In-character speech (Lyra) Make a revision!

Non-music works of yours and others' making. Art, poetry, fimfics, and more. Member specific threads are encouraged (e.g. a sketchbook).

In-character speech (Lyra) Make a revision!

Postby Marshmelon » 29 Oct 2012 04:26

So I came across one of those doll (it's an action figure!) modelling channels on youtube, where girls of various ages take their dolls (it's an action figure!) and pretend that they're models on one of their silly reality/contest shows that they assuredly watch but I don't.

I decided to enter this one.

But, unfortunately for me, I take my trolling far more seriously than I do, say, my personal health, and now that the idea has germinated for a few hours, I have every intention of taking this tiny, TINY, amateur competition by storm and doing it right.

My doll (it's an action figure) is a Lyra Heartstrings, with brushable mane and tail, going under the stage name "G-String" (a name borrowed from "Lyra and Bon Bon's Odd Jobs 2"). After just these few hours I have a whole headcanon for this character, and a few concepts for videos of her, some directly related to the doll (it's an action figure)-modelling industry, some not.

The following is my first attempt at one of those beauty-pageant speeches, but (as you'll quickly recognize) I have no idea what I'm doing and have made no attempt to hide that fact.

I have the overall mood down. Tell me what to fix semantically, and what to add (or subtract!) content-wise.

There is a song that goes, “When there is only darkness, Integrity is your first casualty.”
This line really catches my attention. Maybe it’s the angsty filly in me, or maybe it’s just because I’ve been in that darkness in my life and I find truth in the lyric. Sometimes, in times of distress, you make sacrifices. Sometimes, you sacrifice not material things, but bit of your morality. You betray yourself in order to survive and eventually there isn’t anything left, you just aren’t you anymore.

That’s when you can rebuild.

That’s when you sneak out and join rallies and protests and lash out against the things you hate, the things that have oppressed you all your life. You don’t have an image to keep up anymore, you can finally be honest.

That’s when you meet a girl who admires you for who you are becoming, not what you used to be, and you admire her. Maybe she’s a bit sheltered, but maybe you’re a bit brash. You complement each other nicely, and it’s only a matter of time before you wake up next to her one day and realize that you’ve been in love this whole time.

That’s when you can become stronger than you ever could have become before, when you can really start feeling good about yourself, when you have the self-esteem to degrade yourself, just to stand by the underdog. You don’t have anything to lose, you can finally help people. Some people want to walk all over you, but you won’t be trod on.

Because as the song says, “They took my kindness, but not my silence. Nothing can silence me.”
I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life. I’ll own up to that. I’m not perfect-- but then again, nobody is. But I don’t have to BE perfect to love myself, to love life. To love others. I really believe that once somebody can be honest with herself, she can start helping others to do the same. Honesty, I’ve come to realize, is my guiding virtue.

Because I don’t ever feel I should have to lie about who I am. I don’t ever believe I should have to say “You only live once” to excuse myself for liking what I do. We all like different things, right? We’re all different people. We should be allowed to be different people, to be who we want to be, to be ourselves. I know who I am. I’m G-String.

And I’m not your typical model.
Marshmelon

Return to Pony Fan Works Gossip