

Also, I find that it's really easy to navigate the workspace, but perhaps that's not necessarily new.

Pro-tips:
F2 brings up spectral EQ
F3 brings up mic input mixer thing
F4 brings up computer key keyboard

F5 switches to mixer window
F6 switches to rack window
F7 switches to sequencer window

If you've got any specific questions about it, feel free to throw me a message on skype.
if you need to contact me, you can do it via tumblr or email ([email protected])

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/hackdsounds
Tumblr: http://hackdlife.tumblr.com/
Feel free to link me zalgo, nightmare fuel, and terror. Preferably at 3AM ;]
hackd

Primary: Reason 7.0
Cutie Mark: HARSH NOISES

Postby cyrricky » 04 May 2013 12:06

As a person who works pretty much exclusively in MIDI, the switch from the 14:2 line mixer to the SSL Mixer in R6 was amazingtastic and I loved it. Just putting in my two cents.
Youtube - Soundcloud - Tumblr

DAW: Propellerhead Reason 6
cyrricky

Primary: Reason

Postby Sugarholik » 04 May 2013 15:57

Nine Volt wrote:So the demo version prevents you from saving projects, right? If that's true I'll pass for the time being, but I'll pick it up when I have the money for the full version.

If you already have some other DAW you are working with the demo is awesome as a ReWire synth. You don't really need projects as you can create your patches with a couple of clicks. And you can save, but you can't load projects. Additionally rack extensions and ReFills don't work in demo.

hackd wrote:If you've got any specific questions about it, feel free to throw me a message on skype.

Golly gee, thanks! But I think I can manage. :)
Holy fuck, it's been such a long time! Thanks all 'yall everyponies! If you're a familiar username on a nostalgia trip, I sincerely hope life's been treating you well. I've certainly had quite a journey! The ride never ends! <3

Sugarholik

Primary: Renoise
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Off-Topic Discussion