Brony Music & Musicians

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby ph00tbag » 15 Jun 2014 01:19

Fl Brony wrote:I think the people I have to recommend are QT Mark/Vanille/Phage/What ever the hell he calls himself now

Is there a channel of this guy's I should pay attention to that's active? I listened to Oil in the Sky City, and that showed a lot of promise. It'd be nice to know what he's been up to lately.
Image
User avatar
ph00tbag
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 769
Joined: 06 May 2012 16:19
Location: Cary, NC
OS: Windows
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Fl Brony » 15 Jun 2014 03:38

ph00tbag wrote:
Fl Brony wrote:I think the people I have to recommend are QT Mark/Vanille/Phage/What ever the hell he calls himself now

Is there a channel of this guy's I should pay attention to that's active? I listened to Oil in the Sky City, and that showed a lot of promise. It'd be nice to know what he's been up to lately.


Not from what I can see, he kind of drops off of the face of the planet half of the time. Which really sucks since he's a great musician
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Skype: jerryl237
User avatar
Fl Brony
 
Posts: 412
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 00:27
Location: Lane, Kansas
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Re: Brony Music & Musicians (Discussion Thread)

Postby FritzyBeat » 15 Jun 2014 20:30

Might update this post in a bit, or make a double post later just as a heads up you guys, since I want to reply to a bunch of comments here but I don't have the time at the moment X3 So in the meantime.....

AgentsofDiscord wrote:ImTheMoon is one of the artists i was featured along side. The one i first encountered was "Tricks", which is about Trixie Lulamoon.

The song is so beautiful. I love it from beginning to end. Infact, the ending is one of the most beautiful sections i have ever heard in brony music. Full of Redemption, and Positivity.


Looks like today is your lucky day AoD~ http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/06/season-4-piano-suite.html#more

ImTheMoon just got their VERY OWN POST on EQD featuring every single one of the songs they did for S4... all in one post! =D

Now THAT is awesome X3
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
User avatar
FritzyBeat
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 13 Nov 2013 18:29
OS: Mac Desktop
Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby FritzyBeat » 29 Jun 2014 07:18

Fl Brony wrote:
ph00tbag wrote:
Fl Brony wrote:I think the people I have to recommend are QT Mark/Vanille/Phage/What ever the hell he calls himself now

Is there a channel of this guy's I should pay attention to that's active? I listened to Oil in the Sky City, and that showed a lot of promise. It'd be nice to know what he's been up to lately.


Not from what I can see, he kind of drops off of the face of the planet half of the time. Which really sucks since he's a great musician


I actually never knew InkPony/Phage/QT Mark was the same person XD And i didn't even know he ever went by the name "Vanille" XP Are there any other channels I should know about besides his InkPony and QT Mark ones? ;P

Fl Brony wrote:I always feel so weird when it comes to talking about other Musicians and recommending them, mostly because the majority of people I do listen to are already well known.

I joined the fandom in December 2011 and at that time the only artist I really knew about where Mic the Microphone, Glaze, The Living Tombstone, Lulz, and Alex S. And I only really discovered them by clicking on the recommend bar while watching Mic's dramatic readings before I even knew that there was music in the fandom. Hell for the longest time and ever now I couldn't really name you any SoGreatAndPowerful songs, which always seems to make me feel like the odd one out a lot of the time.

I think the people I have to recommend are QT Mark/Vanille/Phage/What ever the hell he calls himself now, Metalcore Pony, Little Philly, Madhouse for Equines/Madhouse Archives, PrinceWhateverer, Sam Synthis, Lava Lectrode, Nexgen, and Among the Herd.


A lot of good names in there =D And definitely don't feel bad about mostly listening to more well known musicians, because lets be honest for a second here, those more well known musicians? They are well known for a reason ;P *shot*

Definetly enjoy a lot of those names though ^_^ Sam Synthis is an amazing musician and a good friend of mine (we actually collabed together with another amazing artist and friend named 4EverfreeBrony recently, it was great fun). He's a totally cool dude with a ton of talent, so I'd definitely recommend him to everypony X3

Looking into Little Philly and Madhouse for Equines now, though I'm pretty sure I know the names from Everfree Radio ;)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
User avatar
FritzyBeat
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 13 Nov 2013 18:29
OS: Mac Desktop
Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Fl Brony » 29 Jun 2014 11:21

Fl Brony wrote:I always feel so weird when it comes to talking about other Musicians and recommending them, mostly because the majority of people I do listen to are already well known.

I joined the fandom in December 2011 and at that time the only artist I really knew about where Mic the Microphone, Glaze, The Living Tombstone, Lulz, and Alex S. And I only really discovered them by clicking on the recommend bar while watching Mic's dramatic readings before I even knew that there was music in the fandom. Hell for the longest time and ever now I couldn't really name you any SoGreatAndPowerful songs, which always seems to make me feel like the odd one out a lot of the time.

I think the people I have to recommend are QT Mark/Vanille/Phage/What ever the hell he calls himself now, Metalcore Pony, Little Philly, Madhouse for Equines/Madhouse Archives, PrinceWhateverer, Sam Synthis, Lava Lectrode, Nexgen, and Among the Herd.


A lot of good names in there =D And definitely don't feel bad about mostly listening to more well known musicians, because lets be honest for a second here, those more well known musicians? They are well known for a reason ;P *shot*

Definetly enjoy a lot of those names though ^_^ Sam Synthis is an amazing musician and a good friend of mine (we actually collabed together with another amazing artist and friend named 4EverfreeBrony recently, it was great fun). He's a totally cool dude with a ton of talent, so I'd definitely recommend him to everypony X3

Looking into Little Philly and Madhouse for Equines now, though I'm pretty sure I know the names from Everfree Radio ;)[/quote]

Yeah definitely recommend Little Philly, something that sucks about Madhouse is, they stopped doing pony music which is why they go as Madhouse Archives.

KushyKallos is extremely good as well, along with LavaLectrode, [email protected], Wootmaster, Aoshi (Is he a rapper?), Da Mane/D. Range/ S7ven, Versal, Nicis, TheGrassGoesMoo/Disjointed, Flutter Bully, and Automatic Jack.

......I'm starting to realize how much rap I listen to in the fandom
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Skype: jerryl237
User avatar
Fl Brony
 
Posts: 412
Joined: 27 Dec 2012 00:27
Location: Lane, Kansas
OS: Windows 7
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Toothpaste » 29 Jun 2014 11:41

Fl Brony wrote:......I'm starting to realize how much rap I listen to in the fandom

Then you should really go check out RhymeFlow and ClaviSound~ They are two of the best rappers in the fandom in my opinion :)

Also, does anyone have a clue where PegaSix went off to? It's been baffling me for quite some time now : /
Minty Fresh Productions!:
Toothpaste / PinkE_PartE / 18 Offence / Meyer / Thy60
PLEASE MESSAGE ME 4 DA COLLAB AND STUFFS owo
Check out my 'music' on YouTube and feel free to add me on Skype! --> thy.60
<insert wisdom>
User avatar
Toothpaste
 
Posts: 108
Joined: 27 Jun 2014 02:07
Location: Saskatchewan
OS: (The primitive) Gen 1 iPad
Primary: FL Studio Mobile
Cutie Mark: I'll figure it out someday.

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby FritzyBeat » 06 Jul 2014 00:13

I have recently been noticing a very large difference between those musicians who perform live, and those who merely make music online and are popular for it.

There are a lot of popular musicians that have a fair amount of trouble performing live, and likewise, I find there are a lot of less popular online musicians who have no trouble at all, and put on amazing shows.
Of course this also works in reverse as well, but for the most part it stays pretty consistent when it comes to the brony community X3

So I am wondering, ignoring the music you listen to all the time online, does anyone have any favourite live brony musicians?

I know I myself could name a few. DJ Garnika, Eurobeat Brony, Jeff Burgess, Tarby, and DJ Tetsuo all put on great live performances. denotive put on a wonderful show at MLP MSP this year, especially for a first time performing live. Though I think its AutomaticJack who takes the big cake when it comes to live performances. He's always energetic, entertaining, and just all round knows how to put on a good show.

So, you guys know of any notable live performers in the community you'd like to share?
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
User avatar
FritzyBeat
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 13 Nov 2013 18:29
OS: Mac Desktop
Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Pulse Wave » 07 Jul 2014 00:00

Well, I guess "live" means for most brony musicians a club/DJ-like performance, i.e. playing tracks and sequences on a laptop/tablet, just in front of an audience. It's quite rare to see brony musicians play "hardware instruments" only. The only ones I've ever seen were AcousticBrony at last year's GalaCon.

Have you guys ever heard of Przewalski's Ponies? They're a Russian brony rock band (albeit with a half-Polish name), and they don't have a problem with ponifying a 40+-year-old song by Rainbow (Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio's band back then). Look them up on YouTube and be amazed — if you can stand guitar music, that is, especially rock music that's so old that probably even your parents haven't listened to it anymore.
Old brony, older than old school.
Gear list, Jabber ID: see my profile.
No FL Studio, no VSTs. No Skype, no YouTube.

Sounds fly through the night, I follow Vın̈yl Scratch to Pony Wonderland.
User avatar
Pulse Wave
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 18 Jan 2014 14:26
Location: Home of wavetable synthesis and VST
OS: For music, you mean? Manjaro.
Primary: Hardware synths and samplers and sequencing and effects and mixing all the way
Cutie Mark: Green 33% width pulse wave

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby ph00tbag » 07 Jul 2014 08:53

Przewalski's Ponies gets its name from a subspecies of horse that is the only surviving wild Equus caballus subspecies.

The more you know.
Image
User avatar
ph00tbag
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 769
Joined: 06 May 2012 16:19
Location: Cary, NC
OS: Windows
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby FritzyBeat » 09 Jul 2014 00:10

Pulse Wave wrote:Well, I guess "live" means for most brony musicians a club/DJ-like performance, i.e. playing tracks and sequences on a laptop/tablet, just in front of an audience. It's quite rare to see brony musicians play "hardware instruments" only. The only ones I've ever seen were AcousticBrony at last year's GalaCon.

Have you guys ever heard of Przewalski's Ponies? They're a Russian brony rock band (albeit with a half-Polish name), and they don't have a problem with ponifying a 40+-year-old song by Rainbow (Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio's band back then). Look them up on YouTube and be amazed — if you can stand guitar music, that is, especially rock music that's so old that probably even your parents haven't listened to it anymore.


Yeah, I know of Przewalski's Ponies, and have been listening to them for a long while now =)

And when I say live, yes I am talking about people who actually PLAY music live and don't just press the play button, and actually, all the musicians I mentioned above did just that.
Sure a fair amount of them are electronic musicians, but that doesn't mean the music can't all be made live on the spot, DJ Garnika and DJ Tetsuo for example always make their live music right on the fly, and it really comes out amazing ^_^

Eurobeat Brony is a great singer live, and also plays around quite a bit with his tracks while performing. Jeff Burgess and Tarby being rock musicians, or course play all their music live, d.notive no only sings, but also plays all the music live as a sort of one man band X3 Even adding vocal filters to his voice live, seriously, check out his performance at MLP MSP, it was simply stunning~
AutomaticJack probably presses play more then any of the other musicians I mentioned earlier, but he gets points for how much energy he puts into his sets. Everything from his rapping, to the epic transitions between songs, and just how entertaining he can be to watch on stage. He really is a great performer~
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
User avatar
FritzyBeat
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 13 Nov 2013 18:29
OS: Mac Desktop
Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Freewave » 09 Jul 2014 07:43

FritzyBeat wrote:Sure a fair amount of them are electronic musicians, but that doesn't mean the music can't all be made live on the spot, DJ Garnika and DJ Tetsuo for example always make their live music right on the fly, and it really comes out amazing ^_^


Actually Tetsuo is just a dj, he's not a producer. He's a very solid dj and his live mixing is really good but yeah the guy doesn't MAKE tracks. Not sure if Garnika is the same.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Image
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
User avatar
Freewave
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: 29 Nov 2011 12:33
Location: Denver
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby 3ternal » 09 Jul 2014 14:47

