What Happened to the Balloon Party Bandcamp?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

What Happened to the Balloon Party Bandcamp?

Postby Matau99 » 28 Jan 2014 11:17

I noticed it doesn't have any more tracks anymore, and there's no free download that I know about of One Last Shot. Does anyone know whether there is a torrent or direct download for it? I know there is for the other tracks...
And perhaps more importantly, does anyone know why it's not there? Was it some glitch? Was it intentionally removed? Please answer!
Matau99

Primary: None
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: What Happened to the Balloon Party Bandcamp?

Postby itroitnyah » 28 Jan 2014 12:25

You must have missed the whole thing about it on this site, then. Here's a quick overview:

Circuitfry comes on here and there's this thread about down with molestia and one of the admins, freewave was doing this tongue-in-cheek humor stuff about it and circuit gets angry, demotes him, freewave is continuing regardless and so circuit ban hammers freewave. Another admin, Makkon jumps onto the boat, demotes Circuit from admin to regular and unbans freewave giving him back his admin privileges. Circuitfry gets mad and deletes the balloon party bandcamp. Or, that's what I've been told and currently understand as what happened. You can read a bit more about it in this thread.

Here is a link to a Balloon Party torrent: Link

I can't really find a download link for After Party, R&R or the one equivalent version of after party for R&R though. I have R&R though, so if you really want R&R I guess I can upload to dropbox or mediafire. Unless somebody can find a download link.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Matau99 » 28 Jan 2014 14:17

Actually, I just joined today. Sorry about that.
I have it on a backup hard drive, which is weirdly glitching, so I doubt I'll need a new download, but I wanted to find out more.
Thanks!
Matau99

Postby Freewave » 29 Jan 2014 22:29

itroitnyah wrote:You must have missed the whole thing about it on this site, then. Here's a quick overview:

Circuitfry comes on here and there's this thread about down with molestia and one of the admins, freewave was doing this tongue-in-cheek humor stuff about it and circuit gets angry, demotes him, freewave is continuing regardless and so circuit ban hammers freewave. Another admin, Makkon jumps onto the boat, demotes Circuit from admin to regular and unbans freewave giving him back his admin privileges. Circuitfry gets mad and deletes the balloon party bandcamp. Or, that's what I've been told and currently understand as what happened. You can read a bit more about it in this thread.

Here is a link to a Balloon Party torrent: Link

I can't really find a download link for After Party, R&R or the one equivalent version of after party for R&R though. I have R&R though, so if you really want R&R I guess I can upload to dropbox or mediafire. Unless somebody can find a download link.

Wow that's really close but still quite off from what happened.

See this thread for details viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3&start=175

Circuitfry then decided to also take down Balloon Party and Rainbow & Rooted after he left MLR until other hosting could be be made.

http://circuitfry.tumblr.com/post/74007 ... u-im-going
http://circuitfry.tumblr.com/post/74081 ... e-bandcamp

I don't know if there's been any talks or efforts to get those rehosted yet...

Again no hard feelings to circuitfry (we've talked to each other since) but he's stepped away from an active community role and with mlr.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby ExoBassTix » 31 Jan 2014 01:52

Well at least someone should rehost them.

He did say that people who wanted to redistribute the albums could PM him, so I did.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Freewave » 31 Jan 2014 08:02

ExoBassTix wrote:Well at least someone should rehost them.

He did say that people who wanted to redistribute the albums could PM him, so I did.

Good deal. I've been too busy to and I'M certainly NOT the one to reach out to HIM on this but it should be rehosted. Keep us posted on how you go about doign this. Likely just a few zips for each cd's worth. You could build a site on blogspot and host via mediaifire if you wanna do it the easy way.
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 05 Feb 2014 17:07

Freewave wrote:

Good deal. I've been too busy to and I'M certainly NOT the one to reach out to HIM on this but it should be rehosted. Keep us posted on how you go about doign this. Likely just a few zips for each cd's worth. You could build a site on blogspot and host via mediaifire if you wanna do it the easy way.

Gonna find another way to reach him; I haven't gotten a reply on Tumblr yet (not that I have ANY idea how Tumblr works, I just found that you can use the ask function for PM'ing).
Hopefully he'll be online on Skype... Not that he is a lot.

Anyways, I'm still gonna try to make this happen (even with my shit internet connection that will make this take ages to upload). Just hope that Circuit is actually gonna give me the flac.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 05 Feb 2014 18:01

ExoBassTix wrote:
Freewave wrote:

Gonna find another way to reach him; I haven't gotten a reply on Tumblr yet (not that I have ANY idea how Tumblr works, I just found that you can use the ask function for PM'ing).
Hopefully he'll be online on Skype... Not that he is a lot.

Anyways, I'm still gonna try to make this happen (even with my shit internet connection that will make this take ages to upload). Just hope that Circuit is actually gonna give me the flac.

He did make the offer on tumblr so he should fufill that as part of the handover. That is the best way to reach him is via ask on his tumblr. He's never publically online on skype from what i've seen in the past (you can try if you've already got him added and he may respond). It shouldn't take 3 months to track him down a second time.

I'm not sure if he's looking to handover the bandcamp account (its not in his name i dont think) or the raw flacs as i think he just made them private (but i could be wrong). The former would be preferrable then starting a brand new account (and he could detatch the paypal account from that). Let us know if you can't reach him or if wants moderator involvement or someone he knows. I have asked Makkon to get involved in talking to him as he's the one person from the moderator team who knows him best and can hopefully work this out.

Thanks.
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 06 Feb 2014 09:53

You're welcome. I really want to get the albums back on, so yeah I'm gonna put effort into this.

Also, why is getting the bandcamp back preferred over getting raw flacs?
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 06 Feb 2014 15:41

ExoBassTix wrote:You're welcome. I really want to get the albums back on, so yeah I'm gonna put effort into this.

Also, why is getting the bandcamp back preferred over getting raw flacs?

Then the site can stay the same, the files are already there, and the only thing that needs to be further setup is the password, make them public again, and then add a paypal account for any funding. Loading up files to bandcamp is a single track upload at a time and editing each artist / song. It would be incredibly more time consuming to start from scratch if we don't have to.
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 06 Feb 2014 16:12

The time-consuming bit is not much of a concern for me; if that's what it takes, I'd easily take a full day off for it (uploading it will be pain, but with purpose). Only the layout is something that would indeed be great to be kept. So yeah. Alright.

I didn't even know that the bandcamp still existed.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 06 Feb 2014 16:26

It might be deleted but i though he said he just made them private. Not really sure.

Good luck on getting ahold of him. If he doesn't respond let one of us or Makkon know plz.
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 09 Feb 2014 12:11

Judging from what Circuitfry said, he did delete the Bandcamp.
He gave me his thanks, and is getting me the .flac files at this very moment.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Matau99 » 11 Feb 2014 18:36

Okay guys, I've got a link to all the .flacs if anyone cares.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/2spmwgjday3t8/Balloon_Party_Albums
Matau99

Postby ExoBassTix » 12 Feb 2014 07:00

I'm already putting everything on the new MyLittleRemix Bandcamp page.
It's only gonna take some time. I got ~60kb/s max upload speed.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Coloriot » 12 Feb 2014 21:26

Link it when it's up? I'd love to see it.
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby Freewave » 13 Feb 2014 08:40

Coloriot wrote:Link it when it's up? I'd love to see it.

Yup will tumblr post it on FIMM when ur done because im sure people would love to see it back up.
Freewave

Postby ExoBassTix » 13 Feb 2014 09:15

I think so too. At the moment I haven't uploaded a lot, caused by my lack of energy, willpower and mental health of the last two days.
I've uploaded 16 tracks of 100% No Feeble Cheering so far. I'll try to get more done since I just found out that I can clean some space on my planning for today because I seem to have forgotten to take my turntables home with me from the CCL. Actually a good thing I guess.

Uploading these albums has an air of relaxation, of peaceful therapeutic work around it. Nothing to worry about, especially not about having to do something.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Sunmist2 » 25 Feb 2014 19:28

I have a FLAC copy of 100% No Feeble Cheering and After Party I can send, if anyone needs it for reuploading. Good thing I held onto the FLACs, otherwise I'd be stuck with the 320kbps Google Music copies.
Sunmist2

Postby ExoBassTix » 26 Feb 2014 16:33

No worries, I'm already busy uploading all albums in flac. I'm past half with all five albums!
Though, there is one track that I do need a flac version of, which is BMDoubbleBass - Big Apple (Live Mix) (Apple 2012).
If you got a .flac of it, send me a PM or an email with a link please. Your effort would be very much appreciated :)
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Freewave » 05 Mar 2014 09:05

Just to be clear to anyone reading we're keeping any future Balloon Party event and Remix Wars an MLR thing. That's why its being rehosted on an MLR bandcamp account. While I agree that previous editions did cause a lot of community commotion i still think the overall intent of these albums was beneficial, it was designed to help musicians to get to bronycon. I do think R&R fell short AS a fundraiser because we spent way too much time handing out free downloads and not stating it was a fund raiser. I think its important to strive that we can continue this without CF as this community needs to show that it can continue to thrive with all the changes over the course of the year. There's new people in charge of it, there will be new people entering it, but the community carries on. I think its more important then ever to create new bonds and friendships through this event and see the future of our scene. If we're going to make it 5+ years down the line with the show (as Hasbro said they may have plans for 10 years) we need to think ahead and rebuild. Moderators will keep you posted on any announcements with this event (we don't need others volunteering to run with this). :wink:
Freewave

Postby Keen Blade » 06 Mar 2014 20:46

You're planning that far ahead? Frankly, that's awesome to hear. I've been introduced to so many great artists and genres through the brony music community, so I hope you continue to thrive!

And someone gave me a link a while back to those two albums: http://datsmore.com/tripdiam/ Only mp3s, but maybe it will be useful to someone.
Keen Blade

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby Freewave » 07 Mar 2014 11:23

We probably need to give the community at least 3 months to work on their tracks, have the release far enough in advance so people who are assisted can get plane fare, convention passes (if it doesnt sell out), and hotels for the Aug 1-4 convention. Planning is one of the things we seriously have to do or the logisitics won't work. I also need to make sure that we'll get a turnout worth doing this. If the remaining people in the community don't want this to go on then we may have a problem as this is a very elaborate and time consuming process and it needs to represent the best of the current community.
Freewave

Postby Injustrial » 07 Mar 2014 20:38

Is there going to be an attempt at another Balloon Party? I'd love to be able to make something for a project of that size and caliber
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby ExoBassTix » 08 Mar 2014 13:14

Kyoga said he was starting one, but just today Circuitfry told me he's busy with thinking out a new album too. He said he'd talk with Kyoga about possible co-operation.

He also said that the reuploading of the older albums to bandcamp wasn't what he thought I was doing, seeing as they shouldn't generate any more money (and free downloads on Bandcamp are very limited). I'll still continue reuploading them, if only to have them there. Anyways, he said he'd get in touch with EQBeats and would have me give them the FLACs then when he's made arrangements. Not sure why EQBeats though.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Next

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic