Tear stain

Non-music works of yours and others' making. Art, poetry, fimfics, and more. Member specific threads are encouraged (e.g. a sketchbook).

Tear stain

Postby Inkpony » 27 Mar 2012 15:54

Anyone willing to draw me a simple blotch that looks like a tear stain on paper? (Without the paper in the background.) Transparent would be awesome, please? You don't have to color it, but I can't seem to find one anywhere on the net, and it's driving me crazy.
Inkpony

Re: Tear stain

Postby MasterOfRegret » 27 Mar 2012 15:59

My graphic artist buddy says to change the color on an ink splat.
Check out my stuff.
| Youtube | SoundCloud |
I'm finally getting good at this!
MasterOfRegret

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Postby Navron » 28 Mar 2012 19:19

A great effect you can use in Photoshop is the plastic wrap filter.

Just simply draw a marque around the area you want, add the plastic wrap filter to it, and adjust the settings to what you want. That is, if you're trying to add a teary eyed effect on a character.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby AlicornBob » 11 Apr 2012 09:49

Yeah... I'd go with what MasterOfRegret said. An ink blot in photoshop, no background (or "clear" background), and just adjust the opacity of the layer.

I'd do it right now, but I wouldn't be able to upload it anywhere since I'm at school.
(They block pretty much everything. This website will probobly be blocked soon too.)
AlicornBob

Return to Pony Fan Works Gossip