Garnika just DJs (live) as far as I know.
My Youtube My Soundcloud
My name's Vivian, and I make music with no educational value whatsoever.
DAW: Ableton Live 9
VSTs: NI Massive, Kontakt,
Genres: Stuff your parents wouldn't like
Skype: viviantheweirdo96
eery wrote:fuck you and your big e.
User avatar
3ternal
 
Posts: 144
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 14:23
Location: The Hall of Justice
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Literally just Static

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby FritzyBeat » 09 Jul 2014 22:33

Well yeah, thats what I meant by making music on the fly :P Of course you can't build a song from the ground up while still playing live at the same time, that would be ridiculous for a DJ.

Rather, these guys still do ad their own beats, mash up their own songs, and create their own live DJ sets on the fly, so there is still a ton of skill and practice that goes into it.
Also, yeah DJ Tetsuo is not a producer, but DJ Garnika on the other hand is, and a very good producer at that. I'd suggest checking out some of his remixes on his Youtube channel =)
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
User avatar
FritzyBeat
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 13 Nov 2013 18:29
OS: Mac Desktop
Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby ExoBassTix » 11 Jul 2014 04:45

FritzyBeat wrote:Of course you can't build a song from the ground up while still playing live at the same time, that would be ridiculous for a DJ.

Not for those who do Turntablism ლ(`ー´ლ)

Okay I'll go now.
Image
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
User avatar
ExoBassTix
 
Posts: 3575
Joined: 28 Mar 2013 13:01
Location: The Dutch white waters
OS: Windows 7 x64 / iPhone 6S iOS9.3.1
Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby FritzyBeat » 11 Jul 2014 06:01

ExoBassTix wrote:
FritzyBeat wrote:Of course you can't build a song from the ground up while still playing live at the same time, that would be ridiculous for a DJ.

Not for those who do Turntablism ლ(`ー´ლ)

Okay I'll go now.


lol

IN OTHER NEWS~
Haymaker, you probably know of the guy! Well, he's back again, and not only making new music, but new music that he is FINALLY uploading to his own channel XD *shot*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmqsfjtTc8Q

Until now he's always shared a channel with Zahqo, which is cool, but its nice he's decided to put stuff up on his own channel now ^_^
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
User avatar
FritzyBeat
 
Posts: 94
Joined: 13 Nov 2013 18:29
OS: Mac Desktop
Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby ganondox » 30 Jul 2014 09:04

FritzyBeat wrote:I have recently been noticing a very large difference between those musicians who perform live, and those who merely make music online and are popular for it.

There are a lot of popular musicians that have a fair amount of trouble performing live, and likewise, I find there are a lot of less popular online musicians who have no trouble at all, and put on amazing shows.
Of course this also works in reverse as well, but for the most part it stays pretty consistent when it comes to the brony community X3

So I am wondering, ignoring the music you listen to all the time online, does anyone have any favourite live brony musicians?

I know I myself could name a few. DJ Garnika, Eurobeat Brony, Jeff Burgess, Tarby, and DJ Tetsuo all put on great live performances. denotive put on a wonderful show at MLP MSP this year, especially for a first time performing live. Though I think its AutomaticJack who takes the big cake when it comes to live performances. He's always energetic, entertaining, and just all round knows how to put on a good show.

So, you guys know of any notable live performers in the community you'd like to share?


I don't know either of the Dj's very well, but the other three aren't only good live performers, but some of the best musicians in the fandom, period, their studio work is even better than their live work. I think a big part of why Jeff Burgess and Tarby are more popular live is because even though they are top notch musicians and can make a rocking pop song, most their music isn't the most accessible around, with heavy prog and other experimental elements.

Pulse Wave wrote:Well, I guess "live" means for most brony musicians a club/DJ-like performance, i.e. playing tracks and sequences on a laptop/tablet, just in front of an audience. It's quite rare to see brony musicians play "hardware instruments" only. The only ones I've ever seen were AcousticBrony at last year's GalaCon.

