Anyone made any fan music based on the Conversion Bureau?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Anyone made any fan music based on the Conversion Bureau?

Postby Freewave » 22 Mar 2014 11:36

Hey there is a large microverse of fimfiction dealing with the plot of the Conversion Bureau. It's a large series of stories (350+ so far) dealing with overall plot of the dimensions of Equestria and Earth coming into contact with each other, the Earth's survival being threatened by this other world, and the radical choice for humanity's survival. I'm reading The First Year which seems to be one of the best places to start in reading about it (pretty good read too even if a bit awkward and dry at times) and its got me thinking of musical reactions to this fimfiction universe.

Wanted to know if someone has already tried a song or two on this topic yet as it seems like the perfect opportunity to do some epic prog rock /metal song or concept album about it.....much like Tarby's Cupcakes / Something Broke did (pony) or similar to non-pony concept albums (Queensryche's - Operation Mindcrime or The Who's Tommy),. If not an album then maybe a 10 min song. But thought it would be better to ask if this has been done before (maybe just a lesser known instrumental likely)? Didn't see anything on youtube.... Sounds like something i MAY want to start the ball rolling if other musicians have missed the opportunity.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: Anyone made any fan music based on the Conversion Bureau

Postby Jokeblue » 22 Mar 2014 17:47

Can't say I've read it or heard of any related music, but I like the sound of it. It reminds me of Coheed and Cambrias Concept album series - I'll have a look into the story and see what it's all about or if I can get any ideas from it. Thanks for pointing this out. :3
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby Freewave » 22 Mar 2014 18:20

Yeah I have a feeling there isn't yet so it would be cool if i was to start something to try to make this a BIG collab with quite a few people and go for at least an epic 10-15 min song length with lots of different parts / elements. If more people are interested maybe a few additional songs. Just putting some feelers out there and making sure I'm not one step behind someone else's already achieved efforts.

I'll move this to events if it becomes a thing.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby ph00tbag » 24 Mar 2014 23:22

Oof, I remember when Conversion Bureau was just one story.

I've never seen anything explicitly based on TCB. It's possible there's something out there based on it, though. Apparently it's big enough.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic