My Little Pony: Generation 5

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

My Little Pony: Generation 5

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 29 Nov 2013 02:37

Alright. I've had this idea. One day when I'm rich, I'll buy the rights to my little pony. And, by the time I am rich, g4 will be over. So basically, with my rights and ownership, I would want to continue the show. I'd make the 5th generation with the same art, same characters, same world, same everything. Except, the show will be in the more future so it would probably be more about new characters. (The voice actors would be older once I have the rights, so they won't sound the same. It's gonna be too difficult to find someone who sounds exactly like the original voices, so make the show about a new generation of ponies.)

I would make the show about the grand children of the cutie mark crusaders. This way, people watching the show would have an idea of how these new ponies relate to the old ones. There would be some returning characters so the show will still have some old feels. I would also make the show be child appropriate still because I like the innocence if the show, but I wouldn't make it have obvious little kid jokes like little lines saying,"oh poo" or something. I'd make it have the same feel to it mostly, but not be afraid to have a little bit of a fan Influence on the show. I'd also make the show in the 5th generation make reference to the 4th generation so if people decided to start watching the show during the 5th generation, they would have interest watching the 4th generation. Also, because I would have the rights, I could also make real life OCs into actual characters, like including Lauren Faust's OC and stuff.

What do you think the 5th gen should be like?

(Also, I'll probably write a fanfic about this idea eventually.)
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Re: My Little Pony: Generation 5

Postby JSynth » 30 Nov 2013 15:07

Well, I always figured that by the time a G5 comes around I would either have my own kids or would not have much interest in following it. I like the idea of having a new generation of characters, but it might not hurt to have a new world and everything.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 30 Nov 2013 21:26

I don't know. I'd like to create a new world, but feel as if we'd lose plenty of the bronies thy currently exist. They were not too happy about twilight having wings, I don't think they would be happy if suddenly there was a new world. This is the business side of me speaking.

The creative side of me is all for having a new world. I mean, who is to say that this new world can't coexist with the current one? If the human world exists but in a different dimension, then a new world could exist but in a different dimension for the 5th generation. I actually really like this idea.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby itroitnyah » 30 Nov 2013 23:58

You know what, create a new funny world anyways. Trudge on with the new content, as long as there's a story behind why it's that way. And you know what? People are going to funny complain about that sugar no matter what the funny you do.

Cause you know what. I'm playing WoW on a private vanilla server (just like the game before any changes were made, back when it was pretty much first released) and people bite all the time about Blizzard doing this and that to the retail game, and you know what. Funny them. Funny them, funny you, funny me, funny e'rybody. If you want to make one of the characters a magical pink snowman that sneezes mustard, you go and do that sugar. People will bite all day at you, but you go ahead and let those sugar heads bite and moan all the funny they want. Cuz it ain't their show and if you want to make that pink magical snowman become a prostitute, what the funny ever man, do that sugar.

Ok, I'm done venting. But seriously. Introduce new content otherwise it's just called a new season. No, not just new characters, because they do that all the time in episodes and seasons. I mean, like, change shit up. The new main characters are a start, change the zone so that it's still equestria, but not the exact same as old equestria. The equestria in g3.5 and g4 are two different places, but the same place. Introduce new content and styles and shit so it ain't just a continuation of g4, because like I said, that'd be just called a new season.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Navron » 02 Dec 2013 14:46

I'd make a darker show that fully showcases the terrifying world these poor equines live in, yet still remain true to the educational nature of the show by teaching kids more important life messages, such as taking care of a friend with a drug problem, sacrificing one's happiness for the happiness of others, coping with death, etc.

I don't think I've seen anything that caters to kids, features anthropomorphic characters, and is dark as hell since The Secret of Nimh.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 02 Dec 2013 18:31

I don't think I would change the direction of the show after it had already been established. I think that if I were to make it deal with a drug issue, it would have to be subtle and displayed in a child appropriate way. In the show, the character may have an addiction to cider because we already know that that basically makes them drunk. Also, I realize that that doesn't really cover a drug issue but I can't currently think of a good alternative.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby JSynth » 04 Dec 2013 07:44

Bronies Are Cool wrote:I don't know. I'd like to create a new world, but feel as if we'd lose plenty of the bronies thy currently exist. They were not too happy about twilight having wings, I don't think they would be happy if suddenly there was a new world. This is the business side of me speaking.

The creative side of me is all for having a new world. I mean, who is to say that this new world can't coexist with the current one? If the human world exists but in a different dimension, then a new world could exist but in a different dimension for the 5th generation. I actually really like this idea.

I doubt there would be much left of the fandom to worry about by the time G5 would come out. I mean, G4 would have to end before they start a new gen. People would move on. And it would be several years before they even started discussing a new gen of MLP. So, I doubt there would be much of the fandom left.
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

JSynth

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 04 Dec 2013 18:02

So my thing here is theoretical completely. :) and so when I'm rich, I'll buy the rights to the show so the "they" part of "when they discuss g5" is actually me. Hahahahahahahahahabahahaha so basically I get to call the shots.
So my intended audience will be bronies and new people who can be bronies. And at the same time, I'll be so rich that I wouldn't care that it would cost more to produce it and air it than the profit if make, so I'd make a bunch of g5 merchandise too.

But anyway, g5 is totally something that I'd wanna make towards bronies of now so they can enjoy something of their adult lives that would remind them of their past.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby JSynth » 07 Dec 2013 22:06

Well, I don't know if my future son Zacchaeus would enjoy it. But I will be sure to have my future daughter watch it. (Still deciding on her name.)

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

JSynth

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 07 Dec 2013 22:15

Ha. Thanks you for your support of my hypothetical show with your actual children.
Bronies Are Cool

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic