It's finally started, and I want to share it.

Non-music works of yours and others' making. Art, poetry, fimfics, and more. Member specific threads are encouraged (e.g. a sketchbook).

It's finally started, and I want to share it.

Postby DemonicBrony » 20 Jun 2014 11:46

In my first post January of last year,I introduced my series Mystic Riders. http://mylittleremix.com/viewtopic.php?t=6832 What I neglected to mention was the original concept I came up with. See when it was originally a pitch for G5, what made me change the concept was this:

Overwhelmed by the odds of a new threat Twilight and her friends find a portal to the human world and traverse through it to find help. Rainbow Dash meets a girl who is then magically granted a sword to ward off the evil minions that have followed them to the human world.

Honestly I'm glad I didn't go through with this, especially since Equesteria Girls introduces the multiverse concept to MLP. Of which any human to goes to Equesteria would become a pony... Anyways I'm getting off topic. Point is I had a first concept inspired by the videogame Darksiders that I reworked, and rebuilt from the afore mentioned concept for G5. It involved a unicorn traversing from her world to Earth in search of her destined "rider" before she meets a girl, and they fight off monsters, and traverse back to the unicorn's home world.

I then wrote this concept in February of this year as a short story prequel to the Harry PotterxDarksiders concept that I started around May of 2011, and submitted it to an online magazine called The Literary Yard who published it on April 23rd. This short story is meant to work as an excerpt lead-in to the rest of the prequel series The Mystic Rider. Which will kick off the Mystic Rider continuity. Anyway here's an excerpt from the story:

Rebecca sat at her desk, as she gazed at the locket, before it glowed once more. The locket yanked itself from Rebecca’s hand, before it landed at the base of her neck, and manifested a necklace. Rebecca tried to remove the necklace, before and aura surrounded her body, and levitated her towards her bedroom door. She covered herself, before the door opened, and she flew down the hallway, and to the entrance of her house. The door opened, and closed behind Rebecca, as she flew from her house, and in the direction of Clarissa. Rebecca gazed at the speeding ground below her as her heart raised while she saw cars past by below her. Rebecca came to a sudden halt in the middle of the road, before she landed in front of the unicorn who was running towards her. When Clarissa saw Rebecca, she slid to a halt, and sat in front of her.

“Are you… My… rider…?” Clarissa asked, as she was catching her breath.

And here's a link to the full story:

http://literaryyard.com/2014/04/23/stor ... tic-rider/ Lemme know what y'all think since one of my audiences for this series is the Brony community...
DemonicBrony

Re: It's finally started, and I want to share it.

Postby ph00tbag » 20 Jun 2014 13:11

This goes here.

God is in his heaven, and all is right with the world.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby DemonicBrony » 20 Jun 2014 15:20

ph00tbag wrote:This goes here.

God is in his heaven, and all is right with the world.

I don't see how since The Mystic Rider isn't a fan work, but an original story I built from scratch. But this is fine so long I get this story some exposure and build an audience for it.
DemonicBrony

Postby Freewave » 20 Jun 2014 16:47

Well this is a music site so we're really not the best place to advertise a fimfiction in the least. You might want to try mlpforums or ponychan for that. There's a ton of writers with loads of fimfictions but they certainly don't regularly drop them off here. :geek: Hope it does well.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby DemonicBrony » 20 Jun 2014 19:17

Freewave wrote:Well this is a music site so we're really not the best place to advertise a fimfiction in the least. You might want to try mlpforums or ponychan for that. There's a ton of writers with loads of fimfictions but they certainly don't regularly drop them off here. :geek: Hope it does well.

Again, it's not a fan fiction, hence why I can't publish it on FiMfiction(Or maybe I can idk), and I do intend on sharing it on MLPForums, but haven't considered Ponychan, so thanks for that option... I also came across like a Rainbow Dash forum, so I'mma see if that still exist and maybe share it there.
DemonicBrony

Return to Pony Fan Works Gossip