Equestrian Reverb, the new music promotion/hosting site!

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Re: Equestrian Reverb, the new music promotion/hosting site!

Postby caprixsnare » 13 Jul 2013 13:50

ooh and nice idea with the music player :)
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby Symphon » 14 Jul 2013 06:33

Alright, I'm gonna be honest, most of the time, I would join you guys and say this won't work out. But, I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with the site. Hell, this will probably be one of the best sites for this to come up. Why do I say that?

First of all, the team, and for some reason, Austin here forgot the team. You may not know any of them, but some of these people aren't just ideal for this project, but perfect for it. An example is ZeVanillaBear/Audio Spike. Previously, he was on a project with a single other person to create an entire site based around all types of brony art, ranging from visuals to music to fanfiction. He was dead set on this goal until a hack purposely destroyed all their work. He has had a few years of internet radio experience, to my knowledge, and is on of the podcasters on the team.

Not to mention the pre-listeners are qualified. http://eqreverb.tumblr.com/post/5526489 ... -listeners As you can see here. Jem is certified by the Royal Music Association (that's no easy feat,) and Mbulsht and Skippy both are nearly graduated with degrees relating to audio in music. Those are just the members I know, and to me, that's a pretty damn good set up just right there.

Also, the features. As said before, it will have the news feed, forum, and personal profiles. The news feed is a constant stream of newly featured artists, albums, and projects. The forum will definitely cause the site to grow due to user interaction (and I know you say they "stole" the forum thing from MLR, but how can you really steal that? It's just a general idea. Hell, me and a guy named "Habanc" had a forum similar before I even knew about MLR.) Something that I don't think I've seen in other sites similar to this one is the Twitter and Bandcamp integration which will surely help.

Not to mention the player is awesome. Not only can you constantly listen to music as you stream the site, but you can construct playlists to listen to any song you'd like. Hell, you can even download the songs from their site on the songs available.

And they've got a bit of support. Partnerships with SonicRadioBoom and various artists will definitely get their name out, one way or the other. In fact, I feel like their ONLY problem is support right now. Of course, why do you think they came here?

Out of all the projects like this that I think we should partner with, I think it should be this one.
DAW: FL Studio 10, Ableton Live 8
Main VSTs: Harmor, Toxic Biohazard, FM8, Sylenth1, Nexus, Sytrus.
Main genres: Trance, Electro
https://soundcloud.com/choonsofficial/the-prodigy-voodoo-people
Symphon

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Trance

Postby Nine Volt » 14 Jul 2013 08:41

The main reason (well, one of them) that I don't think this will work is because I don't see any possible benefit of choosing these guys over any of the hundreds of promotion networks already in existence. I'm not even talking about the big ones; there are already dozens of smaller promotion networks. I don't see a point to having (another) one specially made for bronies; if e-fame is what someone is looking for, they're probably not going to find it in the brony fandom, and if someone is looking for mere recognition, I don't see why they couldn't just send it to EQD. EQD even gives them a goal to shoot for (ie if they don't make it as the featured song (or however EQD does shit, I don't go on their site), then their goal is to make it on).

I don't quite see how having 3-4 'qualified' pre-listeners matters if the rest don't have much of a clue of what they're doing. Forgive me if I'm wrong though; I can't remember if this is the one where they have like 40 pre-listeners or if that was Brony Media (I'm not going to check b/c on phone).

Point is, this doesn't really have any kind of niche to fill; there's simply no reason (that I can see) to choose this over EQD or any of the other 'brony' promotion networks. More broadly, I can't see a reason to choose a 'brony' promotion network in the first place.
Nine Volt

Postby ganondox » 14 Jul 2013 10:12

Nine Volt wrote:The main reason (well, one of them) that I don't think this will work is because I don't see any possible benefit of choosing these guys over any of the hundreds of promotion networks already in existence. I'm not even talking about the big ones; there are already dozens of smaller promotion networks. I don't see a point to having (another) one specially made for bronies; if e-fame is what someone is looking for, they're probably not going to find it in the brony fandom, and if someone is looking for mere recognition, I don't see why they couldn't just send it to EQD. EQD even gives them a goal to shoot for (ie if they don't make it as the featured song (or however EQD does shit, I don't go on their site), then their goal is to make it on).

I don't quite see how having 3-4 'qualified' pre-listeners matters if the rest don't have much of a clue of what they're doing. Forgive me if I'm wrong though; I can't remember if this is the one where they have like 40 pre-listeners or if that was Brony Media (I'm not going to check b/c on phone).

Point is, this doesn't really have any kind of niche to fill; there's simply no reason (that I can see) to choose this over EQD or any of the other 'brony' promotion networks. More broadly, I can't see a reason to choose a 'brony' promotion network in the first place.

There is always a billion different of everythings competing, and somehow new ones always emerge and become successful. Only time can tell.
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby HMage » 14 Jul 2013 11:15

You're either part of music distribution system, or not.

What I don't see here are connections. I doubt it's only EQR's problem, but let's take a look at (somewhat) unpopular trance genre — it has tons of labels, but the way I can find them is easy — beatport or audiojelly or any other music purchase site. I just go to http://www.beatport.com/genre/trance/7 and I'm literally swamped with music by one-day labels — they don't have a problem of the visibility as soon as they're on beatport.

No matter how many "labels" are in brony fandom, the only place that 90% of bronies go is eqd, and if eqd doesn't link you, you don't exist. Work on that.
HMage

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Magnitude Zero » 14 Jul 2013 13:05

HMage wrote:No matter how many "labels" are in brony fandom, the only place that 90% of bronies go is eqd, and if eqd doesn't link you, you don't exist. Work on that.

Thing is, EQD probably won't even bother unless the label is already reasonably popular and has some decent/well-known artists on it. Otherwise, what's there to report?
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby Freewave » 16 Jul 2013 12:01

Here's an idea. Every time your tracks ends any of your musicians have a little 5 sec blurb and logo that you're on an Equestrian Reverb video (i do the same with my videos that you're watching a freewave track). If you get seen by enough people (when your tracks make EQD hopefully) then it sells itself. You'll need tracks that are good enough to get on EQD of course but EQD is the engine to getting seen, not the label itself. If you get seen regularly enough musicians and "fans" will seek you out outside of that and draw the conclusion that people on your label make good music.

EQD will not give any site or label its own spotlight so forget that idea. It doesn't happen. Focus on little victories and slow growth through the advice i've already given you.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby S.P.P » 16 Jul 2013 12:08

Freewave wrote:Here's an idea. Every time your tracks ends any of your musicians have a little 5 sec blurb and logo that you're on an Equestrian Reverb video (i do the same with my videos that you're watching a freewave track). If you get seen by enough people (when your tracks make EQD hopefully) then it sells itself. You'll need tracks that are good enough to get on EQD of course but EQD is the engine to getting seen, not the label itself. If you get seen regularly enough musicians and "fans" will seek you out outside of that and draw the conclusion that people on your label make good music.

EQD will not give any site or label its own spotlight so forget that idea. It doesn't happen. Focus on little victories and slow growth through the advice i've already given you.

Standard UKF tactic, and look how popular they are (like them or not). I think this idea would work pretty well.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby MonsterBronyMedia » 14 Aug 2013 17:19

Viricide Filly wrote:FILLY JUMPS IN AND MAKES AN APPEARANCE

I think I can take a gander as to what we'll be seeing from this channel/group.
Ahem.
Blaze, Blaze, Blaze, Blaze, Assertive Fluttershy, Blaze, Blaze, Blaze, Blaze and Blaze.
Up and coming my ass.

No but SERIOUSLY. Musicians like that are not up-and-coming they are in-your-face arrogant and already popular. Please try and find actually underground musicians for the love of god, that's what MiAmore was doing before we had to shut down (psst we're turning into a generic non-brony label)

I will lose hope for your channel every time I see a song by Blaze, and that's how it works with every channel I see. I don't mind Blaze, but when EKF and other "promotional media" started buttlicking his every song it gets VERY annoying and makes me VERY cynical towards new promotional channels.
Also, if you're gonna stick to brony music, STICK TO BRONY MUSIC. Again, EKF, like the utter dumbasses they are, named their channel "EKFdubstep" and haven't posted a dubstep song in ages, and they're also accepting non-brony music.

Please please PLEASE do not become another EKF or MonsterBronyMedia. While MBM was /alright/ and only featured artists once, it was still a bad parody. EKF featured shitty artists just because they sucked up, they featured Blaze like ten times, they got genres wrong, BANNED people for saying they got genres wrong etc.

Follow all that I have said and you'll work out just fine.

Oh hi there, Didn't think id show up in this neck of the woods eh? Figured what better place to recruit and help out newer artists than the very forums themselves.

And oh boy the things i've found.

Let try to take a gander at a few points being made here.

"Please please PLEASE do not become another EKF or MonsterBronyMedia. While MBM was /alright/ and only featured artists once, it was still a bad parody."

That "Bad Parody" was the one that featured you, trusted you and tried to help you get better at every point. I never gave up on you ever.

Along with that that /alright/ group helped promote over 40 artists and kept to featuring to artists once to have a more diverse artist selection. Not only promote I also made groups for novice artists to come in and get some help from higher artists to nurture them until i thought they were good enough to show them at their peak. This promoted a fun and interactive group that was unbiased to anyone that wanted to join, You were one of those people.

You want to know how to really run a channel? Don't be like EKF and put just a circle take the extra time, Care about how your presentation looks, I spent weeks perfecting MBM`s layout to look exactly like Monstercat. I didn't do this because it wasn't original i did it because people would be more familiar with the layout and a bunch of people headed over from Monstercat that thought it was Monstercat and liked the music, Due to this tactic i got 163 messages saying i converted people into Bronies. Don't just post the artists talk to them be their best friend, make them feel like they would take a bullet for you because that's what builds a group together and makes a team that can do anything.

And above all treat it like your baby, your child. I saw talent in mine and we can build yours together. If you want help ask it from me that's coming from the guy who built everything from that "bad parody" channel all by himself and rolled over 1100 subs with a positive loving community and has received compliments and partnerships from monstercat and Ephixa themselves: Ones that were turned down because i didnt care about the subs or money. All i loved was seeing that response when an artist realized they got featured...that all that work paid off and everyone could see it.

I don`t run this channel because I wanted views, subs, or money. I run this channel because for once artists deserve a place that they can talk with others, Trade sound packs, Ask for help, Visual assistance, Channel ideas, Promotion for their channel and music, and above all just a friend. Like what i thought we used to be.

That is how you run a Brony Promotion channel.
MonsterBronyMedia

Postby Viricide Filly » 14 Aug 2013 17:49

...Can't honestly argue with any of that really.
Sorry, man.
You've been ignoring me way before i posted that though.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby ExoBassTix » 15 Aug 2013 01:36

It does come from two sides, yep.
Last edited by ExoBassTix on 02 Sep 2013 08:26, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Fl Brony » 02 Sep 2013 00:20

I'm behind this for sure. Maybe its because I haven't been here as long or just don't really check out most promotion channels. BUT, from what I have seen this is WAY better than some that have tried, seeing how this has at least lasted for over a week......a lot longer than what I would have thought. So anyway, fingers crossed that this will actually work out.
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby itroitnyah » 02 Sep 2013 08:12

This site has already practically fallen into an abandoned corner of the internet, so you're too late. If you go to the site, you'll see that it has this message practically saying that they're... Shutting down the site, due to the failure of their project? I guess? They say that the tumblr, facebook and twitter won't be gone, the youtube will be almost inactive, etc.

But otherwise, the tumblr looks like it's pretty dead, with posts usually getting maybe 1-3 notes, with the most notes being 38.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 02 Sep 2013 10:59

Sigh, another one bites the dust.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby S.P.P » 02 Sep 2013 11:21

Shame really, I quite liked this one.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby simonli2575 » 02 Sep 2013 12:15

Life sucks, you just have to deal with it.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Previous