Have you guys ever heard of Przewalski's Ponies? They're a Russian brony rock band (albeit with a half-Polish name), and they don't have a problem with ponifying a 40+-year-old song by Rainbow (Ritchie Blackmore and Ronnie James Dio's band back then). Look them up on YouTube and be amazed — if you can stand guitar music, that is, especially rock music that's so old that probably even your parents haven't listened to it anymore.


I actually know about Przewalski's Ponies as well, heard them on the Winter Nights russian compilation album, checked out their channel, and instantly got hooked. I think this is their best song:

It's symphonic metal. Hive is also really good, though it's another female fronted hard rocker. And this life performance by them is pretty entertaining:

Not exactly sure what the genre is, sorta mellow showtunes-ish with sax and a ballroom dance feel.

Oh, and don't talk shit about Rainbow, Rainbow is the bomb. I didn't realize Mare on the Moon was a Rainbow parody, but still.

FritzyBeat wrote:Eurobeat Brony is a great singer live, and also plays around quite a bit with his tracks while performing. Jeff Burgess and Tarby being rock musicians, or course play all their music live, d.notive no only sings, but also plays all the music live as a sort of one man band X3 Even adding vocal filters to his voice live, seriously, check out his performance at MLP MSP, it was simply stunning~
AutomaticJack probably presses play more then any of the other musicians I mentioned earlier, but he gets points for how much energy he puts into his sets. Everything from his rapping, to the epic transitions between songs, and just how entertaining he can be to watch on stage. He really is a great performer~


Don't forget that Tarby also usually plays guitar for other people's sets, and AutomaticJack does the same with drums.
User avatar
ganondox
 
Posts: 441
Joined: 17 Apr 2013 09:13
OS: Horse OS
Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby multi » 10 Jan 2015 14:32

I am completely in love with everything Not A Clever Pony made, to the point where I haven't listened to /anything/ else besides those sweet 13 songs in about a week (Favorites being All Powerful Trixie and This). What gets me the most about this artist (And a few others from the time period) is not only do their tunes envoke a serious desire to travel back in time to see them releasing stuff as it came out, but the sense of dread knowing that they left te fandom when they had so much to offer, not just with ponies, but with producing in general. In the case of NaCP, health issues were to blame, however one day I still hold out for her magnificent return to pony music.

And what a day that will be.
multi
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Jan 2015 14:12
OS: Windows
Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby FLAOFEI » 10 Jan 2015 17:44

So annyone have opinions about comedy music? Cause here's the best recomendation I've heard in a while.

Found this jem. A very 'well written' (funny, punny, rythm, rhymes, and good audio quality) 'interpretation' of Raise this barn, 'celebrating' the anons of /mlp/. It's a great laugh... If you're ok with the spaghetti...
It's pretty NSFW tho... It's /mlp/ were talking here...
Spoiler Not Safe For Woona:


Aaaaaaaaaaand while we're on the topic of drinking!
Have you ever tried to find pony themed, drinking songs? I have, with little to no success. I found only 3 original-ish songs... 2 are parodies, and the third one is crazy bad quality :I Then there are 2 good PMVs I found, but I wasn't really loking for those...

Annyway. Isn't that a bit wierd? And am I the only one who wants to change this?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
User avatar
FLAOFEI
 
Posts: 2534
Joined: 15 Aug 2012 14:46
Location: Behind yah (nah, Sweden)
OS: Windows Licker 7
Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Freewave » 12 Jan 2015 09:28

Hopefully you're already a fan of Jeff Burgess. He's one of the few brony musicians with a fair amount of humor and sexual nudges and winks in there.




And our duet. :grin: Nothing wrong with 2 guys singing a dirty song as 2 mares, right? :lol:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Image
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
User avatar
Freewave
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: 29 Nov 2011 12:33
Location: Denver
OS: Windows 7
Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Winter Rose » 18 Oct 2015 18:19

Recently after listening to Everfree Radio alot I heard some of Dethonator's tracks and started looking for them on the internet. I pretty much found alot of his old pony music and listened to them all. Then some time later I found myself listening to his music more and fell in love with it. Pinkie Guy came next then I started searching for more pony metal everywhere. Dethonator got me into the metal genre in the first place so if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have a pony metal/rock library of over 1000+ songs.

If anyone can recommend any obscure pony metal or rock I'll be glad to give it a listen. I made a mix playlist on 8tracks consisting of pony metal/rock and I put them in an order that tells multiple stories that pony fans should be familiar with. I sure had fun with that.

Is there any shoegaze or black metal in the fandom? I know Glacier Frost made some black metal and there's a few others that made shoegaze but I couldn't find much out there.

On a side note this musician isn't getting much attention I think - https://segments-of-life.bandcamp.com/a ... cloudsdale
Last edited by Winter Rose on 19 Nov 2015 05:00, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Winter Rose
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Oct 2015 01:35
OS: Windows
Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Jason Martin » 09 Nov 2015 11:22

Alright, well...I'm a just-barely-starting-out singer/songwriter. I joined the fandom in about late 2013, and from there is when I discovered Aviators, and have idolized him ever since.

A little while ago during that time, I got the idea to start doing pony parodies, and that's what I'm attempting to do right now. But I've written a LOT of original songs, and am hoping to one day move on to actually making original music just like Aviators, and to one day make it a permanent career for me.

Aside from Aviators, I do like a select few other artists, but the collection is growing. Any other questions towards me I can't think of right now, but are quite appreciated.
User avatar
Jason Martin
 
Posts: 31
Joined: 13 Oct 2014 18:23
Location: Roy, UT
OS: Windows, iMac
Primary: FL Studio 12

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Mordecai Mapper » 17 Jun 2016 10:43

My favorite brony musician of all time is Aviators
But I would recommend other artists that are very good also:

If you like mainstream electronic, you should listening to Enermatrix, this guy is very focused in remixes than other thing, you should check him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hz7dMk86Hc

If you like ambient, downtempo and trip-hop I suggest Ponycide/A Symphony of Two! He is also a talented musician that also does orchestral songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58dj2YNgF8M

If you like more energetic stuff, like gabber and speedcore, you should check Feral FurE! Awesome kickass tracks that are very energetic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SylDU4acJdY

Also, if you like Heavy Metal/Punk Rock and Rock, I suggest DivinumX, Among The Herd, Reverb Brony, Francis Vace/Vacelasv, Jeff Burgess and The L-Train!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozH2bvH7c2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7s_vb_I2W0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZdmlUlhic8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK_Dga4ltEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVZyaqjcyZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBvl-AdnHGY

And now the part I know better, if you love experimental music, tape music, field recordings, drone, harsh noise, minimalism, stuff that many people says that isn't music, you should check this stuff

https://soundcloud.com/wwbs/precursor-to-the-climb

https://exdim.bandcamp.com/album/noize-pervertz-x-warmonger-o-the-harmony-of-disorder

https://soundcloud.com/dumb-fabric/oh-you-know-may-thats-a-good-time-for-a-christmas-special

http://mumbleetc.com/album/agneta

http://mumbleetc.com/album/septic-planet

http://mumbleetc.com/album/david-cameron

http://mumbleetc.com/album/--6
Mordecai/Mapper

Also know as MO)))RD
User avatar
Mordecai Mapper
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 29 Aug 2015 13:04
Location: Portugal
OS: Windows 10
Primary: FL Studio 12
Cutie Mark: Heavy Metal Hand

Re: Brony Music & Musicians

Postby Ponycide » 01 Sep 2016 20:06

Mordecai Mapper wrote:If you like ambient, downtempo and trip-hop I suggest Ponycide/A Symphony of Two! He is also a talented musician that also does orchestral songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58dj2YNgF8M

Came here in search for new cool songs and found your message,
Thanks for the highlight my friend ! :)

Ps : Like our name say, I'm not working alone ;P
User avatar
Ponycide
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Dec 2015 09:04
Location: Marseille
OS: Google chrome
Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: A knob

Previous

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron