Stuff from MLA

Non-music works of yours and others' making. Art, poetry, fimfics, and more. Member specific threads are encouraged (e.g. a sketchbook).

Stuff from MLA

Postby MyLittleAwesome » 30 Oct 2012 10:28

Disregard title, this is only one thing. Not sure if I'll be making anything else.

In a painful (literally) attempt to use watercolors, this pathetic mockery of Sofa And Quills was created.

Never painting with an open wound again...

~MLA
MyLittleAwesome

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Stuff from MLA

Postby MyLittleAwesome » 05 Dec 2012 09:27

These could be considered music related. Every drawing or painting is fan-art for a certain song by the following musicians:

SoGreatAndPowerful

Cats Millionaire

Aesop Rock

Actually, 80% of these are made for SGaP.

~MLA
MyLittleAwesome

Postby vladnuke » 13 Dec 2012 02:37

Yo, thiis is some real hot abstract stuff. Like, my mind is geting Kadinsky'ed pretty hard right now. I want to say New Contemporary but that's too much of a blanket term. Art needs to take a few pointers from music and learn the wonders of subgenres. Hell, the last one could be considered Lowbrow by neophyte masses who are just given the basic explanation and not the substance or history.

But that's too much of a tangent from my original point, in saying that this is some real classy stuff.
So yeah, good job.
vladnuke

Postby MyLittleAwesome » 06 Jan 2013 05:29

vladnuke wrote:Yo, thiis is some real hot abstract stuff. Like, my mind is geting Kadinsky'ed pretty hard right now. I want to say New Contemporary but that's too much of a blanket term. Art needs to take a few pointers from music and learn the wonders of subgenres. Hell, the last one could be considered Lowbrow by neophyte masses who are just given the basic explanation and not the substance or history.

But that's too much of a tangent from my original point, in saying that this is some real classy stuff.
So yeah, good job.

This is so nice! Thank you very much!

For some reason I was thinking "Dali" in that last abstract one, lol. And visual art has just as many (if not more) sub-genres just like music. Abstract representationalism? Ha ha, I'm not sure myself, really!

But thank you so much for your comment! (:
MyLittleAwesome

Return to Pony Fan Works Gossip