GhostXb's Art Stuff

Non-music works of yours and others' making. Art, poetry, fimfics, and more. Member specific threads are encouraged (e.g. a sketchbook).

GhostXb's Art Stuff

Postby GhostXb » 01 Jan 2013 20:49

Sup. I recently got an intuos5 pen tablet so I've been going pretty hardcore on it. My art skills need a lot of improvement so I've just been drawing a lot of random things. I'm going to be posting doodles and stuff here. Any critique to help me improve is very much welcome.

Here's my deviant profile if anyone cares to watch me. I hope to start uploading stuff periodically from now on. At the moment, my gallery is pretty scarce. Haven't uploaded anything in over two years.

http://ghost-dot-ex.deviantart.com/

Here's my OC Vinyl Crush. Still haven't gotten around to doing a cutie mark. Perhaps I'll do that next. Don't have much experience drawing ponies so the anatomy and perspective is kind of confusing to me.

GhostXb

Re: GhostXb's Art Stuff

Postby GhostXb » 01 Jan 2013 21:41

TheBronyChip wrote:woah thats cool Good work!

Thanks! Also if anyone wants to suggest anything for me to draw, I'm always looking for excuses to draw something!
GhostXb

Postby Matthew N. » 05 Jan 2013 18:19

GhostXb wrote:

Thanks! Also if anyone wants to suggest anything for me to draw, I'm always looking for excuses to draw something!

Overhaul my OC/avatar (the one I use here). I beg you.
Matthew N.

Postby GhostXb » 06 Jan 2013 22:45

Matthew N. wrote:
GhostXb wrote:

Overhaul my OC/avatar (the one I use here). I beg you.

Haha, I'll do it. When I do stuff for myself, I tend to mull it over for a long period of time, but when I do something for someone else, (like say making music for charity ;) ) I feel more motivated to push myself.
GhostXb

Postby GhostXb » 28 Jan 2013 20:54

TheBronyChip wrote:
GhostXb wrote:

draw a lot of the popular ocs in mlr into like one background image

That would be ballsy, I have enough trouble just drawing one pony XD! Anyways, I haven't uploaded anything in a while so here's a few pics. This one is my friend as Ultralord.

When I get around to finishing this one, I want to make my hand look like the Joker's XD.

WIP of Mathew N.'s request. I have no idea when I'll get around to finishing it, I'm knee deep in school work ATM.

Re-did Fluttershy cause I thought I could do a better job.

Right now I'm experimenting with inking. Just bought some brushes and an ink bottle. I'm thinking of experimenting by inking layers with tracing paper, then scanning them, and see if I can do something cool with them while digitizing. I think I'll use this method for a typography assignment.
GhostXb

Postby GhostXb » 08 Feb 2013 06:05

TheBronyChip wrote:nice job on flutter shy :D

Thanks, to be honest, I"ll probably re-do her again XD! I'm quite experimental ATM. Still trying to establish a style that I like.
GhostXb

Postby Matthew N. » 08 Feb 2013 06:46

So. Freaking. Gorgeous. Can't wait for the final design. I'll actually chip in a few bucks for your work! I love the style you chose for this, too. Very unique.

Due to the size of the pic, I am pretty sure I'll incorporate this into my new youtube channel background. WITH visible credits, naturally!
Matthew N.

Postby Matthew N. » 05 Mar 2013 13:45

Ghost - where are thou? :(
Matthew N.

Postby GhostXb » 13 Mar 2013 17:37

Yeah sorry, I got like five weeks of school left and then I'll graduate and get my New Media Design Diploma....hopefully, I still have a colossal amount of work to do so this might have to wait until the end of April.
GhostXb

Postby Matthew N. » 13 Mar 2013 18:05

This is the worst news I heard for a while now. :( Not the graduating part, of course... but yeah, I'm sad anyways. I really need to update my youtube layout with this masterpiece once it's done.
Matthew N.

Postby GhostXb » 14 Mar 2013 19:23

Trying to redesign my logo. Here's a draft, thoughts?

GhostXb

Postby Matthew N. » 16 Mar 2013 04:53

Both of them are just as good.
Matthew N.

Postby GhostXb » 17 Mar 2013 20:00

Thought my logo needed a little more attitude. Here is some stuff I came up with. Started with circle designs, and tried implementing it into my logo. Also added some color variations.

GhostXb

Postby Nine Volt » 18 Mar 2013 13:13

3rd from the bottom, the black one. That's best in my opinion, but I'm a sucker for for that kind of stuff :3
Nine Volt

Return to Pony Fan Works Gossip